View Full Version : So Much For life In Paradise

GH41
01-03-18, 13:27
Hilton Head Island. Today at 2:15 PM.
https://i.imgur.com/IlNgNtJ.jpg

Firefly
01-03-18, 14:17
Does Bill Nye know?

He said Global Warming denial is akin to Holocaust denial?

ABNAK
01-03-18, 14:20
According to the global warming (oops, "climate change" when it isn't getting warmer) idiots, GW/CH f****d with the polar vortex and unleashed this all on us. That's right, record setting Arctic cold and it's GW/CH. Go figure.

I swear they can come up with a load of bullshit for every cold snap.

AKDoug
01-03-18, 15:25
It was 47F in Anchorage Alaska yesterday. This is what happens when the jet stream shifts. Y'all down there get cold, we get warm.

Firefly
01-03-18, 15:33
It was 47F in Anchorage Alaska yesterday. This is what happens when the jet stream shifts. Y'all down there get cold, we get warm.

I bet you were sweating and dying of heat stroke

Dienekes
01-03-18, 15:51
Looking for mid-40s and sunny in Wyoming for the rest of the week.

Har-de-har.

AKDoug
01-03-18, 16:05
I bet you were sweating and dying of heat stroke

I'm actually sweating and dying of either pneumonia or bronchitis.. waiting for the test results to come in, but prescribed anit-biotics just in case. (not sure of the wisdom of this yet)... I'm north of there and only hit 35F in the morning.. back in the 20's by the end of the day.

ABNAK
01-03-18, 17:26
There isn't a snowflake on the ground here it's just cold as hell! South of here and north of here got snow, we just got deep-frozen.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-03-18, 18:02
It was in the 50s and sunny today in Denver. 60s by the weekend.

flenna
01-03-18, 18:12
My parents live on Lady's Island (Beaufort), said they got about 3 inches of snow. But then temps dropped, iced over and now the bridges are close.

docsherm
01-03-18, 18:14

Today was the first time in 4 days we were above 30 deg in the DFW Area of Texas. Today we got to a whopping 42 Deg according to my phone.

Anyone who is not FOR global warming needs to go to Fort Drum in January for a few days............

NYH1
01-03-18, 18:41
Today was the first time in 4 days we were above 30 deg in the DFW Area of Texas. Today we got to a whopping 42 Deg according to my phone.

Anyone who is not FOR global warming needs to go to Fort Drum in January for a few days............
Come on up and stay a while. It's like milk....it does the body good.

NYH1.

docsherm
01-03-18, 18:43
Come on up and stay a while. It's like milk....it does the body good.

NYH1.

I did 4.5 years there...... F#$& that!

_Stormin_
01-03-18, 18:46
Estimates are anywhere from four inches to almost a foot of snow here... I know that my luck means us being low enough on that scale to end up with a work day tomorrow vs a day off to relax! ;-)

Such is life.

NYH1
01-03-18, 19:01
Estimates are anywhere from four inches to almost a foot of snow here... I know that my luck means us being low enough on that scale to end up with a work day tomorrow vs a day off to relax! ;-)

Such is life.
How much snow do they get in your area before they start canceling things?

My uncle moved down to the Charlotte, NC area (Concord I think) in '93. He said soon after that, they got about 2 inches of snow and the whole city was shut down. He got in trouble for driving in it.

NYH1.

_Stormin_
01-03-18, 19:04

My uncle moved down to the Charlotte, NC area (Concord I think) in '93. He said soon after that, they got about 2 inches of snow and the whole city was shut down. He got in trouble for driving in it.

Man they abandon all hope at the threat of snow... Schools were closing early today at the threat of snow TONIGHT. Coastal Virginia is unprepared for flakes. My company, on the other hand, is a delightful collection of sadists that really hates us and couldn't care less. Checks keep clearing though...

flenna
01-03-18, 19:13
Man they abandon all hope at the threat of snow... Schools were closing early today at the threat of snow TONIGHT. Coastal Virginia is unprepared for flakes. My company, on the other hand, is a delightful collection of sadists that really hates us and couldn't care less. Checks keep clearing though...

Same thing here. If snow is even in the forecast they close the schools and there is a run on the grocery stores for milk and bread.

NYH1
01-03-18, 19:13
Checks clearing is important!

Do they get snow up in northwest Va., like around Winchester? I always like that part of Va.

NYH1.

_Stormin_
01-03-18, 19:16
Checks clearing is important!
#1 Priority - I work because I am willing to trade that time for money. Couldn't care less if my company "cares about me as an employee." All I care about is that they keep paying me more than other people are offering for the same work. ;-D

NYH1
01-03-18, 19:20
#1 Priority - I work because I am willing to trade that time for money. Couldn't care less if my company "cares about me as an employee." All I care about is that they keep paying me more than other people are offering for the same work. ;-D
Yep!

NYH1.

AKDoug
01-03-18, 19:42

NYH1. One of my buddies had to relocate to D.C. for a few years. His dream is a huge dump of snow shutting down D.C. so he can rally his snowmobile through town...

