PDA

View Full Version : Midlength buffer system input needed.

Whiterabbit2u
01-05-18, 11:22
Too cold to shoot so it's maint. day in the gun room. I have an Aero Precision Mid length and it needs a new buffer spring. I'm seeing flat, braided, stainless, chrome silicon, std, extra power and all sorts of gizmos. I've narrowed it down to a Strike Ind. flat silicon or a Sprinco "blue". The rifle has a unmarked (std) buffer and I'm toying with the idea of going to a "H" weight buffer. I spotted a peebay seller selling the tungsten weights in a 3 pack. I believe the rifle is a hair over gassed, it sends casings way out there! I'm not a tier one Navy Seal Team Six Operator, this is my "Get off my Lawn!" gun. LOL!!
Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

markm
01-05-18, 11:38
H2 buffer and a USGI stainless spring will be optimal. I'm absolutely no fan of deviating from the spec spring.

Whiterabbit2u
01-05-18, 11:43
H2 really?? Hmmm. Hadn't thought about going that heavy. I'm with you on stock weight springs so maybe a std power silicon spring and a heavier buffer.

voiceofreason
01-05-18, 11:59

Hulkstr8
01-05-18, 13:26
markm hates sprinco hahaha, but his advice is really good.

I'm pretty sure IG recommends either a H or H2 w/ blue spring.

I would probably rock a H or H2 w/ sprinco white -I like close to spec, but am willing to try a blue for improvements.

Iraqgunz
01-05-18, 23:05
H2 will generally run in many midlengths. I would be looking at an H2 and blue Sprinco spring.

MistWolf
01-05-18, 23:42
H2 really??

Why not? It's the buffer Colt delivers the M4 to the military with and it's still lighter than a rifle buffer.

ww2farmer
01-07-18, 08:41
I have half a dozen midlengths from several mfgs. BCM, Aero, PSA, Delton factory uppers, and a couple home builds, one with a Faxon barrel, one with a Ballistic Advantage barrel, and they all run fine on 5.56 spec ammo, and most quality 223 ammo with standard carbine springs, H2 buffers,, and non adjustable gas blocks.

I often put a CAR buffer in the BCM, Aero, and Ballistic Advantage build when I am plinking with known 223 lower power brass cased ammo (PMC bronze), tula steel case, and my "indoor range plinking special" handloads which are pretty mild. As they are properly gassed and tend to not lock back intermittently with weak ammo. The PSA, Delton, and Faxon barrel build are over gassed, and run even the weak ammo fine on an H2.

nimdabew
01-07-18, 09:39
If you get a heavier buffer assembly, get an H3 and mix and match. Price difference is negligable between H2 and H3.

SiGfever
01-07-18, 15:21
I am running a "H" buffer and a Blue Sprinco spring in my Trooper. My LE6920 runs the standard "H" buffer and Colt buffer spring. My BCM runs an "H" buffer with a standard carbine spring which will be replaced to a Blue Sprinco spring.

n517rv
01-07-18, 15:39
I've had great luck with the Springco springs. Just ordered two Greens last week for A5 receiver extensions. Shipped very fast.

Dionysusigma
01-07-18, 17:54
KAK sells individual buffer weights so you don't need to buy a whole new buffer: https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/lower-parts/buffer-tubes-and-parts/buffer-weight-tungsten

BufordTJustice
01-12-18, 14:42
H2 will generally run in many midlengths. I would be looking at an H2 and blue Sprinco spring.

+1

Also from mucho experience.

OP, I have recently purchased from that eBay seller and had a great experience. Fast shipping, as described, and everything was in spec (dimensions and mass).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk