PDA

View Full Version : Couldn’t help it...

graffex
12-28-17, 13:28
When drinking your urine seems like the better choice....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171228/6c701638190ad322c68d1c2a628ac3f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefly
12-28-17, 13:49
Kel Tec: "We just dont care anymore"

sundance435
12-28-17, 14:01
http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/creativeContent/images/cms/Hieu%20Trong%20DiGiorno.jpg

Must be from the same marketing family.

Honu
12-28-17, 14:24
cause piss go good with gin and juice in da hood

now go get me some skittles boy

LMT Shooter
12-28-17, 14:41
The guy should have pissed into his Camelbak and then drank it, that would have kept the urine off his face.

Doc Safari
12-28-17, 14:41
If it comes in nickel plated with ivory grips I might get.......nah.

"KEL-TEC: We Do Hi-Points RIGHT".

Firefly
12-28-17, 14:51
Since we are discussing it ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXXSzKu-lgA

SteyrAUG
12-28-17, 16:11
So if you enjoy drinking piss, you might enjoy owning this rifle.

Is that really the message they intended to convey? SMH.

BoringGuy45
12-28-17, 17:46
Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste!

-Patches O'Houlihan

Safetyhit
12-28-17, 20:20
So if you enjoy drinking piss, you might enjoy owning this rifle.

Is that really the message they intended to convey? SMH.

Like the maker and design weren’t enough for shock value. Still the “Ghetto Blaster” is being marketed by a reputable group now so sad to say guess that’s where things are going.

Bulletdog
12-28-17, 21:02
I wonder if they had meetings to decide which ad campaign to go with this time around. That would have been some great arguing! I would have loved to listen to that conversation. "What the hell does drinking piss have to do with our new rifle?" "Its hardcore man! Just like our new plastic bull pup!"

Or did one guy just make an executive decision and no one under him wanted to to challenge him? "Drinking your own piss… Ummmm… Yeah! That's a great idea Bob… You are a true advertising genius. I hope I'm as smart as you someday..."

Hoosier15
12-28-17, 21:12
California approved??

Kain
12-28-17, 21:19
You know, the ad isn't what scares me. I mean, sure it is a shitty ad, but it's Kel tec, are you really surprised? I'm not. Then again not much surprises me these days. What scares though, is that someone, somewhere, is looking at that ad going, "How do we one up that?" And they are thinking, thinking damn hard. And that scares me.

Firefly
12-28-17, 21:31
You know, the ad isn't what scares me. I mean, sure it is a shitty ad, but it's Kel tec, are you really surprised? I'm not. Then again not much surprises me these days. What scares though, is that someone, somewhere, is looking at that ad going, "How do we one up that?" And they are thinking, thinking damn hard. And that scares me.

This.

Remember the old HK ads? Like if you were a punk kid who didnt know anything you'd think just by having an HK gun you'd be fording a swamp, rappelling down a cliff, or going on a daring SWAT raid. With like zero context. Not like "Well this is good for home defense" but like "YOU! YES YOU! Buy this gun and you will go on daring adventures!!"

Now we have ads directed towards the "hold muh beer" crowd.

Like if I were a creative consultant to KAC, I'd have a bunch of Steve Dallas looking yuppies wearing aviators, smoking reds and traipsing along with chicks in bikinis as a Porsche is in the background with slung SR-25s with a simple byline:

"Because you are just better than everyone else"

No operator dudes. Just total Chad appeal.

Safetyhit
12-28-17, 21:58
I wonder if they had meetings to decide which ad campaign to go with this time around. That would have been some great arguing! I would have loved to listen to that conversation. "What the hell does drinking piss have to do with our new rifle?" "Its hardcore man! Just like our new plastic bull pup!"

Or did one guy just make an executive decision and no one under him wanted to to challenge him? "Drinking your own piss… Ummmm… Yeah! That's a great idea Bob… You are a true advertising genius. I hope I'm as smart as you someday..."

The so called Bob is that edgy guy that just may have the “right” idea. Or maybe there were actually two of them considering today’s climate.

WillBrink
12-28-17, 21:59
Not gonna lie, I don't get it.

ramairthree
12-28-17, 22:55
I get the basic ads with some SOF guy appealing to whoever.
When people are growing up, and are interested in the military, of course they aspire to being the Green Beret, SEAL, Force Recon, PJ, Ranger Bn guy. There is a certain draw. Or for other products, the fighter pilot, etc. I doubt they dream of growing up to be the tanker pilot or Civil Affairs guy that has both a RIP and SFAS failure under his belt.

