PDA

View Full Version : Storing LE6920 with the bolt back and firearm safety device through the magwell??

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 10:06
I have had my Colt LE6920 for about a year now. I store it attached to a heater with the bolt all the way back. Its at room temperature. I was wondering do I have to lubricate my AR every few months to keep it ready as my too defensive option?? Its my first AR15 and not sure if I should lubricate it every 3 months or not. I'm thinking that leaving the bolt open hot air gets into the rifle. I'm use to my AK74 that doesn't need as much maintenance.

JasonB1
12-27-17, 10:11
1) what is up with attaching it to a heater?

2) why store it with the bolt locked to the rear?

3) bolt locked back or forward, port cover open or closed, the inside of the carbine will attain the ambient temperature fairly quickly.

SamuelBLong
12-27-17, 10:13
It will depend on multiple factors - heat, type of oil / grease, how much run-off, etc.

Even fully dry, with good ammo, your gun should function for a few hundred rounds minimum.... more than enough to get you through a home defense incident.

I’d say lube it once with a quality lube - slip 2000, lucas, etc and call it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 10:22
1) what is up with attaching it to a heater?

2) why store it with the bolt locked to the rear?

3) bolt locked back or forward, port cover open or closed, the inside of the carbine will attain the ambient temperature fairly quickly.

Well I don't have a safe and the heater is a secure foundation to store it. Its the only option I got as I am renting a room. I attatch 2 firearm safety devices to slow down anyone trying to commit a theft. I do have a large German Shepard dog in my room though. Bolt is locked back for the 2 firearm safety devices. Port cover open. I don't leave the place for long periods because I'm not working right now. I have a friend who store's my AK74 but he has no more room left in his safe.

Fatorangecat
12-27-17, 10:29
I feel like this thread already happened.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 10:33
It will depend on multiple factors - heat, type of oil / grease, how much run-off, etc.

Even fully dry, with good ammo, your gun should function for a few hundred rounds minimum.... more than enough to get you through a home defense incident.

I’d say lube it once with a quality lube - slip 2000, lucas, etc and call it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I just worried it might get to dry. The heat isn't oppressive and I don't have it right on the heater. I just don't have many other options. I could hide it somewhere in the house I guess but I'm living with tenants who are low income and a drug infested area. I'm sure I could hide it. Not sure if I feel comfortable with a loose rifle in the house. Its a single dwelling place that rents out rooms to 3 people.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 10:36

Are you a moderator?

Inkslinger
12-27-17, 10:47

Essentially.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?201518-Storing-LE6920-with-the-bolt-back-and-firearm-safety-device-through-the-magwell&p=2558563#post2558563

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 10:53
Essentially.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?201518-Storing-LE6920-with-the-bolt-back-and-firearm-safety-device-through-the-magwell&p=2558563#post2558563

Just a question. Am I that important a person for you to search that? I have no time to search a member's previous threads started but thats just me. I didn't remember I posted this question before. I feel it is an important question though.

Inkslinger
12-27-17, 10:55
Just a question. Am I that important a person for you to search that? I have no time to search a member's previous threads started but thats just me. I didn't remember I posted this question before. I feel it is an important question though.

Not working, living in a flophouse, chaining a rifle to a heater, police and government officials out to get you....how could anyone forgot that thread?

jackblack73
12-27-17, 11:07
It’s the exact same thread title, yet you don’t remember starting the other thread?

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 11:17
Not working, living in a flophouse, chaining a rifle to a heater, police and government officials out to get you....how could anyone forgot that thread?

