PDA

View Full Version : CZ PO1, Glock 19, or Walther PPQ as a new CCW??

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 17:13
Currently I'm carrying a Glock 22 which is fine in the winter but less so for spring and summer. I've thought about a CZP01, Walther PPQ, Glock 19, S&w M&P 2.0C. I have not shot any pistol other than a Glock. I want a 9 millimeter because I can shoot more of it for cost savings. I know the Glock 19 is an All Star but I wanna buy a handgun that I don't have to throw hundreds of dollars into to make better. Any thoughts on your favorite CC gun?? I'm not sure That I could feel comfortable with a Shield or Glock 43. 13 rounds minimum in a gun is what I believe in.

BuzzinSATX
12-28-17, 18:16
How is your G22 set up? You are carrying a Glock already...what changes would you need to make to a stock G19? Sights are most common universal upgrade, and they cost under $100 for night sights.

All your choices are solid guns, but the reality is a G19 isn't all that much smaller than a G17/22. PPQ is in-between the two, size wise. M&P 2.0C is same size as the G19. CZP01 is a great gun but the CZ P10C is striker fire and again, basically G19 size.

And if you want a Glock 19, what about a Glock 23? You could consolidate on .40 S&W ammo. And you may be able to find a LEO trade in for a good price...

Lots of options...

As for my favorite CC handgun, I am almost always carrying either a Shield or a Glock 26 when I'm carrying a firearm around people. Woods and boonies where critters like hogs, feral dogs, and lions are a possibility changes things to a G23/G21.

DirectTo
12-28-17, 19:03
I'm far away from the "always G19 guy", in fact I traded away all my Glocks and centered on CZs, but being that you have a 22 and are familiar with the platform, there's really no reason not to go with a 19 of some generation. Swap sights to some you're quick and accurate with, buy a few more mags, and a bunch of ammo. You can even probably reuse your holsters.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 19:04
How is your G22 set up? You are carrying a Glock already...what changes would you need to make to a stock G19? Sights are most common universal upgrade, and they cost under $100 for night sights.

All your choices are solid guns, but the reality is a G19 isn't all that much smaller than a G17/22. PPQ is in-between the two, size wise. M&P 2.0C is same size as the G19. CZP01 is a great gun but the CZ P10C is striker fire and again, basically G19 size.

And if you want a Glock 19, what about a Glock 23? You could consolidate on .40 S&W ammo. And you may be able to find a LEO trade in for a good price...

Lots of options...

As for my favorite CC handgun, I am almost always carrying either a Shield or a Glock 26 when I'm carrying a firearm around people. Woods and boonies where critters like hogs, feral dogs, and lions are a possibility changes things to a G23/G21.

Well its a bone stock gen 2 Glock 22. Only mid is rubber talon grips. Stock sights I'm a bit if a perfectionist on how the gun feels in my hand because I have ulnar neuropathy in my strong hand. That means my pinky finger and the finger next to it are weaker. Its not too bad but it dies affect my grip on the gun. I thought of getting stippling done to it but I would have to see an example of a stippled Glock. But its funny you mention the Glock 26 because my pinky would be off the gun. It might be positive for me. I held a Glock 26 once. I said wow this is small but I never shot one. I think for me 9 millimeter might be the better caliber but I'm keeping my Glock 22.

nimdabew
12-28-17, 19:34
Hold a P-01, love a P-01. I am trying to find one right now so I can add it back to the stable. FYI, I was deep in CZs for a while and in some temporary mental instability I sold them all for M&P's. But, I am rebuying my compact at least and using my M&P's still. It is really the only CZ I want anymore.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 19:59
Hold a P-01, love a P-01. I am trying to find one right now so I can add it back to the stable. FYI, I was deep in CZs for a while and in some temporary mental instability I sold them all for M&P's. But, I am rebuying my compact at least and using my M&P's still. It is really the only CZ I want anymore.

Yeah I just got to find one to see how it fits in my screwed up hand. One thing with the CZ P01 is that it can't get the cahun gun works trigger upgrade?? I'm asking the question that something us changed on the new one's. I read it somewhere. If so I'm not digging that first trigger pull. One of the reasons I like the CZP01 is that it is a metal gun and the Glock 19 is plastic and can be limp wristed. I wouldn't feel good about giving a woman a 9 millimeter Glock thinking their not gonna get limp wrists with it. My thinking is when you pull the trigger if a gun it should go bang and not limp wrist. Due to the metal frame if the CZ it will be resistant to limp trusting. I know if you hold a 9 millimeter Glock correctly it won't happen. Because of the light weight it is susceptible to limp wristing. Although to be honest I have never fired a 9 millimeter Glock. I'm just interested in that CZ P01 but if I go to the range and rent a Glock 19 and have 0 problems I might buy a Glock 19. For now NY Glock 22 is OK but the trigger is not so good in my opinion. The thing I learned is too never sell a gun. You wind up losing money.

Amos
12-28-17, 20:01
All the guns you listed are great choices. It all comes down to what you like and feel confident with. I carry a Glock 17 . I personally like it better then the 19. I can't get a full purchase in the 19. The holster is just as important. I tried everything out there. I found with the full size guns galco master pancake works the best for me. For sub and compact I like Raven. Good luck

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 20:17
All the guns you listed are great choices. It all comes down to what you like and feel confident with. I carry a Glock 17 . I personally like it better then the 19. I can't get a full purchase in the 19. The holster is just as important. I tried everything out there. I found with the full size guns galco master pancake works the best for me. For sub and compact I like Raven. Good luck
I think the biggest problem I have with the gun is the grip even though I added rubber talon grips. I don't feel it made a big difference.

