PDA

View Full Version : EAA source

MegademiC
01-07-18, 13:30
So after reading some stuff(mostly info Will has shared), im looking to replace the BCAA supplements my wife and i have been taking with Essential amino acids. The problem is all the ones i see have caffeine. Anyone offer essential aminos without “energy boosters?”

WillBrink
01-08-18, 08:47
So after reading some stuff(mostly info Will has shared), im looking to replace the BCAA supplements my wife and i have been taking with Essential amino acids. The problem is all the ones i see have caffeine. Anyone offer essential aminos without “energy boosters?”

Whey, highest BCAA content, close to ideal EEA profile. Don't over think it.

MegademiC
01-08-18, 12:31
Whey, highest BCAA content, close to ideal EEA profile. Don't over think it.

Already drinking 2 shakes per day, plus 4-5g creatine. Guess thats it?

WillBrink
01-08-18, 13:10

I'd say yes, you're more than GTG in terms of BCAA/EEA recs. Rest from whole foods and balanced nutri for the win

WillBrink
01-08-18, 13:11

I'd say yes, you're more than GTG in terms of BCAA/EEA recs. Rest from whole foods and balanced nutri for the win

TexasGunNut
01-08-18, 14:02

Seconded. I quit supplementing separate BCAAs two years ago and haven't lost a step.

WillBrink
01-08-18, 14:45
Seconded. I quit supplementing separate BCAAs two years ago and haven't lost a step.

Not only are they a waste of $ for vast majority of people, may even be counter productive as they are limited by the EEA availability anyway.

TexasGunNut
01-08-18, 15:15
I started spreading my protein intake, including whey, throughout the day instead of trying to cram it into three meals. I "feels better" but I don't know if the science backs me up. We seem to have debunked the 30 gram max absorption @ one time but I have other anatomical issues that limit my max single serving intake and I have significant malabsorption issues.

I try to get 90-180 grams/day to support a 190-200 lbs LBM.

Any science/advantages supporting spreading protein intake over the day?

WillBrink
01-08-18, 17:00
I started spreading my protein intake, including whey, throughout the day instead of trying to cram it into three meals. I "feels better" but I don't know if the science backs me up. We seem to have debunked the 30 gram max absorption @ one time but I have other anatomical issues that limit my max single serving intake and I have significant malabsorption issues.

I try to get 90-180 grams/day to support a 190-200 lbs LBM.

Any science/advantages supporting spreading protein intake over the day?

There's some logic to a steady supply of AA's over the day, but data continues to evolve. Best resource on all things protein and athletes:

International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: protein and exercise (https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-017-0177-8)

TexasGunNut
01-08-18, 18:57
Thanks Will. That was one of the best studies I’ve read in a long time.

MegademiC
01-09-18, 18:24
Good info guys, thanks. Im getting 170g protien from good sources (real food cooked at home) over the course of 5 meals.

Im not going over 2 shakes a day, just using them to keep my protien/calorie ratio down as im cutting this month.

WillBrink
01-10-18, 09:08
Thanks Will. That was one of the best studies I’ve read in a long time.

It's a position paper based on a meta analysis, and a damn good one as you can see. Anyone interested in sports nutri, etc, should join the ISSN FB page. I'm a mod there