PDA

View Full Version : 7.62 Noveske AR Build

docsherm
12-26-17, 17:48
I have built several 7.62 ARs for other people over the years. I just have not ever done one for me. Well that all changed when I saw that Noveske started to do DPMS pattern barrels.

I wanted a solid compact 7.62 build. I like the fact that Noveske uses the rifle lenght gas system on the 16" barrel. That with a A5 buffer should make this a very nice shooting rifle. This is going to be a compact rifle yet stil be able to reach out to some decent ranges.

Upper:
Aero Stripped upper
Aero upper parts kit
Noveske 16" rifle gas barrel
Matched Noveske BCG
Veltor Charging Habndle
PRI Gen 3 Handguard
Troy Sights
AAC Breakout 2.0
Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5 in a LaRue 1.93 Mount
Harris Bipod BRM-S and LaRue LT706 Mount

Lower:
Aero Stripped Lower
Aero lower parts kit
LaRue MBT-2S Trigger
Vltor 308 A6 Buffer tube
Aero Rifle lenght Spring
Aero 308 Carbine Buffer
DSG QD end Plate
DSG Receiver Extension Nut
MagPul MOE +
Seekins ambi safety
Veltor EMod

Here is what is started as:
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/001084496318/media/33633028855/medium/1514330582/enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/001084496318/media/33633028820/medium/1514330581/enhance

And the final result:

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/001084496318/media/33632994193/medium/1514329872/enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/001084496318/media/33632994368/medium/1514329877/enhance

I just finished it today. The Weather is really crappy so I am going to wait to to test fire and Zero it.

Range report to come. :)

Outlander Systems
12-26-17, 18:22
I wanna know how that barrel pwrfprma for you, bro.

I'm loving this build.

docsherm
12-26-17, 18:25
I will be posting a range report real soon. I am hoping for Friday if the weather gets a little better.

grizzman
12-26-17, 18:37
Aero 308 receivers are a good choice, and they're often available at supremely reasonable prices. That Noveske barrel should do very well.

Was it a mistake in typing, or do you plan to run a 308 carbine buffer with an A5 RE? If so, the proper buffer to use is a 5.56 carbine one.

docsherm
12-26-17, 18:42
Was it a mistake in typing, or do you plan to run a 308 carbine buffer with an A5 RE? If so, the proper buffer to use is a 5.56 carbine one.

Yes, I am using a 308 carbine buffer with a 308 A5 RE. I wanted the extra weight to test it because of the 16" Rifle gas system. I always adjust buffer weight depending on the operations of it.

grizzman
12-26-17, 18:55
My buffer comment was in regards to buffer length, not weight. Is the RE-10/A5SR (the only Vltor 308 A5 receiver extension I was able to locate) shorter than a standard Vltor A5 receiver extension?

I ran a Vltor A5 with H carbine buffer in my Aero until I replaced it with a Gen 2 UBR (without spacer), which is also A5 in length.

docsherm
12-26-17, 19:48
From Vltor:

The RE-10/A5SR is designed to be a replacement to the OEM receiver extension or for building up a rifle. Please note that there are additional components that are required based on your application. If you are using the A5SR tube on an Armalite AR-10 carbine and rifle, you must use the Armalite AR-10B Operation Spring (Armalite Part #EA1095) and AR10 Carbine Buffer (Armalite Part #EC0120). If you are using this for a DPMS rifle, you will need to call DPMS for the correct parts needed. Attempting to use this tube with parts other than these, will result in damage to your rifle.

https://www.vltor.com/shop/featured/re-10a5sr-a5-receiver-extension/

This was addressed about three years ago here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?161831-Vltor-a5-for-308

RobertTheTexan
12-26-17, 21:35
As always, an excellent build. Everything you need, nothing you don't. Can't wait to see the range report.
I must get me a PRI rail. Must!

sig1473
12-26-17, 21:57
The Armalite Part #EC0120 is the same as a H3 buffer.

docsherm
12-26-17, 22:01
The Armalite Part #EC0120 is the same as a H3 buffer.

Just cost about half the price. ;)

sig1473
12-26-17, 22:07
The thing is the Aero is 3.8oz and shorter in length vs the 5.4oz and longer Armalite(H3) buffer.

grizzman
12-26-17, 22:23
I was also unaware that Noveske makes a 308 BCG, and it's priced very competitively. My Aero BCG may end up as a spare if I find one on sale.

