PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Mount Your RMR On A Carbine?

joeg26er
12-19-17, 16:31
Started running a Trijicon RMR on a carbine with 1/3 lower cowit located far forward on the receiver. Only because I've always run AP RDS that way. Then just now placed it far back.

Feels a bit faster as the window is closer/larger that way but have not run any live fire comparisons. Anyone else experiment with this?

GH41
12-19-17, 19:57
First you have to find someone using a RMR on an M4. There are probably only a handful doing it. Half of those are sponsored shooters. Do what works best for your application.

GH41
12-19-17, 20:06
PM seems to like his in the middle.
https://i.imgur.com/sBf7FKX.jpg

nimdabew
12-19-17, 20:39
If I had to mount one, it would be on a 45 degree mount combined with a fixed power scope. As a primary optic? No thanks.

stascom
12-20-17, 01:07
I wouldn't run anything with an exposed projector as the main optic.

Outlander Systems
12-20-17, 19:11
Your experiences with the RMR are different than my own.

During Tropical Storm Cindy, despite torrents of rain, I had no issues with either the RM07 or RM09. If anything, I had a harder time seeing the target itself than the dot.

I wouldn't run anything with an exposed projector as the main optic.

joeg26er
12-20-17, 21:55

During Tropical Storm Cindy, despite torrents of rain, I had no issues with either the RM07 or RM09. If anything, I had a harder time seeing the target itself than the dot.

@outlander systems
Thanks that's valuable information
What waterproofing did you do to your RMRs?
I just have the sealing plate

Wake27
12-21-17, 01:35

I’ve only shot the RMR in heavy rain once, and it wasn’t as bad as the Internet led me to believe, but it still wasn’t great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outlander Systems
12-21-17, 08:12
No secret sauce here. The only thing I can chalk it up to is going with the larger-diameter reticles (6.5/9.0 MOA).

@outlander systems
Thanks that's valuable information
What waterproofing did you do to your RMRs?
I just have the sealing plate

Running optics in the rain sucks, period.

I’ve only shot the RMR in heavy rain once, and it wasn’t as bad as the Internet led me to believe, but it still wasn’t great.

Wake27
12-21-17, 10:34
Running optics in the rain sucks, period.

That’s probably true, I wouldn’t be surprised if that weather caused just about every other optic to at least fog up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk