PDA

View Full Version : How about a Beretta M9A3 without the Desert Cerakote finish?

thegreyman
12-16-17, 16:19
I want a Beretta M9A3 without the Desert Cerakote finish. I know they would sell. I wonder if you can order one; "hold the mustard."

12-16-17, 18:11
They look bad-ass with the top end melonited and black grips.

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/839/kHROH5.jpg

hk_shootr
12-16-17, 19:26
I would like the M9a3 a bit better if it were one damn color, not three

cop1211
12-16-17, 23:41
Strange they don’t offer it in black. I’d like one but I’d have to get it refinished since I’m not a big fde fan.

12-17-17, 09:03
Its only available in FDE, currently. It doesn’t look as bad in person as it does in the pics. I have one on my nightstand with an APL.

After shooting mine, I’ve decided I prefer the arched backstrap, so I’m gonna drop a Vertec slide onto a M9A1 frame with D spring for my next gun. That gets me a black gun with replaceable sights, with or without a manual safety, checkered frame, bevelled magwell, railed dustcover, modern locking block. The only thing I’m giving up to the A3 is the flat backstrap and threaded barrel, which I could also get in black if desired. Berettas are like Legos.

ramairthree
12-17-17, 12:05
Its only available in FDE, currently. It doesn’t look as bad in person as it does in the pics. I have one on my nightstand with an APL.

After shooting mine, I’ve decided I prefer the arched backstrap, so I’m gonna drop a Vertec slide onto a M9A1 frame with D spring for my next gun. That gets me a black gun with replaceable sights, with or without a manual safety, checkered frame, bevelled magwell, railed dustcover, modern locking block. The only thing I’m giving up to the A3 is the flat backstrap and threaded barrel, which I could also get in black if desired. Berettas are like Legos.

In my opinion the Elite II frame is the epitome of their rail less models, and the M9A1 that of the railed.

SeriousStudent
12-17-17, 12:38
I hunted down a Vertec. The color was not a big deal on the M9A3, I'm just not a huge fan of Cerakote. I also really wanted to be able to swap the front sight if desired.

https://i.imgur.com/3HAq7eB.jpg

I am debating sending it to Robar for some sort of dark NP3 finish before I give it to my nephew. He's not going to be taking it back to the Middle East, they issued him pistols for that. So a desert color is irrelevant.

Firefly
12-17-17, 14:05
I hunted down a Vertec. The color was not a big deal on the M9A3, I'm just not a huge fan of Cerakote. I also really wanted to be able to swap the front sight if desired.

https://i.imgur.com/3HAq7eB.jpg

I am debating sending it to Robar for some sort of dark NP3 finish before I give it to my nephew. He's not going to be taking it back to the Middle East, they issued him pistols for that. So a desert color is irrelevant.

I hate you so much.

I had a Vertec I got stupid cheap c. 2006 or 2007 and sold it and it has been a hole in my soul ever since.

I need a Beretta anything. I like them better than some other guns and I just wanted to be different and now I know why stuff is what it is.

It took me a while to want a Beretta again because it seemed so basic and dull.

Now I want an A3 and maybe an M9 with a Bar Sto for hole punching. I went through phases but really Berettas are just versatile and pretty.

I need to get one again and choot the mess out of it.

Besides, I got big hands and the Beretta is so comfy. Like the 1911 its a good honest pistol that a little wood and oil can make it look nice

SeriousStudent
12-17-17, 14:08
I get this a lot.

https://i.imgur.com/tAWNDFQ.jpg

Firefly
12-17-17, 14:12
Well not "hate" but envy (in a good way). That's a pretty Vertec.

I'll find another one day.

Per the brown M9A3, black would be nice but that trigger makes you forget all about it.

SeriousStudent
12-17-17, 14:19
I just added a Wilson trigger bar, a short reach trigger, D trigger spring, G decocking lever and Elite hammer. And the Wilson Ultra Thin VZ grips, of course. Love that dark cherry G10.

I have not been able to tell the difference blindfolded between this Vertec and an M9A3 when testing triggers.

It may just be that the M9A3 was relatively new. My friend had only 350 rounds through it, he said. I was only able to do a short dry practice session with both guns, no actual range time.

