PDA

View Full Version : Glock Gen 5 G26 and G34

3ACR_Scout
01-02-18, 12:27
Here’s the TFB announcement, for those of you who were looking for these:

NEW! More Glocks for 2018 - The Glock 26 and Glock 34 MOS: Now in Gen 5 (https://youtu.be/Kic47HrRzxY)

Note that the Gen 5 G34 is MOS-only. I’m sure some people won’t be happy about that. The G26 looks good - I’d been thinking about getting a Gen 4, but I may need to look at the Gen 5.

boombotz401
01-02-18, 12:55
I’ll be waiting for a non mos myself...rather mill the slide if I decide

Guess my gen 4 26 is for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cathellsk
01-02-18, 13:28
It also doesn't have the slide cutout like previous 34s. In the article, per Glock, they re-engineered the material used to create the slide and it still has a good balancing point while handling.
I love my Gen5 17 & 19 and plan on the 26 for sure and maybe the 34 if a non MOS comes out.

sundance435
01-02-18, 13:36
It'd be great if they'd start putting more Gen 5 parts, like the new return spring thingy, to go along with releasing more Gen 5 models.

boombotz401
01-02-18, 13:38
I’m not surprised the MOS is first, it’s typical Glock as of late

Drop what we don’t really want first and “answer our prayers” later on

Too bad they didn’t come up with a better solution for the MOS mounting

CPM
01-02-18, 13:43
I thought the cutout was just to reduce weight so they could use the same recoil spring as a 17...

Firefly
01-02-18, 14:39
This is much better than that G19X abortion.

MOS dont make me no nevermind

hile
01-02-18, 14:47
I'm interested in the G34 MOS in Gen 5. The G26 has less appeal to me; I already carry a PPS M2 as my backup.

Wake27
01-02-18, 15:09
Holy balls, have the 34s always been that expensive? That and the 19X are getting into stupid territory for stock Glocks, unless street prices are always significantly lower.

shakazulu12
01-02-18, 15:18
Mandatory MOS versions makes it more. And yes, street price will probably be way lower.

Wake27
01-02-18, 15:54
I know they are for some brands, didn’t think Glock was one of them.

jpmuscle
01-02-18, 16:03
Glock is just retarded.

Pick a generation, put a well fit barrel in it and front slide serrations. Offer various sizes and calibers. But no they want to be like Sig and offer everything other than what is desired.

I’m shocked they haven’t put out a dragon chrome model yet

SteveL
01-02-18, 16:13
I've been wanting a 34 for a while, but have little interest in an MOS model, especially at that price. I wonder what blue label pricing will be like.

ETA: GT Distributors posted on FB that blue label pricing on the 34 will be $558.50 for standard sights and $636.00 for Ameriglo Bold sights.

KingsideRook
01-02-18, 16:17
I've been wanting a 34 for a while, but have no interest in a MOS model.

Same. If I can't have an RMR competently machined and fit to the slide, then I guess I'll be sticking with Gen 3 for now.

SteveL
01-02-18, 16:39
I do like that they did away with the cutout on the top of the slide on the 34.

Firefly
01-02-18, 16:59
An MOS plate wont kill you.

Forward serrations on a glock are a thing but not my thing.

I'm sure at some point they will do a non MOS.

If not, Gen 3 and Gen 4 34s abound.

I want this one to be straight irons only

boombotz401
01-02-18, 17:04

An MOS plate means I can’t mount an RMR the correct way and need to put 4 foot tall suppressor sights on to co witness

For those that go RDS only, sure

Firefly
01-02-18, 17:08
An MOS plate means I can’t mount an RMR the correct way and need to put 4 foot tall suppressor sights on to co witness

For those that go RDS only, sure

Maybe. I am just glad they have no finger grooves.

Life is a compromise.

You can have a fit girl with a gross mole on her back or a fat hambeast with a good personality.

Pick one

WickedWillis
01-02-18, 17:48

Bu Bu Bu muh press checks!