Kenneth
12-28-17, 21:41
The P01 can be upgraded with a full CGW kit.

I carry one and shoot a Shadow in competition. I also shoot a UG P09 suppressed.

My P01 is a full CGW competition kit, sights, 85C trigger, and thin grips. Carries well and shoots better.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171229/bc5826ffcf60af7a5751ea8fd0cc15b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safetyhit
12-28-17, 22:10

I carry one and shoot a Shadow in competition. I also shoot a UG P09 suppressed.

My P01 is a full CGW competition kit, sights, 85C trigger, and thin grips. Carries well and shoots better.

While I’m 99.9% headed PPQ on my next buy that’s a very nice set up.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-28-17, 22:20

I must have read it wrong. Someone said a new P01 couldn't be upgraded with what you got. Something that they all have the Omega trigger or something. Anyway I like having a metal carry gun. I got nothing against polymer but hesitant on 9 millimeter Glock after seeing malfunctions easily being induced.

Helix12
12-29-17, 06:56
I have PPQs, Glock 19s and recently added a M&P 2.0 compact. On the hip I can tell no difference in any of them. You couldn't either. Shooting them I like the PPQ and 2.0 compact better than the Glock.

I can't imagine being without at least one Glock 19 since I've owned them for so many years. But, I will never buy another one. In the last several years there have been a number of 15-round polymer framed strikers introduced that I like at least as well, or better, than my G19s.

Any of the polymer strikers you mention in the body of you post are excellent guns. The PPQ definitely has the best ergonomics and trigger. And I'm shooting the whiz out of the 2.0 compact since I got it. If it proves as perfectly reliable after another thousand rounds it will probably replace my G19s for cold weather carry. I do carry my 4" PPQ but haven't put night sights on it so it is a day-only carry option.

From a pure fun to shoot standpoint, I enjoy shooting my 5" PPQ Q5 Match more than any polymer framed striker fired handgun that I've ever owned or shot. The PPQ is simply a superb handgun in any its variations.

I've never owned a CZ, but that photo posted by Kenneth sure looks good. A relative of mine sings the praises of that same gun and when I next look at a metal gun it will be the first one I want to handle and shoot.

OP, no one can pick a gun for another shooter any more than we can pick a pair of shoes for that person. We're all different. Good luck with your choice and may you shoot it in good health.

Arik
12-29-17, 07:02
CZ is going to have the heaviest trigger pull. First shot is double action..... around 10#. It's also the costliest to upgrade.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hmac
12-29-17, 08:20
I’ve had G19, PPQ, and VP9. Of the three, I found the PPQ and VP9 pretty much equivalent, and both vastly superior to the Glock 19 in almost every way. Having said that, if I carry a gun, it is virtually always a Walther PPS.

m4brian
12-29-17, 10:04
If I went SF with the choices above I'd go PPQ with one caveat - I'm leery of the huge SS and premature slide lock, but it MAY be a non-issue. Paddles are superior and can be trained to in minutes.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75205-production-legal-defensive-carry-package-75-series/

If you have some mechanical inclination, the P01 is upgrade-able, and the initial DA can come down CONSIDERABLY. I have a stock CZ Compact (same trigger), and threw in a 17LB hammer spring and the DA is at LEAST as light feeling as my G19. All I needed to do was polish the trigger bar and sear cage engagement. It is SLICK. Better than most good revolvers. And, BTW, the DA is short - because the P01/PCR decock to half cock. Also, if you don't have to carry a light, the PCR is a bit lighter. The CGW kit above will also correct the SA pull. Plenty of folks have spent more on their Glock upgrades. You will LIKELY have to upgrade the sights too though, but many here do that on any gun OTB anyhow.

MegademiC
12-29-17, 10:50
Wait, does your glock 22 have a ny trigger?

Arik
12-29-17, 10:56
Wait, does your glock 22 have a ny trigger?I was thinking the same thing

Sam
12-29-17, 10:59
CZ is going to have the heaviest trigger pull. First shot is double action..... around 10#. It's also the costliest to upgrade.

An $8 (eight) reduced power hammer spring from Cajun will make that DA trigger around 8 lb real quick. Been there, done it to three CZs.

Had a PPQ, very accurate and awesome trigger. Too awesome of a trigger, I never had a chance to measure the pull, but it was scary light. So I'm sticking with my CZ P07 ghetto blaster.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-29-17, 12:31
An $8 (eight) reduced power hammer spring from Cajun will make that DA trigger around 8 lb real quick. Been there, done it to three CZs.

Had a PPQ, very accurate and awesome trigger. Too awesome of a trigger, I never had a chance to measure the pull, but it was scary light. So I'm sticking with my CZ P07 ghetto blaster.

I don't understand why more people don't carry the PPQ. I've never held or fired one but the gun from what I read has better ergonomics and the best trigger of any polymer gun out there. One thing I noticed with the PPQ is recoil because of the higher bore axis compared to a Glock. Even in 9 millimeter you can see a difference in recoil on YouTube video's comparing the two. One of the things I dislike most on my gen 2 Glock 22 is the grip even with the rubber talon grips.

