PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19X Coming January 22, 2018

Pages : [1] 2

VALG17
12-31-17, 11:06
Full sized frame, G19 slide. No safety. No finger grooves. No cut out in front of grip.

Available from "select dealers" later in January.

http://g41.glock.us/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS39FdElHos

Announcing Glock 19X

GLOCK, Inc. introduces their first ever “Crossover” pistol, the GLOCK 19X, which combines the best features of two of its most popular and most trusted field-tested platforms. The full-size frame and the compact slide have joined forces to produce the ideal pistol for all conditions and all situations.

“The G19X was developed for the military and is a practical everyday pistol that will do what you need it to do, when you need it to; every time, in every condition,” says GLOCK VP Josh Dorsey. “The pistol was developed for the military using GLOCK’s combat proven experience with consideration to efficiency, dependability and durability. Through rigorous testing, the G19X stands out above the competition and has the ability to function in all situations with ultimate reliability and accuracy. Our goal was to meet the demanding needs of the military while maintaining our standard of perfection. With proven results, the G19X delivers maximum efficiency and trustworthiness.”

Confidence now comes in the coyote color with the first-ever factory colored slide. The nPVD slide coating of the GLOCK 19X prevents corrosion, resists chemicals, and stands up against the elements. Additional design features of the G19X include the GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB) with enhanced polygonal rifling and an improved barrel crown for increased accuracy, ambidextrous slide stop levers and no finger grooves for better versatility, and a lanyard loop for retention. The pistol includes a standard 17-round magazine and two 17+2-round extended magazines along with a coyote-colored pistol case.

The aggregate effect of all the G19X design enhancements gives any user the assurance to succeed and survive in all situations. A perfect “Crossover to Confidence”.

The G19X will be available beginning January 22nd, 2018 at select dealers.

t1tan
12-31-17, 11:25
Hoping it comes in black eventually.

VALG17
12-31-17, 11:47
Yes, because everyone knows that once you go black, you can never go back. :)

3ACR_Scout
12-31-17, 11:48
That’s kind of a bummer. I was hoping it would be stamped “19 MHS” on the slide, but I also kind of expected something to prevent them from doing that. I like the color a lot better than the standard Glock tan (brown), and I also like the lip over the front of the magazine, as opposed to the notch on the Gen 5.

El Pistolero
12-31-17, 11:49
Meh. Call me when the Glock 46 comes into the country.

boombotz401
12-31-17, 11:51
I need to know where...how much and if blue blue label ASAP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpmuscle
12-31-17, 11:56
So basically the exact opposite of what they should have put out. Cool

TAZ
12-31-17, 12:04
I’m not completely sold on the concept of a short slide and long grip for a CCW. It does look good and I guess Glock needed to recoup their investment into the MHS program.

keene1bj
12-31-17, 12:09
Looks like they beveled the frame to match the slide

CPM
12-31-17, 12:15
Looks like they beveled the frame to match the slide
Yaaaasss!

AndyLate
12-31-17, 12:16

Ditto

Andy

DirectTo
12-31-17, 12:37
So they took a shorter slide and longer frame, the opposite of what most people would consider concealable, but otherwise made it a regular mustard colored Gen 5 19 except they actually bothered to bevel the frame so it didn't look totally half assed?

Wow Glock. Very impressive.

Don Robison
12-31-17, 12:39
Great, exactly the opposite of what was needed. Yayy Glock:rolleyes:

VALG17
12-31-17, 12:39
It is their MHS submission without a manual safety. No surprises, frankly.

C4IGrant
12-31-17, 12:44
I’m not completely sold on the concept of a short slide and long grip for a CCW. It does look good and I guess Glock needed to recoup their investment into the MHS program.

Yeah, typically we want to go the other way. G17 slide with G19 frame.

C4

call_me_ski
12-31-17, 12:56
Everyone says this is backwards but Sig very quickly discontinued their Compact Full Length Slide P320. They didn't even sell well at blowout prices. They sell a metric ton of their Carry szed guns which mimic this, so...

Hell the X-Carry was the most back ordered Gun at my Local FFL.

flenna
12-31-17, 12:57
Yeah, typically we want to go the other way. G17 slide with G19 frame.

C4

That's my thoughts exactly. This iteration makes me scratch me head:confused:.

SSGGlock
12-31-17, 12:57
I’ll be getting one no matter what. But yes a 17 slide on a 19 frame would have been better.

sundance435
12-31-17, 13:02

Basically. I'd have bought one of the opposite. I have zero use for a 17 size frame, except the cutout on my Gen 5 19 is annoying.

3ACR_Scout
12-31-17, 13:06
It is their MHS submission without a manual safety. No surprises, frankly.
Yeah, I don’t think they’re in any way aiming this at people that want another CCW pistol. This is meant as a tactical / combat pistol. I have no issue with that - I already have a carry pistol. This one will fit in my Safariland light holster on my tactical belt just fine.

ramairthree
12-31-17, 13:07
A lot of companies seem to want to go with a service pistol with a full sized frame, and a concealment-ish upper.

Beretta for decades on multiple models.

I don’t get it.

I don’t want a service pistol or a Comp gun with a short upper.

I either want a service pistol, or a compact, or a subcompact.
With a couple of variations, such as

Wake me back up when the put a 17 upper on a 19 frame.

And a 26 upper on a 19 frame.

signal4l
12-31-17, 13:09
I don't see what purpose this combination serves. Maybe next year they'll put a Glock 26 frame on a Glock 34 slide. Paint it tan, of course. Call it the Glock XXX.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-31-17, 13:32
I remember when people were poo-pooing the P30/VP9 for having a 19 slide but a 17 grip.

I remember when people were paying big money for grip chopped 17's.

I remember when people were begging for a tan colored Glock 17 with a SHORTER slide....no wait....I dont remember that at all.

Had this been the other way around, I'd have probably bought one. I have no room in the safe for more pistols that arent serving a real purpose for me. This would not solve a single problem I've ever had with a Glock 17 or 19.

Kain
12-31-17, 13:33
I'm kind of with most everyone else here, the 19 slide on a 17 frame makes little sense. I don't see much purpose for it in general. The only place that it might make sense is someone perhaps wanting to do a "Roland special" type set up with a RDS and comp, but wanting a longer 17 length grip. The RDS would make the sight radius less of an issue, and you end up with something that is about Glock 34 in length if my memory serves. Also this would have an ambi slide release and none of that goofy cut out. So that might draw some and make lefties happy. So, yeah, i could see a small niche for it. Maybe someone who is very rotund who the grip length is more of a concern than the length of the barrel, but yeah. A 17 length slide and 19 length frame would be more appealing to many.

Joe Mamma
12-31-17, 13:34
Glock has got to get the award for "does most with least." It amazes me how often they can recycle the same basic gun.

Joe Mamma

call_me_ski
12-31-17, 13:35
Glock has got to get the award for "does most with least." It amazes me how often they can recycle the same basic gun.

Joe Mamma
Devils advocate here:

What do you want them to do?

Wake27
12-31-17, 14:03
Devils advocate here:

Add ****ing forward serrations and fix the MOS platform so that the screws don’t come loose. I really don’t think they need to do a ton, because they’re close. But they always seem to be beating around the bush when it comes to making the “perfect” gun. And that’s not even addressing performance issues like BTF or the more recent trigger issue.

jpmuscle
12-31-17, 14:15
Everyone says this is backwards but Sig very quickly discontinued their Compact Full Length Slide P320. They didn't even sell well at blowout prices. They sell a metric ton of their Carry szed guns which mimic this, so...

Hell the X-Carry was the most back ordered Gun at my Local FFL.

Yea well that’s because most fudds are autismos [emoji38]

SSGGlock
12-31-17, 14:15
Yeah no forward serrations was stupid, it’s not like they don’t know how.

1911-A1
12-31-17, 14:29
Everyone is saying it's the opposite of what they should have made.

Glock has a history of this, though. Remember the G42 came out before the G43 (the one everyone wanted) Everyone bought the G42 thinking it was as close as they'd get to a single stack 9mm subcompact.

They just want you to buy twice. I wouldn't be surprised if a G19L came out later in 2018.

VALG17
12-31-17, 14:30
I can see that a definite strike against the 19X, etc. But, just note, it is always amusing and makes me shake me head how much whining, griping and moaning there whenever Glock does anything. I'm sure they will sell a metric poop ton of the 19x and just laugh all the way to the bank.

NongShim
12-31-17, 14:33
This is a gun for pogues. You need a short barrel so it doesn’t print from under you armpit when you keep it in the Miami Vice esque shoulder holster hand made by the guy with no shoes and less teeth than a jack-o-lantern. But you supported the local economy that popped up outside the FOB so pat yourself on the back for that.

Roland Special is the way to go with this.

Still wondering what all this brass to face drama is about. I’ve shot glocks for a long time and never seen that either, except pogues.

Cold/Bore
12-31-17, 14:46
Glock has a history of this, though. Remember the G42 came out before the G43 (the one everyone wanted) Everyone bought the G42 thinking it was as close as they'd get to a single stack 9mm subcompact.

They just want you to buy twice. I wouldn't be surprised if a G19L came out later in 2018.

This. After everyone has the G19x they’ll release the “G17x”.

