PDA

View Full Version : Which Geissele trigger for Noveske SPR?

hk51pdx
10-14-08, 10:50
Hi.

I would like to replace my Noveske SPR trigger with something better, and the Geissele (http://www.geissele.com/) triggers seem to be what i want. But i'm a little confused by the choices. I see four different triggers are available, at least in theory. There are the Match, Service, and DMR triggers which go for $279 each, and then there is the SSA two-stage for $145 (almost non-existent due to being backordered).

I'm leaning toward the DMR, but i would like to hear from others who use it, especially if you have the additional benefit of having used the Match or Service triggers as well. I expect that the differences are more subtle than pronounced.

The use of the rifle is for range practice, with a little varmint/predator use as the opportunity arises. And of course, if the masses try to come to my cave, it will help to keep them away as well. :rolleyes:

bullitt5172
10-14-08, 12:48
Hi.

I would like to replace my Noveske SPR trigger with something better, and the Geissele (http://www.geissele.com/) triggers seem to be what i want. But i'm a little confused by the choices. I see four different triggers are available, at least in theory. There are the Match, Service, and DMR triggers which go for $279 each, and then there is the SSA two-stage for $145 (almost non-existent due to being backordered).

I'm leaning toward the DMR, but i would like to hear from others who use it, especially if you have the additional benefit of having used the Match or Service triggers as well. I expect that the differences are more subtle than pronounced.

The use of the rifle is for range practice, with a little varmint/predator use as the opportunity arises. And of course, if the masses try to come to my cave, it will help to keep them away as well. :rolleyes:

I have (2) DMR's, a match, a SSA and a SSF from Geissele. All are excellent but if I had to choose one it would be the DMR (or SSA when they are more available). They are perfect for the Recce, SPR etc. I love the match but it is set at just under 2 lbs total and a little light for anything but bench work. Remember that all three Hi-Speed triggers are the same other than the springs, you can buy (IIRC) the other springs from Geissele.

Eric
10-14-08, 23:50
The SSA is my choice. I prefer something non-adjustable for anything that might be put into service as a defensive weapon.

YVK
10-15-08, 12:32
One DMR and one SSA here; I personally prefer how my DMR feels.

rljatl
10-15-08, 12:47
One DMR and one SSA here; I personally prefer how my DMR feels.

Please expand on the differences between the DMR and SSA. I am interested in one of these two triggers.

Thanks.

YVK
10-15-08, 13:20
DMR is adjustable, SSA is not.

My DMR was installed by Rainier Arms, and it was adjusted, as John said, "until it felt about right". I don't feel any significant difference in pull poundage between the two, but DMR feels crisper.

I did forget to mention that I ended up using KNS pins with DMR due to persistent hammer pin walk.

hk51pdx
10-17-08, 16:13
Looks like the difficult to obtain SSA trigger is the leader so far, with the more readily available but twice as expensive DMR in a close second place. Thanks for voting and sharing your comments!

Jim

rljatl
10-17-08, 19:35
Has anybody heard anything about a Geissele SSA trigger for a Colt 6920 ( <1yr old - I assume it has large pins, right?)? I was told by ADCO that they won't be available for about a year!

Sabre675
10-17-08, 19:41
I love Geissele but, you will always be chasing inventory because they will always be out of stock. Demand is way too high. I'm just glad Adco had mine in stock.

Stickman
10-18-08, 22:50
The SSA is my choice. I prefer something non-adjustable for anything that might be put into service as a defensive weapon.

Same here, the SSA is flat out outstanding.