The deal with Vltor is that when they state AR10 receiver extension or AR10 buffer, they are specifically referring to Armalite components that don't necessarily match up with a DPMS or SR-25 pattern counterpart.

I slid an Aero 308 carbine buffer out of a rifle with standard carbine receiver extension, and placed it into the Aero lower with Gen 2 UBR. As expected, the bolt carrier was allowed full travel, since the buffer is shorter than an AR15 carbine buffer, and it "appears" to be fully functional. I'm not going to say with certainty that damage will occur if I fired it with this buffer, but I'm not going to find out.

docsherm
12-26-17, 23:04
Here is the best part about this conversation. It is a buffer that we are referring to and it can be changed out faster than I can type this post. If I do not like the way it works then I will change it. The reason I went with this set up is that another person that I know uses it and it works very well for them. I do not go off what has been posted on the internet as what works and what does not, no way to test the validity of those that say it. I base my decisions on what has worked for the people I know that use it in real world applications and by those that have developed them for the same or did the R&D for them.

Don't think that I am being a jerk here, I will always appreciate a good discussion on anything weapon related. I just did not haphazardly decide to do this.

Thanks for the input.

docsherm
12-26-17, 23:05
I was also unaware that Noveske makes a 308 BCG, and it's priced very competitively. My Aero BCG may end up as a spare if I find one on sale.

Keep an eye out on them. I got mine for almost 20% for Cyber Monday sales.

grizzman
12-26-17, 23:11
I don't think anyone in this thread is being anything but courteous and helpful.

If it works, then that's excellent, as additional buffer options is very welcome in the 308 arena. I simply haven't read anybody state that it's a viable option. I anxiously await your results.

ExplorinInTheWoods
12-26-17, 23:38
This is the first thread in a while that I have been interested in. I like noveske barrels and I was excited for the release of the N6 gen 3. I also caught the 308 AR bug after getting my colt 901. I'm interested to see the accuracy of this set up and how it runs reliability wise. I'm planning on buying a N6 one day. Please post grouping pictures of this barrel. Looks like you have it set up to be a battle rifle ready for 1-400 yds. What does it weigh?

docsherm
12-27-17, 00:00
I don't think anyone in this thread is being anything but courteous and helpful.

If it works, then that's excellent, as additional buffer options is very welcome in the 308 arena. I simply haven't read anybody state that it's a viable option. I anxiously await your results.

I get it and thanks. I will hopefully be posting one this weekend.

docsherm
12-27-17, 00:03
Looks like you have it set up to be a battle rifle ready for 1-400 yds. What does it weigh?

That is what I was going for. I have no idea of the weight, but it is a lot less than I thought it would be. The barrel is a thick one.

georgeib
12-27-17, 04:01
Yes, I am using a 308 carbine buffer with a 308 A5 RE. I wanted the extra weight to test it because of the 16" Rifle gas system. I always adjust buffer weight depending on the operations of it.

My buffer comment was in regards to buffer length, not weight. Is the RE-10/A5SR (the only Vltor 308 A5 receiver extension I was able to locate) shorter than a standard Vltor A5 receiver extension?

I ran a Vltor A5 with H carbine buffer in my Aero until I replaced it with a Gen 2 UBR (without spacer), which is also A5 in length.

A quick and easy test is to remove the upper from the lower and then manually push the BCG into the buffer tube against the buffer all the way in. If the back of the gas key contacts the receiver with the BCG in all the way, your buffer is too short, or your receiver extension too long.

EDIT: Alternately, I suppose you could remove the spring, and just drop the buffer into the tube and then try the BCG to see if it goes in too far.

grizzman
12-27-17, 09:40
Thanks for suggesting removing the upper for perform the test. I'm "working" from home today and have easy access to the components to test mine. My test involves a Gen 2 Magpul UBR with A5 length receiver extension without spacer, DPMS 308 carbine buffer, Aero M5 308 lower receiver, Aero 308 BCG.

To make things easier, I removed the spring. With a short DPMS 308 buffer from my spare parts stash (which is the same length as my Aero carbine buffer), the carrier does contact the lower receiver before the buffer reaches the end of the receiver extension. With the bolt carrier fully inserted and resting against the lower, the buffer slides forward and backward in the receiver extension freely.