Firefly
12-31-17, 14:47
All we want is a G19 Streetmaster with no finger grooves and no FDE BS.

We dont want to hack up G17 frames to do it.

We are cheap dates, Glock. Not the high class hookers HK attracts!

ETA: THIS

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZiVej7z1hCA/Tv3tJBKdfOI/AAAAAAAAD3c/8x2iaFgncIs/s720/SDC11797.JPG

But as a Glock

TROPICS
12-31-17, 14:59
I'm getting one....I do wish it had front serrations. 17 slide on 19 frame is stupid, why not put a 34 slide on a 43? That would be ultimate carry!!!

3ACR_Scout
12-31-17, 15:00
Yeah no forward serrations was stupid, it’s not like they don’t know how.
It kind of defeats the purpose of offering the MHS design to the public if they modify it from the version that was submitted for the competition (aside from the safety, of course, which I’m sure it pained them to add, and which they would never sell to the public).

I think they see this as sort of a face-saving measure. Since they already went to the trouble of designing this pistol for the MHS competition, they might as well try to capitalize on it through commercial sales, while hoping that the public will embrace t as “the pistol that should have been selected.” It wouldn’t make any sense for them to invest more money into changing the design when they’re trying to show that theirs was the better candidate for the military.

This is a big stretch, but one benefit of the shorter slide on a service pistol is reducing the overall length when using a suppressor (we talk about that with rifles all the time). That may have been a consideration with the military competition - I don’t know.

call_me_ski
12-31-17, 15:02
Add ****ing forward serrations and fix the MOS platform so that the screws don’t come loose. I really don’t think they need to do a ton, because they’re close. But they always seem to be beating around the bush when it comes to making the “perfect” gun. And that’s not even addressing performance issues like BTF or the more recent trigger issue.

Meh, I prefer the lack of forward serrations. MOS plates could be improved. I will give you that. I am waiting for an industrious company make a optic that mounts directly to an MOS somehow. I don't use any backstraps but god damn does Glock's solution seem like it was drawn on a napkin at a bar at 2am. Ultimately all of these new Striker wonder 9mm guns could sub in for one another.

YVK
12-31-17, 15:46
This thread makes for a fun holiday entertainment. Dunno, maybe a company that makes 43, 26 and 19 does not need another concealed carry oriented pistol. On the other hand, a full sized grip mated to a light slide has been a nearly universally accepted recipe for a very shootable, fast and flat cycling pistol. While I've no illusion that Glock is trying to recoup their MHS costs, I think that the 19X will be one of their most shootable offerings, probably very accurate considering the reports from Gen5 users, and will also be a great host for slide mounted RDS. I can't wait to get my hands on one, and I don't even use my Glocks these days.

young_gun
12-31-17, 15:51
I might actually pick one up, even though I think it’s the complete opposite of what everyone says they should do, I think it’s the gun I didn’t know I wanted.

Then again, I could just buy a 17 like I was already planning on doing.

Also I’m another vote for front serrations even though I don’t personally use them. Wtf is their deal with not doing those??

boombotz401
12-31-17, 15:55
Front serrations tear up leather holsters imo...my gen 5 with front cuts is now Kydex only

There’s plenty of places that do the cuts at reasonable prices. I highly recommend DP custom works

as for the MOS...it’s mediocre at best,have it milled

While I’m biased towards FDE, I love fde glocks it’s nice that I’ll have a full frame grip and not need new holsters

The 19 slide is shorter therefor comes out of the holster quicker, this will be very compensator friendly

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171231/ef0b937ffaa769e2d6bb1ac6999acd68.jpg

Todd.K
12-31-17, 16:03
This is meant as a tactical / combat pistol. I have no issue with that - I already have a carry pistol. This one will fit in my Safariland light holster on my tactical belt just fine.

So it should spend most if not all of it's life with a light attached. My light is already a bit longer than my 17, so what does a shorter barrel without a smaller footprint gain?

A threaded barrel/MB fitting in 17 sized holsters is all I can come up with.

dmd08
12-31-17, 16:05

Exactly. I see no one grip lengthening their 19s.

M4arc
12-31-17, 16:12
This seems backasswards to me. Didn't Sig win with a full sized slide & a carry sized frame?

boombotz401
12-31-17, 16:14
This seems backasswards to me. Didn't Sig win with a full sized slide & a carry sized frame?

Sig’s carry frame is full size..now that’s backasswards

M4arc
12-31-17, 16:28
Sig’s carry frame is full size..now that’s backasswards

Oh jeez...

Does that mean their full size slide it actually like G34 slide? Way to go Sig! :p

scooter22
12-31-17, 16:32
Welcome to M4C: a place where grown men congregate to bitch about what Glock didn't make for them this year.

3ACR_Scout
12-31-17, 17:09
So it should spend most if not all of it's life with a light attached. My light is already a bit longer than my 17, so what does a shorter barrel without a smaller footprint gain?
See my suppressor comment. It’s not much, but it’s something.

Joe Mamma
12-31-17, 17:12
Devils advocate here:

That's a fair question. Off of the top of my head, I would say the same things that many other people have been asking for (for many years):

22LR caliber handgun
pistol caliber carbine
full size or medium size single stack handgun
handgun with a manual safety

A Glock with manual safety does not really appeal to me at the moment. I would have to see the details before having an opinion. But the concept appeals to a lot of people.

Joe Mamma

Welcome to M4C: a place where grown men congregate to bitch about what Glock didn't make for them this year.

Ha ha, but grown men are their target market and probably buy 99% of their guns.

Joe Mamma

boombotz401
12-31-17, 17:13
Personally I’m hoping to see these in 357sig

Looks like glocks sticking with the 9mm only announcement

JulyAZ
12-31-17, 17:44
What can’t they get the front serrations, on a 17 slide, on a 19 frame.

No MOS multiplate system just a straight RMR cut. Make the RMR cut the industry standard the way rifle red dot optics are mostly using the Aimpoint mount system so all aimpoint mounts work for other red dots.

And give it to me with a black or grey frame. Who does their R&D? The need to be fired and replaced with someone younger.

Wake27
12-31-17, 17:47
Still wondering what all this brass to face drama is about. I’ve shot glocks for a long time and never seen that either, except pogues.

It’s POG, because acronyms and shit. But you’re saying that non-combatant types are the only ones to experience BTF and shitty ejection?

Front serrations tear up leather holsters imo...my gen 5 with front cuts is now Kydex only

There’s plenty of places that do the cuts at reasonable prices. I highly recommend DP custom works

as for the MOS...it’s mediocre at best,have it milled

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171231/ef0b937ffaa769e2d6bb1ac6999acd68.jpg

1. Nobody uses leather anymore, except maybe with a deserving 1911.
2. Even $50 for FCS plus the cost of refinishing is too much when it should be standard on a “fighting” gun, especially since they already offered it on some models.
3. Obviously the MOS system is mediocre, that’s why it needs improvement.

Paladinius
12-31-17, 17:48

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBingo. Give me a longer sight radius, shorter (less printing) grip - in BLACK.
Call it the G17X, I guess.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3ACR_Scout
12-31-17, 17:56

And give it to me with a black or grey frame. Who does their R&D? The need to be fired and replaced with someone younger.
The main take away for everyone should be that this design was already a done deal. There’s no asking why they didn’t put forward serrations on it or whatever other features you wanted. This is the Glock MHS as it was submitted to the Army’s competition several years ago, minus the external safety. I get the impression that a lot of people here never saw photos of the Glock MHS, or the Glock announcement a few months ago that they would be releasing a version of it to the public after their protest was rejected when they lost the contract to SIG. Either you want the Glock MHS or you don’t - it’s a waste of breath to say it should have other features or a different design, because then it wouldn’t be the commercial version of the MHS. It would be the Glock Gen 6, or the 2018 Summer Special, or something else. I get that a lot of people don’t like it, but it’s a waste of bandwidth to say that Glock should have changed their MHS design before releasing it to the public, because then they wouldn’t be releasing the MHS. That’s like saying that FN should have changed the caliber and barrel length on the M249 and made it right hand feed when they released their civilian version.

3ACR_Scout
12-31-17, 18:02
It’s POG, because acronyms and shit.
“Pogue” is not an acronym, or at least the real military slang word is not. The word has been around since at least the Korean War, and is the origin of the term “pogie bait,” referring to food or souvenirs that attract pogues and could be traded for more valuable things. If there’s an acronym “POG,” it was developed by service members who didn’t know better or are less than 30 years old.

GTF425
12-31-17, 18:45
The only people who care about how it’s spelled are always ****ing pogues.

call_me_ski
12-31-17, 18:51

Don’t care how they spell it as long as they don’t forget that they are pogues/POGs.

3ACR_Scout
12-31-17, 19:03
Ha! You got me there. What can I say - I like reading military history. Plus, I’m an Armor guy in an Infantry unit, so it goes without saying.

jerrysimons
12-31-17, 19:26
All I can think of that this is good for is a Roland Special with 19rds or really big hands

dwhitehorne
12-31-17, 19:41
I don't see what all the complaining is about. This model is set up like the HK P7 that everyone raves about. Fullsize grip with a compact slide. I would think all the younger types that seem to love the appendix carry would love this short slide with the larger grip. Kind of like the FNS or P320 Carry or Commander 1911's are set up. If we are all going back to 9mm why not have more bullets. David

Kain
12-31-17, 19:56
I don't see what all the complaining is about. This model is set up like the HK P7 that everyone raves about. Fullsize grip with a compact slide. I would think all the younger types that seem to love the appendix carry would love this short slide with the larger grip. Kind of like the FNS or P320 Carry or Commander 1911's are set up. If we are all going back to 9mm why not have more bullets. David

HKP7 The same concept/size as the 19X? No. It not.

