PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Delta Point Pro on Sig p320 x5

SCSU74
12-23-17, 19:47
Anyone using a Leupold DPP on the p320 x5? Curious how people are mounting them, direct or with Springer plate?

Also curious what front sight height is needed for use with the attached DPP rear? Appreciate any info/feedback!

haiedras
12-23-17, 19:49
You can't mount it directly, you'll need an adapter plate as the optic cut is designed specifically for the romeo1

SCSU74
12-23-17, 20:30
You can't mount it directly, you'll need an adapter plate as the optic cut is designed specifically for the romeo1

You can mount it directly: https://imgur.com/gallery/OxNOr

nimdabew
12-23-17, 23:24
I just mounted a DPP on a M&P slide by getting it milled for it by ATEi. The pocket depth was .1500" as measured from the top of the slide right in front of the pocket. The sight measures .4850" (I think) from the bottom of the sight to the bottom of the window.

That pic you posted looked like a mill job for the DPP specifically, not the pocket for the Sig Romeo. If you have a regular 320, get the pocket milled for it. I suggest ATEi, but there are several good mill people out there.

As far as front sight height, with the .1500" pocket depth and the adjustible rear as shown in that pic, I calculated a .450" required front sight. I am going to get one custom made by Dawson when I get around to it.

call_me_ski
12-27-17, 16:14
You can mount it directly: https://imgur.com/gallery/OxNOr

This is incorrect. The pocket is not long enough front to back to mount the Leu DPP level without something between the gun and the mount. Sig screwed up assuming that everyone would be okay with a chinese made optic on what they are selling as their flagship striker fired gun.

Here is a pic I just grabbed from a 320 x carry and a DP pro I tried to put together a moment ago for science. It might not appear that the DPP pro is all the way forward but that is only due to the angle and the fact that the face of the DPP is radius-ed.

haiedras
12-27-17, 16:37
That's what I thought, didn't have a DP handy to verify on my x5. Yeah, it's a little frustrating that the only optic that fits is the Romeo1, and anything else requires either milling or the Springer mounting plate. Maybe not a huge deal where I'd most likely use it in competition, but still annoying. :)

This is incorrect. The pocket is not long enough front to back to mount the Leu DPP level without something between the gun and the mount. Sig screwed up assuming that everyone would be okay with a chinese made optic on what they are selling as their flagship striker fired gun.

Here is a pic I just grabbed from a 320 x carry and a DP pro I tried to put together a moment ago for science. It might not appear that the DPP pro is all the way forward but that is only due to the angle and the fact that the face of the DPP is radius-ed.

SCSU74
12-28-17, 09:00

The front of the pocket needs to be trimmed 1-2mm, but they can be direct mounted as seen in the photo I attached