If I run across another Vertec for a reasonable price, I'll let you know.

26 Inf
12-17-17, 14:31
Just checking around, don't know if the link is still valid:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3992518/san-diego-california-handguns-for-sale--beretta-92fs-vertec-ss

HKGuns
12-17-17, 15:41
I like different stuff and this is certainly different. It has grown on me as its color scheme is so unique.

Put the hater-aid away and enjoy.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2618327105-5.jpg

12-17-17, 16:26
The trigger on my A3 is amazing, stock. Better than my PX4 with D spring and 3,000 rnd trigger job.

Edit: I cleaned and lubricated the PX4 trigger, and the difference between it and the M9A3 is less, but still there. It was stacking a bit before cleaning, now its breaking cleanly again.

M9A3 pull weight in SA is 4.25lbs on my RCBS scale, and the PX4 is is 5lbs.

CWM11B
12-21-17, 16:36
There are a couple of PDs that have ordered M9A3s with Bruniton finishes instead of FDE. I believe one in TX and another on the eastern seaboard. I can't recall the names.

12-21-17, 17:27
Good to see that the 92 is still getting some LE contracts. They've always been one of the best shooting pistols in my hands.

I picked up an A3 and I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

Alex V
12-22-17, 12:08
The first gun I ever bought was a Beretta 90-Two in .40 I can't stand it, but I am strangely drawn to the M9 A3, three different colors and all. Wonder if you can get it with 15 round mags instead of the 17s?

ejr490
12-22-17, 20:53
I’d take one in any color! If it was all fde I think that would be better. I had a vertec also and sold it. Which was not a good decision that thing was very accurate and it practically threw brass into a coffee can, great for reloading!

Ed

ShipWreck
01-04-18, 14:52
I like different stuff and this is certainly different. It has grown on me as its color scheme is so unique.

Put the hater-aid away and enjoy.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2618327105-5.jpg

Sho nuff :) :)

https://i.imgur.com/IOZrui0.jpg

Sam
01-04-18, 14:56
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/vertec-left.jpg

Dionysusigma
01-04-18, 15:57
Eh.. it's... okay, I suppose...

... but I guess I just got used to seeing it in Fifty Shades of SCAR. ;)

Outlander Systems
02-07-19, 17:10
https://i.ibb.co/zbD3C1t/B9-B40843-E72-F-4-FFC-90-DE-BC45-F33-D5-D9-B.jpg

I hate you so much.

I had a Vertec I got stupid cheap c. 2006 or 2007 and sold it and it has been a hole in my soul ever since.

I need a Beretta anything. I like them better than some other guns and I just wanted to be different and now I know why stuff is what it is.

It took me a while to want a Beretta again because it seemed so basic and dull.

Now I want an A3 and maybe an M9 with a Bar Sto for hole punching. I went through phases but really Berettas are just versatile and pretty.

I need to get one again and choot the mess out of it.

Besides, I got big hands and the Beretta is so comfy. Like the 1911 its a good honest pistol that a little wood and oil can make it look nice

Big A
02-11-19, 09:40
They are now making the M9A3 in black. It debuted at SHOT Show this year.

El Cid
02-11-19, 09:51
Beretta is doing a limited run of two tine M9A3’s this month. FDE and black. FDE and grey. Grey and black. And OD and grey (or was it black?).

Buds has them.

Outlander Systems
02-11-19, 10:33
Affirmative. Post number 22 in this thread is a M9A3, Black in Color.

nick84
02-11-19, 12:02

Oh nice. With the WC grips I didn't recognize that as an A3 at first. I love mine, but I won't be getting another just for the color change.

SeriousStudent
02-11-19, 20:44
Oh, and just to torment poor Firefly some more.....

I sent that Vertec off to Ernest Langdon. He did his Level 2 action job and tune up on it. It shoots amazingly sweet now. Seriously, it has the best trigger of any semi-auto I own. And I own a metric buttload of pistols.

Did I mention the Beretta Elite II barrel I tracked down for it, so it prints even smaller groups? Oh yeah, I did that too.