It damn near height and width the 19. And thinner, though granted about half the rounds. But still. It is not a FS frame with a compact slide.

P7M8 with G19 and G17

https://i.imgur.com/qAmWHW0.jpg

HkP7 on top of G19, because it likes being on top.

https://i.imgur.com/7siDL5G.jpg

Here with the 19 on top.

https://i.imgur.com/4HX2QH3.jpg

And here it is on top of the 17.

https://i.imgur.com/0vqW66y.jpg

Can post more if needed, but the P7 is not the same concept or size of the 19X, That large trigger guard may make it look that way, but H&K has always erred on the side of sausage fingers and gloves.

Sorry for tone, I been drinking.

Wake27
12-31-17, 21:18
My branch is almost as POG as it gets, which is sometimes pretty depressing. More and more though, I’m glad I’m no longer 11 series. The constant substitution of ego in place of logic in the infantry is exhausting.

seant8
12-31-17, 21:26
I have no desire for it, but I think the intent here is for a lighter weight duty pistol for open carry in a LE/Mil role. I shoot a G19 just as well as a 17 and don't need the extra slide/barrel length. Back when I was having back pain from a LEO duty belt I would have considered this. Same mag capacity and full grip as a G17 with a smaller footprint and slightly lighter? I think I would have picked it. Now that I'm CCW all the time I'll stick with the G19. I'll bet they will market this heavily when agencies start replacing their G17s.

GTF425
12-31-17, 21:33
The constant substitution of ego in place of logic in the infantry is exhausting.

Whatever you ex-11/now-soft skills say to justify quitting.

El Pistolero
12-31-17, 22:03
So if this is the public-release version of the MHS pistol, is it actually modular as in having a separate fire control group or removable inner frame that constitutes the “firearm” like a SIG P320?

call_me_ski
12-31-17, 22:07
So if this is the public-release version of the MHS pistol, is it actually modular as in having a separate fire control group or removable inner frame that constitutes the “firearm” like a SIG P320?

No. It meets the Army's definition of modular, which meant that the handgun could be configured to be shot by people from the 5th to 95th percentile effectively. The click on backstraps do that.

El Pistolero
12-31-17, 22:15
No. It meets the Army's definition of modular, which meant that the handgun could be configured to be shot by people from the 5th to 95th percentile effectively. The click on backstraps do that.

If true, that’s the worst definition of modular I’ve ever heard. SIG got it right with the P320 then.

Bodhi
12-31-17, 22:16
It's like they wanted to do a tacops copy.

Looks neat, but pointless. Glock 17 grip chop is probably the best option

bad aim
12-31-17, 22:25
Interesting how Glock pulled the video and changed the webpage...I wonder if someone stumbled upon it by accident before it was ready for prime time?

boombotz401
12-31-17, 22:27
I’m guessing it was meant for shot show...there’s rumors about a 34 and 26 aswell

call_me_ski
12-31-17, 22:36
It's like they wanted to do a tacops copy.

Looks neat, but pointless. Glock 17 grip chop is probably the best option

Many companies have tried to bring a pistol of that size to the market and it always flops. Compact slide fullsize grip has done well going back to commander sized 1911s and potentially further.

3ACR_Scout
12-31-17, 23:11
I’m guessing it was meant for shot show...there’s rumors about a 34 and 26 as well.
These were posted over on ARFCOM:

G26 Gen5 - PA2650201
G26 Gen5 w/ GNS - PA2650701
G34 Gen5 MOS - PA3430103MOS
G34 Gen5 MOS 10rd - PA3430101MOS

Firefly
01-01-18, 01:33
G34 Gen 5?!

SCISSOR ME TIMBERS!!

ETA only squares buy G26s. Its the most irrelevant model out there beside the 45 GAP and the only people who buy them are the Hyundai Lesbians who wear Timberlands.

G19s and G34s are the most Chad of the Glock line.

Need a Govt profile? G34
Need a solid tuckaway? G19

Any who disagree is part of the problem. Once C. Montgomery Glock croaks they can get right thinking people to make the Glicks we deserve and get rid of the fingergrooves

El Pistolero
01-01-18, 02:01
G34 Gen 5?!

SCISSOR ME TIMBERS!!

ETA only squares buy G26s. Its the most irrelevant model out there beside the 45 GAP and the only people who buy them are the Hyundai Lesbians who wear Timberlands.

Need a Govt profile? G34

Any who disagree is part of the problem. Once C. Montgomery Glock croaks they can get right thinking people to make the Glicks we deserve and get rid of the fingergrooves

Yes yes yes! I've always felt this way. There is no point for the Glock 17 to exist. The 19 can do everything the 17 can do, and if you're going up in size from the 19 then you deserve a longer sight radius and a muzzle that sits flush with a flashlight like the 34.

jpmuscle
01-01-18, 02:24
A gen5 34 I can get behind. I've always wanted one.

Outlander Systems
01-01-18, 02:36
Scissor me, Xerxes, scissor me.

A Gen5 34 is absolutely something I'll sit up and take notice of.

G34 Gen 5?!

SCISSOR ME TIMBERS!!

Need a Govt profile? G34

Corse
01-01-18, 05:09
Many companies have tried to bring a pistol of that size to the market and it always flops. Compact slide fullsize grip has done well going back to commander sized 1911s and potentially further.

But isn't that a 17?

joffe
01-01-18, 05:53
Interesting how Glock pulled the video and changed the webpage...I wonder if someone stumbled upon it by accident before it was ready for prime time?

The video did say 'Janurary' so it certainly wasn't ready for primetime.

PLCedeno
01-01-18, 07:32
But isn't that a 17?

More so the M&P FS.

VALG17
01-01-18, 08:01
The video did say 'Janurary' so it certainly wasn't ready for primetime.

The problem is that a web tech was using an old page on the site to build out and "park" the 19x page and managed to hit "live" or "publish" on it rather than simply save. Happens all the time, which is why standard practice is NEVER to park a page like this on the main website. Stuff happens. And obviously it did in this instance. :)

dwhitehorne
01-01-18, 08:04
HKP7 The same concept/size as the 19X? No. It not.

It damn near height and width the 19. And thinner, though granted about half the rounds. But still. It is not a FS frame with a compact slide.

P7M8 with G19 and G17

https://i.imgur.com/qAmWHW0.jpg

HkP7 on top of G19, because it likes being on top.

https://i.imgur.com/7siDL5G.jpg

Here with the 19 on top.

https://i.imgur.com/4HX2QH3.jpg

And here it is on top of the 17.

https://i.imgur.com/0vqW66y.jpg

Can post more if needed, but the P7 is not the same concept or size of the 19X, That large trigger guard may make it look that way, but H&K has always erred on the side of sausage fingers and gloves.

Sorry for tone, I been drinking.

Okay I was referring to the M13. I carried one on duty everyday for 7 years until replaced by the P2000. It definately felt like carrying a fullsized grip pistol with a compact slide. It was fast to shoot and easy to shoot. I think it is interesting that many put magwells or plus two extensions on the G19 to make it fit the hand better. I am one that gets pinched by reloads because the G19 grip is just a hair to short. I would love a 17 grip with a 19 slide. Access to more bullets is always bette because I'm to lazy to carry a spare double stack mag. David

Kain
01-01-18, 09:42
Okay I was referring to the M13. I carried one on duty everyday for 7 years until replaced by the P2000. It definately felt like carrying a fullsized grip pistol with a compact slide. It was fast to shoot and easy to shoot. I think it is interesting that many put magwells or plus two extensions on the G19 to make it fit the hand better. I am one that gets pinched by reloads because the G19 grip is just a hair to short. I would love a 17 grip with a 19 slide. Access to more bullets is always bette because I'm to lazy to carry a spare double stack mag. David

M13 is still same height and length though. Wider though. And more desirable for collectors. Nice shooters though. They are definitely heavier than anything polymer though and weight does make a definite difference when on the belt. I've carried a 1911 then swapped over to a Glock and it was like taking several pounds off my hip, though the actual weight loss was only about a pound I think. Ammo weight actually might have been more too.

And grip length can be a definite factor, a factory 19 fits me in the realm of, meh. Undercut the trigger guard though and it just about right for me. I can see it having issues for some though with bigger hands, kind of like the S&W Shield for myself. If I am not careful I am going to pinch the shit out of myself. .

Renegade
01-01-18, 09:49
After a decade+, someone at Glock finally listened to me.

Mr. Goodtimes
01-01-18, 10:06
I don’t get the point of these compact slide full size grip guns, it’s literally the worst of both worlds. You get the shorter sight radius of the compact slide with the longer grip of the full size. It’s like it’s purposefully designed to suck at everything. The slide isn’t what prints when concealing and the grip is. If you want a longer grip buy a G17 and at least then you get the longer sight radius.