NYH1
01-03-18, 20:02
One of my buddies had to relocate to D.C. for a few years. His dream is a huge dump of snow shutting down D.C. so he can rally his snowmobile through town...
Them DC libtards will surely love that. That would commence the dems intercontinental ban on snowmobiles and other deemed non-military essential tracked vehicles.

NYH1.

austinN4
01-03-18, 20:36
Same in Austin but got a bit warmer this afternoon, mid 50s.

Bulletdog
01-03-18, 23:52
Its been 75-85 here every day since before Thanksgiving.

SteyrAUG
01-04-18, 00:59
In my new AO it's been pretty much 0 most of the week, up or down 5 depending on the sun.

_Stormin_
01-04-18, 04:12
LMFAO... Total white out here. My employer still lists normal operating hours as of 0430. My wife's company announced they were closing for the day at ten last night. Honestly, the snow isn't too bad, but the wind is gusting to 40+MPH with the snow and it's rather impressive.

NYH1
01-04-18, 16:46
Coming down good up here in Central New Yorkistan for the last few hours. Will be heading out to push some snow here pretty soon. Glad I have heat in the truck. Going to be getting -30/35° wind chill in the morning when I head back out. Global warming....stay warm boys!

NYH1.

Dist. Expert 26
01-04-18, 17:56
It was 10° when I got home from the gym at 1:30 this afternoon. I'm about over it. If I wanted this weather I'd still live up north.

ABNAK
01-04-18, 18:23
It was 10° when I got home from the gym at 1:30 this afternoon. I'm about over it. If I wanted this weather I'd still live up north.

I hear ya! I moved to TN from OH in 1996 to get away from this shit. Yeah, it gets cold here every winter for a short spell but this is ridiculous.

I know a guy from Ft. Campbell (101st) who starts SF Selection tomorrow at Camp McCall (right outside of Bragg). I was ribbing him this past weekend about it. That boy gonna be C-O-L-D!!!

sundance435
01-04-18, 18:39
I've been in the South several times when it's snowed or they had ice...you guys crack me up. It's been between -20 and +10 (ambient temp) for almost 10 days here with snow - just another winter north of The Wall. Trust me, it's not a source of pride, I'd move down there in a heartbeat, but it's still amusing.

Dist. Expert 26
01-04-18, 20:04
I've been in the South several times when it's snowed or they had ice...you guys crack me up. It's been between -20 and +10 (ambient temp) for almost 10 days here with snow - just another winter north of The Wall. Trust me, it's not a source of pride, I'd move down there in a heartbeat, but it's still amusing.

I grew up in Michigan man. Worked at a ski resort, plowed snow, the whole bit. I know all about cold. And unless I'm skiing I hate it.

01-04-18, 20:36
Highs in upper 30's and low 40's here in northern UT. Damn heat wave. Where is the snow? Resorts hating it.

I Want My Powder!

LoboTBL
01-04-18, 22:43
I'm a Florida Native and a Naturalized Texan. Spent a good portion of my youth in NoVa. Been to Alaska, Germany and Ft Campbell too. Hated every single winter in all of those places.

Suffice to say, if I walk outside and see my breath.... there is no good damn reason to be outside.

This is the first night here in Houston that we haven't dropped below freezing ALL YEAR!

jpmuscle
01-04-18, 23:34
Them DC libtards will surely love that. That would commence the dems intercontinental ban on snowmobiles and other deemed non-military essential tracked vehicles.

NYH1.

The retards on the dirt bikes and ATVs do it all the time and nothing is really done about it so a snowmobile would have it even easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elephant
01-05-18, 02:30

Did I read 47F and "warm" in the same sentence? 47 degrees is freezing!, the Titanic sank in warmer weather that that!!!

Pilot1
01-05-18, 06:54

That's not unusual for Denver in the winter. Plus it is usually sunny, and dry so it feels warmer. I loved the years I lived there.

Firefly
01-05-18, 07:09
When I was...a young boy....(naw, we aint doing MCR today)

But seriously, as a kid, snow was FUN. Snowball fights, snowmen, sledding, etc.

As an adult the cold literally hurts. At a certain age and if you broke a few bones; weather actually hurts.

If you've ever called off sex because of weather....congratulations. You're old.

"It'll warm up, come ooooon..."
"No, I'm just the right amount of warm. Go away".

Then you get these yuppies wearing pretentious college sweatshirts at age 30 running in the park in bicycle shorts, most of them balding.

And I am wearing my lined coat, gloves, scarf, and toboggan cap.

Yeah screw all that.

HCrum87hc
01-05-18, 07:40
My wife and I lived in Beaufort, just up the coast from Hilton Head, for three years after college. We say less than .5" of snow one time. I can't fathom seeing several inches of snow there. I had a buddy sending me videos of him pulling his daughter in a kayak behind their golf cart in the snow. Here I am in upstate SC just frigid without a single flake of snow. The state has flipped on his head.

pinzgauer
01-05-18, 07:46
I'm ready for some above freezing weather in Atlanta area.. been bitter cold for a week, single digits a couple of days.

This after 3 days without power with wx in the teens & 20s back before Christmas. Still have a bunch of cleanup to do from that, huge pine branches and trees curved at crazy angles.

Don't mind it being cold for a bit. Even below zero is okay occasionally. But this is more than a bit.