Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

LockenLoad
12-27-17, 19:48
Is that an SP1?

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkI don't know just saw it for sale

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Arik
12-27-17, 19:53
Looks like an SP1. If so $1500 and up. Not sure on exact price but I see beat ones for around $1200

LockenLoad
12-27-17, 19:55
Looks like an SP1. If so $1500 and up. Not sure on exact price but I see beat ones for around $1200

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkThank you add says only 20 rounds through it for what that is worth they are asking 1350 so I thought it might be a good deal

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Arik
12-27-17, 19:58
Doesn't sound bad. Don't know enough about them to say yeay or ney. The ones I saw for $1200 were a few months ago and all came from Kentucky department of corrections or Department of public safety.... something like that. They were all from the 70s and looked to have been handled a lot. Can't speak for function but probably fine

LockenLoad
12-27-17, 20:01
it looks good in the other pictures I just don't know enough myself I am sure if it is a great deal it will get snapped up before I get off work anyway thank you

LockenLoad
12-27-17, 20:04
yes it is an SP1 can see it in another picture49455

Iraqgunz
12-27-17, 22:22
A. Pre-ban basically means nothing except for a few weird states. And some of them have since tightened restrictions even further on the transfer and possession so it's really subjective. That said, it's an SP1 and they have a value to them. I usually look at the current market. A few years ago they were commanding 1000-1200.00 depending on condition, etc..

Hdog83
01-02-18, 11:41
A. Pre-ban basically means nothing except for a few weird states. And some of them have since tightened restrictions even further on the transfer and possession so it's really subjective. That said, it's an SP1 and they have a value to them. I usually look at the current market. A few years ago they were commanding 1000-1200.00 depending on condition, etc..

Headline: probably not exceptionally valuable, other than from a collector viewpoint. "Weird state" value is not great.

If legitimately possessed somewhere as a rifle on or before 9/13/94, they are still transferable via an 01 FFL to a private citizen in MA, despite the recent nonsense from the AG. Not up to speed on the latest in NY or CT, although I seem to remember that some or all Colt AR15 pattern rifles (ironically) might have been banned by name in CT. Maybe the SP1 and "Sporter" and "Sporter Target" designations avoid this problem?

That said, this one is probably less desirable as a pre-ban "base" for a modern build in "weird" states where that matters - no detent channel for a front pivot pin detent, proprietary Colt large size front pivot pin (requires screw-together adapter pin or major surgery), apparently large size trigger and hammer pins. Probably has an annoying sear block as well. Quick search just found this helpful blurb from Geissele: https://geissele.com/colt-rifle-users-guide/.

Side note: sometimes people from free America like to / have to travel to weird states, so the demand for "pre-ban" is not always 100% within the weird state borders....

LockenLoad
01-02-18, 16:19
thank you everyone for taking the time to educate me much appreciated