PDA

View Full Version : Anti-tank weapon turned in during San Francisco gun buyback

Buckaroo
12-17-17, 21:27
Anti-tank weapon turned in during San Francisco gun buyback
http://www.koaa.com/story/37083324/anti-tank-weapon-turned-in-during-san-francisco-gun-buyback
A rocket launcher was one of many weapons turned in Saturday at a gun buyback program in San Francisco, California.
Among 180 rifles, shotguns, and pistols police also received an AT4, which fires a single, unguided rocket meant to take out tanks and other vehicles. The weapon is only good for a one-time use. This one had already been fired or perhaps was a training model.
There were no charges filed against the person who turned the device in. The event provided amnesty to anyone turning in illegal weapons.

Hahahahahaha, I wonder what the rest of the poor folks in the line thought?
Maybe the headline should be
"Great souvenir is lost to gun buyback program"

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Averageman
12-17-17, 21:52
MILES.

Jellybean
12-17-17, 22:57
Among 180 rifles, shotguns, and pistols police also received an AT4, which fires a single, unguided rocket meant to take out tanks and other vehicles. The weapon is only good for a one-time use. This one had already been fired or perhaps was a training model.
THEN WHO ****ING CARES?!?!?
I love how these people constantly trot out the bogus "oh, looky here we dun bagged a rocket launcher" headlines every time a city pulls one of these buyback stunts, when they KNOW damn well it's just a fancy paperweight... :rolleyes:

There were no charges filed against the person who turned the device in.

Um... no shit?
Pretty sure inert one-time-use launchers are legal to own, I've seen quite a few pop up for sale here and there....
Hell, back in the day when I played Paintball, one guy had a Nerf rocket launcher made out of the body of one.

It's important because every gun that we destroy, and we get off the streets, is a potential gun that could've killed somebody,or destroy our whole universe, just one of those guns. And so getting any gun, even if we just got one gun off the streets though, one gun, we winnin'," explains Corpuz Jr.

:laugh:
Please tell me this news site is a joke, like, the Onion or Duffel?

Firefly
12-18-17, 08:48
If I had a Doomsday Weapon, I would turn it in to troll people.

Dist. Expert 26
12-18-17, 08:53
Well this was disappointing.

I need to get my hands on a spent AT4, go to a buy back and tell them I don't need this one anymore. The reactions would be worth every penny.

Todd.K
12-18-17, 09:19
I believe they need to be demilled to own. Couple of holes drilled in the tube where the ATF wants them.

Why not just mock up a prop? You just need a fiberglass tube and some foam.

Kain
12-18-17, 10:16
If I had a Doomsday Weapon, I would turn it in to troll people.

I'm pretty sure someone could do a mock up of a suitcase nuke. Would be interesting to see that see the reaction to that showing up. No more dangerous than a spent rocket tube.

Though I have to ask, these things usually have prices set for pistols, l9ng guns, "assault rifles" and such. With the scary shit being worth more. How much for a rocket launcher do you get? I gots to know. lol.

diving dave
12-18-17, 10:50
I'm going to build a model of the death star and turn it in. I'll feel better for saving a planet.

Airhasz
12-18-17, 11:22
I’m feeling safer already.:no:

sgtrock82
12-18-17, 11:31
I bet a spent AT4 tube is worth at least $200 and probably more. Never saw a spent M72 LAW tube under $100..... I suppose they are super proud of themselves

_Stormin_
12-18-17, 12:27
Everyone is missing the beautiful pair of O/U shotguns that will now end up in some LEOs gun collection... Wait, I mean destroyed per the terms of the buyback program.

Mr. Goodtimes
12-18-17, 12:41
Officer Toochin McFatphuck looks pretty proud of him self there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinzgauer
12-18-17, 13:16
I bet a spent AT4 tube is worth at least $200 and probably more. Never saw a spent M72 LAW tube under $100..... I suppose they are super proud of themselvesThat's kind of crazy as I remember seeing the spent M72s in bins for 5 or $10 a piece

Firefly
12-18-17, 14:31
On a serious not this is why I am either personally destroying my stash or getting them sold off before I get too old.

I doubt I will ever find a woman who would love me enough not to haul SR25s and whatnot down to a turn in so they would end up in a fatasses safe.

I probably wont ever have kids worth a damn.

Or worse she'd shack up with a fag who would hock my shit for a sports car.

If Im too old or have no ee takers, then I'll just will it to the NRA museum or Bailey Jay.

I'll be dead....maybe in Heaven by skin of my teeth, and it shouldnt bother me but....

It does. It really does.

Kain
12-18-17, 14:47
On a serious not this is why I am either personally destroying my stash or getting them sold off before I get too old.

I doubt I will ever find a woman who would love me enough not to haul SR25s and whatnot down to a turn in so they would end up in a fatasses safe.

I probably wont ever have kids worth a damn.

Or worse she'd shack up with a fag who would hock my shit for a sports car.

If Im too old or have no ee takers, then I'll just will it to the NRA museum or Bailey Jay.

I'll be dead....maybe in Heaven by skin of my teeth, and it shouldnt bother me but....

It does. It really does.

Don't talk that way. We planning on burying your stash with you, along with philosophical writings of the greats and a shit ton of ammo for the rise of the killer AI sex bots.... errrmm I mean machines.

MegademiC
12-18-17, 22:43
Officer Toochin McFatphuck looks pretty proud of him self there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would be too if you were doing the Lord’s work.

Todd.K
12-18-17, 23:14
And saving the "whole universe"

jpmuscle
12-18-17, 23:27
You would be too if you were doing the Lord’s work.

What people don't seem to get about Mr. Goodtimes is that, he's (cue boondock voice) A WARRIOR.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EagerFabulousBuzzard-max-1mb.gif

Firefly
12-18-17, 23:33
I pay yo taxes.....

jpmuscle
12-18-17, 23:37
I pay yo taxes.....

from da bluff with love

Firefly
12-18-17, 23:49

from da bluff with love

https://media.tenor.com/images/6ec329cff9da34f87ffa2971e4b91542/tenor.gif

HeruMew
12-19-17, 13:20
Everyone is missing the beautiful pair of O/U shotguns that will now end up in some LEOs gun collection... Wait, I mean destroyed per the terms of the buyback program.

When you find the comment funny, but then realize it's a sad, sad truth.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/112010/1290165886_rsd4rn.gif