Also, I'll be in Ernest Langdon's TDA pistol class in October, just to torture Firefly some more. I'll be sure and post pics, too. :cool:

MUwhahahahaha!!!!

Outlander Systems
02-12-19, 05:52
Winning.

I’m gonna post some pics later of an M9A3 I think Firefly is really going to like.

ETA:

https://i.ibb.co/s6KfvcG/0-EA2-B783-131-B-4-E93-9760-7-E8846340-F43.jpg

The pic doesn’t show the green well. It’s very old-school WC in Color.

I sent that Vertec off to Ernest Langdon. He did his Level 2 action job and tune up on it. It shoots amazingly sweet now. Seriously, it has the best trigger of any semi-auto I own. And I own a metric buttload of pistols.

Did I mention the Beretta Elite II barrel I tracked down for it, so it prints even smaller groups? Oh yeah, I did that too.

Also, I'll be in Ernest Langdon's TDA pistol class in October, just to torture Firefly some more. I'll be sure and post pics, too. :cool:

MUwhahahahaha!!!!

Big A
02-12-19, 07:39

Yeah, I should have clicked on the picture to enlarge it and read the slide. I thought it was just a regular old Vertec with some WC/VZ grips and threaded barrel.

Outlander Systems
02-12-19, 08:20
I'll just leave a picture of the M9A3 Jungle Boot edition here to troll Firefly:

https://i.ibb.co/MpbPS3f/IMG-3798.jpg

Yeah, I should have clicked on the picture to enlarge it and read the slide. I thought it was just a regular old Vertec with some WC/VZ grips and threaded barrel.

Big A
02-12-19, 09:53
I'll just leave a picture of the M9A3 Jungle Boot edition here to troll Firefly:

Ok, where is your 92G Elite LTT? I think that might be my ultimate Beretta.
(I never should have sold my 92FS years ago)

Outlander Systems
02-12-19, 09:59
I should set up a gofundme for one.

The M9A3 remedied all my complaints with prior models.

ramairthree
02-12-19, 10:20

MUwhahahahaha!!!!

Yeah, over the years I have done the d spring mod,
D spring with some polishing,
Bought one with a Langdon trigger job,
And most recently bought the LTT elite with his trigger job.

Finest da/SA trigger I have experienced.

It is the finest out of the box/ off the shelf Beretta production/SSP ever in my opinion. And with night sights is a fantastic tactical pistol.

If you look at Beretta forum a decade ago I was calling for Beretta to make a “production elite” which is exactly this pistol with a non railed frame,
And a “tactical elite” which is exactly this pistol with night sights and threaded barrel.

Since that time we got the Brig Tac, which is a fine pistol but really is not optimized.
The M9A3, which needed suppressor height sights, and many lean towards an elite or m9a1 frame vs the vertex.

Norseman
02-12-19, 11:08

https://i.ibb.co/MpbPS3f/IMG-3798.jpg

I don't know whether thank or curse you right now.

(storms off in a huff to find out more about pizza gun with green toppings)

Outlander Systems
02-12-19, 11:33
I accidentally received that and regret not keeping it.

I don't know whether thank or curse you right now.

(storms off in a huff to find out more about pizza gun with green toppings)

02-12-19, 11:55

You’re not wrong. It is in my opinion the best model available today, and one of the finest weapons I own.

Norseman
02-12-19, 12:37
I accidentally received that and regret not keeping it.

I told myself I was going to back of the throttle this year. Cull the heard and swap funds into ammo, mags and project completion. I really need to do this for mental reasons and streamlining. Like really really.

This is not helping.

Thank you though for making me aware.......I think.:confused:

Outlander Systems
02-12-19, 12:40
Do it. It was oozing with personality. I was en-route to claim it when I got the notification it had been shipped back.

I told myself I was going to back of the throttle this year. Cull the heard and swap funds into ammo, mags and project completion. I really need to do this for mental reasons and streamlining. Like really really.

This is not helping.

Thank you though for making me aware.......I think.:confused:

3ACR_Scout
02-12-19, 13:31
I thought they released the black M9A3 last year. I’ve been seeing people posting photos of them on ARFCOM for about six months or longer.

