PDA

View Full Version : KAC SR15 LPR MOD 2, KMOD AND MLOK

heavygunner8
01-07-18, 15:40
Does anyone know if the keymod verion have the KAC 2-stage match trigger like the Mlok does? Anyone know the buffer weights on these?

I was just looking at the description for it on buds, and I don't see the 2-stage match trigger mentioned for the keymod version. See the links below:

Keymod:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/719018370

Mlok:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/719018367

IraqVet1982
01-07-18, 17:54
Yes the keymod has a 2 stage trigger

https://www.knightarmco.com/pdf/2016minicatalog-website.pdf

Look up by model number

heavygunner8
01-08-18, 04:04
Thanks for the response!

Trijicon RMR mounted on an ACOG for the KAC LPR mod 2 or just an acog? I feel like an 18" is still short enough to be viable for HD or CQB

Wake27
01-08-18, 10:55
Thanks for the response!

Trijicon RMR mounted on an ACOG for the KAC LPR mod 2 or just an acog? I feel like an 18" is still short enough to be viable for HD or CQB

There’s not a lot of love for the ACOG here. Good optic, but limited in its function compared to much of the market now. That upper deserves a 1-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavygunner8
01-08-18, 11:03
There’s not a lot of love for the ACOG here. Good optic, but limited in its function compared to much of the market now. That upper deserves a 1-6.

I have a nightforce 2.5-10x42 with larue qd mount for another rifle. I can swap in between if needed. I do like the acog though

Stickman
01-08-18, 17:36

I think a lot of people here love the ACOG. While there are plenty of variable power scopes which are "better" for certain taskings, it is hard to take away from the known clean glass and durability of the ACOG.

Wake27
01-09-18, 01:03
I think a lot of people here love the ACOG. While there are plenty of variable power scopes which are "better" for certain taskings, it is hard to take away from the known clean glass and durability of the ACOG.

It is, I just feel like there are much better options for the money. If the ACOG was $5-600, it’d be more of a contender for me but at its price, I’d rather spend just a little more for a Razor HD and mount. Obviously I only speak for myself though.

Outlander Systems
01-09-18, 05:04
Or the fact that you have a 4x optic with excellent glass that weighs an ounce more than an Aimpoint PRO, never needs batteries, and can pull duty as an impact weapon.

turnburglar
01-09-18, 16:13
Or the fact that you have a 4x optic with excellent glass that weighs an ounce more than an Aimpoint PRO, never needs batteries, and can pull duty as an impact weapon.

The ACOG was tits in 2004.....

Sorry but OPTICS have come A LONG WAY since then.

Low power variable gets my vote.

Rhyyke
01-09-18, 17:30
I have a couple LPVO's but hands down the perfect optic for my 14.5 Mod 2 is the TA-33.

TMS951
01-09-18, 19:08
An ACOG years ago was my first ‘real’ optic. At that time it was a great choice.

Fast forward over a decade and I never use it. It sits on a clone gun.

Why? LPVO, my night force 1-4 NXS is damn close to gaveling am aimpoint and acog all in one sight.

It blows my mind in 2018 an ACOG is even a consideration for people. I have had my nightforce for a long time now, probably since 2012. Never failed me in the least. Superb optic, and now antiquated.

Much like I’d never buy another 4x ACOG isn’t never buy another 1-4 variable. Why? Because of 1-6 and 1-8 optics

nick84
06-01-18, 13:56
Sorry for the necropost, but I was searching people's opinions on LPR glass. I have to agree, the ACOG has it's upsides, but IMHO, slapping it on something like the LPR is like putting wooden wheels on a Ferrari. Each piece of that equation is holding the other back. For my LPR, I'm going to try between the 1x6 and a 2x10 bushnell and see which it prefers. Hopefully get a chance to post some results soon.

Falar
06-01-18, 14:19
Sorry for the necropost, but I was searching people's opinions on LPR glass. I have to agree, the ACOG has it's upsides, but IMHO, slapping it on something like the LPR is like putting wooden wheels on a Ferrari. Each piece of that equation is holding the other back. For my LPR, I'm going to try between the 1x6 and a 2x10 bushnell and see which it prefers. Hopefully get a chance to post some results soon.

I don't have a lightweight, precision 5.56 gun but if I did I'd have a hard time picking between a USO B-10 (mil-scale GAP. Wish the old 1.8-10x44 ERGO was still available) and Nightforce 2.5-10x42.

MegademiC
06-01-18, 14:39

Weight(lack of) makes the acog attractive as well.

Edit- need to look at dates next time. And the rest of the posts.

It all comes down to what you want.

heavygunner8
06-01-18, 14:46

I ended up with a nightforce competition scope on my LPR. I shoot about 0.5-0.8 MoA with Sierra match king ammo from 100 yards consistently. Very happy with the results.

Stickman
06-01-18, 17:36

I think limiting my LPR to a 1-6 would be like throwing on wooden wheels to use your verbiage. I'm currently using a 4-16 as I enjoying seeing and identifying as well as shooting. Each person will obviously have their own needs.

Skyyr
06-01-18, 21:04

I found the Nightforce 2.5-10x24 (or x32) to fit the LPR quite well. I have a 3.5-15x50mm that I could swap out with it, but I found that I preferred the lower 2.5-10x magnification overall from 0-200yds, and it remained quite usable out to 400yds.

Maybe if I was running it as a dedicated DMR consistently at 300yds+, I'd prefer the higher magnification. But, for most practical ranges, the 10x was more than adequate and had a better field of view.

The smaller scope profile also fit my idea of the LPR better (light weight, low recoil, high accuracy).

Just my .02.

nick84
06-01-18, 21:48
I don't have a lightweight, precision 5.56 gun but if I did I'd have a hard time picking between a USO B-10 (mil-scale GAP. Wish the old 1.8-10x44 ERGO was still available) and Nightforce 2.5-10x42.

That USO is on my shortlist. If it wasn't for the price tag I'd have one already.

nick84
06-01-18, 21:51
I think limiting my LPR to a 1-6 would be like throwing on wooden wheels to use your verbiage. I'm currently using a 4-16 as I enjoying seeing and identifying as well as shooting. Each person will obviously have their own needs.

I've got a Mark IV 4x-16x that I usually use when I wring out a new setup. While I think I'll be happy with a top end of 10x, if it I like how it handles it's certainly not off the table for arbitrary limitations.

beschatten
06-02-18, 02:26
LPVs are great but I wouldn't say they are the end all be all.

Red dots and ACOGs still have a place.

Wake27
06-02-18, 02:50
LPVs are great but I wouldn't say they are the end all be all.

Red dots and ACOGs still have a place.

I don’t think ACOGs have had a place for a while, aside from the military.