PDA

View Full Version : "The Big Picture of Permanent Weight Loss" Free

WillBrink
12-28-17, 08:00
My report, "The Big Picture of Permanent Weight Loss: A Practical Report," is FREE for the next 5 days. I figured holiday season was a good time for such a guide. This guide is not for people who are lean looking to get leaner, but those who are looking for direction on permanent solutions to the yo yo dieting they, and millions of others, experience. This guide will put them on the right path with simple but effective strategies.

Cliffs: Getting the weight off is not the hard part, keeping the weight of is the hard part

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Picture-Permanent-Weight-Loss-ebook/dp/B00C114S1S/ref=la_B0076LCMKC_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1514468738&sr=1-6

chuckman
12-28-17, 08:38
Thanks, Will! Gonna download it tonight!

WillBrink
12-28-17, 09:19
Thanks, Will! Gonna download it tonight!

It's a lot of common sense stuff that (1) few actually follow and (2) if the combined "common sense" intel in that report is combined and followed, permanent weight loss will be the result. Like shooting and training, some will ignore what's simple (never the same as easy...) approaches in favor of overly complex approaches, giving them a built in excuse when they fail...

"I have tried everything and nothing worked" simply = I have stuck with nothing long enough nor consistently over time for it to have the impact I need.

That excuse, which of course I have heard for decades now, falls on deaf ears for me. That report is for the person tired of using that excuse and ready to simply get chit done and be left without any excuses should they fail. That's a very hard pill to swallow. To repeat, simple has not a damn thing to do with easy....

chuckman
12-28-17, 13:06
To repeat, simple has not a damn thing to do with easy....

My wife says, "if it was easy everyone would do it..."

strambo
12-28-17, 15:41
I agree. Losing weight is very straight forward and not the hard part. Keeping it off has to do with what is going on between the ears not on the plate. I used to swing from a low of 9% BF and around 179lbs to a high of 16% and a little under 200. Every time I got up there (slowly over the course of a year or more), I'd just drop it back down. No drama or emotion and I have done that 3x using 3 different dietary approaches.

This time around I'd like to narrow the range and not let it get that far before correcting. I'm not willing to be so disciplined as to be under 10% BF all the time, but 9-12% should be doable while still enjoying some of the things I like.

WillBrink
12-28-17, 17:21
I agree. Losing weight is very straight forward and not the hard part. Keeping it off has to do with what is going on between the ears not on the plate. I used to swing from a low of 9% BF and around 179lbs to a high of 16% and a little under 200. Every time I got up there (slowly over the course of a year or more), I'd just drop it back down. No drama or emotion and I have done that 3x using 3 different dietary approaches.

This time around I'd like to narrow the range and not let it get that far before correcting. I'm not willing to be so disciplined as to be under 10% BF all the time, but 9-12% should be doable while still enjoying some of the things I like.

Than that report should be of value to you. Good luck

12-29-17, 09:25
Keeping it off has to do with what is going on between the ears not on the plate.

Bingo. If someone keeps yo-yoing or simply can't keep themselves at a reasonable, healthy weight, then it is time to examine the mental as to why they have the habits they have. Priorities need to be examined. Have kids? Wife? Want to live longer for them? Can you defend yourself/others if physically attacked? Would you be physically competent to race around, heart at 180, adrenaline getting pushed hard, and be able to get family out of burning house/car? Can you get outdoors for strenuous/semi-strenuous(injuries, aging taken into consideration) activity with family/friends to enjoy what the world has to offer? Etc., etc.

Being overweight is a CHOICE. Just b/c your peer group may tend towards overweight doesn't mean it is ok for you. The fattening of America has led to many believing overweight is "normal." If your friends were all jumping off a deadly cliff....

WillBrink
12-29-17, 09:41
Bingo. If someone keeps yo-yoing or simply can't keep themselves at a reasonable, healthy weight, then it is time to examine the mental as to why they have the habits they have. Priorities need to be examined. Have kids? Wife? Want to live longer for them? Can you defend yourself/others if physically attacked? Would you be physically competent to race around, heart at 180, adrenaline getting pushed hard, and be able to get family out of burning house/car? Can you get outdoors for strenuous/semi-strenuous(injuries, aging taken into consideration) activity with family/friends to enjoy what the world has to offer? Etc., etc.

Being overweight is a CHOICE. Just b/c your peer group may tend towards overweight doesn't mean it is ok for you. The fattening of America has led to many believing overweight is "normal." If your friends were all jumping off a deadly cliff....

The report specifically addresses that aspect, which is all but ignored in other diet/weight loss oriented programs

12-29-17, 11:50
The report specifically addresses that aspect, which is all but ignored in other diet/weight loss oriented programs

The mental side of weight loss is more than likely deliberately not taken into account. Burrowing down into your conscious/subconcious about what really motivates yourself can be unsettling for many if priorities not straight. People, generally, do NOT want to see themselves for who they really are. If the person is up to it, the next phase is doing something about; i.e.- changing lifestyle/way of thinking. In most cases people are unable to do so.

A large percentage of people are lazy and motivated by pure selfishness. No sense of the greater good at all. Greater good in this case being what is best for their family and friends. Being overweight isn't it.

Majority of people have piss poor impulse control, self-control, and deep down mentality.

An overweight person is simply showing physically the mental defects that reside inside. Doesn't mean they can't change, but I look at it the same as a serious drug addiction. Slim chance they can.

WillBrink
12-29-17, 13:01
The mental side of weight loss is more than likely deliberately not taken into account. Burrowing down into your conscious/subconcious about what really motivates yourself can be unsettling for many if priorities not straight. People, generally, do NOT want to see themselves for who they really are. If the person is up to it, the next phase is doing something about; i.e.- changing lifestyle/way of thinking. In most cases people are unable to do so.