I really don't care for forward serrations unless you are running an optic, but that is just my feelings on it. I have them on several guns, the only one I had them done aftermarket on where a G17 I was getting milled for an RMR at the same time.

I am surprised they are not dropping the G34 MOS and standard Gen 5 model at the same time however. I find that odd.

The G26 Gen 5 is nice though. If I didn't have frame work done on the Gen 4 26 I bought last December I would be all over it.

Hoosier15
01-04-18, 13:51
I do like that they did away with the cutout on the top of the slide on the 34.

Same here, just ridiculous looking.

WickedWillis
01-04-18, 14:05
Same here, just ridiculous looking.

You could have gotten Gen 3's and 4's that way if you order the G34 "Tactical" from distributors fyi.

sundance435
01-04-18, 19:41
I had no idea they made previous 34s without the slide cutout prior to this. I'd have bought one if I knew that.

call_me_ski
01-04-18, 21:59
They didn't. Try googling Glock 34 tactical. Nothing. Not a single picture online of such a gun. I have never seen one listed in any distributor as a white, red, blue, orange or purple label.

shiv
01-04-18, 22:57
I’m in the market for a G34, and like the lack of finger grooves, but forcing me into an MOS version will not lead to me purchasing it. I suppose I’ll be waiting for a non-MOS or picking up a 3rd Generation if that doesn’t come.

call_me_ski
01-04-18, 23:02
Think of it as future proofing your Glock. The option to mount a sight exists if you want it in the future.

jpmuscle
01-04-18, 23:13
Think of it as future proofing your Glock. The option to mount a sight exists if you want it in the future.

If they want to do that put out a model with the Atom style mount that L&M does. You know, the correct way if utilizing a plate.

Firefly
01-05-18, 06:33
Just being devils advocate but from a commercial standpoint, Glock is actually smart to offer MOS. Most people are lazy and dont want to send their slides off to be milled.

They want to pop an RMR on it that same day.

I dont agree and would like the option to have it milled, but most people buying the pistols want what they want too.

Won't stop me from getting one as I plan to run it straight irons only.

I dont agree with Glock but can understand. I just lived under the oppression of finger grooves too long.

Walker_Texasranger
01-05-18, 08:48
I don’t know why you’d put a dot on a g34. Shorter slides are better for dots. So an MOS 34 is ultra bubba to me.

Maybe Carry Optics division where you want a longer barrel for velocity?

Nowski87
01-05-18, 09:05
While I don’t care for the Gen 5 34 I can see why Glock did what they did. Since the G 41 uses the same slide as the 34 but without the cut, you might as well get rid of it and simplify tooling. Also most people buy the 34 and the like as game guns so having just a MOS makes sense, you have the ability to just run irons if you want and if you decide to run carry optics or some other type division in USPSA or IDPA you are good to go too.

WickedWillis
01-05-18, 11:39
They didn't. Try googling Glock 34 tactical. Nothing. Not a single picture online of such a gun. I have never seen one listed in any distributor as a white, red, blue, orange or purple label.

This time last year I was in the process of ordering a Gen 4 34 and my dealer said he had both listed, and the tactical model did not have the cut out. That is where my information came from. I have never seen or handled one.

seb5
01-05-18, 20:46
Years ago I carried a 35 on call outs and bought a 34 for personal use. Over the years as my eyes changed I found the sight radius hindered me and sold them off for my current 23 and 19's. I'm all in with red dots on rifles but never had a desire to have one on a pistol as I always considered them for games and competition. Maybe some day I'll try one.

shiv
01-07-18, 14:50

If I want a red dot sight sight, I’ll have it milled so it is lower and a perfect fit. I’m unimpressed with MOS models.

hotrodder636
02-15-18, 09:39
Pardon my ignorance as I don’t have any RMRs on my pistols, but how/why is the MOS done wrong for RMR use?

Though I have no desire to use and RMR and therefore don’t need the MOS, I figured I can just run irons only.

Do the MOS models have better or worse resale/desire than standard?

hile
02-15-18, 09:52
hotrodder636, I think people want the red dot to sit lower. Me? I'll use the G34 MOS Gen5 once I get a blue label coupon.

