PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone else be in bed before the "countdown" tonight?

ABNAK
12-31-17, 21:04
My days of painting the town are long gone. No desire to actually. I can sip on some high-end bourbon and a few brewskis right here at the homestead. No drunken idiots, no freezing my ass off, no DUI's. Wife is working. I'll slap some of my favorite pizza in the oven before too long (brought it back from Ohio when we went back for Christmas). Then it'll be off to Never-Never Land.

Guess that's what getting old does to ya! But it takes you gently, as in I don't care if I'm at home and don't feel like I'm missing something by not being out. Now back in the day? Jeesh......:cool:

nimdabew
12-31-17, 21:26
I am laying in bed typing this... I am going to screen shot the national debt clock at midnight EST though and continue to do that every New Years for funsies.

davidz71
12-31-17, 21:41
15 degrees right now and may make it to 7 degrees by morning. A little bit of American Honey and I will be in bed by 10 p.m.

ABNAK
12-31-17, 21:44
15 degrees right now and may make it to 7 degrees by morning. A little bit of American Honey and I will be in bed by 10 p.m.

I'm NW of Nashville so I feel your weather pain! I could go for a little global warming (oops, climate change) right now!

rero360
12-31-17, 21:47
I was asleep by 9:30 and slept right through it ( in Qatar) Even if I was home with the wife, we’d most likely be asleep before midnight.

sjc3081
12-31-17, 21:49
Yes watching They Help on CMT than bed.

NYH1
12-31-17, 21:55
I stay home on new years eve. To many drunks out tonight. Don't want to get killed.

I'll probably be up til midnight. I did some plowing today, so if my back starts bothering me more I'll have to lay down....then I'll prolly be out like a light.

NYH1.

Alex V
12-31-17, 22:00
We will make it to midnight but be in bed soon there after I'm sure.

MegademiC
12-31-17, 22:47
My days of painting the town are long gone. No desire to actually. I can sip on some high-end bourbon and a few brewskis right here at the homestead. No drunken idiots, no freezing my ass off, no DUI's. Wife is working. I'll slap some of my favorite pizza in the oven before too long (brought it back from Ohio when we went back for Christmas). Then it'll be off to Never-Never Land.

Guess that's what getting old does to ya! But it takes you gently, as in I don't care if I'm at home and don't feel like I'm missing something by not being out. Now back in the day? Jeesh......:cool:

What pizza?

Wife and I went out for a drink and desert earlier, came home and talked and had another round. She’s asleep now and I’m about to join. We have cool stuff we want to do tomorrow.

We’re both in our 20’s

militarymoron
12-31-17, 22:56
I might make it to midnight if I'm not done binge watching season 4 of 'Black Mirror' on netflix.

NYH1
12-31-17, 23:17
I made it! :happy:

NYH1.

26 Inf
12-31-17, 23:28
Nope, heading in at 11:27.

Best wishes for a safe, happy, and prosperous New Year to you all!

NYH1
12-31-17, 23:36
Nope, heading in at 11:27.

Best wishes for a safe, happy, and prosperous New Year to you all!
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/58660480/right-back-atcha.jpg

NYH1.

T2C
12-31-17, 23:36
-9.4 degrees. Turning in.

Diamondback
01-01-18, 01:07
I cheat... I have a laptop on my nightstand, so I'm already tucked in. Unless I need to be presentable for a Webex or a certain book that isn't close at hand, other than dealing with the Old Crab's care needs my commute can be as short as "roll over and put hands on keyboard"... :D

Firefly
01-01-18, 01:15
I'm sitting outside, inna cold debating where I feel like sleeping if at all.

I dread every new year. I lose 'friends', lovers, and at least one or two people I know go off and die on me every year.

meh...

AKDoug
01-01-18, 01:21
Won't be watching the countdown.. but I'll be up. Binge watching Breaking Bad since I'm 5 years behind the rest of the world. Waiting for my year end reports to run at my business.

Diamondback
01-01-18, 01:24
Dear 2017, Alpha Mike Foxtrot, your Ace of Spades for Pacific Time hits the table in about thirty minutes.

Tick, tick, tick...

Firefly
01-01-18, 01:30
lol nobody cares about the Left Coast.

Its already tomorrow in Australia.

The left coast is ate up with communism and is on the ass end of the International Dateline.

Everybody else is in the future and making it happen. And like they gonna act like the world is waiting on them.

Eastern Time is the most Chad time zone ever. Not too soon, Not too late, Always on time, Never outta date!

Diamondback
01-01-18, 01:33
Wouldn't be so bad if the damn Californicators woulda stayed where they belonged, rather than providing growth-medium to the twin cancerous tumors of Seattle and Portland...

elephant
01-01-18, 01:40
Netflix has every single episode of "the Joy of painting with Bob Ross" and that is what I have been watching for 2 straight days!! 2017 was a year that brought a lot of loss. I'm hopeful that GOD has a plan and that plan will be ushered in this next year. 2018!!!!!

Firefly
01-01-18, 01:44
Well us Chads in the good part of America can enjoy guns, V8 engines, and relatively less street bummery.

Like we handle ours. Alabama stays in Alabama....or else.

I still have a 48 Star Flag because I refuse to recognize Kentucky and Alabama.

WillBrink
01-01-18, 08:02
Was in bed by 10. No cares. Woke up to find the planet still here.

skywalkrNCSU
01-01-18, 08:46
I might make it to midnight if I'm not done binge watching season 4 of 'Black Mirror' on netflix.

Man I don’t know how you can binge that show. One episode a night is enough for me. Watched Crocodile last night and that was a brutal one. Amazing show though.

gaijin
01-01-18, 08:59
My biological clock has been; asleep by 10 PM, up at 4:30 AM for 30 years.
And I loathe "Holidays".

Best wishes for 2018.

militarymoron
01-01-18, 12:42
Man I don’t know how you can binge that show. One episode a night is enough for me. Watched Crocodile last night and that was a brutal one. Amazing show though.

Oh I can't get enough of 'em. :)

militarymoron
01-01-18, 12:46
Netflix has every single episode of "the Joy of painting with Bob Ross" and that is what I have been watching for 2 straight days!!

I'll never watch Bob Ross again without thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FvFjyAwHxI

Arik
01-01-18, 13:29
I always have something on New year's. I'm not out painting the town but someone somewhere is having a party. This year it was at my uncle's. There were probably 15 of us eating, drinking, having a good time. I got home around 5:30

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ABNAK
01-01-18, 13:56
I'll never watch Bob Ross again without thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FvFjyAwHxI

Have you seen the Steven Crowder one where he paints Mohammed? Classic!

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PpE15yh58

SteyrAUG
01-01-18, 14:30

Haven't got to that one yet. Just finished "The Crown" and finally getting back into Lilyhammer. With the move I now have Netflix streaming and a whole world of programing just became available to me. It's like back in 1980 when you first got cable TV and watched it all night long.

BoringGuy45
01-01-18, 15:46
The only good development of 2017 was that ISIS was destroyed. Other than that, it was a shitty year in a line of nearly a decade of shitty years. I don't have much hope for 2018. No point in celebrating it.

Plus, I was on duty last night, and the inmates in my section were especially bad.

militarymoron
01-01-18, 15:54
Have you seen the Steven Crowder one where he paints Mohammed? Classic!

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PpE15yh58

That was good.

skywalkrNCSU
01-01-18, 15:56
Oh I can't get enough of 'em. :)

It’s definitely one of my favorite shows but man they are heavy. The only one I didn’t really like from all the seasons was the Waldo episode, that one didn’t pack a punch like the others. White Bear or White Christmas might be my favorites.

soulezoo
01-01-18, 18:05
I stayed up. Went to bed right after. If I went to bed early, no biggie. The entertainment SUCKKKSSSS (can't emphasize that enough) on TV now. Anyone remember when you could start watching a New Years program from 7 or 8 on? And it was good? I really miss Guy Lombardo even if his music wasn't my thing.

2016-17 were progressively good to me. Looking for more improvement in 2018. Lots of good developments. From a wonderful wife to finding my lost brothers and sisters after 54 years, to snagging a bottle of 20 y.o. Pappy Van Winkle. I do hate getting older though. From the aches and pains to the deterioration of shooting skills as I age... but I have a much better appreciation for the finer things in life and can generally afford them better.

Life is good right now. Thank you Lord. I really mean that.

Firefly
01-01-18, 18:18
I got laid and hung at Krystal until like....0500 and slept all day and am now watching Fuller House and daaayyum them girls got old.

Anyways 2018 is going to suck ass.

Call me in 2019 when Blade Runner blasters go on sale

ETA

This year is when all the babies born in the year 2000 can vote and could star in skin flicks legally.

Congratulations, you're OLD.

Like I still sometimes think 1990 was 10 years ago.

Hope y'all did something with them 18 years and didnt fck around and piss it away.

Like....I think the only NYEs I ever cared about was 1990 because it seemed like tge future was 10 years away and Y2K because I sorta hoped the Revelations would happen. They didnt and I ended up staying at this chick's house.

After that it was just another day

DOUBLE ETA: Y2K was fun because EVERYBODY blasted Prince's 1999 like all day. It was the last time you could legitimately play that song without being looked at like an old fogey

Like "Party like it's 1999" used to carry some weight.

Now you sound like a jackass if you say it.

Dist. Expert 26
01-01-18, 19:46
The wife and I hung out in the hot tub till 5 minutes before the ball drop. It was about 15° and snowing up here so getting out sucked, but oh well.

Got some, passed out and tried to fight off the hangover today.

2017 was pretty good to me, and 2018 should be better. I'm still adapting to not being poor but I think I'll nail it down this year.

soulezoo
01-01-18, 22:01
The only good development of 2017 was that ISIS was destroyed. Other than that, it was a shitty year in a line of nearly a decade of shitty years. I don't have much hope for 2018. No point in celebrating it.

Plus, I was on duty last night, and the inmates in my section were especially bad.
No need to be nihilistic.
Hillary was not president. That alone made 2017 worthwhile.
Look around yourself and be grateful for the blessings we have.
It can change quickly.