PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 19 holster

Clyde777
12-26-17, 16:13
Hello I am thinking about getting a bravo concealment glock 17 w/surefire x300 holster. If I get the 17 with the x300 holster will a glock 19 with a x300 also work in it?

5.56 Bonded SP
12-26-17, 18:54
All of my G17 holsters also work with my G19, but I have not tried the holster you mentioned.

I would never attempt to carry a G17 IWB. I've done it with a G19, and it was very uncomfortable ( appendix carry ).
I'm 6' 185lbs

The G19 is just long enough that when I sit own it presses against my leg, or the grip against my stomach.

Clyde777
12-26-17, 20:09
Yeah it is a owb holster I just didn't know if it would work for my 17 and 19 with the same light.

5.56 Bonded SP
12-26-17, 20:33
Yeah it is a owb holster I just didn't know if it would work for my 17 and 19 with the same light.

I think it should. All of my Glock holsters are double retention, and they work fine with both the g17 and g19.

BuzzinSATX
12-26-17, 20:40
Hello I am thinking about getting a bravo concealment glock 17 w/surefire x300 holster. If I get the 17 with the x300 holster will a glock 19 with a x300 also work in it?

I have the BC G17 OWB holster you are talking about. I called the company and they told me it would be interchangeable, but I haven’t tried yet. I can put my X300 on a G19 this week if you’d like and post the results. Won’t be able to get to in until later in the week.

Or...you can just buy one and send it back if it doesn’t work. I have several BC OWB holsters and they are excellent! And the company is easy to return stuff to...

Clyde777
12-26-17, 22:04
Thanks Im sure if they said it is interchangeable then it probably is. I am gonna buy it and if it doesn't work I will just keep it for the 17 and get another one for the 19. Thanks guys.

Hoosier15
12-26-17, 23:11
I'm using a Raven Morrigan for IWB on both and love it. I carried a 17 all summer in shorts.

hopetonbrown
12-27-17, 13:50
I'm 5' 7" and can appendix carry a G34 with a JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5.

My friend is 5' 5" and appendix carries a Springfield Professional 1911 in the JM Custom George.

I would never attempt to carry a G17 IWB. I've done it with a G19, and it was very uncomfortable ( appendix carry ).
I'm 6' 185lbs

The G19 is just long enough that when I sit own it presses against my leg, or the grip against my stomach.

BuzzinSATX
12-27-17, 14:25
I'm 5' 7" and can appendix carry a G34 with a JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5.

My friend is 5' 5" and appendix carries a Springfield Professional 1911 in the JM Custom George.

I just don’t get it. How the heck do you bend over and pick up something off the floor...or tie your shoe...or sit in a chair? I guess I’m weird, but I freakin hate appendix carry, as much as I want to do it. I’m 5’7, 190. Stocky built but losing weight towards 160 lbs goal. I just don’t see myself ever carrying this way.

Point me to a good video on how to carry this way...I’ve tried several and none work for me.

CPM
12-27-17, 14:46
I just don’t get it. How the heck do you bend over and pick up something off the floor...or tie your shoe...or sit in a chair? I guess I’m weird, but I freakin hate appendix carry, as much as I want to do it. I’m 5’7, 190. Stocky built but losing weight towards 160 lbs goal. I just don’t see myself ever carrying this way.

Point me to a good video on how to carry this way...I’ve tried several and none work for me.

This.

hopetonbrown
12-28-17, 02:34
It's probably 2 things.

A really good holster, and a belt that is more conducive to appendix carry.

A purpose built appendix holster that has either a bulbous protrusion at the bottom of the back, or a foam wedge. This cants the back of the slide into you. And then the Raven Concealment claw pulls the butt of the gun in. Look at JM Custom Kydex, Dark Star Gear, Phlster, Keepers Concealment, Custom Carry Concepts, Henry Holsters.

Don't wear the same super rigid gun belt like you would for regular OWB carry, and wear the belt a little looser. The belt needs more flex so the holster can float just a little, making it comfortable to sit down, bend over, etc. Companies like Mastermind Tactics and V Development Group make AIWB belts for $30-$45.

Caleb Giddings has a bunch of videos on YouTube, he's munchkin sized but regularly carries 5" 1911s, Beretta 92s and Glock 34s in appendix position. He has some AIWB specific vids.

BuzzinSATX
12-28-17, 04:47
It's probably 2 things.

A really good holster, and a belt that is more conducive to appendix carry.

A purpose built appendix holster that has either a bulbous protrusion at the bottom of the back, or a foam wedge. This cants the back of the slide into you. And then the Raven Concealment claw pulls the butt of the gun in. Look at JM Custom Kydex, Dark Star Gear, Phlster, Keepers Concealment, Custom Carry Concepts, Henry Holsters.

Don't wear the same super rigid gun belt like you would for regular OWB carry, and wear the belt a little looser. The belt needs more flex so the holster can float just a little, making it comfortable to sit down, bend over, etc. Companies like Mastermind Tactics and V Development Group make AIWB belts for $30-$45.

Caleb Giddings has a bunch of videos on YouTube, he's munchkin sized but regularly carries 5" 1911s, Beretta 92s and Glock 34s in appendix position. He has some AIWB specific vids.

Thanks. I’ll check out the videos. But I still want to know...from an anatomical perspective....how does someone bend over and pick up anything from the floor with a big chunk of plastic and metal strapped to your pivot point at the belly? Maybe the videos will answer this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk