PDA

View Full Version : South African PMP M193 Ammo

sundance435
12-16-17, 11:01
Any of you guys have experience with the newer stuff? I know there was a lot of it about 10 years ago, but I'm looking at stocking up on the newer stuff. Just curious as to quality - IMI used to be my go-to, but their QC issues of late have me holding off. I can't find many reviews of the newer PMP - most reviews are from a decade ago.

markm
12-16-17, 12:31
Hmmm.. didn't know there was a new run available. The old stuff had brass that had a significantly lower case volume.

sundance435
12-17-17, 12:36
Hmmm.. didn't know there was a new run available. The old stuff had brass that had a significantly lower case volume.

Looked again - guess it is 90's vintage, but it's popping up for sale again. I assume the lower volume means reduced muzzle velocity?

gaijin
12-17-17, 19:59
I assume the lower volume means reduced muzzle velocity?

Not at all.
Lower case volume, with same powder charge would result in higher pressure/velocity.
I’d assume powder charge has been adjusted to allow same velocity?
The bigger issue, for a hand loader, would be load work up. Don’t want to run the same powder charge you’ve used with previous brass in a case with less volume.

Bimmer
12-18-17, 08:02
I bought a case of this...

I shot some of it a couple weeks ago. It was significantly more accurate than the other ball ammo that I was shooting (Prvi, Wolf, etc.) In my gun it was better than Hornady's T2 or Black Hills, too.

I was impressed, and if I could find more at the price I had bought it at (<$300/1,000), then I would buy more.