PDA

View Full Version : Turkey's new "Heckler and Glock" handgun

Slater
12-21-17, 10:21
I guess they save a ton of money on R&D by taking proven designs, adding a tweak here and there, and selling lots of them. Anyone familiar with this new "SAR 9"?

http://www.sarusa.com/

dwhitehorne
12-21-17, 17:31
I've got a couple of Turkish guns. I like what Canik has done with the P99 clones. This SAR 9 may be interesting. The main problem is if anything ever breaks you are pretty much on your own. David

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/new-sar-9-full-review-sar-usa-imports-turkish-polymer-pistol/

Sam
12-21-17, 19:58
That shooter/writer is ultra annoying. Lack of follow through, running his mouth instead of shooting, commentary on his own shooting. His skills couldn't keep up with the speed that he thought he could. Either shoot a match or test fire a gun, you can't do both well. Sheesh.

sundance435
12-21-17, 23:31
Looks like there is a Steyr in the family tree, too.

MegademiC
12-21-17, 23:59
Looks like there is a Steyr in the family tree, too.

That was my first thought, Steyr with he grip.

I actually think it’s a nice looking handgun, but I have zero interest at this point.

Oh, and if your going to copy HK, KEEP THE PADDLE!!

sundance435
12-22-17, 00:03
I have no use for anything Turkish while Erdogan is in power, which sucks for me, since Turkey has always been at the top of my list for a trip. I don't know what it will finally take for Turkey to be kicked out of NATO, but it will be long overdue if it ever happens.

12-22-17, 01:07
I like the big extractor set low on the case like that. I bet it runs better than a Glock.

Adrenaline_6
12-22-17, 08:16
Wow. Pretty much a VP9 with a little smoother looking glock-style mag sticking out the bottom look and a P10C mag release but non-ambi. Interesting...they are the chinese rip-offs of the gun industry.

Slater
12-22-17, 08:18
Don't worry, you can still buy a Remington RP9 for less than this gun :D

Five_Point_Five_Six
12-22-17, 08:37
Have no fear, looks like they make "assault" rifles too. http://www.sarsilmaz.com/en/catalog/category/ASSAULT-RIFLE/19

HeruMew
12-22-17, 08:49
I've got a couple of Turkish guns. I like what Canik has done with the P99 clones. This SAR 9 may be interesting. The main problem is if anything ever breaks you are pretty much on your own. David

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/new-sar-9-full-review-sar-usa-imports-turkish-polymer-pistol/

This Gat looks like a great option, but not for that price range.

I got my Canik v1 for much less than $300, much MUCH less. Even with transfer fee.

However, my V1 had a trigger issue and caused a lot of problems. So, I traded it off for a .40 Cal Magnum Research Baby Eagle.

Nonetheless, when I contacted the importer, they told me that my "lifetime" warranty was converted to a one year warranty after I had purchased the firearm, and that the one year had expired. My option was having their "old gunsmith who doesn't work for them anymore" build me a new trigger bar/assembly at my own expense. He wanted 240 dollars.

I could purchase a brand new one for almost as much. So, nope. It got traded off with a fair warning. I still made out in a better deal. The guy didn't want the .40, he wanted a 9, so who am I to deny the guy?

(In case anyone is wondering, my DA trigger pull would release early and wouldn't be able to hit the primer before the pin struck the firing pin block due to early release [the trigger pull wasn't fast enough to lift the pin block before it caught the early release] Single action still worked amazingly, but I just didn't trust it after I confirmed the issue. I also feel obligated to mention that I ran that gun HARD. I put it through multiple classes, and had it in the 3-4 thousand round range. I had it for nearly 4 years before trading it off.)

Titan74
12-22-17, 11:06
The main problem is if anything ever breaks you are pretty much on your own.

...when something breaks.

Texaspoff
12-22-17, 11:21
That actually pretty cool. I have always thought if someone would marry the best attributes from glock, IE reliability, ease of maintenance and the best ergos from an H&K, then you might have a nice pistol. It's a shame it had to be Sarsilmaz. I would still like to get my hands on one to play with.

I want this one though, I have no use or need for a safety on a striker gun.

https://i.imgur.com/K5pxu5X.jpg

TXPO

RHINOWSO
12-22-17, 11:23
I love all these guns the enthusiastic masses buy, that they say is better than HK / Glock / S&W...

Then there is the massive recall for $hit being all F-ed up or the guns are sequestered to the back of a safe, only to be fondled once or twice a year.

Way to think it through. ;)

Slater
12-22-17, 13:00
From all that I've heard, the Turkish guns are actually pretty well manufactured and sell quite well. It's the political angle that gets some folks.

Pilot1
12-22-17, 13:40
I have heard good things about the Turkish, Canik CZ-75 clones, but I have never thought the price difference was worth getting one in the long run, so I buy they genuine article instead. Still, more choices are probably better. In the early 90's when I first started buying CZ's, many thought they were "cheap Commie guns". Meanwhile, I bought as many Makarovs, and Russian SKS's as I could justify. Don't think any of them are considered junk anymore.

TCBA_Joe
12-22-17, 14:48
So it has a P320/APX/Steyr/Honor Guard removable chassis without the benefits of having a removable chassis?

m4brian
12-22-17, 16:53
I will confess that I bought a Canik C100, cuz CZ will not make a manual safety gun with an aluminum frame. It IS a good gun. Sights are tiny, but it is accurate and reliable.

I recently handled the CM9 Gen 2 - it seems to have a good trigger and nice ergos. But... when I pinched the front end with my fingers it felt like those soft plastic toy soldiers of the 60s - it flexed considerably. Thus, I'm not certain of the quality of some of these clones.

Moreover, I may decide not to buy from a country that presently and actively supports muslim fascists. I'm OK with the former Turkey that was a GOOD NATO ally back in the day.

mcnabb100
12-24-17, 11:27
From all that I've heard, the Turkish guns are actually pretty well manufactured and sell quite well. It's the political angle that gets some folks.

I have shot a canik stingray, I have to say it seemed very nice. Great fit and finish. I think I would rather buy something with better support should something go wrong. Also not a huge fan of Turkey.