I get the old explorer type National Geographic Rolex ads. Or the healthy hunter out on the mountain getting his ram, or in the snow sectioning his elk. Nobody wants to grow up to be some boring, unsuccessful fat ass that does nothing cool or interesting.

I get the laser, light, pistol ads with the fit, well dressed guy protecting himself, his family or home. Nobody set out to be the night shift at the Quickie Mart guy living in a single wide with a second hand XD in a nylon holster.

And I totally get hot attractive women ads.

I have no F ing idea what the appeal of this ad is.

I think they were going for the super hardcore outdoorsy survival guy thing. From a company, that based on my two examples of carbines from them, puts out interesting products with a 50% return rate for issues, ending a little effort to ensure reliability, with durability issues that would prevent them from being a hardcore, hard use weapon even if the first two things mentioned were not an issue.

Firefly
12-29-17, 00:04
Actually the ad works because we are here on M4C, a hive of gun snobbery (in a good way...mostly...), talking about Kel Tecs.

I wouldnt own one but I must confess, I shot a pal's SUB 2000 and found it somewhat amusing.

I doubt I would ever drink my own urine though. Or dip.

And I dont like John Wayne that much.

So most of American Rifleman's ads dont appeal to me.

and whaaaaat is the deeeaaal with those "commemorative" 1911s? Does anyone buy those?

I have yet to meet any aging Vietnam War vet who would pay big money for a garish gun. Most want a parked .45 with wood stocks that rattles a bit when you shake it.

And snubbie Model 10s.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-29-17, 01:42
There is Kool-Aid level, and then there is piss drinking.

5.56 Bonded SP
12-29-17, 04:22
LMFAO

JoshNC
12-29-17, 07:36
Like if I were a creative consultant to KAC, I'd have a bunch of Steve Dallas looking yuppies wearing aviators, smoking reds and traipsing along with chicks in bikinis as a Porsche is in the background with slung SR-25s with a simple byline:

"Because you are just better than everyone else"

No operator dudes. Just total Chad appeal.

Hahahahaha, that is awesome.

sundance435
12-29-17, 08:37
Actually the ad works because we are here on M4C, a hive of gun snobbery (in a good way...mostly...), talking about Kel Tecs.

Or dip.

And I dont like John Wayne that much.

and whaaaaat is the deeeaaal with those "commemorative" 1911s? Does anyone buy those?

I have yet to meet any aging Vietnam War vet who would pay big money for a garish gun.

First, yep. Second, your loss, more for me. Third, not sure why you had to go there. Finally, if they're advertising them, someone is buying. Just like all of those Franklin Mint "limited run", "gold" coins that have like 3 grams of actual gold clad onto zinc. You'd be surprised what you find in your grandma's house after she's gone, like an entire "collection" of commemorative Elvis plates that probably cost several grand.

Rayrevolver
12-29-17, 09:03

I wouldnt own one but I must confess, I shot a pal's SUB 2000 and found it somewhat amusing.

Very true, never really considered Keltec. Before I knew it I was looking at the RDB-S and then realized there was an RDB (without the S and urine). The regular RDB is a bullpup with gas adjustable piston, sounds like a nice modern rifle. And then maybe add a suppressor to the RDB-S and it makes a nice kids rifle?

As for the ad, it made me laugh because it reminded me a guy at IDPA. We had just lost power the previous week during a storm and he said as the lights went dark he started drinking his pee because survival situation.

EDIT: But yeah, I never!

chuckman
12-29-17, 10:14
Ahhh....the George Costanza of guns....

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-18, 04:14
Forget the ad, check out that abortion of a gun.

They took the "sporting" parts off those formerly imported Russian "sporting guns" that everyone and their aunt Tilly converts to evil features and made a ****ing bullpup with them. That "Monte-Carlo" pistol grip and FSB came from a heap of VEPRs somewhere.

Paging Thomas Tusser . . .

Bubba FAL
01-02-18, 18:36
First of all, let me go on record that I like bullpups. I own a Tavor SAR, an X95 and a 22/90, so I'm not anti-pup.
I do have a serious question though: how in the bloody hell does one fire that thing? Hold at the hip and bump?

polydeuces
01-02-18, 18:57
Dude REALLY looks like he got frozen piss on his face.
Hope no one ate asparagus.
Advertising on par with idiocracy.
This add proves it.
If you own a keltek you should drink yer own piss which makes ye stupid.