A large percentage of people are lazy and motivated by pure selfishness. No sense of the greater good at all. Greater good in this case being what is best for their family and friends. Being overweight isn't it.

Majority of people have piss poor impulse control, self-control, and deep down mentality.

An overweight person is simply showing physically the mental defects that reside inside. Doesn't mean they can't change, but I look at it the same as a serious drug addiction. Slim chance they can.

Either deliberate in that every failure to keep the weight off is another diet program sold, and or, they just have no clue of its importance. Psych is not something they are taught, many professionals don't like it as it's messy and scary, and self proclaimed experts are just that.

12-29-17, 13:37
Either deliberate in that every failure to keep the weight off is another diet program sold, and or, they just have no clue of its importance. Psych is not something they are taught, many professionals don't like it as it's messy and scary, and self proclaimed experts are just that.

Psychology was/is quite interesting to me. Didn't declare it as a minor, but took around 30hrs. of Psych. I wanted to know what made me tick, how to work with it, deal with it, and be malleable.

One of the first things my Abnormal Psych prof. said was, roughly, "Don't be alarmed when you see some of the traits we discuss within yourself." Traits one thing, full-blown another. He also delved into how to deal with/change behavior.

Foremost, the only psychology I consider myself an expert in is my own. "Messy" and "scary" may be too mild of words for discussing burrowing down into a person's psyche. I also firmly believe, as Freud said, roughly, "You don't analyze family or friends."

WillBrink
12-29-17, 13:52
Psychology was/is quite interesting to me. Didn't declare it as a minor, but took around 30hrs. of Psych. I wanted to know what made me tick, how to work with it, deal with it, and be malleable.

One of the first things my Abnormal Psych prof. said was, roughly, "Don't be alarmed when you see some of the traits we discuss within yourself." Traits one thing, full-blown another. He also delved into how to deal with/change behavior.

Foremost, the only psychology I consider myself an expert in is my own. "Messy" and "scary" may be too mild of words for discussing burrowing down into a person's psyche. I also firmly believe, as Freud said, roughly, "You don't analyze family or friends."

I enjoy psych and took took enough courses for undergrad major probably. I didn't major in it as there's no $ in it unless you're at PhD level, and that was not for me. But, it's always been an interest to me. And I stand by why so many will ignore it or actively avoid it in non technical terms of course. Most interesting course I took was probably personality psych. I tend to post/write about more psych related stuff than any of the fitness guru types I'm aware of. In particular, psych as it relates to chronic pain and such. For example, back pain:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/got-back-pain/

TexasGunNut
12-29-17, 14:19
The mental side of weight loss is more than likely deliberately not taken into account. Burrowing down into your conscious/subconcious about what really motivates yourself can be unsettling for many if priorities not straight.

The success rate (>4 years) for kicking opioid addiction is higher than the (>4years) success rate for weight loss.

If you don’t rewrite your software the hardware will NEVER work long term. I have defeated both and it took fixing my mental side to kick the addictions before I succeed in maintaining long term weight loss.

I did not want to face my demons. I did not enjoy a single minute of the process. Unsettling does not begin to describe what I had to endure. I did not want to admit that I was responsible for all of my actions and choices. But I did and it worked.

EVERY single aspect of my life is better because I fixed the mental/character issues that held me back and left me trapped in a mind and body that did not function.

I was a 375 addict and alcoholic. I’m 10 years clean and 180 lbs lighter because I decided to fix my software to support the hardware.

WillBrink
12-29-17, 14:34
The success rate (>4 years) for kicking opioid addiction is higher than the (>4years) success rate for weight loss.

If you don’t rewrite your software the hardware will NEVER work long term. I have defeated both and it took fixing my mental side to kick the addictions before I succeed in maintaining long term weight loss.

I did not want to face my demons. I did not enjoy a single minute of the process. Unsettling does not begin to describe what I had to endure. I did not want to admit that I was responsible for all of my actions and choices. But I did and it worked.

EVERY single aspect of my life is better because I fixed the mental/character issues that held me back and left me trapped in a mind and body that did not function.

I was a 375 addict and alcoholic. I’m 10 years clean and 180 lbs lighter because I decided to fix my software to support the hardware.

That's the breakthrough everyone has to experience to really make progress. I had every excuse in the world why I couldn't finish my degree as a young man. One day I got tired of my own (mostly BS, and a legit) excuses and decided come hell or high water, I'd get it done and at 36, finished the stupid thing with enough credits for two masters degrees due to all the bouncing around and avoidance of doing stuff I didn't wanna do. Night school and working, taking 21 credits of courses like bio chem, etc, sucked nads frankly, but I got er done. That was between a bout of Hodkins disease (a legit reason I had to drop out for a while) and other fun stuff, but once you decide you're gonna complete something or die trying, and if you fail, it's your failure and no one else to blame (the most scary realization I ever faced), does that rock we push up hill called life start to move.

So, congrats on your achievements sir.

WillBrink
01-01-18, 08:26
Last day for this and two new reviews:

5 out of 5 stars: Common sense advice from an expert
ByH. Daniel Joneson December 30, 2017

"Concise overview of the science based truth about LONG TERM optimal weight maintenance. A diet may help you drop pounds short term but the principles outlined by Will are the key to permanent and sustained weight maintenance."

5.0 out of 5 stars: Truthfull, practical, common sense advice
By James F Buntemeyer Jron December 31, 2017

"As always Will Brink tells it like it is, no gimmicks, no sugar coating. Just real world application for long term weight loss."