Arik
12-29-17, 12:45
I don't understand why more people don't carry the PPQ. I've never held or fired one but the gun from what I read has better ergonomics and the best trigger of any polymer gun out there. One thing I noticed with the PPQ is recoil because of the higher bore axis compared to a Glock. Even in 9 millimeter you can see a difference in recoil on YouTube video's comparing the two. One of the things I dislike most on my gen 2 Glock 22 is the grip even with the rubber talon grips.

Ergonomics and trigger feel are subjective.

m4brian
12-29-17, 15:14
Ergonomics and trigger feel are subjective.

I would disagree. There are certainly subjective aspects to ergonomics, and there are preferences in the trigger game, there is nothing subjective to knowing a PPQ is better when you handle and shoot it. Yes, the bore axis is a tad higher (not higher than a hammer CZ though), but it is easy to get back on target. Its not just the grip angle, but the shape/contour/thickness of the grip. All 'better' than the Glock for more people. There is a reason the HK P30 went this way. Also, the paddles are quicker and easier to use - nothing subjective about that.

The trigger is VERY clean, crisp, and light. The PPQ led the way in the SF game and is the standard by which all the follow on guns (that attempted good triggers) are measured. When the PPQ came on the scene, the Glock was what it was, the MP had a crappy trigger, and the VP 9, CZ, SIG, etc. etc. didn't exist.

Is the G19 good enough? - sure. But as an SF trigger goes, short reset, light, and totally crisp - these are not just subjective.

BTW - I own a G19, but not a PPQ.

noonesshowmonkey
12-29-17, 15:26
Glock 19s weigh loaded what the CZ P01 weighs empty.

Glock 19s have holsters abundantly available, mags, spare parts, etc.

PPQs have awesome stock triggers.

CZ P01 is a clean DA/SA platform, and the CZs get downright sexy with CGW parts.

You honestly can't miss, but the easy button here is the Glock 19. Glock 19 with Trijicon HDs, a (-) connector, extra power trigger return spring, some polish, loaded to the gills with 124 or 147 gr +p HSTs or Gold Dots. Put that in a Raven Concealment Systems eidolon, and that's what I carry erry day. Can't beat it for how slim it is.

Arik
12-29-17, 15:28
I would disagree. There are certainly subjective aspects to ergonomics, and there are preferences in the trigger game, there is nothing subjective to knowing a PPQ is better when you handle and shoot it. Yes, the bore axis is a tad higher (not higher than a hammer CZ though), but it is easy to get back on target. Its not just the grip angle, but the shape/contour/thickness of the grip. All 'better' than the Glock for more people. There is a reason the HK P30 went this way. Also, the paddles are quicker and easier to use - nothing subjective about that.

The trigger is VERY clean, crisp, and light. The PPQ led the way in the SF game and is the standard by which all the follow on guns (that attempted good triggers) are measured. When the PPQ came on the scene, the Glock was what it was, the MP had a crappy trigger, and the VP 9, CZ, SIG, etc. etc. didn't exist.

Is the G19 good enough? - sure. But as an SF trigger goes, short reset, light, and totally crisp - these are not just subjective.

The trigger may be all that but when I handled one I didn't notice a difference between that and my old 19. Not to say identical but the barely slight difference that was there didn't make me feel one was better than the other.

Grip? I LOVE Glocks grips. I can point them with my eyes closed. I don't know its better, only different. You can say a 1911 grip is better than Glock's in fact many people do, but to me they're to thin and too flat. The arched MSH isn't arched enough and I always feel like I need the Hogue wrap around rubber grips.

Of course they're not identical and differences exist but not that much for me to care

Sam
12-29-17, 15:58
Here are a few "carry" size handguns with a revolver thrown in for comparison. All weighted on an electronic scale, semi autos were weighted without magazine (all guns were empty). From lightest to heaviest:

Smith & Wesson 642 .38 spl revolver, 2" barrel: 17 ounce
Walther PPQ: 21.5 ounce
Glock 19: 21.6 ounce
CZ P07: 23.8 ounce
CZ PCR (similar to the P01 but has shorter
dust cover, i.e. no light rail): 25.0 ounce
Sig 225: 26.0 ounce
Colt Lightweight Commander: 26.0 ounce
Browning Hi Power: 29.6 ounce

SteveS
12-29-17, 16:27
It all boils down to how many people do you plan on shooting on any given day?

scooter22
12-29-17, 18:22

I like the ergos and trigger, but it is certainly more snappy than a Glock.

ritepath
12-29-17, 18:56
3 things...

First don't buy into the to be a true operator you have to upgrade everything mentality.

Next don't be scared of a 5,6,7 or 8 round firearm.

Third of the ones one your list I picked the P-01, but it'll never see the carry time my Shield, 742, or LCP do.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-29-17, 19:22
3 things...

First don't buy into the to be a true operator you have to upgrade everything mentality.

Next don't be scared of a 5,6,7 or 8 round firearm.

Third of the ones one your list I picked the P-01, but it'll never see the carry time my Shield, 742, or LCP do.

On the 5,6,7,8 round handgun. Be mindful that I walk in an urban city. I have no transportation. And from my 7 years in my current city its usually more than one bad guy. Also there are alot of illegal weapons in the city. But at 48 years of age and with a physical disability I'm not playing around with thugs who may go on a drug fueled rage looking to steal my wallet. I'm not a small guy either. I'm just so use to carrying a gun that without one I feel vulnerable. Still I do want a bit smaller handgun for summer. I haven't ruled out a shield because so many like it.