WickedWillis
02-15-18, 10:56
Pardon my ignorance as I don’t have any RMRs on my pistols, but how/why is the MOS done wrong for RMR use?

Though I have no desire to use and RMR and therefore don’t need the MOS, I figured I can just run irons only.

Do the MOS models have better or worse resale/desire than standard?

hotrodder636, I think people want the red dot to sit lower. Me? I'll use the G34 MOS Gen5 once I get a blue label coupon.

Exactly what Hile said. I am very new into red dots on handguns but I have used a few of the MOS models and the height seemed more difficult for me to deal with. Add that to the fact that some RMR holsters simply don't work with it because of that, it's a nice option from the factory but milling by one of the good guys is the way to go.

hile
02-15-18, 11:25
I think the plus to the plate on the MOS-series pistols is that if one wants to change optics (say, from a DeltaPoint to an RMR-06), it's as easy as swapping the plate. Just like swapping from my T2 or Comp M5 to, say, a short dot or 1-8 on my carbine.

WickedWillis
02-15-18, 12:50
I think the plus to the plate on the MOS-series pistols is that if one wants to change optics (say, from a DeltaPoint to an RMR-06), it's as easy as swapping the plate. Just like swapping from my T2 or Comp M5 to, say, a short dot or 1-8 on my carbine.

Right. The unity tactical ATOM slide just does this job so much better than the MOS IMO.

hotrodder636
02-15-18, 20:17
Coupon?

And thank you and WickedWillis for your answer/thoughts.

hile
02-16-18, 04:53
Coupon?

And thank you and WickedWillis for your answer/thoughts.

I'm a GSSF Lifetime member. One of the perks of a multi-year GSSF membership is a coupon that allows one to purchase 1 pistol per year at blue label pricing.

HardToHandle
02-17-18, 06:23
Relative to the MOS height, my experience is that sight co-witness between irons and RDS aids the transition. There is discernible issue when the sight plane is different than the last 10k rounds you have shot. Some folks like roll with it, others do not.

There is also a psychological suspenders and belt thing around verifying the RDS and irons being in sync.

grizzlyblake
02-17-18, 09:18
I've carried a Gen 2.5 G27, Gen 3 G27, then Gen 4 G26. I think the non finger grooves on the Gen 5 G26 is a mistake. Quick draws from concealment with a flush mag are pretty sketch with those guns anyway and making them harder to index quickly is pretty dumb.

YVK
02-17-18, 15:15
What is "to index" and how do finger grooves help with doing it quickly?

grizzlyblake
02-17-18, 15:37
Snatch from you pants from under a shirt while moving and keeping eyes on a threat. Anything that helps a firm grip helps.

YVK
02-18-18, 12:44
So it ain't about index anything but about a firm grip. Does the groove help you to hold on to it better?

WickedWillis
02-19-18, 10:54
I've carried a Gen 2.5 G27, Gen 3 G27, then Gen 4 G26. I think the non finger grooves on the Gen 5 G26 is a mistake. Quick draws from concealment with a flush mag are pretty sketch with those guns anyway and making them harder to index quickly is pretty dumb.

Which is exactly why I slam my middle finger under the trigger guard to index and insure that I'm grabbing it proper at the start. I only have one Glock with finger grooves now, all of the other ones have been dremeled off because I prefer to not have them. YMMV, but I feel if you are getting a dominant sturdy grip, finger grooves don't help or hinder that.

Pi3
05-13-18, 15:48
Any idea when the gen 5, non-mos G 34 will be available?

opngrnd
05-13-18, 16:24
The G19-4 finger grooves actually fit my hand pretty well. I do know that the overall feel of the Gen 5 17 feels better for me, though. Since I don't have a 17, I'm going to try one in Gen 5 for a couple thousand rounds. I'm guessing I won't miss the finger grooves, but I don't know that I hate them either.

TRSTNG
05-15-18, 18:20
Hope they release the 19m for civilian purchase.

For all intents and purposes, they have.