PDA

View Full Version : to many thing's to buy, not enough time?

Grip
10-13-08, 23:07
all of this "ban" talk has made me spend more $ than allowed at this time, to finish my one and only AR build. i know it would be a good idea to have a bunch of part's, maybe some lower's, a bunch of magazine's, and alot of ammo, incase of a future ban.

i cant afford all of the above, its just not realistic for me. :(

but i do think i can afford a few hundred dollar's worth of ammo, and a bunch of magazine's. (my dad allready has about 1k round's of 5.56, and maybe 5-6 30rnd magazine's, in metal ammo box's)

i would like to pickup 1 extra lower, but im not sure if it will happen.

i know, i know...we dont know of there will be a ban, and when it would possibly take effect.

but id rather buy these thing's and have them to keep locked up, just incase.

is anyone else feeling the pressure to buy these thing's asap , but your lacking on the fund's?

how are you affording life, pleasure, and this hobby at the same time, while stocking up on pre-ban item's?

Bushytale
10-14-08, 00:29
If you are thinking hobby, don't even worry about it, you can pick another hobby later if a ban is passed! :(

AwaySooner
10-14-08, 01:09
Just relax, don't waste your money if you can't afford it, better of stock food. Obama's got a economy shitstorm coming, and he wouldn't stop until he "stimulus" the US economy into the ground.

Juicymeat
10-14-08, 06:04
I think even if Obama won there wouldn't be any immediate panic. I mean with all the problems with the economy, I'm sure the next President will be pretty busy. Worst case scenario with Obama winning, I think we'd still have some time before an AWB is brought up, and then some more time to stock up if it is indeed a threat.

Business_Casual
10-14-08, 08:17
This is a tight race - how about donating time and money to Republican campaigns to make sure conservatives win races locally and nationally so you don't have to worry about Obama being President?

Don't believe the defeatists - this race can still be won and even if not, then many House and Senate races can be won.

M_P

TRD
10-14-08, 08:51
This is a tight race - how about donating time and money to Republican campaigns to make sure conservatives win races locally and nationally so you don't have to worry about Obama being President?

Don't believe the defeatists - this race can still be won and even if not, then many House and Senate races can be won.

M_P

Exactly! The Dems will only be able to pass a new AWB if they get a big enough majority in Congress. If Obama gets elected and then Dems get a big majority, then our country will be in for a hard left turn.

Don't believe all the media hype. They are the only reason Obama ran for POTUS in the first place. When they originally asked him, he said no. All the media hype about him changed his mind - therefore, the media have been furiously campaigning for him ever since.

However, if Obama wins and he does not get a large enough majority in Congress, then - we won't be on solid ground yet, but it will be better off than it could have been. Anyways, make sure to vote!

Face_N_The_Crowd
10-14-08, 11:19
IMHO - *without going into debt* buy 12 USGI or PMAGs, a spare bolt group, and as much ammo as you can. I wouldn't buy a lower as that is the same cost as 12 mags. In the end 12 legally obtained mags *may* be worth more than 1 stripped lower that could come under scrutiny as to when it was built out or parts for it may be hard to come by.

Lastly, regardless of how it all shakes out in November - inauguration is in January, and given the state of affairs at the soonest we probably have 6 - 12 months.

Stay out of debt - that needs to be the golden rule.

Caeser25
10-14-08, 17:16
ammo, magazines and lots of spare parts, spare barrel.

bigshooter
10-14-08, 18:03
is anyone else feeling the pressure to buy these thing's asap , but your lacking on the fund's?

I was just talking to my wife about this and the anxiety associated with it last night.

I have been chipping away for the last year or so and still am feeling rushed.

It seems like every week I am left with little $ because of another bravo co order or whatever.

all my finances are covered first and foremost but my other hobbies are being neglected badly.

The way I see it though is you've got 3 weeks until the big O gets elected, and at that point get ready for a run on all things AR.

I would enjoy sitting back and reading "can't find this part": threads, knowing i don't have to worry about it.

so i guess I can rest when I'm dead!:cool:

ZDL
10-14-08, 18:06
I have already and am continuing to buy full rifles, parts, and mags. I haven't gotten around to ammo yet but I will. I haven't bought a single thing bolt action or pistol related other than a box of 308 in months. Everything has been focused on these evil black rifles and their AK cousins.

Grip
10-14-08, 19:16
I have decided to finish the AR build (aimpoint, and omega rail +small part's)...then start collecting magazine's. i am going to my local, monthly gun show this coming weekend to pickup 3-5 USGI 30rnd magazine's. but i still need to purchase alot of p-mag 30's.

I am not going into debt over this...i just spent $450 on my build that was supposed to buy me snow tire's for my new car....so its not a big deal. :p

I just worry that if there is a ban, i wont have all of the thing's stocked up i feel that i need to have.

ammo will be the last thing i collect.

theJanitor
10-14-08, 22:25
^what good is an aimpoint, omega rail, etc. WITHOUT ammo? Ammo should be first on the list

Pilgrim
10-14-08, 22:38
Buy AMMO!

Lots of ammo.

'Ammo' allows the world to go round.

markm
10-15-08, 16:34

I'm always lacking on the funds. But I feel NO pressure to buy anything. They may try to run some type of ban up the flag pole, but I don't see it happening in the immediate future.

Caeser25
10-15-08, 16:35
[QUOTE=bigshooter;232713]all my finances are covered first and foremost but my other hobbies are being neglected badly.

QUOTE]

+1 I don't care though at this point, every spare penny I have is going towards parts and my build.

recon
10-15-08, 16:44
Lots of mags! Lots!:D

Grip
10-15-08, 19:09
^what good is an aimpoint, omega rail, etc. WITHOUT ammo? Ammo should be first on the list

because i want to finish my build, so i can enjoy my rifle, and not have to worry about finishing the build later.

i will collect mag's first, and then i will collect alot of ammo in december 08-whenever 2009.