Well do you live here fella??? Let me tell you something fella. The mayor of Allentown goes on trial January 18th. He has 54 counts on him by the FBI. I was right how corrupt a city in which I live. I have people watching the police here because I contacted several lawyers. I consider myself a hero for standing up to criminals. Not anti cop either. Its a criminal city. You don't live here. LOL, you got it wrong. They think I'm out to get them. PTSD & Paranoia runs rampant here. I also never served in Iraq or Afghanistan. They are so very paranoid! I got nothing to be paranoid about. I got my body armor, mags loaded. But yes we have ''Mental Illness'' in the police ranks of Allentown and in this country. People need to break the silence of PTSD because its ruining trust with our police officers. I get giggly thinking officials are out to get me. I'd go after them so fast bud!! And I've told them that. Caught them on my device's fella. Set up up like 300 times! Penbsylvania is corrupt in cities lije Philadelohia, Oittsburgh, Allentown and Reading. The NRA has problems with these 4 cities in PA. Its so bad where I live that when gun shots go off nobody calls the police. Enjoy your fantasy land. A reality check for you is needed. I'm sitting back and waiting for the trial puffing my chest out because I told everybody I was right! I'm a hero where I live. I also tell people the importance of owning firearms where I live. You dislike people that stand up to criminals. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 11:52
It’s the exact same thread title, yet you don’t remember starting the other thread?

Maybe I had to vindicate myself but it was awhile ago. OK thanks for reminding me. I won't repost threads again. Why search what a member previously posts though.

thebarracuda
12-27-17, 12:06
Why search what a member previously posts though.

It usually only happens when something seems off...

Five_Point_Five_Six
12-27-17, 12:14
Well do you live here fella??? Let me tell you something fella. The mayor of Allentown goes on trial January 18th. He has 54 counts on him by the FBI. I was right how corrupt a city in which I live. I have people watching the police here because I contacted several lawyers. I consider myself a hero for standing up to criminals. Not anti cop either. Its a criminal city. You don't live here. LOL, you got it wrong. They think I'm out to get them. PTSD & Paranoia runs rampant here. I also never served in Iraq or Afghanistan. They are so very paranoid! I got nothing to be paranoid about. I got my body armor, mags loaded. But yes we have ''Mental Illness'' in the police ranks of Allentown and in this country. People need to break the silence of PTSD because its ruining trust with our police officers. I get giggly thinking officials are out to get me. I'd go after them so fast bud!! And I've told them that. Caught them on my device's fella. Set up up like 300 times! Penbsylvania is corrupt in cities lije Philadelohia, Oittsburgh, Allentown and Reading. The NRA has problems with these 4 cities in PA. Its so bad where I live that when gun shots go off nobody calls the police. Enjoy your fantasy land. A reality check for you is needed. I'm sitting back and waiting for the trial puffing my chest out because I told everybody I was right! I'm a hero where I live. I also tell people the importance of owning firearms where I live. You dislike people that stand up to criminals. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

I think you have bigger problems than not having adequate storage for a rifle.

Inkslinger
12-27-17, 12:16

Hero huh? If you call yourself a hero, you’re probably not one.

AndyLate
12-27-17, 12:17
HTF is it that everyone remembers your lame ass post from November and you don't. Next I suppose you are going to warn us that some of the members are getting paid to post and you and your team are going to report the site to some mysterious entity.

Make sure you use a good chain to secure your Olympic Arms AR to the heater in your Mom's basement so nobody steals it while you are out being a mall security hero.....

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 12:25
I think you have bigger problems than not having adequate storage for a rifle.

What Radicalization? If you lived where I live they would look to do one thing to you. That is take your guns away from you. Would you submit to that? Would it name you mad??

Inkslinger
12-27-17, 12:27
What Radicalization? If you lived where I live they would look to do one thing to you. That is take your guns away from you. Would you submit to that? Would it name you mad??

You’re in Allentown, not LA or NYC. If they take your guns, it’s because you’re mentally unstable.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 12:28
HTF is it that everyone remembers your lame ass post from November and you don't. Next I suppose you are going to warn us that some of the members are getting paid to post and you and your team are going to report the site to some mysterious entity.

Make sure you use a good chain to secure your Olympic Arms AR to the heater in your Mom's basement so nobody steals it while you are out being a mall security hero.....

