PDA

View Full Version : Man killed by explosive device in Sweden, no terrorism involved

AndyLate
01-07-18, 08:55
Deleted due to low knowledge base.

SomeOtherGuy
01-07-18, 09:59
IED of peace?

rocsteady
01-07-18, 10:23
IED of peace?

Exactly. You've coined a new term, maybe it will gain traction like "assault weapon."

CleverNickname
01-07-18, 10:51
IED of peace?

Well if it was a hand grenade then it's not really "improvised."

Firefly
01-07-18, 11:16
Why bend over backwards for "refugees" when they damn sure aint bending over backwards for you

Averageman
01-07-18, 11:38
The article I read said he bent down and attempted or did pick it up right before it exploded.
Either
A) He didn't attend the UXO briefing and we will be checking the roster for his name.
or
B) It was his grenade and he fumble fingered it, like fatally fumble fingered it.
If it had to happen, I will raise a toast in the hopes that it was choice "B".

Firefly
01-07-18, 11:42
The article I read said he bent down and attempted or did pick it up right before it exploded.
Either
A) He didn't attend the UXO briefing and we will be checking the roster for his name.
or
B) It was his grenade and he fumble fingered it, like fatally fumble fingered it.
If it had to happen, I will raise a toast in the hopes that it was choice "B".

If dude dropped a grenade, I am reminded of this documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIdOZsEubYc

Averageman
01-07-18, 11:56
Grenade range day in Basic Training was an insane combination of Gomer Pyle likes moves.
This of course resulted in someone smacking their head on a beam in the dug out as he attempted to move "At A Range Walk" resulting in the grenade (with pin still firmly in place) going over the guys head when he hit the dirt on his back.
The resulting "Pyle" up at the exit looked like a stomped tube of grenade armed tooth paste spooging out and on to the range.

I think the Range Safety Officer left with a heart murmur.