I honestly don't comprehend how this setup.....A5 receiver extension/SR25 pattern BCG/SR25 pattern 308 carbine buffer.....is working well in anybody's rifle. I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong....just don't want anybody, which includes people reading this thread 5 years from now, damaging their rifle.

georgeib
12-27-17, 10:45
Thanks for suggesting removing the upper for perform the test. I'm "working" from home today and have easy access to the components to test mine. My test involves a Gen 2 Magpul UBR with A5 length receiver extension without spacer, DPMS 308 carbine buffer, Aero M5 308 lower receiver, Aero 308 BCG.

To make things easier, I removed the spring. With a short DPMS 308 buffer from my spare parts stash (which is the same length as my Aero carbine buffer), the carrier does contact the lower receiver before the buffer reaches the end of the receiver extension. With the bolt carrier fully inserted and resting against the lower, the buffer slides forward and backward in the receiver extension freely.

I honestly don't comprehend how this setup.....A5 receiver extension/SR25 pattern BCG/SR25 pattern 308 carbine buffer.....is working well in anybody's rifle. I'm not trying to prove anybody wrong....just don't want anybody, which includes people reading this thread 5 years from now, damaging their rifle.

Agreed! A short 308 carbine buffer in a A5 receiver extension will cause the gas key to contact the receiver during cycling. OTOH, I'm not sure if a standard length carbine buffer will work in an A5 with a 308 BCG or not, but it may.

grizzman
12-27-17, 10:50
Yes, a standard AR-15 Carbine buffer works well in an A5 receiver extension with an Aero or Gen 1 DPMS 308 bolt carrier group.

The Aero bolt carrier contacts the lower receiver behind the gas key, where he carrier transitions to a larger diameter.

Sorry we're jacking up your build thread.....

docsherm
12-27-17, 11:19
Yes, a standard AR-15 Carbine buffer works well in an A5 receiver extension with an Aero or Gen 1 DPMS 308 bolt carrier group.

The Aero bolt carrier contacts the lower receiver behind the gas key, where he carrier transitions to a larger diameter.

Sorry we're jacking up your build thread.....

No issues at all. Like I said I am always up for a good discussion on weapons.

Quick question? Are any of you using a 308 A5 RE for this or are all of you using a 5.56 A5 RE?

grizzman
12-27-17, 11:22

Quick question? Are any of you using a 308 A5 RE for this or are all of you using a 5.56 A5 RE?

I'm using a Vltor AR-15 A5 receiver extension. I looked on Vltor's site yesterday for a length of the 308 A5 receiver extension to compare it to their stated 5.56 AR receiver extension length, but it's not shown. It may be listed on one of their vendor sites.

docsherm
12-27-17, 11:24
I'm using a Vltor AR-15 A5 receiver extension. I looked on Vltor's site yesterday for a length of the 308 A5 receiver extension to compare it to their stated 5.56 AR receiver extension length, but it's not shown. It may be listed on one of their vendor sites.

I will measure both tonight and post the lengths for informational purposes.

georgeib
12-27-17, 11:52

I'm using a standard length RE (Gen 1 Magpul UBR) with a short 308 buffer from Slash (5.5oz I think).

sig1473
12-27-17, 12:30
The A5 and RE-10(A5SR) are the same length. The only difference is the number of stock positions with the A5 having 7 and the A5SR having 6.

ExplorinInTheWoods
12-27-17, 13:48
I have a question on the noveske BCG, the one on their site in the parts section is phosphate but I could've sworn on a factory built N6 that it had a black nitride BCG.

docsherm
12-27-17, 14:32
I have a question on the noveske BCG, the one on their site in the parts section is phosphate but I could've sworn on a factory built N6 that it had a black nitride BCG.

That is correct. They do not offer the nitrided 7.62 BCG separately. I am sure that is to come but not now.

grizzman
12-27-17, 15:03
I have one nitrided bolt carrier, and it's showing some wear on the rails and inside the gas cylinder after around 250 rounds fired. I presume the Noveske is chrome lined.

I think I'll personally stick with phosphated and chromed for now.

docsherm
12-27-17, 18:45
I have one nitrided bolt carrier, and it's showing some wear on the rails and inside the gas cylinder after around 250 rounds fired. I presume the Noveske is chrome lined.

I think I'll personally stick with phosphated and chromed for now.

That was my thoughts exactly. I am not 100% sold on this whole nitrate coating yet. Chrome lined has served me very well for many years and I have to see a huge difference before I switch.