Eurodriver
01-01-18, 10:26
I don’t get the point of these compact slide full size grip guns, it’s literally the worst of both worlds. You get the shorter sight radius of the compact slide with the longer grip of the full size. It’s like it’s purposefully designed to suck at everything. The slide isn’t what prints when concealing and the grip is. If you want a longer grip buy a G17 and at least then you get the longer sight radius.

Dude, that's literally what sells in the gun market. Gun owners are a generally bunch of inbred idiots, and if you don't market toward that demographic you won't be in business very long. Glock is probably running out of new LE and .mil contracts since S&W and Sig can't produce a handgun that doesn't shoot you if you drop it or hit the target without an apex trigger and aftermarket barrel.

P.S. I miss you.

RHINOWSO
01-01-18, 11:08
Not my thing, but more gun options is a good thing IMO.

ABNAK
01-01-18, 11:33
So basically the exact opposite of what they should have put out.

Kind of what I was thinking too!

M4arc
01-01-18, 11:55
I just compared my G17 and G19 to my BIL's P320 Carry and that's exactly what Glock is going after. Meh.

ramairthree
01-01-18, 12:22
On reconsideration, for that portion of the population with hands that don’t fit a 19 grip,
This makes a good 19 for them.

For those saying they shoot a 19 as good as a 17 or 34...
You don’t.
If you have a moderate degree of training and ability,
Run a training or Competition stage back to back with both, set up the same.
You will have an edge with the other guns over the 19.

You have to get to a certain level of speed and accuracy and type of shooting for a 17 or 34 to be an advantage.
And they are.
When someone says they can shoot a 19 “just as good” as a 17 or a 34 they either haven’t really seriously tried or are not very good.

If they say, “I have compared them a lot head to head, and while I have an edge with the 34, the 19 is close enough and a much better CC option for me” I’ll buy that.

It’s like when someone says “what do I need one of them there G model Berettas for, I shoot my old issue D model just as good” because they are not shooting at distances, speeds, courses, etc. enough to see just how bad it hurts their splits using the D trigger.

(I’ve had a 19 about 25 years. I don’t totally suck. But I won’t get the same score on a stage with it as I will a 17. Just like I won’t shoot a stage as fast and accurate with a D model Beretta as a DA/SA one.

If there was no edge to good triggers,
People would be winning Open and Production with Glocks, not 2011s and CZs and those guns would not be prominent.

If barrel length/sight radius was not an edge, again, same thing.

If weight was not an edge, same thing.

If blacked out rear sights and a FO front were not an edge in completion, etc.

I am cool with a full sized service / offensive / Comp gun.
Guys with 30% body fat complaining about them being to heavy vs a smaller gun are jack asses.

If you are not doing open carry or concealed carry in heavy clothing mode,
I get compact guns.

I get a full sized upper with compact grip if you are in and out of vehicles a lot and various other stuff that the grip is always getting snagged on, etc.

I don’t get compact upper with full sized grip. Cougar, PX4, APX from one company alone all seem to fit into this. Again, if you IWB but want full capacity OK. But I don’t like the non full sized option in the line.

Compact grip with compact upper I get. The 19 is the epitome of this.

Sub compact I get. The 26 and other guns this size allow all fingers on the grip (at least with mag extensions) and a comfortable AIWB carry. If I was a few inches taller maybe the 19 would be as comfortable for me this way as well.

Anyways, a lot of the sizing, comfort, desires are just personal preference subjective stuff.

But, as far as speed and accuracy, the bigger guns give the shooter an edge objectively.

BuzzinSATX
01-01-18, 12:26

LOL! After reading 8 pages of posts, I find this post the most accurate!

ejr490
01-01-18, 12:30
i just read the ad again it's a crossover pistol! and I, uh, well I don't get it . But at least they are trying new things that's good right?

Anyone remember S&W and the pistol of the week?

Ed

jaholder
01-01-18, 13:13
So this is Glock's version of taking an Officer's Model 1911 slide and putting it on a full sized 1911 frame?

well this should take the "1911 v. Glock" debate up a notch or two...

01-01-18, 13:14
Devils advocate here:

-22lr G19 and G17L
-Thinner G19 (single stack)
-G42 and G43 with a +1 grip length
-more adjustable backstraps (Like everyone else)

The hight vs length of a G19 are actually goldilocks in my opinion, and the G19 is the measuring stick I apply to the entire handgun industry.

SNIP Compact slide fullsize grip has done well going back to commander sized 1911s and potentially further.

But isn't that a 17?
Pretty much.

On the subject of POGs, I’ve heard that it is an acronym for “personnel, other than grunt”.

Wake27
01-01-18, 13:20
-22lr G19 and G17L

The Advantage Arms kits work very well for this.

01-01-18, 13:58
The Advantage Arms kits work very well for this.

Thanks

ramairthree
01-01-18, 14:12
LOL! After reading 8 pages of posts, I find this post the most accurate!

If they want to blow minds make the uppers and lowers compatible just by changing a dustcover.

Kain
01-01-18, 14:19
Just proof Glock wasn't tge first to have the idea. Last time I saw these was on closeout in CDNN.

http://i.imgur.com/hRRWki5.jpg (http://imgur.com/hRRWki5)

Nightvisionary
01-01-18, 14:33
I must be the exception. For me a long slide and barrel of the G17 adds nothing to practical accuracy at typical handgun ranges. On the other hand the additional magazine capacity of the 17 frame is a plus and my huge manly hands could use the extra grip length. The color is perfect for the Southwest where I would likely have need to carry it. As stated in the article this was designed for military use not CCW. There are already a wide selection of Glocks suitable for CCW.

Zirk208
01-01-18, 15:07
The main take away for everyone should be that this design was already a done deal. There’s no asking why they didn’t put forward serrations on it or whatever other features you wanted. This is the Glock MHS as it was submitted to the Army’s competition several years ago, minus the external safety. I get the impression that a lot of people here never saw photos of the Glock MHS, or the Glock announcement a few months ago that they would be releasing a version of it to the public after their protest was rejected when they lost the contract to SIG. Either you want the Glock MHS or you don’t - it’s a waste of breath to say it should have other features or a different design, because then it wouldn’t be the commercial version of the MHS. It would be the Glock Gen 6, or the 2018 Summer Special, or something else. I get that a lot of people don’t like it, but it’s a waste of bandwidth to say that Glock should have changed their MHS design before releasing it to the public, because then they wouldn’t be releasing the MHS. That’s like saying that FN should have changed the caliber and barrel length on the M249 and made it right hand feed when they released their civilian version.

The 19X may be a lot of things and may be a lot less of other things, but in reality this is the correct answer.

ramairthree
01-01-18, 15:25
I must be the exception. For me a long slide and barrel of the G17 adds nothing to practical accuracy at typical handgun ranges. On the other hand the additional magazine capacity of the 17 frame is a plus and my huge manly hands could use the extra grip length. The color is perfect for the Southwest where I would likely have need to carry it. As stated in the article this was designed for military use not CCW. There are already a wide selection of Glocks suitable for CCW.

You are not an exception.
An average or above shooter will benefit.
Start dropping plates to 25 or more fast while moving on the training range or in a competition stage and you will benefit from a full sized gun. Period.

If that additional speed and accuracy is outweighed by your benefits from a shorter upper, that’s another story.

It’s like saying the 5.7 Hemi in your charger is just as good as a 6.1 or 6.4.
It’s not.
But if you cant hook up a good 60 ft or drive that well, or if you stay under a certain speed, and less than a certain amount of acceleration, it’s “ for all intents and purposes practically as good.”

I have seen plenty of guys with a compact Glock outshoot guys with a full sized, competition sized, or long slide Glock.
I have not seen a good shooter using, say, a 34, outshoot himself with the 19 on the same course.
It’s an advantage.

Ok,
You guys got me.
One of my pet peeves as a longtime Glock owner are people saying the 17 and 34 offer no advantage over a 19.
The 19 is awesome. It is the measure by which all compact semi auto fighting handguns are judged by. It is a fantastic compromise of size, capacity, etc. but the 19 sized upper is just that, a compromise.

The other is the number of fat asses at gun shows, gun shops, and the range lauding the few ounces of weight savings they get with certain models. They Get more weight savings when they take a shit and dump their diabetes cocktail they had for breakfast let alone dropping a few pounds.

Flankenstein
01-01-18, 15:45
A Glock 19 that identifies as a Glock 17? Anything is possible and accepted these days...

VALG17
01-01-18, 16:02
Damn, son, that there is just funny.

Outlander Systems
01-01-18, 16:20
Amen.

Why aren't we best friends?

Start dropping plates to 25 or more fast while moving on the training range or in a competition stage and you will benefit from a full sized gun. Period.

If that additional speed and accuracy is outweighed by your benefits from a shorter upper, that’s another story.

It’s not.
But if you cant hook up a good 60 ft or drive that well, or if you stay under a certain speed, and less than a certain amount of acceleration, it’s “ for all intents and purposes practically as good.”

I have seen plenty of guys with a compact Glock outshoot guys with a full sized, competition sized, or long slide Glock.
I have not seen a good shooter using, say, a 34, outshoot himself with the 19 on the same course.
It’s an advantage.