Its because of ''Weak Knee'd'' gun owners like you that make's the liberals think how pathetically weak minded you are pal. You would be the first one to turn in your guns

Apexodus
12-27-17, 12:32
Sounds like you have a lot going on Wolf, and your question about preventing rust was answered. Hope things work out for you.

From an unbiased viewpoint, your posts do seem a little off tho, so don't get upset at people when they question it. Sounds like you need to GTF out of that environment and maybe talk to a professional. Just my 2 cents brother.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 12:32
You’re in Allentown, not LA or NYC. If they take your guns, it’s because you’re mentally unstable.

Law Enforcement here is where the mental illness is. You are correct because they are as paranoid as you could ever dream up. Its really a tragedy and let's not forget their suicide rates!

AndyLate
12-27-17, 12:38
Its because of ''Weak Knee'd'' gun owners like you that make's the liberals think how pathetically weak minded you are pal. You would be the first one to turn in your guns

Your first sentence is beyond comprehension.

Attack me with proper English or don't bother.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 12:40
Sounds like you have a lot going on Wolf, and your question about preventing rust was answered. Hope things work out for you.

From an unbiased viewpoint, your posts do seem a little off tho, so don't get upset at people when they question it. Sounds like you need to GTF out of that environment and maybe talk to a professional. Just my 2 cents brother.

Well you the first one who got it right. I live in a city that is a sick liberal controlled city in which they attack conceal carry citizens and gun owners in general. I'm a rather mellow guy but this city is as twisted As I say. Everyone living here knows it. Yeah a new city definitely!

grizzman
12-27-17, 12:41
The answer can be found in your other thread. Some lube of pretty much any variety intended for firearms, applied semi-annually, should do the trick.

Have you been able to get to a range to confirm that your 6920 will work if you ever have to use it?

Pilot1
12-27-17, 12:45
I am in PA also, about an hour southwest of you, so I know the Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton area. Try to relax a little bit, nobody is trying to take your rifle, nor incarcerate you. Try to focus on getting a job, and getting your own place eventually. Almost all cities are liberal, and corrupt. Maybe get a place in a more rural setting. There are many not far from Allentown.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 12:45
The answer can be found in your other thread....some lube of pretty much any variety intended for firearms, applied semi-annually should do the trick.

Have you been able to get to a range to confirm that your 6920 will work if you ever have to use it?

Well no. The city in which I live got rid of all of there target ranges nearby so I'm gonna have to travel 2 cities over. Im Very anxious to try it out with the sights and red dot soon though.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 12:51
I am in PA also, about an hour southwest of you, so I know the Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton area. Try to relax a little bit, nobody is trying to take your rifle, nor incarcerate you. Try to focus on getting a job, and getting your own place eventually. Almost all cities are liberal, and corrupt. Maybe get a place in a more rural setting. There are many not far from Allentown.

Your right but I never knew there were corrupt cities until I was 41 (48 now) and moved to Allentown. Employment is the key but I'm a chronic pain sufferer so I'm limited as to what work I can do. I am a calm guy. The sick getting into the business is unreal though. For 41 years I lived in the suburbs. No liberal agenda there so it shocked me when I moved to Allentown.

Inkslinger
12-27-17, 12:58
Well no. The city in which I live got rid of all of there target ranges nearby so I'm gonna have to travel 2 cities over. Im Very anxious to try it out with the sights and red dot soon though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=shooting+range+allentown+pa&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

12oreo
12-27-17, 13:01
Suprised this thread is still going. Iraqgunz should have been here by now.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-27-17, 13:05
https://www.google.com/search?q=shooting+range+allentown+pa&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Thanks! That was helpful. I don't know my current area very well. I didn't grow up here.

Five_Point_Five_Six
12-27-17, 13:06

I think you should take a hard look at your life and your surroundings and ask yourself what choices you made that led you to this place. Look real close, it's probably not someone else's fault.

Fatorangecat
12-27-17, 13:08
Please don't shut this down. It's better than Judge Judy.

JSantoro
12-27-17, 13:11
I hope you got the info you wanted, cuz that’s MORE than enough Jade Helm BS...