PDA

View Full Version : Larry Vickers Carbine/Pistol; North Texas; 04/03-05/2009

Wayne Dobbs
10-13-08, 09:36
Vickers Tactical Three Day Carbine/Pistol Class

Larry Vickers, former U. S. Army Delta Force operator/weapons trainer, American Pistol Guild gunsmith and firearms industry consultant will be returning to North Texas to present his three day carbine and pistol class. Larry’s credentials are very extensive and “real world” and may be viewed on his website at www.vickerstactical.com.

Topics to be covered during this class include: real world firearms safety issues, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment, trigger control techniques, weapons maintenance, reloads, presentations, shooting positions, weak side shooting, shooting on the move and numerous and varied skill development drills. Additionally a low light session is planned along with a Crimson Trace laser grips demonstration.

This class will be an open enrollment course and TCLEOSE credit will be available for Texas law enforcement personnel.

Lead Instructor: Larry A. Vickers

Class Dates: April 3-5, 2009

Class Size: 16 maximum

Cost: $550 per student

Class Equipment Requirements:

· Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection preferred)
· Serviceable duty grade carbine
· Serviceable duty grade handgun (9 x 19 minimum)
· Serviceable sling – suitable for a variety of shooting positions – tactical type preferred
· Minimum of one carbine magazine pouch – or method to carry spare magazine(s)
· Minimum of three serviceable carbine magazines (five or more preferred)
· Serviceable pistol holster and belt
· Minimum of one double magazine pouch to maintain two spare pistol magazines on body
· Minimum of three serviceable pistol magazines (five or more preferred)
· Ammunition: 800 rounds pistol/1000 carbine – Service/training type – No reloads
· ZEROED WEAPONS: A 100-yard carbine zero is preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason for that and understand it. Know your handgun’s zero at various ranges.
· Suitable range attire for the season
· Weapons maintenance gear, including lubricant
· Good attitude

For an enrollment form or further information, send an email to detwd114@yahoo.com

David Thomas
10-13-08, 13:01
Vickers Tactical Three Day Carbine/Pistol Class

For an enrollment form or further information, send an email to detwd114@yahoo.com

I would love to attend. Email sent.

Thanks,

David

Wayne Dobbs
10-15-08, 13:16
This class is now full with a wait list started. Please advise if you want to be placed on that.

WD

R.Miksits
11-03-08, 04:09
Well that sucks, Any chance of another one happening later in the year wayne?

I Live in Allen and usually end up having to travel across texas for any type of training.I missed this last year also.

Oh well maybe next year...

R.Miksits

Wayne Dobbs
11-03-08, 11:10
R. Miksits,

Without making any commitment, let's just say that discussions have occurred that would put Larry back in Texas in the Fall 09. We'll have to see what happens...

xtremejc
11-03-08, 14:41
R. Miksits,

Without making any commitment, let's just say that discussions have occurred that would put Larry back in Texas in the Fall 09. We'll have to see what happens...

I guess I am a little late again... I would like to be put into the waiting list... I am not too far from Greenville either...

Wayne Dobbs
11-03-08, 16:00
JC,

Please either PM or email me with your contact info and I'll put you on the wait list.

Wayne

xtremejc
11-03-08, 16:15
JC,

Please either PM or email me with your contact info and I'll put you on the wait list.

Wayne

PM Sent Wayne...

Blinking Dog
01-05-09, 22:08
Wayne - will you please put me on the wait list.

Also, when I trained with Paul Howe last year he said Larry is welcome to use his range for a class. If there are folks interested then perhaps we can get LAV over to Nacogdoches for a few days. Paul has a fantastic facility with multiple ranges, a bunk house, classroom, weapons cleaning shed, etc. What do you think?

JeffLester
02-18-09, 12:37
Wayne -- If Larry does another carbine class in the fall, either at APG or CSAT, I'm interested.

David Thomas
02-18-09, 16:42
Wayne -- If Larry does another carbine class in the fall, either at APG or CSAT, I'm interested.

Jeff,

too bad you are going to miss this one. Glad to see you on here at M4C.

David

Wayne Dobbs
03-10-09, 16:17
To those of you that are attending, I've sent you an email about some admin matters. If you haven't checked and replied to that message, please do so ASAP.

Thanks,

Wayne

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Wayne Dobbs
03-24-09, 14:26
I just had a cancellation on this class. If you want that slot, please email me ASAP at detwd114 (at) Yahoo (dot) com