Arik
12-29-17, 19:37
I've been to Allentown, im in Allentown at least once a month often more. I live an hour south. I've been to North Philly and Huntington Park and Strawberry mansion and Kensington and West Philly back when those were the worst of the worst. I used to do car repossessions there and in Trenton NJ. It sucks but it's not what you make it sound like. There's no massive gang gun battles.

w3453l
12-29-17, 19:47
I've been to Allentown, im in Allentown at least once a month often more. I live an hour south. I've been to North Philly and Huntington Park and Strawberry mansion and Kensington and West Philly back when those were the worst of the worst. I used to do car repossessions there and in Trenton NJ. It sucks but it's not what you make it sound like. There's no massive gang gun battles.

Out of curiosity, Huntington Park in Los Angeles?

Arik
12-29-17, 19:54
Out of curiosity, Huntington Park in Los Angeles?Philadelphia. Also know as Hunting Park

Wolf.545 x .39
12-29-17, 19:56

Yeah I agree but the fact is I walk everywhere on foot and on occasions trouble can rear its ugly head. Its nowhere near as bad as north philly. I guess because I lived in the suburbs for 41 years and now 7 in Allentown I trust no one. I have got to go to the range to make sure my Glock 22 is in good working order. I haven't fired it in years.

Kenneth
12-29-17, 20:05
I will say I really enjoy my P01 but my shield gets carried more. I can carry my shield in a pair of basketball shorts and a t shirt fairly easy.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-29-17, 20:23
I will say I really enjoy my P01 but my shield gets carried more. I can carry my shield in a pair of basketball shorts and a t shirt fairly easy.

I see a lot of guys shooting lights out with the P01. Tim from the Military Arms Channel on youtube now carries the P01 instead of his previous Sphinx.

specopsscout
12-30-17, 00:56
After carrying Glocks of one flavor or another for better then a decade, I've been carrying a Walther PPQ M2 Navy, wearing a Viridian X5L, in a Blackpoint Tactical IWB for the last year.
At just over 1200 rounds, it's been an outstanding pistol; boringly reliable, accurate and controllable. I just wish I had moved to it sooner.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-30-17, 01:43
After carrying Glocks of one flavor or another for better then a decade, I've been carrying a Walther PPQ M2 Navy, wearing a Viridian X5L, in a Blackpoint Tactical IWB for the last year.
At just over 1200 rounds, it's been an outstanding pistol; boringly reliable, accurate and controllable. I just wish I had moved to it sooner.

Nice set up on your PPQ. I like a laser in light combo also. Only thing about the PPQ is mags are expensive and its underestimated. If it has a much better trigger than a Glock In probably someday gonna own one.

specopsscout
12-30-17, 02:57
Nice set up on your PPQ. I like a laser in light combo also. Only thing about the PPQ is mags are expensive and its underestimated. If it has a much better trigger than a Glock In probably someday gonna own one.
Thanks. If you shop around, you can find deals o the magazines. I have eight. Two came with the pistol, and I picked up the other six off a sale for under thirty each.

CDNN has them on sale for thirty, right now. https://www.cdnnsports.com/ppq-m2-9mm-15rd-anti-friction.html#.WkdUEVWnGM8

I've read, but have no personal experience, that they also run off the Magnum Research Mountain Eagle magazines, which can be found cheaper, albeit without the anti-friction coating of the PPQ mags.

flenna
12-30-17, 05:32
I see a lot of guys shooting lights out with the P01. Tim from the Military Arms Channel on youtube now carries the P01 instead of his previous Sphinx.

:blink::blink:

Pilot1
12-30-17, 09:34
I have been carrying a CZ-75D PCR for over 17 years. It is essentially a P-01 without the light rail. (there are a few other very subtle differences). I see no need for a light rail on a carry gun, so never bought a P-01, but it is a great pistol, and will serve you well in ANY role.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-30-17, 10:31
I have been carrying a CZ-75D PCR for over 17 years. It is essentially a P-01 without the light rail. (there are a few other very subtle differences). I see no need for a light rail on a carry gun, so never bought a P-01, but it is a great pistol, and will serve you well in ANY role.

Despite what most say if you have a clear shot at a bad guy that laser you can't miss with. Follow up shots are tougher and more shooter skill. Some may disagree but I found it to be an aid on my Glock. I took it off because the laser made it impossible to carry in a holster.

bad aim
12-30-17, 12:11
I carry a PPQ M1 as my CCW in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. Extremely reliable and the only thing I've done to it was upgrade the sights to Trijicon HDs. A buddy of mine shot it and was impressed with it...and he predominately shoots a tricked-out Roland Special G19. Ergonomics is huge, I guarantee you'll be impressed how easily and intuitive the gun naturally points.

For mags, the Magnum Research MAGFA915 fits the M1 perfectly. In fact, it is identical to the factory Walther mag, as both are made by MecGar. Can be found for $30.

hopetonbrown
12-30-17, 14:15
Funny, I sold my PPQ and kept the G19.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-30-17, 14:22
I carry a PPQ M1 as my CCW in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. Extremely reliable and the only thing I've done to it was upgrade the sights to Trijicon HDs. A buddy of mine shot it and was impressed with it...and he predominately shoots a tricked-out Roland Special G19. Ergonomics is huge, I guarantee you'll be impressed how easily and intuitive the gun naturally points.

For mags, the Magnum Research MAGFA915 fits the M1 perfectly. In fact, it is identical to the factory Walther mag, as both are made by MecGar. Can be found for $30.

