PDA

View Full Version : Source for 16" 1:8 Twist Barrel

daved
10-13-08, 18:19
I'm in the design/planning stage of my first build and would like to use a 16" 1:8 twist barrel and mid-length gas system. A complete Larue Stealth Upper would be the obvious answer but I had hoped to build the upper from scratch. Can any of you experienced builders point me towards a source for drop-in barrel with the above specs and a rep for accuracy. Thanks for any and all input.

jmart
10-13-08, 18:32
Call Frank White or John Holliger. Or just get a Operator from GTS. I realize it's a 1 in 7", but I don't think you'd be giving anything up.

daved
10-13-08, 19:16
Thanks - I looked at their websites and they seem to be exactly what I was looking for!

molsen
10-13-08, 19:48
If you can wait, I'd go for the Bravo Co 16" Recce barrel (link below). I haven't heard much about it, but if Bravo Co put's their name on it, you can bet it's a great product.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Recce-Barrel-with-Mid-Length-Gas-p/bcm-recbrl%2016ss.htm

uscbigdawg
10-13-08, 23:04
JP Enterprises has them as it's what's in my new 3-Gun rifle. Nothing like shooting under .25 MOA. The Wilson barrels at Rock River aren't bad either, from what I've been told. I will preface all of this by saying I generally shoot 223 Wylde chambers since I find it gives more ammo flexibility.

Rich

rightwingmaniac
10-15-08, 02:28
pof gets their barrels from rock creek. check out the specs:

16" Heavy contour, Fluted to reduce weight and Heat
4150 Mil-B-1159F Vanadium Alloy (machinegun rated)
70 Rockwell case hardened heat treated "5R" polygonal barrels are 2X harder then Mil-Spec & Hammer Forged barrels
Corrosion resistant and 10 times thicker and hardness than mil-spec chromed lining
Right-handed 16" 1:8 twist, button rifled (Rock Creek Barrel Blank)

i have one and their awesome.