RobertTheTexan
12-27-17, 19:24
I’ll measure mine when I get home, but I believe I asked Magpul about it and they told me that if I was using the 308 carbine buffer to be sure and use the spacer provided. If you used a mil spec carbine buffer then don’t use the spacer. Did you see something to the effect in the UBR Gen 2 box? I believe it’s there also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizzman
12-27-17, 19:54
The Gen 2 UBR does come with a plastic spacer. I'm using one now until I find an H2 A5 buffer in stock.

I put my other spacer into the 308's Gen 2 UBR (without spring), inserted a 308 carbine buffer, and followed that by the bolt carrier. It looks like it'll work correctly.

docsherm
12-27-17, 20:02
This is why M4C is one of the only Forums that I am on. Good conversation and discussions about weapons.

I measured the 308 A5 RE and the 5.56 A5 RE... Same size but the 308 one is a little different is design. I was told that it was purely for aesthetics.

I called my fellow SME and asked for clarification. He not so polity told me that HE said to get an Armalite AR10 Carbine Buffer and not a DPMS pattern Carbine buffer...... in my defense there was some beer involved in that first discussion.

So, being the man that I am, I want to thank all of you for pointing that out. Just because we are SMEs does not mean that we are always 100% correct. Everyone was very polite and I appreciate it.

Update: I do not have a Armalite AR10 Carbine Buffer on hand so I just put a 5.56 H3 in it until mine comes in the mail. The reason for the Armalite AR10 Carbine Buffer is because it holds up better than the 5.56 H3 long term.

Thanks

RobertTheTexan
12-27-17, 20:15
Doc, thanks for reaching out to your SME contacts and for updating us.
This is supremely valuable intel IMO because there is a bit of cloud or fog surrounding the AR-10/LR308 build. So I really appreciate conversations like this so we can all learn something and be able to better pay it forward down the road.

Hoosier15
12-27-17, 21:28
So OP, will the rifle gas make for a softer shooter? Or just for better function?

docsherm
12-27-17, 22:07
So OP, will the rifle gas make for a softer shooter? Or just for better function?

I am hoping both.

grizzman
12-27-17, 22:38
One of the benefits of the A5 system with a 308 is the availability of a range of AR15 carbine buffers in case the H3 is too heavy for the 16" rifle length gas system.

I have an 18" rifle gassed 5.56 with A5 length RE, and it's smoooth.

Timberdoodle
12-29-17, 10:22
Wow am I glad to see a thread about a Noveske 7.62 build! I decided to start building one around Labor Day and, since then, I haven’t been able to find hardly any information about them. Right now, I have everything I need except for the handguard. I decided to go with the Switchblock barrel and Noveske doesn’t have the matching handguard available for sale yet (I was told it should be available soon). Here’s the parts I went with:

Upper/lower: Noveske Gen III N6
Stock: Magpul UBR Gen 1
Buffer: Heavy Buffers CAR-10
Buffer spring: Heavy Buffers .308
Buffer retainer pin: Colt AR15A4
Buffer retainer spring: Colt AR15A4
Grip: Magpul MOE K2
Grip screw lock washer: Colt AR15A4
Trigger: Geissele High-Speed National Match
Safety selector: Battle Arms Development BAD-CASS
Magazine catch: Norcon Ambi-Catch
Magazine catch button: Battle Arms Development BAD-EMR
Magazine catch spring: Colt AR15A4
Barrel: Noveske 7.62 16" Switchblock
Bolt carrier group: Noveske 7.62
Charging handle: Noveske Super Badass 7.62
Handguard: Noveske NSR N6
Sights: Dueck Defense RTS Fiber Optic
Sling attachment: Noveske QD
Muzzle device: Surefire SOCOM
Magazine: Magpul PMAG

So far, I have the lower assembled but I haven’t done anything with the upper since I don’t have the handguard.

I believe Noveske’s receiver is made by Mega since it has an upper/lower fit tensioning screw that looks identical to the one that comes with a Maten receiver set.

As for the barrel and bolt carrier group, if you order them both at the same time from Noveske, they will headspace the BCG for you.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions about my build (it’s my first one), I’d love to hear them.

Looking forward to Docsherm’s range report!

RobertTheTexan
12-29-17, 11:46
I will be posting a range report real soon. I am hoping for Friday if the weather gets a little better.
What happened to our decent weather for today Doc?

The wx forecast showed 50’s and partly cloudy for Friday up until yesterday. Talk about blind leading the blind. Wx forecasters...