A lot of guys don't carry the m2 because of the difference in the mag release I believe. It can accidently be hit. I read it from many and alot liked the m1 due to that. I've never seen a PPQ yet but I'm gonna make sure I handle one before going with my first 9 millimeter pistol. I was set on the FN57 because if it being so light but just too big a gun IMO for concealed carry in spring and summer. Plus $1,200 is way overpriced. Thats why I'm set on a 9 millimeter. I kept the FN57 out of this topic thread though. One other thing. The PPQ is regarded as having the best trigger for a polymer gun. If someone has a Glock including me with the availability of Glock upgrades its hard to imagine not getting a trigger as good as a PPQ. Is it reliable to mod a stock Glock trigger! Everyone has different views on that.

Helix12
12-30-17, 16:04
A lot of guys don't carry the m2 because of the difference in the mag release I believe. It can accidently be hit. I read it from many and alot liked the m1 due to that. I've never seen a PPQ yet but I'm gonna make sure I handle one before going with my first 9 millimeter pistol. I was set on the FN57 because if it being so light but just too big a gun IMO for concealed carry in spring and summer. Plus $1,200 is way overpriced. Thats why I'm set on a 9 millimeter. I kept the FN57 out of this topic thread though.

When the M2 (button release) PPQ was first introduced some people complained that the button tension was too light and the magazine could be accidentally dropped. Apparently that was quickly corrected according to what I read. I have two M2 PPQs and there is not a problem with the mag release in either. In fact, I think the placement and shape of the PPQ button release is better than most button release handguns. It can't be accidentally "hit" any more than other similar magazine button releases.

According to what I have read, the M2 button release PPQ is outselling the M1 paddle release by a margin of 10 to 1. In the United States. Personally, I slightly prefer the M1 paddle release. But the PPQ in FDE and the Q5 Match are only available in M2 version so that's what I bought.

I don't think you have any worries about a button release PPQ at this time.

I own a number of handguns in different action types by different manufacturers and am not in the slightest bit brand loyal. I do like the PPQ and the VP9 a lot. If you get a chance to handle, and better yet to shoot a PPQ, you will almost certainly like it. It and the H&K VP9 have excellent ergonomics and triggers and are two handguns I feel comfortable in recommending to friends.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-30-17, 16:17
When the M2 (button release) PPQ was first introduced some people complained that the button tension was too light and the magazine could be accidentally dropped. Apparently that was quickly corrected according to what I read. I have two M2 PPQs and there is not a problem with the mag release in either. In fact, I think the placement and shape of the PPQ button release is better than most button release handguns. It can't be accidentally "hit" any more than other similar magazine button releases.

According to what I have read, the M2 button release PPQ is outselling the M1 paddle release by a margin of 10 to 1. In the United States. Personally, I slightly prefer the M1 paddle release. But the PPQ in FDE and the Q5 Match are only available in M2 version so that's what I bought.

I don't think you have any worries about a button release PPQ at this time.

I own a number of handguns in different action types by different manufacturers and am not in the slightest bit brand loyal. I do like the PPQ and the VP9 a lot. If you get a chance to handle, and better yet to shoot a PPQ, you will almost certainly like it. It and the H&K VP9 have excellent ergonomics and triggers and are two handguns I feel comfortable in recommending to friends.

I just researched it. The slide release I meant. I think that is why some didn't like the m2's. I like the PPQ. I like light firearms and it was one of the reasons I was thinking about saving up for an FN57 but I'd rather buy a PPQ and have money left over to buy another rifle.

An Undocumented Worker
12-30-17, 17:27
If you never carry with a light, go with the PCR

hopetonbrown
12-30-17, 17:38
It doesn't matter, most modern guns are about equal in reliability and accuracy. What matters most is the person behind the gun. Invest the time and energy you spend arguing about which gun and caliber on training, competition and practice instead.

w3453l
12-30-17, 23:26
Philadelphia. Also know as Hunting Park

Ah ok, thought maybe it was in reference to the one here in the west. Also a s#!+ hole, but it's worth going for the tacos before it gets dark.

specopsscout
12-31-17, 04:01
A lot of guys don't carry the m2 because of the difference in the mag release I believe. It can accidently be hit. I read it from many and alot liked the m1 due to that.

I'm left handed, but carry my PPQ with the magazine release on the left side of the pistol. Even with it facing outboard in the holster for the last year carried everyday, in a variety of dress, I've yet to have a magazine inadvertently release. I can't say that for some of the other pistols I've carried, Glocks included.

I think it's a seriously overblown complaint, brought on more by those who simply aren't good with change, or see the lever as a more European(and thus more refined) design, then an actual shortcoming of the pistol. Many of the same folks that lament the magazine release also post intelligent things like, "I'd never carry the pistol, because the trigger is too light, and the reset too short. I like the added security of a long heavy trigger..."

MegademiC
12-31-17, 07:49
I just researched it. The slide release I meant. I think that is why some didn't like the m2's. I like the PPQ. I like light firearms and it was one of the reasons I was thinking about saving up for an FN57 but I'd rather buy a PPQ and have money left over to buy another rifle.

You should put the money towards ammo instead.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 07:57
You should put the money towards ammo instead.

Well I just went ahead and ordered some AR500 3 plus body armor. So another pistol for me is a year or 2 down the road.