Ok,
You guys got me.
One of my pet peeves as a longtime Glock owner are people saying the 17 and 34 offer no advantage over a 19.
The 19 is awesome. It is the measure by which all compact semi auto fighting handguns are judged by. It is a fantastic compromise of size, capacity, etc. but the 19 sized upper is just that, a compromise.

The other is the number of fat asses at gun shows, gun shops, and the range lauding the few ounces of weight savings they get with certain models. They Get more weight savings when they take a shit and dump their diabetes cocktail they had for breakfast let alone dropping a few pounds.

MegademiC
01-01-18, 17:38

It’s not.

It’s an advantage.

Ok,
You guys got me.

What’s better besides sight radius? Is a heavier slower slide a benefit to 100% of shooters?

Honest question as I’ve never shot a full sized glock.

boombotz401
01-01-18, 17:48
When comparing a 19 to a 34 yes the slide weight makes for a softer shooter

My 19 and 17? I don’t notice a difference

jpmuscle
01-01-18, 17:55

It’s not.

It’s an advantage.

Ok,
You guys got me.

You’re good people

boombotz401
01-01-18, 18:00
Longer slides only real benefit competition shooters loading for minimal power factor

A 147gr 9mm only needs to reach 855 FPS....in a 5.32” barrel that makes for a quick soft shooter

Firefly
01-01-18, 18:15
Buy a Gen 5 G19 and Make Glocks Great Again.

The G19X is the Ted Cruz of Glocks.

VALG17
01-01-18, 18:15
That is just totally idiotic.

jpmuscle
01-01-18, 18:37
Longer slides only real benefit competition shooters loading for minimal power factor

A 147gr 9mm only needs to reach 855 FPS....in a 5.32” barrel that makes for a quick soft shooter

False. But ok.

boombotz401
01-01-18, 18:39
False. But ok.

Care to elaborate?

I own them all and don’t find my longslides any more accurate than even my 26

Firefly
01-01-18, 18:44
Longer slides exist for a reason.
Competition is not one of them and is most ancillary.

If I were going to be offensive with a handgun, I want a 5" barrel.

Lots of benefit. No cons.

Out and about, G19.

But imagine you need more real estate but want an offensive gun.

4.75" barrel, Compact frame. Bickety bam. A new niche.

The 19X looks like it is for the American Rifleman, "look what ah gawt" bunch.

A normal grip and a pug barrel.

Degeneracy.....

seb5
01-01-18, 18:45
Care to elaborate?

I own them all and don’t find my longslides any more accurate than even my 26

You're right about pure accuracy but can you shoot the 26 as fast and accurate as the long slides? Didn't think so.

boombotz401
01-01-18, 18:47
You're right about pure accuracy but can you shoot the 26 as fast and accurate as the long slides? Didn't think so.

26..no

19 to 34 yes. All how one trains I guess

124 +p gold dots ran 1248 on my G19, I consider that offensive if needed and prefer the mobility

Moral..everyone has different preferences,train what you fight with

Outlander Systems
01-01-18, 19:32
This.

Can't fight physics.

Longer slides exist for a reason.
Competition is not one of them and is most ancillary.

If I were going to be offensive with a handgun, I want a 5" barrel.

Lots of benefit. No cons.

Out and about, G19.

But imagine you need more real estate but want an offensive gun.

4.75" barrel, Compact frame. Bickety bam. A new niche.

The 19X looks like it is for the American Rifleman, "look what ah gawt" bunch.

A normal grip and a pug barrel.

Degeneracy.....

Alex V
01-01-18, 19:40
Exactly the opposite of what I would like to buy.

The G19 frame serves two benefits for me;
1. Native 15 round mags (limit in NJ is 15) don't need modified 17 round mags.
2. My hand isn't big enough to need the additional real estate of a G17 grip.

Oh well. Maybe next year Glock will come around.

seb5
01-01-18, 19:53
As someone that other than a lone .22 and a lone 1911 only owns 19's and 43's I think it will sell. Does it offer anything a 17, 17L, or 34 doesn't? Other than being harder to shoot fast, no. But I like FDE stuff and maybe I'll put my lone HD weapon that lives out of a safe back in and try something new. Since the current 19 used for that task is a RTF and I'd hate to loose it. Just add tritium, Surefire, and use the 2 19 round mags and it would last my life time as a night stand gun.........But then again so would the current 19. A new pea shooter sometimes is just wanted.

LDB
01-01-18, 19:53
The video in the OP doesn't work. Where else can one see pics etc. of this? And when do we get the 17 upper on a 19 frame?

Nightvisionary
01-01-18, 20:08

That's not really the relevant question. The relevant question is can you shoot a full gripped Glock with a 4 inch barrel accurate enough and fast enough to make effective hits in a defensive shoot scenario. The answer without question is absolutely.

Walker_Texasranger
01-01-18, 20:34
It’s funny hearing people bitch and whine about this thing. This is now the best gun in Glocks lineup to red dot or Roland.

seb5
01-01-18, 20:54
That's not really the relevant question. The relevant question is can you shoot a full gripped Glock with a 4 inch barrel accurate enough and fast enough to make effective hits in a defensive shoot scenario. The answer without question is absolutely.

It might not be relevant to you but it was made in reference to a statement about accuracy. Taken out of context any of our (my) posts may not be relevant.

VALG17
01-01-18, 20:55
If you can't hit your target in a SD situation with a 19, the chances are very high you will never do it with a 17 either. There you go. You're welcome.

Firefly
01-01-18, 21:42
There is a bit of difference between offensive handgunnery and defensive.

If I were clearing a house, I want a G34 with a 19rd mag +1 chambered with WML. Possibly an RMR these days.

You can be defensive with a snubnose .38.

You can use a G19 but it wouldnt be my first choice for something like that.

I mean at one point I eschewed a G21 (which looking back was a vanity gun and should have been a G34) for a Beretta 92 w/ an old old Surefire that had to be like tapped and screwed in as it had no rail and a 20 round mag.

Sometimes a long arm is not appropriate simply because even an MP5 with the military collapsible stock is too big.

Biggy
01-01-18, 21:43
Didn't SOCOM go with a Gen 3 G19 over the Gen 3 G17 ? I guess they had their reasons.

3ACR_Scout
01-02-18, 01:45
SOCOM has a requirement to use pistols in a concealed carry role as well, so the 19 was a logical choice.

Moose-Knuckle
01-02-18, 03:06

:lol:

In the spirit of this thread I'll post my first bitch of 2018.

Single stack compact and a karbean that . . . wait for it . . . takes G18 murder sticks. :p

ETA:

Didn't see Joe Mamma's post before posting myself, he nailed it.

That's a fair question. Off of the top of my head, I would say the same things that many other people have been asking for (for many years):

22LR caliber handgun
pistol caliber carbine
full size or medium size single stack handgun
handgun with a manual safety

.XL
01-02-18, 07:12
https://youtu.be/bdnZLJZBnSk

newyork
01-02-18, 07:19
Any word on sights? Coming with standard plastic or...?

LDB
01-02-18, 07:27
Just got this from Glock a few minutes ago.

http://19x.glock.us/

BuzzinSATX
01-02-18, 07:39
https://youtu.be/bdnZLJZBnSk

After seeing that video, I agree with those who said it’s potentially a good platform for an RMR and possibly a comp (“Roland” style).

JulyAZ
01-02-18, 07:49
Imma put a 17 round magazine in my 19 gen 5 and call it the 19x.5.

Hell, they could steal a page from Springfield and include a grip extension with every 19 sold.

Or they could give us what we want a 17 slide on a 19 frame with the grip extension if they want to throw that in so we can have a complete 17 if we so choose.

Jesus... I can’t believe I’m asking for grip extension. I just want to 17 face on the 19 ass.

.XL
01-02-18, 08:37
https://youtu.be/8c3P1X0PTkg

Doc Safari
01-02-18, 09:15
I think I've got enough Glocks. I'd have to put this in the category of "what does this do that the Glock 17 doesn't do?"

PLCedeno
01-02-18, 09:19
I think I've got enough Glocks. I'd have to put this in the category of "what does this do that the Glock 17 doesn't do?"
My thoughts exactly. Though potentially easier to conceal (somewhat) while making it slightly slower to make quick hits. This is a bit perplexing. Not sure what to make of it.

recon
01-02-18, 09:53
Regardless of all the whining about what they should have done or not these will still sell well.

scottryan
01-02-18, 10:01
More gun industry retardation and another swing and miss.

Ever since releasing the Gen 3, Glock has taken 1 step forward, 2 steps back with every new generation release.

ramairthree
01-02-18, 10:11
I think I will get one and cut it down to take 19 mags.

boombotz401
01-02-18, 10:13
Anyone else find it utterly moronic it cannot accept gen 5 baseplates?

Kain
01-02-18, 10:15

Lol, oh the irony.
I think I'll wait until they hit the clearance bin for that.

SiGfever
01-02-18, 10:22
Having not handled and fired the pistol, I will reserve judgement until then.

Nightvisionary
01-02-18, 10:26
Regardless of all the whining about what they should have done or not these will still sell well.

I will buy one. Now if they will just make one in 10mm.

Firefly
01-02-18, 10:31

Now THIS is podracing

recon
01-02-18, 11:37
Anyone else find it utterly moronic it cannot accept gen 5 baseplates?