Think me and my sore ribs are going to go shoot anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

556BlackRifle
12-30-17, 12:32
Nice build! Looking forward to your range report.

TommyG
01-07-18, 10:05
Looks great. Also anxious to see how it works for you. I have been wanting to put one together so I can have it set up the way I want it. Appreciate the detailed info on the build.

ExplorinInTheWoods
01-07-18, 17:04
Hurry up and get to the range, we want to hear about how it shot haha.

docsherm
01-07-18, 18:42
Hurry up and get to the range, we want to hear about how it shot haha.

I was planning on going today but it started to rain..... That and cold...... I will wait. :)

scottryan
01-08-18, 12:01
Why didn't you buy a N6 Gen 3?

ExplorinInTheWoods
01-08-18, 20:09

I would venture to say he probably built it cheaper than buying a factory n6. I like using noveske 5.56 barrels but don't feel the need to pay the extra for a forged receiver with the Noveske cross. I would like to have a factory Noveske rifle but their barrels are expensive enough for me.

docsherm
01-09-18, 16:50

Mainly because I simply like Noveske Barrels. But also because I do not like:

Geissele Charging handles
Geissele triggers
Keymod or Mlok
Norgon Ambi magazine release
and Magpul STR stocks

So after changing all of that stuff out I would be out almost another $1K. So I built one the way I wanted one. If I could only find a picatiny rail that I like for a 308. But until then I will stick with my PRI.

I have not bought a complete rifle since 2004 when I get a Colt 69?? and pulled the barrel and replaced it with a Noveske S 16" barrel and 12" LaRue Hand guard.

noonesshowmonkey
01-14-18, 03:12

Geissele triggers
Keymod or Mlok
and Magpul STR stocks

So after changing all of that stuff out I would be out almost another $1K. So I built one the way I wanted one. If I could only find a picatiny rail that I like for a 308. But until then I will stick with my PRI.

I have not bought a complete rifle since 2004 when I get a Colt 69?? and pulled the barrel and replaced it with a Noveske S 16" barrel and 12" LaRue Hand guard.

Doc, you're like a conservative rifle preacher. But compelling.

You get ol' girl out to the range yet? I am itching to see the results. My .308 gas gun project is anxious to hear.

RobertTheTexan
01-15-18, 08:48

Geissele triggers
Keymod or Mlok
and Magpul STR stocks

FINALLY!!!!!

officerX
01-15-18, 11:31
This forum is going to be the divorce of me! LOL I've resisted building a .308 for quite a while now, not sure how much longer that's going to last.

Nice looking build. I would have some different preferences but it certainly looks like it will get the job done!

RobertTheTexan
01-17-18, 10:42
Doc, you're like a conservative rifle preacher. But compelling.

You get ol' girl out to the range yet? I am itching to see the results. My .308 gas gun project is anxious to hear.

You probably didn’t intend to this way, but when I read this it seems like your calling doc “old school”.....
Or old something. :jester: LOL

ExplorinInTheWoods
01-17-18, 12:49
I'm getting antsy waiting to hear about the range report. I really want a complete n6 to shoot 3gun heavy and I want to see what the accuracy of n6's are like

JRHorne
02-22-18, 15:10
Need an update. I bought a complete 16" N6 and I am trying to determine how best to build a 12.5" Leonidas upper since Noveske doesn't sell just the upper (and won't answer my online requests asking if they plan on doing so in the future).

ExplorinInTheWoods
06-25-18, 19:13
When is the range report coming

docsherm
10-10-19, 15:34
Well after some time shooting it this is becoming one of my favorite rifles.

https://forum.snipershide.com/attachments/20190914_181406-jpg.7152601/

docsherm
10-10-19, 15:43
This rifle has been great.

I made a few changes along the way:

UBR 2.0 added with an H1 buffer

Dead Air Sandman K

Forward Controls bolt catch and Magazine release

I also added a DBAL and a Surfire Vampire...... and a paint job.

I have found the best results woth 168 gr AMAX ammo. It also hates cheap Russian steel case ammo....... a lot.

Longest I have had it out to is 300 yards and I have gotten at least .5 MOA (when I am doing my part and not messing around).