Arik
12-31-17, 09:10
If there's so much you don't like about the G22 then trade it in for something else. Trade it towards a used gun and you'll have less of a difference to pay off. I see Walthers, CZs and other Glocks in the $400 +/- range depending on condition and accessories

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 10:09
Well I just went ahead and ordered some AR500 3 plus body armor. So another pistol for me is a year or 2 down the road.

Glad us taxpayers could help an unemployed individual collecting disability for a weak pinky, to purchase body armor they’ll never need.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 10:15
If there's so much you don't like about the G22 then trade it in for something else. Trade it towards a used gun and you'll have less of a differ pence to pay off. I see Walthers, CZs and other Glocks in the $400 +/- range depending on condition and accessories

I think what prevents me from doing that is knowing that my Glock 22 has little wear and I always regretted selling my first gun a Ruger Redhawk in 44 magnum. I'm sure there is a better gun out there for me then my Glock 22. Its a gamble trading a gun. Were you meaning trading a gun among someone from a local range and friends?? I'm not sure I trust on line used guns. But the two things I dislike about my Glock 22 us the grip and the trigger even with rubber talon grips. For the winter I like a gun that sticks to my hand better.

Arik
12-31-17, 10:30
I think what prevents me from doing that is knowing that my Glock 22 has little wear and I always regretted selling my first gun a Ruger Redhawk in 44 magnum. I'm sure there is a better gun out there for me then my Glock 22. Its a gamble trading a gun. Were you meaning trading a gun among someone from a local range and friends?? I'm not sure I trust on line used guns. But the two things I dislike about my Glock 22 us the grip and the trigger even with rubber talon grips. For the winter I like a gun that sticks to my hand better.

Who cares about a little wear? Finish wear is in no way directly related to internal wear from use.

Why do you regret the Ruger. Was it doing anything for you? If you don't like the G22 how can you regret selling it? I don't understand the feeling of not selling a gun. It's an object, if it doesn't work to your needs or expectations what's the point of keeping it,.

I mean to trade in a gun store. They have X, you have Y..... trade and pay the difference if any. I don't see where the gamble is. 99% of people buy guns, shoot a little and then trade in because they need money or they found the next great thing. Hell majority of my guns are ex police service where they're supposedly used more and I've yet to change any broken parts or have a gun fail due to the use before me.

Dude, don't over think it. Shop around....stop at stores weekly and when find what you want and a price that suits you do the trade.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 10:39
Glad us taxpayers could help an unemployed individual collecting disability for a weak pinky, to purchase body armor they’ll never need.

No sweety pie. Im a chronic pain patient. Former stage 3 Lyme's disease from 1990. In 2011 I have a hard time just getting out of bed some days. I go to pain management, exercise and am doing better. I Paid more taxes than you ever did. I paid more taxes then you probably. But your right about one thing. There are alot of people on disability long-term and scamming the system. I buy these things because the city in which I live is awful. Its an area where you guys would not feel very safe. I like to take advantage of what liberty is suppose to be like. Anyway your post makes me think you live in Allentown. I'm a well known figure in Allentown. I stand up to criminals no matter who they might be. Pinky? Not smart. I live in a city that privacy rapes people. A lot of '"SMUT'' and it made me the biggest gun enthusiast ever! I'm addicted!! And I'm gonna return to work also.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 10:55
Who cares about a little wear? Finish wear is in no way directly related to internal wear from use.

Why do you regret the Ruger. Was it doing anything for you? If you don't like the G22 how can you regret selling it? I don't understand the feeling of not selling a gun. It's an object, if it doesn't work to your needs or expectations what's the point of keeping it,.

I mean to trade in a gun store. They have X, you have Y..... trade and pay the difference if any. I don't see where the gamble is. 99% of people buy guns, shoot a little and then trade in because they need money or they found the next great thing. Hell majority of my guns are ex police service where they're supposedly used more and I've yet to change any broken parts or have a gun fail due to the use before me.

Dude, don't over think it. Shop around....stop at stores weekly and when find what you want and a price that suits you do the trade.

I understand what you mean. I remember 7 years ago I took the Glock 22 to a gun store that buys used guns. Thats different than what you mean. They were only gonna give me $200 for a gun that was worth alot more. Now swapping or exchanging guns is something I would do. I'm gonna have to go to the range next week and see how I do with my Glock. Its been awhile. In spring and Summer the Glock 22 is hard to conceal for me. On my hip is OK but I'd rather carry appendix style. I do over think alot because I live in an urban city. I regret selling my 5.5 inch Redhawk because it was a bad ass gun. I later thought maybe not good for follow shots and self defense. If a gun store had a Wakther PPQ and I have a 27 year old Glock I'm gonna wind up paying up to get the Walther. My Glock has the crappy original plastic sights. But like I said I've not yet seen or held a PPQ. I do obsess with getting the best gun for me.

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 10:59
No sweety pie. Im a chronic pain patient. Former stage 3 Lyme's disease from 1990. In 2011 I had a hard time just getting out of bed. I go to pain management, exercise and am doing better. I Paid more taxes than you ever did. Alot of taxes buddy boy. But your right about one thing. There are a lot of people on disability long-term and its a scam. I buy these things because the city in which I live is awful. I like to take advantage of what liberty is suppose to be like. Anyway your post makes me think you live in Allentown. I'm a well known figure in Allentown. I stand up to criminals no matter who they might be. Pinky? Not smart. I live in a city that privacy rapes people. A lot of '"SMUT'' and it made me the biggest gun enthusiast ever! I'm addicted!! And I'm gonna return to work also.