Just saw this on another site. Could always change out the base but meh! Watch the vid at 6:18.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c3P1X0PTkg

Doc Safari
01-02-18, 11:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c3P1X0PTkg

That just flat out looks ridiculous.

Biggy
01-02-18, 11:51
It looks like it might be much harder to get stuck mags out of the pistol now. I have no use for a lanyard loop but the lanyard plug is easy to remove. FYI, it also looks like regular Gen 5 G17 and G19's are now coming with properly beveled frames to match the slides.

Watrdawg
01-02-18, 12:20
There is this video of this lady on Facebook that rants and raves about everything. She has that Instagram face thing going on. At the end of all of her rants she has this catch phrase "I aint doin it!" Whelp here goes I ain't doin it.

This doesn't fill any gaps for me and is, as a ton of people have already said, ass backwards of what should have been done. That's Glock for you.

newyork
01-02-18, 12:27
What advantages does having the short slide have over just a 17? The grip is the hardest part to conceal so if you wanted a full size grip why not the 17?

3ACR_Scout
01-02-18, 12:35
Well, for me personally, when I carry a full size pistol (e.g. M9) at the 4 o’clock position, the muzzle presses against my sciatic nerve and causes significant and prolonged soreness down my leg. The shorter the barrel, the less I have to deal with that. A G19 is better, and a G43 is the most comfortable.

scottryan
01-02-18, 12:36
What advantages does having the short slide have over just a 17? The grip is the hardest part to conceal so if you wanted a full size grip why not the 17?

It comes from the modular handgun contract requirements being completely ****ed up to begin with. Ridiculous bureaucratic requirements just like the SCAR program that solve government inventory property control problems, not real world problems.

MountainRaven
01-02-18, 12:44
All I want are those FDE 19-round magazines and the grip plug lanyard loop.

boombotz401
01-02-18, 13:08
Received an email from my local shop about preorder

749$

No word on blue label

Wake27
01-02-18, 13:10
All I want are those FDE 19-round magazines and the grip plug lanyard loop.

Yeah I'd buy a few of those mags. Probably about it though.

Doc Safari
01-02-18, 13:11
What I want is a full-size or a Glock 19 sized 9mm with a FLAT backstrap, just like a 1911 with a flat mainspring housing.

I guess they will never make one of those.

Titan74
01-02-18, 13:22
With a threaded barrel the G19X is the ultimate suppressor host from Glocks lineup.

The G19 has borderline too small grip when shot suppressed. And that is with bare hands or thin gloves, with more substantial gloves the grip really is too small. G17 has unnecessarily long slide/barrel for suppressed use, so G19X probably hits the sweet spot.

G19X might also be the optimal gun for winter: with insulated gloves the G17 sized frame is much better for me, as I can always get a good grip, even with numb or snowy hands. Since I do not care for the longer G17 slide, G19X might offer the best balance of features.

Texaspoff
01-02-18, 13:24
Well I ain't scared, I pre ordered a blue label version.

TXPO

YVK
01-02-18, 13:30

Slide length is not a non-factor in concealment. I can AIWB 19 easily but I don't like 17 in that position as much.
Lighter slides cycle flatter, slide lightening to improve shooting performance has been done forever.
I am buying one of these as soon as prices drop. I hope that the general public has the same prevailing attitude as seen in this thread, hopefully prices will drop faster.

El_Chingon
01-02-18, 14:13
Not a big fan of Glocks but I think I would love to have this one, but can’t since I live in CA.

01-02-18, 14:14
What I want is a full-size or a Glock 19 sized 9mm with a FLAT backstrap, just like a 1911 with a flat mainspring housing.

I guess they will never make one of those.

I would purchase 3.

hile
01-02-18, 14:37
I am mildly interested in this. One caveat is that the Gen5 baseplates won't work because the cutout is not there, at least according to one review I saw. I'm more likely to have a Gen 4 and 5 G17 and G19 than this.

ETA: One good use for this setup would be that one could build a Roland Special on a full-sized frame and still fit in standard G34 holsters.

F22raptor
01-02-18, 14:39
No MOS?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TacticalFun
01-02-18, 14:51
Im probably going to buy one. It will 100% only be for open carry.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

VALG17
01-02-18, 16:34
That's the full MSRP. :)

BuzzinSATX
01-02-18, 17:44
Well I ain't scared, I pre ordered a blue label version.

TXPO

After watching the Sootch video, I was intrigued and did the same. The price took me back a bit, but with metal night sights (not the best but will do), thats $100 I don't have to spend right away.

FWIW, I was planning to buy a new G17 Gen 5 anyway, so I figure the difference is around $60 more versus the G175 with Ameriglo sights.

www.gtdist.com only shows a blue label price. What is the commercial price going to be?

ETA: Disregard, just saw the MSRP. Wow!

WickedWillis
01-02-18, 17:52
I am going to buy one in the hopes it will make them do a run of factory 19L's in the future :cool:. If this succeeds and is a decent hit on the civvy market, maybe Glock starts doing things different going forward?

BuzzinSATX
01-02-18, 17:56
That just flat out looks ridiculous.

So do Ford Raptors, but that doesn't stop folks from buying them...:sarcastic:

I've avoided "colored" guns up to this point, but I'm gonna add a little diversity to my safe, and try getting down with brown.... :laugh:

ejr490
01-02-18, 17:58
According to one of the military sites the MHS Glock had a thumb safety per the army’s request.

3ACR_Scout
01-02-18, 18:38
No MOS?
That wasn't a requirement of the MHS program.

Bodhi
01-02-18, 19:57
After watching the Sootch video, I was intrigued and did the same. The price took me back a bit, but with metal night sights (not the best but will do), thats $100 I don't have to spend right away.

FWIW, I was planning to buy a new G17 Gen 5 anyway, so I figure the difference is around $60 more versus the G175 with Ameriglo sights.

www.gtdist.com only shows a blue label price. What is the commercial price going to be?

ETA: Disregard, just saw the MSRP. Wow!

Link to GT's blue label

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-19x-9mm-gns-5-5lb-le-pistol.html

hile
01-02-18, 20:27

A threaded barrel/MB fitting in 17 sized holsters is all I can come up with.

Or, in 34-sized holsters. Effectively building a Roland Special with a full-sized grip that fits into a standard Glock 34 holster.

MegademiC
01-02-18, 21:01
When comparing a 19 to a 34 yes the slide weight makes for a softer shooter

My 19 and 17? I don’t notice a difference

Why do competition shooters run lighter slides? I thought a lighter slide was easier to track.

boombotz401
01-02-18, 21:04
Why do competition shooters run lighter slides? I thought a lighter slide was easier to track.

Most are loading to minimum power factor, lighter springs and slides track faster with the lighter loads

124gr= 1030
147= 855

YVK
01-03-18, 00:05
Power factor is not a factor, pun intended, here. Slide lightening started in Limited and Open which are major power factor divisions. For any given power factor, assuming that the recoil spring is selected appropriately, lighter slides have lesser forward momentum and less front sight bounce when gun returns into the battery. Competition shooters, good ones that is, process visual information faster and are ready to shoot sooner then the rest. They want front sight to come back faster and not to dip and bounce so they can shoot earlier. Heavier slides, again coupled with appropriate springs, might help with perception of recoil but tend to come back slower yet create more sight bounce at the front end.

Moose-Knuckle
01-03-18, 03:45

I think I'll just send one of my G17s off to a smith to get the "7" ground off and a "9" itched in it's place.

I might even go all out and have "G19 X Gen 6 9mm" put on it then post pictures on GT and set back and watch the world burn. That or sell it on gunbroker for $10K.

RHINOWSO
01-03-18, 07:48
All I want are those FDE 19-round magazines
Yes indeed.

ramairthree
01-03-18, 08:56
One thing that does make me chuckle,
Is the mag compatibility issue that has popped up.

Did Glock borrow a page from Beretta’s manual?

jerrysimons
01-03-18, 08:56
Or, in 34-sized holsters. Effectively building a Roland Special with a full-sized grip that fits into a standard Glock 34 holster.

Yeah. Slightly less concealable than a true RS, the original concept was to pack as much primary carry smack down into a concealable package as possible, but this gun is the ticket for a full sized RS concept, where one who can conceal this size easily or does not prioritize concealment as highly.

I know Gen 5 glocks are not compatible with Gen 4 threaded barrels. Maybe KKMs gen 5 Comp barrels will be along shortly.

With a threaded barrel the G19X is the ultimate suppressor host from Glocks lineup.

The G19 has borderline too small grip when shot suppressed. And that is with bare hands or thin gloves, with more substantial gloves the grip really is too small. G17 has unnecessarily long slide/barrel for suppressed use, so G19X probably hits the sweet spot.

G19X might also be the optimal gun for winter: with insulated gloves the G17 sized frame is much better for me, as I can always get a good grip, even with numb or snowy hands. Since I do not care for the longer G17 slide, G19X might offer the best balance of features.

Just make sure you use a cylindrical silencer and stay away from the SiCo Osprey or forget about using a WML.

hile
01-03-18, 09:27
I know Gen 5 glocks are not compatible with Gen 4 threaded barrels. Maybe KKMs gen 5 Comp barrels will be along shortly.

