PDA

View Full Version : Reputable shotgun accessory dealer?

R1pper
10-13-08, 20:22
I had been looking at a Mossy 930 SPX but ended up with a 590A1 which I got a great deal on. Individual needed $$, claimed he only shot about 25rnds through it and sold it to me for $300.

The weapon was exceptionally well maintained and was very clean. It came with a no name two point sling and a Mesa Tactical six rnd side saddle.

After talking with my CATM NCOIC he stated that I should swap the magazine tube spring for a more reliable one and also install a Hi-viz magazine follower. He also stated that those were just two of the multiple factors led the AF away from the 590A1's and towards the 870 MCS's we now use.

I know very little about shotguns and have been reading this sub-forum as much as I can to gain more knowledge. But I have still have yet to find any reccomendations on where to buy accessories for my "boomstick". All I am looking for is a front sling end plate and where to get the follower and spring at this time. Eventually I will be adding a Surefire fore end and a VCAS sling.

TIA
-DM-

In2Deep
10-14-08, 00:16
brownells.

uscbigdawg
10-14-08, 08:54
Brownell's. Stick with the aluminum followers as the plastic ones all tear apart. As for the spring, buy what you can find and then cut to fit. Anyone's fiber optic front sight will work, but get one that comes with various colors so that you can try it out for YOUR preference. On my pistols I like a red "dot" but on my shotguns, I tend to go with a greenish-amber color. Go figure. But...it's what my eyes and brain process better.

I picked up a Mossy as well before leaving NC for near nothing. Just gotta find a reason to take it out sometime.

Rich

m24shooter
10-14-08, 20:11
You can order all of those from Brownell's. Get the Wolff generic spring and trim it back to fit. Trim it back as you go to be safe.