PDA

View Full Version : Qd for can, buffer issue?

glockycharms
01-01-18, 19:15
I built an 11.5 upper 5.56 with h2 buffer with zero issues. I have a can which I will eventually start using and I need to know what qd muzzle suppressor I will need for the can?

Do you think the h2 buffer will work or I need a lighther one?

ggammell
01-01-18, 19:32
What muzzle device you use depends on what suppressor you have. So do tell. And lighter buffer weights are usually not the way to go when adding the pressure from the suppressor. Usually it’s heavier. But see how your setup runs before
Just switching weights.

glockycharms
01-01-18, 20:23
It is a rugged design surge in 7.62, I may also need the piece that goes out front by muzzle on silencer since it’s setup for 7.62 or it doesn’t really matter?

ggammell
01-01-18, 20:33
You should only have to buy a 5.56 muzzle device. You can opt to change the front cap or not. Some people say the 7.62cap is louder than the 5.56. Some people say it doesn’t make a bit of difference.

glockycharms
01-01-18, 21:20
I take it plenty of people make that adapter to screw the can on to it. Is it called adapter qd or what? Do I look for one that says 5.56 or .223 or what?

dmd08
01-01-18, 22:04
I take it plenty of people make that adapter to screw the can on to it. Is it called adapter qd or what? Do I look for one that says 5.56 or .223 or what?

Did your can not come with one? It will be a Rugged device since its a Rugged can.

glockycharms
01-01-18, 22:12
No it did not and I am new to cans and so on, just trying to pick up a muzzle
Device now that will work with the can and doesn’t look stupid like some I have seen.
I prefer the stock one on it which is a BCM bird cage type But I don’t think they make that design. I hate flashy, prefer low key kiss design.

dmd08
01-01-18, 23:44
It's a little late to be picky about muzzle devices having already purchased the can.

https://www.silencershop.com/rugged-r3-flash-hiders.html

ggammell
01-02-18, 05:30
You don’t need anything that goes between the can and the muzzle device.

Buy muzzle device. Attach muzzle device. Attach can. Start blasting.

GH41
01-02-18, 07:12
No it did not and I am new to cans and so on, just trying to pick up a muzzle
Device now that will work with the can and doesn’t look stupid like some I have seen.
I prefer the stock one on it which is a BCM bird cage type But I don’t think they make that design. I hate flashy, prefer low key kiss design.

It should have came with a 30 cal MD unless you bought it used. It's probably screwed into the can. You need the 556 device. It will look the same but with smaller 1/2-28 threads to fit your barrel.