I picked up Gen4 factory G17/19 Threaded Barrels just because when they were in stock at Brownells over the summer. Part of the reason why I will definitely have a G17Gen4 in the stable. My first Gen5 will probably be a G34MOS Blue label when my next GSSF coupon comes in.

hile
01-03-18, 09:37

Did Glock borrow a page from Beretta’s manual?

That's annoying to say the least. That said, from what I can tell, most resellers are still shipping Gen 4 mags (brownells, Midway, at least.) Do people see benefit to the Gen5 followers at all? If one can just swap out the followers and get any benefits that may exist to the newer mags, then no problem with buying Gen4 mags, at least from my point of view.

3ACR_Scout
01-03-18, 09:41
They must have developed the MHS before they come up with the Gen 5 magazine base plate design. You could always just lop off that little lip on the front of the G19X grip - that would be incredibly easy to do compared to all the other frame work that Glock folks do.

F22raptor
01-03-18, 09:42
Seems Glock is trying to get ahead of the anticipated decline from the MHS loss to SIG by saturating the market with more selection. A good move, but where are the MOS version of the Gen5s and 19X?

TacticalFun
01-03-18, 10:00
Seems Glock is trying to get ahead of the anticipated decline from the MHS loss to SIG by saturating the market with more selection. A good move, but where are the MOS version of the Gen5s and 19X?

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkG34 mos gen 5 already announced.

Lincoln7
01-03-18, 14:16
Exactly. I get that some people like the Glock backstrap hump, but many do not. Why not make it part of an interchangeable backstrap option?
For me, I perform grip reductions on all my Glocks and have been very content with the results

RHINOWSO
01-03-18, 14:22
Seems Glock is trying to get ahead of the anticipated decline from the MHS loss to SIG by saturating the market with more selection.

What decline? They never had the business (Army handgun contract), so what loss for Glock?

And Beretta had it before SIG.... ;) And heck, Beretta is still delivering M9s to the US Military to this day! :D

Firefly
01-03-18, 15:32
Yeeaaahh.....

Until see 320s in the same abundance as M9s it isnt exactly a done deal.

CAVDOC
01-03-18, 20:19
Exactly. I get that some people like the Glock backstrap hump, but many do not. Why not make it part of an interchangeable backstrap option?
For me, I perform grip reductions on all my Glocks and have been very content with the results
I myself have always much preferred a curved backstrap and felt the return of the flat mainspring housing on the 1911 was a step backward negatively ( they developed the arched in the 1920’s to improve 1911 ergonomics after all) along with the short trigger ( which has been abandoned again sadly as well) which is much better suited to a wider assortment of users.

seb5
01-03-18, 21:09
I just got the blue label price today of 533.50 plus tax. For that, with tritium I'm in. I'll have it by the end of the month. I carry a 23 daily because I have to. My personal favorite is a 19. I bought both my kids and wife a 19 when they got thier CCW but for that price I'll be the guinea pig. I will never carry it but it will either reside in my nightstand or gun safe. If I don't like it I'll sell it and get a Gen 5 to go with the 3's and 4's I own.

TacticalFun
01-04-18, 12:02
Was tired of waiting and made my own todayhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/63a83c418bd7bf3ab3cd1d3dc96b0bd5.jpg

MountainRaven
01-04-18, 14:04
What decline? They never had the business (Army handgun contract), so what loss for Glock?

And Beretta had it before SIG.... ;) And heck, Beretta is still delivering M9s to the US Military to this day! :D

SiG needed the MHS contract a lot more than Glock did.

boombotz401
01-05-18, 09:18
Im in....preordered at a local shop for 533

Pickup on the 22nd

RHINOWSO
01-05-18, 09:22
SiG needed the MHS contract a lot more than Glock did.
Indeed.

To me it's a no brainer that Glock release a MHS contract gun - they invested $$$ into developing it and it's a sure seller in today's market.

Like it or not it's just business. Glock will continue to churn out tactical black / FDE tupperware, but they seem to have figured out that some flashy ceracote will also help them move guns.

As long as they don't go full retard like SIG several years ago, it's a win - win IMO.

Don't like the G19X? Simple solution. Don't buy it. :D

hile
01-05-18, 09:39
I don't know if I am going to buy one of these or not. I'll wait until I see one in a store. I am probably picking up a Gen4 G17 (used if I can find one) relatively soon, and my next blue label will bee the Gen5 G34 MOS.

Wolfhound86
01-05-18, 12:57
Im in....preordered at a local shop for 533

Pickup on the 22nd

Was that non-blue label pricing?

TacticalFun
01-05-18, 12:58
Was that non-blue label pricing?Non blue label will be about 699 retail

boombotz401
01-05-18, 12:58
Was that non-blue label pricing?

No that’s blue label

Standard pricing is 749

Wolfhound86
01-05-18, 13:01
At that price I think I will go for an RTF2 while they are still around.

TacticalFun
01-05-18, 13:04
At that price I think I will go for an RTF2 while they are still around.They just released a bunch of rtf2 frames. We received like 30 in different colors. Gunbroker has a bunch also

Linebacker
01-05-18, 14:15
They just released a bunch of rtf2 frames. We received like 30 in different colors. Gunbroker has a bunch also

How much do they sell for?

TacticalFun
01-05-18, 14:18
Copy copy copy

TacticalFun
01-05-18, 14:18
How much do they sell for?The complete 17 and 19 lowers are 229.99

LockenLoad
01-05-18, 16:03

lol yep

TacticalFun
01-05-18, 16:08
How much do they sell for?$229 for complete lowers

Wolfhound86
01-05-18, 16:30
Do you have a site?

TacticalFun
01-05-18, 16:31
Do you have a site?I dont sell on here. Go to gunbroker and search for rtf2 lower. There is a bunch on there.

VALG17
01-05-18, 18:11
Non blue label will be about 699 retail

Just pre-ordered one, non-Blue Label, for $630 from Bud's. Free shipping. Cash price.

TacticalFun
01-05-18, 18:15
Just pre-ordered one, non-Blue Label, for $630 from Bud's. Free shipping. Cash price.Thats not bad at all

BuzzinSATX
01-05-18, 18:36
I don't know if I am going to buy one of these or not. I'll wait until I see one in a store. I am probably picking up a Gen4 G17 (used if I can find one) relatively soon, and my next blue label will bee the Gen5 G34 MOS.

Why wouldn’t you buy both as Blue Label if you are able? Glock allows 2 BL purchased per year for qualified individuals. Hard to find a used gen4 for the $400 a BL gun costs.

Linebacker
01-05-18, 20:04
Just pre-ordered one, non-Blue Label, for $630 from Bud's. Free shipping. Cash price.

At that price, I am assuming they have night sights?

seb5
01-05-18, 20:22

Yes, standard

hile
01-05-18, 21:15
Why wouldn’t you buy both as Blue Label if you are able? Glock allows 2 BL purchased per year for qualified individuals. Hard to find a used gen4 for the $400 a BL gun costs.

I'm not blue label qualified by itself. I get one per year via GSSF coupon.

call_me_ski
01-05-18, 22:44
Is there any enforcement mechanism to limit you to two blue label guns a year?

hile
01-06-18, 07:38
Is there any enforcement mechanism to limit you to two blue label guns a year?

I don't see how there could be. When I went to the local distributor to redeem my GSSF coupon, people with normal blue label creds would get a copy of their ID stapled to the 4473 much the same as they do with my coupon. Mine, however, was a hard limit, as I only had one such coupon.

VALG17
01-06-18, 07:40

Yes. They come with Glock's steel night sights.

See:
http://www.weapon-blog.com/2018/01/glock-19x-specifications/

usmcvet
01-06-18, 13:04
That’s kind of a bummer. I was hoping it would be stamped “19 MHS” on the slide, but I also kind of expected something to prevent them from doing that. I like the color a lot better than the standard Glock tan (brown), and I also like the lip over the front of the magazine, as opposed to the notch on the Gen 5.

I'm very interested and glad it doesn't have the notch at the front of the mag well. What's the purpose of the lip? Will that interfere with magazines with Vickers base plates?

usmcvet
01-06-18, 13:09
I’ll be getting one no matter what. But yes a 17 slide on a 19 frame would have been better.

I disagree but may be in the minority. My hands are huge; the G19 grip is too small for me. This is perfect especially with no dang finger groves! What's up with the lip on the grip?

Why do you guys want forward serrations? I don't see the point. Is it for press checks? Sounds like a way to blow a booger picker off.

Yes yes yes! I've always felt this way. There is no point for the Glock 17 to exist. The 19 can do everything the 17 can do, and if you're going up in size from the 19 then you deserve a longer sight radius and a muzzle that sits flush with a flashlight like the 34.

That's why I carried a G35. The extra length in the holster was a PITA with the seatbelt in my cruiser.

call_me_ski
01-06-18, 13:54
I'm very interested and glad it doesn't have the notch at the front of the mag well. What's the purpose of the lip? Will that interfere with magazines with Vickers base plates?

Vickers base plates work fine according to James of TFBTV.

usmcvet
01-06-18, 22:46
Vickers base plates work fine according to James of TFBTV.

Thanks. It’s the new Gen5 Factory Glock magazines that won’t fit.

dhnut1973
01-07-18, 06:32
Whatever you ex-11/now-soft skills say to justify quitting.

That’s so true, and funny as hell. When I showed up at my recruiting BN for recruiting duty, wearing my blue cord, guys came out of every where to explain why they converted from 11B to 79R.