Deleted. I think I know all I need to know about you.

Arik
12-31-17, 11:00
I understand what you mean. 7 years ago I took the Glock 22 to a gun store that buys used guns. They were only gonna give me $200 for a gun that was worth a lot more. Now swapping guns is something I would do. I'm gonna gave to go to the range next week and see how I do with my Glock. Its been awhile. In spring and Summer the Glock 22 is hard to conceal for me. On my hip is OK but I'd rather carry appendix style.It's not worth a lot more. Just because you paid X doesn't mean it's now worth that. A used G22 in my area....I'm about an hour SE of you.....is $299 - $325. That's the gun store sticker price. What do you think the previous owner got if the store is selling it for $300? The one store I know for a fact adds $75 - $100 more for sale. Meaning that to sell at $300 they bought it from the last owner for $200 - $225

Hmac
12-31-17, 12:28

The PPQ Classic and PPQ M2 have the same slide release. The only substantive difference between the guns is the magazine release. Some people have reported trouble with inadvertently hitting the slide release. I've read of guys that still liked the gun so much that they cut down that slide release. I can't relate, but there are different hand sizes and some people grip their pistols differently apparently.

The only substantive difference between the the PPQ Classic and the PPQ M2 is the magazine release. I've never understood the raging debate over paddle vs button...either one works fine and both have their merits. Walther kept the PPQ Classic in the US lineup due to the intense whining that came up when they announced that the M2 was going to replace it, but the button release (in the American market) is reportedly outselling the paddle release 10 to 1.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 13:52
Deleted. I think I know all I need to know about you.

Come bring yourself my friend to an Allentown library. Then search guns and then have 3 Drooling perverts drooling all over what you web surf. Your detached from reality. Never lived in a liberal controlled police state ay?? Me either until age 42. You probably think its against the law to break privacy laws. Learn about corruption and look up the mayor of Allentown. You will see the FBI has 54 counts against him starting on January 17th. End Pawlowski the mayor. And your gonna tell me that my city isn't as corrupt as I say? The mayor here wants to ban all guns in public buildings and parks. Your mind of guy??

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 13:58
Come bring yourself my friend to an Allentown library. Then search guns and then have 3 Drooling perverts drooling all over what you web surf. Your detached from reality. Never lived in a liberal controlled police state ay?? Me either until age 42. You probably think its against the law to break privacy laws. Learn about corruption and look up the mayor of Allentown. You will see the FBI has 54 counts against him starting on January 17th. End Pawlowski the mayor. And your gonna tell me that my city isn't as corrupt as I say? The mayor here wants to ban all guns in public buildings and parks. Your mind of guy??

Well then you have nothing to worry about. The mayor can’t preempt state law. Now you can retire to the fortress of solitude and talk about all the guns that you’re going to buy and not shoot.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 13:59
It's not worth a lot more. Just because you paid X doesn't mean it's now worth that. A used G22 in my area....I'm about an hour SE of you.....is $299 - $325. That's the gun store sticker price. What do you think the previous owner got if the store is selling it for $300? The one store I know for a fact adds $75 - $100 more for sale. Meaning that to sell at $300 they bought it from the last owner for $200 - $225

$299-$325 is a big difference then $175 and $200. Anyway its a good thing I didn't sell it because I only own one pistol. Rifle's are a different story. I needed a gun for the city I now live in. Also I have to walk everywhere to get to places. No close calls in 6 years though.

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 14:02
$299-$325 is a big difference then $175 and $200. Anyway its a good thing I didn't sell it because I only own one pistol. Rifle's are a different story. I needed a gun for the city I now live in. Also I have to walk everywhere to get to places. No close calls in 6 years though.

Imagine if you wouldn’t have wasted the money you don’t have on armor you don’t need....

Arik
12-31-17, 14:04

Considering that you need to make a profit, pay bills, pay employees and that you may not sell that gun for months it's really not a big difference. How much would you like them to up charge? $10?

Also, the key word in public library is "PUBLIC". You'll have people see what youre doing and looking at. There's no liberal conspiracy there. Another thing. Libraries do block certain websites.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 14:04
Well then you have nothing to worry about. The mayor can’t preempt state law. Now you can retire to the fortress of solitude and talk about all the guns that you’re going to buy and not shoot.

Yeah and I hate em. Also they screw with concealed carry citizens. It Is known by the NRA. Pittsburgh, Allentown, Philadelphia and Reading are a trouble spot for that liberal control garbage. I got a grudge living here so I must move out of where I currently live.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 14:07
Imagine if you wouldn’t have wasted the money you don’t have on armor you don’t need....

I'm cancelling that order. I gotta find a new place to live. Its just a city infested with drugs and felons. I'll buy the armor next year or 2 years from now.

Striker6
12-31-17, 14:08
Return the waste of money plates and invest that money into a quality concealment holster for the 22, new sites, and ammo to train with. With your limits there’s no need to invest in plates or new guns. Work to master what you have.

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 14:08
Yeah and I hate em. Also they screw with concealed carry citizens. It Is known by the NRA. Pittsburgh, Allentown, Philadelphia and Reading are a trouble spot for that liberal control garbage. I got a grudge living here so I must move out of where I currently live.

How exactly are they “screwing” with CCW holders? Is this your delusions acting up again?

