PDA

View Full Version : XD(M) 10mm in 2017. Still holding my breath. Anyone else?

jt91123
12-20-17, 20:18
So when Springfield arms announced the possibility of a 10mm xd(m) before the end of 2017 I was very excited. Being a big fan of Springfield and the XD line and starting to develop a love for the 10mm it seemed too good to be true. I owened a glock 20 for almost a year and as much as i enjoyed the 10mm and reloading for it, i HATED the glock. I just didn't like anything about it besides that it held 15 rounds of 10mm. So it was sold off to someone who might give it a loving home. I tossed around the idea of a 10mm 1911 or trying to find a lightly used s&w 1006 to make use of my 10mm reloading equipment and supplies but with the possibility of a 10mm xd/xdm on the horizon i held off. Now it's a couple weeks from 2018 and i find my self wondering if Springfield is going to follow threw any time in the near future or if i should start looking elsewhere for something to fill the void. Anyone else been holding their breath for this one or is it just me?

darr3239
12-20-17, 21:44
Oops.

AKDoug
12-21-17, 01:04
You will find virtually zero love for anything XD around here. You've been warned :D

Wake27
12-21-17, 01:29
The most unreliable gun I’ve ever shot was an XD. I have a love/hate with Glock, but I don’t think there’s a single reason to buy XD anything. Honestly I think SA as a whole suffers because of that line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDoug
12-21-17, 02:28
The most unreliable gun I’ve ever shot was an XD. I have a love/hate with Glock, but I don’t think there’s a single reason to buy XD anything. Honestly I think SA as a whole suffers because of that line.

My wife bought me an XDm .40 for my 40th birthday. I was kind of obligated to shoot it I supposed. It's now past 9000 rounds and the only work I've done to it is to replace the firing pin roll pin with a better one since they've been known to fail. Exactly one failure in its life was a failure to chamber that made it about 80% of the way in.. a tap to back of the slide made it work. It has survived two Redback One pistol classes and my son ran it in a Frank Proctor class. It is, by far, the most accurate factory semi-auto I own. It now sits in a quick access safe in my office at work with a half dozen mags.

I carry a Glock 19 for every day and shoot them all summer in steel and practical shoots. The G19 carries better and is much better more comfortable than SA's clunky attempts at downsizing their "m" pistols.

I do find it amusing to watch the transition around here from pistol to pistol and everyone finding things to bitch about.

On topic, I have a Glock 20 10mm that I enjoy shooting and carrying for bear defense.

ejr490
12-21-17, 07:13
I’ve shot my friends XD a few times , 9mm, and it shot very well. I think one in 10mm would be pretty nice especially if it was a long slide with adjustable sights. The 10mm is a great round and anytime someone comes out with a new pistol in it I think is s good thing.

Ed

Burls
12-21-17, 08:48
I own a XD 40 fs with around 8000 rounds through it and have never had a single issue. That gun just runs and eats everything including the aluminum crap. Is the XD better than a glock? No, but its still a great platform for those that are not glock fans.

Wake27
12-21-17, 10:33
My wife bought me an XDm .40 for my 40th birthday. I was kind of obligated to shoot it I supposed. It's now past 9000 rounds and the only work I've done to it is to replace the firing pin roll pin with a better one since they've been known to fail. Exactly one failure in its life was a failure to chamber that made it about 80% of the way in.. a tap to back of the slide made it work. It has survived two Redback One pistol classes and my son ran it in a Frank Proctor class. It is, by far, the most accurate factory semi-auto I own. It now sits in a quick access safe in my office at work with a half dozen mags.

I carry a Glock 19 for every day and shoot them all summer in steel and practical shoots. The G19 carries better and is much better more comfortable than SA's clunky attempts at downsizing their "m" pistols.

I do find it amusing to watch the transition around here from pistol to pistol and everyone finding things to bitch about.

On topic, I have a Glock 20 10mm that I enjoy shooting and carrying for bear defense.

I’m sure my experience could have been mags or something else that’ll cause most guns to malfunction, but that was my first time shooting a pistol so that first impression has always stuck with me. Glad to hear yours has worked well though.

Arik
12-21-17, 10:49
No interest in either and I don't understand not "liking" guns. I can understand it doesn't fit a role or budget.... but feelings? No!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jt91123
12-21-17, 12:33
Well i had no intention of starting a glock vs xd thread but for what it's worth i have had zero failures with any for the xd and xdm handguns i have owned ovwr many 1000s of rounds. Didnt have any issues with the glock as far as reliability goes. Just didnt care for the ergonomics or the trigger and had a few other small issues that bugged me. To each there own. I mainly was just wondering if anyone else had been waiting almost a year for Springfield to follow threw and make a 10mm xdm.

BuzzinSATX
12-21-17, 15:49
We have over 4000 flawless rounds through my daughters XDm 3.8C in 9MM. Great gun. The grip safety seems to bother some folks but it’s really no different than a 1911, isn’t it?

All we did to her gun is put a set of Ameriglo Hacks on it. Shoots great!

Talyn
12-24-17, 12:09
I've had two XD45s (Tactical & Service) for years and have never had a problem with either of them with either FMJ or JHPs.

I also replaced the firing pin roll pin preemptively.

Looking forward to a XD(m) 10mm coming out since it will replace my G20 for walk-in-the-woods carry due to its better egos. Hopefully they'll make it in the longer (old) XD Tactical/XDm Competition length slide/barrel.

Hopefully they'll announce it at the Shot Show.

My .02