This year they announced a solid OD green M9A3, which people are reporting are already in stores. I have a photo but can’t post it at the moment. It looks great. I hadn’t considered buying an A3, but I may have to get one.

Pappabear
02-12-19, 14:41
I’ve seen multiple black ones in several LGS. I bought FDE because it had the G conversion already done.

PB

SeriousStudent
02-12-19, 18:58
Pappabear, the G conversion is not really tough to do, if you have somebody helping. It honestly does help to have a third hand available when you re-assemble the slide.

But the actual G lever kit is not real expensive off the Beretta US website. And they are good about keeping them in stock.

It's just 59 bucks with free shipping: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

Pappabear
02-12-19, 19:40
Pappabear, the G conversion is not really tough to do, if you have somebody helping. It honestly does help to have a third hand available when you re-assemble the slide.

But the actual G lever kit is not real expensive off the Beretta US website. And they are good about keeping them in stock.

It's just 59 bucks with free shipping: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/

I heard they were an easy instal and available. I was just waiting to find the right deal. It was on sale with G done. The combo made it a go for me. But great information for those whom want the G.

I couldn’t run one without the G conversation. I know many ran them in military without so to each his own.

SeriousStudent
02-12-19, 19:45
Yup, I am the same way, I really do like that G lever.

I have arthritis in my hands, and some movements just are harder than others. The cylinder release on a Colt revolver is harder than a S&W. And using the regular safety lever on a Beretta is just a tiny bit out of range for my wee stubby digits.

Bribe markm with some good Mexican food, and he can catch the springs and detents as they fly across the room. ;) Fortunately the new lever comes with a complete set of spare springs and detents, I needed one of each.

Pappabear
02-12-19, 19:54
Yup, I am the same way, I really do like that G lever.

I have arthritis in my hands, and some movements just are harder than others. The cylinder release on a Colt revolver is harder than a S&W. And using the regular safety lever on a Beretta is just a tiny bit out of range for my wee stubby digits.

Bribe markm with some good Mexican food, and he can catch the springs and detents as they fly across the room. ;) Fortunately the new lever comes with a complete set of spare springs and detents, I needed one of each.

Oh he is pretty good, but I’m usually the spring catcher😀

Esq.
02-14-19, 09:13
I have retrofitted all of my 92's with G levers. The first one was a PITA, the rest went really easily.

Pappabear
02-14-19, 09:15
I have retrofitted all of my 92's with G levers. The first one was a PITA, the rest went really easily.

That G lever is a game changer for me. Makes the gun a legit weapon vs. a novelty to me.

PB

nick84
02-14-19, 09:33
I gotta admit, that Elite LTT looks like a sweet shooter. Anyone have one of those and one of the Wilson offerings that could offer a comparison? I've been eyeballing those for years, and the 92G is in the same price range.

SeriousStudent
02-14-19, 20:50
I gotta admit, that Elite LTT looks like a sweet shooter. Anyone have one of those and one of the Wilson offerings that could offer a comparison? I've been eyeballing those for years, and the 92G is in the same price range.

I think one of our mod's (Sam) has both, or has had both.

contax_shooter
03-03-19, 09:38
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7832/32324796167_e235549387_b.jpg

M9A3
OEM G conversion kit
OEM Elite II hammer
Wilson Ultimate Action Tune Kit with a 12 lb hammer spring
Wilson Short Reach Trigger
Wilson fluted steel guide rod
Wilson Fiber Optic Front and Battlesight U-notch rear
Wilson Mag Guide
VZ golf ball pattern grip

Average DA pull is 4 lb 10 oz, SA is 1 lb 13 oz. The Wilson trigger bar dropped right in without any fitting and I kept the OEM trigger spring. All I did was apply a 1000-grit stone to all surfaces that makes contact to remove any burrs. I wish the Wilson mag guide came without the pin hole so that we can fit it ourselves, there's about 1 mm left of upward travel.

I'm unsure how accurate trigger pull weights are, I'm using the digital gauge and measuring from the center of the trigger.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/831412/wheeler-engineering-professional-digital-trigger-pull-gauge

Outlander Systems
03-03-19, 10:35
Wow. That is a looker. You got pics of the trigger gauge showing that pull weight on SA?

M9A3
OEM G conversion kit
OEM Elite II hammer
Wilson Mag Guide

Average DA pull is 4 lb 10 oz, SA is 1 lb 13 oz. The Wilson trigger bar dropped right in without any fitting and I kept the OEM trigger spring. All I did was apply a 1000-grit stone to all surfaces that makes contact to remove any burrs. I wish the Wilson mag guide came without the pin hole so that we can fit it ourselves, there's about 1 mm left of upward travel.

I'm unsure how accurate trigger pull weights are, I'm using the digital gauge and measuring from the center of the trigger.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/831412/wheeler-engineering-professional-digital-trigger-pull-gauge

Big A
03-04-19, 13:40
I thought they released the black M9A3 last year. I’ve been seeing people posting photos of them on ARFCOM for about six months or longer.

This year they announced a solid OD green M9A3, which people are reporting are already in stores. I have a photo but can’t post it at the moment. It looks great. I hadn’t considered buying an A3, but I may have to get one.

First I had heard about all the color variants was from vids at SHOT show this year.

noonesshowmonkey
03-04-19, 14:40
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7832/32324796167_e235549387_b.jpg

M9A3
OEM G conversion kit
OEM Elite II hammer
Wilson Mag Guide

Average DA pull is 4 lb 10 oz, SA is 1 lb 13 oz...

That's a classy looking shooter, and some downright scary looking trigger pull numbers.

What's the length of the pull and reset?

Sounds like holding a poisonous snake that wants to bite.

UTShooter71
03-04-19, 15:42
I want a M9 whether it is an A3 or mil-surp model. It can be any color. I just need one for some reason. I have carried one on active duty and now in the Reserves. Truth be told if I can ever get a beat up mil-surp it will get a full restoration as thanks for its service (and then barely ever shot).

RHINOWSO
03-04-19, 15:48
First I had heard about all the color variants was from vids at SHOT show this year.

Yes but they released black M9A3 before SHOT, Late last fall.

The other colors besides FDE are new, however.

Outlander Systems
03-04-19, 15:57
No excuses:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/beretta-9mm-semi-auto-surplus-g-vg/

I want a M9 whether it is an A3 or mil-surp model. It can be any color. I just need one for some reason. I have carried one on active duty and now in the Reserves. Truth be told if I can ever get a beat up mil-surp it will get a full restoration as thanks for its service (and then barely ever shot).

Eurodriver
03-17-19, 14:18
No excuses:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/beretta-9mm-semi-auto-surplus-g-vg/

Excuse: Its OOS.

I want a clean NIB M9 though. For posterity’s sake.

MountainRaven
03-17-19, 14:36
Excuse: Its OOS.

I want a clean NIB M9 though. For posterity’s sake.

Other excuse: It has a heel magazine release.

m4brian
04-09-19, 18:47
The FDE finish is Cerakote, so I assume it is better than the standard finish which is Bruniton. What is used on the BLACK A3? Just Bruniton?

TXSlade
04-10-19, 22:28
I love my fde m9a3, fantastic suppressor host. Personally I feel the bruniton holds up better than my fde. But either way, m9a3 with vertex grip. My number 2 full size. Behind my wc 1911 in 45.

ramairthree
04-11-19, 02:14
I do kind of want an OD “jungle boot” one also.

https://oi649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/ramairfour/9451BC8D-D5E0-4B55-BF21-EA1691778699_zpswkbxep4s.jpeg (https://s649.photobucket.com/user/ramairfour/media/9451BC8D-D5E0-4B55-BF21-EA1691778699_zpswkbxep4s.jpeg.html)

3ACR_Scout
04-11-19, 07:24
Yes but they released black M9A3 before SHOT, Late last fall.

The other colors besides FDE are new, however.
This discussion over on AR15.com reported the first black pistols listed for sale in May 2018, with a guy posting a photo of one his friend had purchased in June:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Black-M9A3-hits-the-streets/15-183015/

Seems kind of odd that the Beretta marketing may have been about 6 months behind the actual release of the pistol.