VALG17
01-07-18, 06:59
Thanks. It’s the new Gen5 Factory Glock magazines that won’t fit.

But, to be precise, it is the baseplate on the Gen 5 that keeps them from fitting. Remove it. Replace it with non-Gen 5 baseplate, they fit.

usmcvet
01-07-18, 10:52
But, to be precise, it is the baseplate on the Gen 5 that keeps them from fitting. Remove it. Replace it with non-Gen 5 baseplate, they fit.

Yes. It still surprises me. Any idea what the point of that lip is?

ritepath
01-07-18, 12:36

So if I lose 2 pounds, that makes my CZ P-01 weigh nothing?

methical20
01-07-18, 16:21
I'd like to see if a Gen. 4 magwell would fit on this if you remove the front lip and lanyard loop.

joffe
01-07-18, 17:36
Yes. It still surprises me. Any idea what the point of that lip is?

Combination of front strap cutout and the 'lip' on the magazine enables stripping a magazine if, for whatever reason, it was stuck. Mud, debris, perhaps?

usmcvet
01-07-18, 17:45
Combination of front strap cutout and the 'lip' on the magazine enables stripping a magazine if, for whatever reason, it was stuck. Mud, debris, perhaps?

The more I think about it the dumber it gets. Can you imagine Colt making an AR that didn’t accept all Factory Colt AR magazines!

boombotz401
01-07-18, 17:47
Clearly it was an oversight, I’d rather they just say they F’d up and get a laugh about it

Not saying anything just makes them look sloppy and doesn’t say much for there QC

shiv
01-07-18, 17:50
I think this is going to be a winner of a pistol for those that like collecting military clones or special editions. I bet it’s one of the best shooting pistols in the Glock line, as well. The small gain in sight radius between the G19 and the G17 is marginal at best for most. Additionally, with the new cutout, the G19 Gen 5 is a no-go for some.

usmcvet
01-08-18, 06:12
I plan to buy one. The grip length fits me well.

PLCedeno
01-09-18, 05:50
I think this is going to be a winner of a pistol for those that like collecting military clones or special editions. I bet it’s one of the best shooting pistols in the Glock line, as well. The small gain in sight radius between the G19 and the G17 is marginal at best for most. Additionally, with the new cutout, the G19 Gen 5 is a no-go for some.
The last sentence is spot on for me.

Jmedic_
01-09-18, 12:18
I plan to buy one. The grip length fits me well.

I’m in the same boat as you. Only reason I haven’t pre-ordered it, is because I’m moving out of state shortly and am unsure about where I’ll be to pick it up! 😄 I like my G19/5, with the henning mag extension (about G17 length) my lanky booger pickers get a perfect purchase on the grip. So, I’m actually looking forward to getting the 19X, and I don’t care who doesn’t approve haha.

HeruMew
01-09-18, 12:37
Buds just sent and email this AM. Looks like $630 or so.

I dunno, it has night sights too. So, save a little scratch there.

I won't be buying one.

I thought LEO would love this for the increased capacity but the draw of a 19. But, some LEO pointed out that no police department will adopt a Desert Tan gun.

dhnut1973
01-09-18, 12:50

I won't be buying one.

I thought LEO would love this for the increased capacity but the draw of a 19. But, some LEO pointed out that no police department will adopt a Desert Tan gun.

I saw a LEO in north Alabama with an FDE pistol in his holster. I don’t know if it was dept issue or not though. I can’t remember what brand it was or the dept.

boombotz401
01-09-18, 12:53
I’ve been exclusively carrying my 19 with a 17rd mag to see how I like it on and off duty

(I’m not a LEO but required to carry at work)

I do like the extra 2 rounds and tough to tell much else since it’s still the 19 grip

Off duty concealed it hides plenty well enough in an OWB pancake 15 degree cant from Wright’s leather works

I did find carrying the 17 in a crossbreed was a bit annoying however

Holster choice is key I believe

Watrdawg
01-09-18, 13:42
I don't like the looks if this and earlier said I won't be buying one of them. However, I'm guilty of poopooing this concept and actually having a weapon in the same guise. The M&P 45 Midsize is this exact same concept. 4" slide and fullsize frame. I love my Middy but I don't carry it because of the grip size. I carry my G19 pretty exclusively.

SOWT
01-09-18, 15:34
That wasn't a requirement of the MHS program.

I don't like the looks if this and earlier said I won't be buying one of them. However, I'm guilty of poopooing this concept and actually having a weapon in the same guise. The M&P 45 Midsize is this exact same concept. 4" slide and fullsize frame. I love my Middy but I don't carry it because of the grip size. I carry my G19 pretty exclusively.

I actually replaced my midsize M&P .45 with a G19.
I am looking forward to seeing the at SHOT, and will probably replace my M&P with a G19X.

Todd.K
01-09-18, 16:03
I guess my main problem is Glock spent time making a "kinda clone" with no safety. When they could have just made the gen5 19 and 17 slides and frames interchangeable. Then the "kinda clone" could have just been a tan gen5 with a lanyard and no mag compatibility problems.

usmcvet
01-09-18, 16:16
I guess my main problem is Glock spent time making a "kinda clone" with no safety. When they could have just made the gen5 19 and 17 slides and frames interchangeable. Then the "kinda clone" could have just been a tan gen5 with a lanyard and no mag compatibility problems.

Yeah the mag compatibility is strange. I don't have a Gen 5 so it's not an issue. I have lots of Glock and Pmag G17 magazines.

01-09-18, 21:41

I won't be buying one.

FDE Glocks in cop holsters all over Texas ever since they first came out.

HeruMew
01-10-18, 07:40
FDE Glocks in cop holsters all over Texas ever since they first came out.

Good to hear!

I figured we'd see some individuals that worked from some Departments that were a bit more lax on the officers choosing their own weapons would. It would make me giggle to high-hell if some dept in the USA adopted it as their duty weapons they assign out.

Nonetheless, thanks for the rapport. I had thought LEO would love this design. CCW, exactly opposite of what we want.

But, LEO? They might just love this damned thing.

LDB
01-10-18, 10:35
Ok, I confess right up front to a short attention span. I've read and skimmed some but only see comments of mag compatibility, never explanations of it. What exactly is the issue and to which models?

Todd.K
01-10-18, 10:51
Am I missing a shorter light option or overestimating the percentage of LE that use a weapon mounted light?

For me a full size pistol always has an X300 attached.

Jmedic_
01-10-18, 11:00
Ok, I confess right up front to a short attention span. I've read and skimmed some but only see comments of mag compatibility, never explanations of it. What exactly is the issue and to which models?

Basically the Gen 5 mags don’t work because of the baseplate. But all you need to do is swap the factory baseplate with one that’s compatible with the 19X

boombotz401
01-10-18, 11:04
10-8 magpul vickers OEM non gen 5 all work

TTI extension works with lanyard removed

Mjolnir
01-10-18, 19:32

Bingo!

For me this makes more sense than the Gen 5 Model 17. Neither would be able to be carried AIWB in the summer here in the Deep South but strong side IWB and OWB? Yep.

A 19 WILL conceal better but I don't care. I like this for it's geometry and for what it is.

I'll bet it's great to shoot as well.

Reminds me of the P30, VP9, FN 509 and a few others. And they are all great handling pistols.

Mjolnir
01-10-18, 19:40
I'm not blue label qualified by itself. I get one per year via GSSF coupon.

Looking for my GSSF coupon... Will call them tomorrow.

Mjolnir
01-10-18, 19:42
The more I think about it the dumber it gets. Can you imagine Colt making an AR that didn’t accept all Factory Colt AR magazines!

E-Mags vs P-Mags, anyone?

PatrioticDisorder
01-10-18, 21:37

You just sold me on it.

01-11-18, 06:39
Am I missing a shorter light option or overestimating the percentage of LE that use a weapon mounted light?

For me a full size pistol always has an X300 attached.

The Insight APL-C is pretty short. Not sure yet if its worthy of a duty gun.

hile
01-11-18, 07:36
Looking for my GSSF coupon... Will call them tomorrow.

It was April/May when I got my initial (lifetime) membership last year. Do they send them all out at the beginning of the year in subsequent years, or do they send them around the time of one's anniversary?

Mjolnir
01-11-18, 11:13
It was April/May when I got my initial (lifetime) membership last year. Do they send them all out at the beginning of the year in subsequent years, or do they send them around the time of one's anniversary?

Not sure. I've been busy all morning. I'll call after lunch.

WickedWillis
01-11-18, 11:59
The Insight APL-C is pretty short. Not sure yet if its worthy of a duty gun.

The new 500 Lumen Streamlight TLR7 that will officially be unveiled at SHOT looks like a winner as well. Sits flush on a Glock 19. I have a real hard time truly trusting anything from Inforce the past few years. YMMV

Angry Driver
01-12-18, 07:13
Mine have been around the anniversary date. I signed up in July. Getting a regular red label 19X when they come out, will probably get a Gen 5 26 sometime after, and thinking I may use my GSSF coupon this year for a Gen 5 34.

hile
01-12-18, 09:16
Angry Driver, you sound like me. I will at least check out the 19X. And I think my GSSF coupon this year will be a Gen 5 34 MOS.