Arik
12-31-17, 14:10

I'm in Philly every day. I carry every day. No conspiracies here. No control that you're speaking of. I've been pulled over, I've told cops I have a gun, I've open carried. The worst thing that ever happened was one cop asked me to keep my hands visible. The rest didn't even register. You have a gun? Aren't you special! Now give me your driver's license and insurance card!

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 14:12
I'm in Philly every day. I carry every day. No conspiracies here. No control that you're speaking of. I've been pulled over, I've told cops I have a gun, I've open carried. The worst thing that ever happened was one cop asked me to keep my hands visible. The rest didn't even register. You have a gun? Aren't you special! Now give me your driver's license and insurance card!

You’re obviously not listening to the voices in his head.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 14:12
Considering that you need to make a profit, pay bills, pay employees and that you may not sell that gun for months it's really not a big difference. How much would you like them to up charge? $10?

Also, the key word in public library is "PUBLIC". You'll have people see what youre doing and looking at. There's no liberal conspiracy there. Another thing. Libraries do block certain websites.

I think what they didn't like is that I came into the library with my Glock 22. On the way out I didn't know for sure but they have this thing that looks like a metal detector. I thought no how could that be because its legal. Anyway I think it is a metal detector. Those cops aren't safer than me so I didn't care. I must tell you most people have drug charges or felonies where I live though.

Arik
12-31-17, 14:13
You’re obviously not listening to the voices in his head.No, appears that I'm not! LMAO [emoji23]

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 14:14
I think what they didn't like is that I came into the library with my Glock 22. On the way out I didn't know for sure but they have this thing that looks like a metal detector. I thought no how could that be because its legal. Anyway I think it is a metal detector. Those cops aren't safer than me so I didn't care. I must tell you most people have drug charges or felonies where I live though.

Put some of your tinfoil around your gun. You’ll be fine.

Arik
12-31-17, 14:18

Yea that's different. Libraries are a tricky thing. Many are not quite government owned and not quite private either. I would be careful carrying in one. At the least....in your case... I'd conceal carry in one. Walking into a library armed may be the same as walking into a post office armed. Like I said they not not government

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 14:20
http://publiclibrariesonline.org/2015/07/can-i-bring-my-gun-to-the-library/

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 14:24
Yea that's different. Libraries are a tricky thing. Many are not quite government owned and not quite private either. I would be careful carrying in one. At the least....in your case... I'd conceal carry in one. Walking into a library armed may be the same as walking into a post office armed. Like I said they not not government

I never thought it was a big deal. The police department was one block down. Some of them really hated me and I hated then back. And now everybody knows who I am. But I'm the kind of guy you don't get into the business of. I don't get into other people's business. But ''my GOD'" some one has a full sized pistol alert in the library!! I have a lot of restraint. Still the mayor wants guns out of this city. I'll never go back there again.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 14:28
No, appears that I'm not! LMAO [emoji23]

Come on down. Don't be delusional. Allentown library and concealed carry citizens = Everlasting Paranoia or PTSD!

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 14:29
Come on down. Don't be delusional. Allentown library and concealed carry citizens = Everlasting Paranoia or PTSD!

You sir are nuttier than a squirrel turd.

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 14:31
Put some of your tinfoil around your gun. You’ll be fine.

Its like New Jersey in this city. They ''Target'' gun owners and I targeted them! I have 0 regard for people who hate the Constitution!

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 14:33
You sir are nuttier than a squirrel turd.

I'm just glad I'm not you. Oh your probably as stupid as the mayor. 54 or 56 counts the FBI has on him!

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 14:35
Its like New Jersey in this city. They ''Target'' gun owners and I targeted them! I have 0 regard for people who hate the Constitution!

I’ve asked for examples which you meet with more delusional nonsense. You can carry gun in the library legally. If the Allentown police are out to get you, it’s because you’re a mentally unstable individual making an unnecessary fuss about firearms.

Inkslinger
12-31-17, 14:36
I'm just glad I'm not you. Oh your probably as stupid and the mayor. 54 or 56 counts the FBI has on him!

None off that effects you or the firearms you don’t shoot. You also might want to learn proper grammar and spelling before you try to attack someone’s intelligence.

Arik
12-31-17, 14:43
I never thought it was a big deal. The police department was one block down. Some of them really hated me and I hated then back. And now everybody knows who I am. But I'm the kind of guy you don't get into the business of. I don't get into other people's business. But ''my GOD'" some one has a full sized pistol alert in the library!! I have a lot of restraint. Still the mayor wants guns out of this city. I'll never go back there again.I never thought carrying in a post office was a big deal but it is. Just saying....if it's not privately owned be careful. It may not be like walking into McDonald's

Wolf.545 x .39
12-31-17, 14:44
I’ve asked for examples which you meet with more delusional nonsense. You can carry gun in the library legally. If the Allentown police are out to get you, it’s because you’re a mentally unstable individual making an unnecessary fuss about firearms.

No its because they got into the business of the wrong guy. I'm not a city guy. I'm suburban. Let me tell you guys something I'm not against all of them but there's certain one's I can see why this country is headed down a path of conflict. I'm not gonna say all have PTSD but it exists and is a big problem. Your wrong about who they think is unstable. I've talked to people, Doctors, Animal control, I ask them why don't you have a conceal carry permit?? They told me ''the police'"! Thats a fact in Allentown and its why I've developed a grudge. This city has had 4 police chiefs in 7 years and bow a mayor headed to trial. What did I do??

SeriousStudent
12-31-17, 14:48
Enough.