I was supprised on how balanced it is. I have run many timed shooting drills and it handles great. Shooting an 8" gong at 100 yards is really not an issue form the standing for time.

docsherm
10-10-19, 16:00
Also wanted to add that this is a great platform for Nightvision.

https://forum.snipershide.com/attachments/20191006_145023-jpg.7159555/

RobertTheTexan
10-10-19, 16:07
This rifle has been great.

I made a few changes along the way:

UBR 2.0 added with an H1 buffer

Dead Air Sandman K

Forward Controls bolt catch and Magazine release

I also added a DBAL and a Surfire Vampire...... and a paint job.

I have found the best results woth 168 gr AMAX ammo. It also hates cheap Russian steel case ammo....... a lot.

Longest I have had it out to is 300 yards and I have gotten at least .5 MOA (when I am doing my part and not messing around).

I was supprised on how balanced it is. I have run many timed shooting drills and it handles great. Shooting an 8" gong at 100 yards is really not an issue form the standing for time.

WE, or at least I want updated pics.... oh wait I've seen it already. But I'm sure the fellas would like to see the latest changes. And thanks for posting here, you reminded me I need to write up my 308 build. Hopefully when I get off this flipping conference call I can pack up the 308 and that match ammo and hit the range...

docsherm
10-10-19, 22:18
https://forum.snipershide.com/attachments/20191010_221526-jpg.7162012/

I had to move some stuff around to get the PVS22 to fit. But it all works and it works great.

ExplorinInTheWoods
12-31-19, 09:56
Good to hear it shoots well! My colt 901 loves 168 Amax. Every 308 I have shot loves 168 Amax, I finally got a Trijicon 1-8 to run on my colt 901 for heavy division I just need a mount and to pick up a different pump shotgun. I have winchester model 97’s model 12’s and Remington 870 turkey guns. Need a mossberg 500/590 or a benelli nova and modify it for heavy division. One day I want to get the noveske n6 for heavy division

Pappabear
12-31-19, 10:50
https://forum.snipershide.com/attachments/20191010_221526-jpg.7162012/

I had to move some stuff around to get the PVS22 to fit. But it all works and it works great.

Doc, very cool thread, just jumped on. I'm not smart enough to build my own 308, but I do love me some 308 gassers. Your build looks awesome and great to hear your shooting lights out. Dont get men started on night vision. way cool.

PB

docsherm
12-31-19, 21:31
Doc, very cool thread, just jumped on. I'm not smart enough to build my own 308, but I do love me some 308 gassers. Your build looks awesome and great to hear your shooting lights out. Dont get men started on night vision. way cool.

PB

Thanks. And it is wicked fun at night.

elpotro
01-10-20, 20:43
I loved reading this thread. I remember this built and I am sure it was great to shoot. Learned a ton. Thanks for the build!

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-09-21, 23:01
Doc,

Any more updates on this gun? Is it still chugging along?

docsherm
05-10-21, 16:09
Doc,

Any more updates on this gun? Is it still chugging along?

It is still crushing it. When I try really hard I can still get a solid .5 MOA with my go to 168 grain AMAX match ammo. Only thing I have done to it is change out the optic to a Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10. I have had it out to 600 yards and hit 19 or 20 in a steel IPSIC with WOLF Steel case 147 grain ammo........ Just to see if I could.

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/001084496318/media/1699407128920588/large/1620681014/enhance

It is also my go to for night shooting (old Scope on it from about a year ago).

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/001084496318/media/1699407489860187/large/1620681325/enhance

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-16-21, 08:27
Good to hear it’s still doing good, the 1-10 vortex seems like a good option for a battle rifle. I looked at two in person and one was good until you got past 6x it seemed to get darker and the other had some fisheye.

docsherm
05-16-21, 12:50
Good to hear it’s still doing good, the 1-10 vortex seems like a good option for a battle rifle. I looked at two in person and one was good until you got past 6x it seemed to get darker and the other had some fisheye.

Past 6X I found that the eye relief gets a little less. IF I move my face about 1 inch closer to the scope if looks prefect again. Doing that, I have no issues at all on 10X.

It is the prefect scope for a 16 inch 308. It makes the set up very versatile.

ExplorinInTheWoods
05-17-21, 19:51
It really is a good optic for that platform, did you get the MOA or MRAD version?

docsherm
05-18-21, 11:01
It really is a good optic for that platform, did you get the MOA or MRAD version?

I have the MRAD version. All of my scopes are MRAD, uniformity.

Adrenaline19
05-31-21, 23:52
Dang, photos are great......makes a person salivate