PDA

View Full Version : 5.56 blanks

Augee
10-25-06, 21:47
Just out of curiousity, is it possible to buy blanks in 5.56 to train with in situations where I might not want to risk actually using live ammo? If so, is it cheap and plentiful? Or more expensive than its worth? I saw somewhere BFA's that run about $17, so it wouldn't been too much trouble to spring for one, but then again, that's seventeen dollars wasted, if I can't get lots of blanks for cheap.

Any opinions on this? Is it worth it to buy a BFA and some blanks? Or should I just stay with ranges and live ammo?

Thanks,
~Augee

KevinB
10-25-06, 22:19
Blanks sucks.

They are not useful for any training.

PLUS they burn hotter and lead to quicker throat errosion

Nitrox
10-26-06, 09:20
Blanks sucks.

They are not useful for any training.

PLUS they burn hotter and lead to quicker throat errosion

They work great with my gold ball adapter.

Harv
10-27-06, 16:51
The old use I have found for blanks are to add to my mags for IAD training as they are a cheap disposable Dummy rd. Since I "acquired" a few during my years of employment with my Uncle Sugar. But that's about it. I would not personally seek more out or use them for anything else.

ROSS4712
10-27-06, 18:18
The old use I have found for blanks are to add to my mags for IAD training as they are a cheap disposable Dummy rd. Since I "acquired" a few during my years of employment with my Uncle Sugar. But that's about it. I would not personally seek more out or use them for anything else.

SAME THING HE SAID!:)

If you are looking for just training type rounds for immediate action or remedial action drill blanks work fine. I also use these and they are a whole lot cheaper than some of the other dummy rounds out on the market today. They are also easier to find on the ground than blanks if you are on an open dirt or grass range.

http://stactionpro.net/store/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=ff3da4971d24103a28864b05bb6bd4fa