PDA

View Full Version : If not BCM BCG then who?

eagle359
10-14-08, 15:46
I would like to get a Bravo Company BCG but they are still on backorder. If they do not resupply in a reasonable time who else would you consider.

I am new to this forum. There seems to be a good bit of information and a minimal amount of BS. I am old enough that when I went through boot camp I trained on a M14. I had some exposure to the M16 in BITS, but when I got to the fleet I still shot a M14 for the rifle range.

Thanks,

John

maximus83
10-14-08, 15:56
A lot of pros will say that LMT's are a good bet, and that's been my recent experience (though I'm not in the "pro user" category). Grant at G&R Tactical, or BravoCompany USA, or Talon Arms, other similar web stores, should carry the LMT's, though I can't say who currently will have them in stock. I just bought a complete LMT BCG (w/ bolt), AND I bought a BCM bolt assembly to swap out the bolt in another rifle and then have a spare. Both bolts had the improved features, such as the Crane O-ring, , etc. And both have gone through the milspec-type QA tests, such as MPI. You should be fine with LMT.

Parabellum9x19mm
10-14-08, 15:58
the BCM bolt carrier groups should be back in stock any day now. I'd wait.

however, if you just can't wait, LMT is the next best readily available BCG

Blankwaffe
10-14-08, 17:48
BCM and LMT are both top quality.So I'd buy which ever was available at the time.
The only difference Ive seen in the two brands is that the BCM is a bit more perty with very smooth machining and finish.The LMT BCG are also extensively live fire tested and will have carbon,brass and some light surface finish wear.The LMT's also have a very heavy parked finish which makes them a bit rough looking at first.Otherwise a good bath with CLP and a tooth brush makes them perty as well.LMT is certainly a heavy duty part.
IMHO it was worth having a well tested assembly so the LMT BCG is the direction I went when I ordered my LMT uppers and lowers,and then upgraded all my Armalite rifles with them as well.
I have a BCM BCG as a backup,which I doubt I will ever need..

RogerinTPA
10-14-08, 21:55
BCM's are the chit! Unless your BCG is completely non functional, they are worth the wait AND/OR....Get the BCM parts to rebuild yours and use it as a spare.:cool:

Juicymeat
10-14-08, 22:10
I was in the same position as you were when I ordered my BCM upper a few weeks ago. I opted for the LMT BCG and honestly don't think that there will be any performance difference between an LMT and BCM BCG. If it were me, I'd just get the cheaper and more readily available option of the two.

28_days
10-15-08, 00:18
The BCM BCG has an ETA of 10/15 (today) @ Bravo Company.

87GN
10-15-08, 11:29
LMT is good to go.

exitinyourhead
10-15-08, 11:50
G&R posted this morning that they had the BCM's in stock today
8/15/2008

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

Vic
10-16-08, 00:36
Will the LMT semi bcg work right out of the box with the BCM upper? no headspacing or any work involved?

Damascus
10-16-08, 00:54
As long as you check the chamber with some go/no go gauges, then you're set. The bolt isn't "headspaced" like that. Invest in a field no/go gauge, and a match no/go gauge. The field gauge will be a little bit more forgiving.

kong
10-18-08, 09:40
Will the LMT semi bcg work right out of the box with the BCM upper? no headspacing or any work involved?

Mine have w/o any problems. Both are top quality companies.

C4IGrant
10-18-08, 09:42

Will work just fine.

C4

eagle359
10-20-08, 13:27
Thanks for all the input. I ordered the LMT Semi-Auto BCGs.

GONIF
10-20-08, 13:33
GIVEN THE CHOICE WHY WOULD ANYONR CHOOSE A SEMI OVER A FA ?:confused:

eagle359
10-20-08, 16:12
I know that there is a letter from BATFE to Colt that makes the use of a FA bolt in a SA COLT okay. The issue is the legality of a FA BCG in a weapon other than Colt. I have a Colt 6721 and behind the trigger is a bridge that prevents the use of a drop-in sear. My Bushmaster and Armalite guns DO NOT have this bridge. In my simple mind the Colt is made a bit differently than the other makers and this may be the reason that allows the use of a FA bolt. I see no material advantage in the use of a FA BCG in a SA weapon(MIL-SPEC or not)-but I see a huge downside if BATFE rules it to be in violation of NFA.

GONIF
10-20-08, 16:34
BS ,FA BCG's are 100% legal in any AR that the rest of the fire control parts are semi and the weapon only opperates in semi auto mode .

eagle359
10-20-08, 16:51
You can BS me all you want. Show me any documentation, other than a letter addressed to Colt about Colt products, that proves your point.

C4IGrant
10-20-08, 17:22
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/ATF%20M16%20Letter.pdf

Notice that this letter does NOT say Colt anywhere.

C4

mmike87
10-20-08, 18:49
Will a standard AR-15 SA BCG in a select fire M-16 still function in full auto at least to some degree?

If so, then by some people's logic those BCG's should be against the law, too.

I have FA BCG's in 3 out of 4 AR's and will continue to purchase them. If they are going to arrest you for something that is not against the law then your're screwed anyway regardless of what BCG you have.

GONIF
10-20-08, 19:48
Don't be scared . :rolleyes:
You can BS me all you want. Show me any documentation, other than a letter addressed to Colt about Colt products, that proves your point.

Hank6046
07-14-14, 22:04
Saint Croix Tactical makes BCM BCG at a decent price point, just with out the name. Stcroixtactical.net

LoveAR
07-14-14, 22:13
Old thread

Iraqgunz
07-15-14, 00:11
1. Why did you revive a thread almost 6 years old? 2. What and who is St. Tactical and what are trying to say?

Saint Croix Tactical makes BCM BCG at a decent price point, just with out the name. Stcroixtactical.net

Dead Man
07-15-14, 00:27
1. Why did you revive a thread almost 6 years old? 2. What and who is St. Tactical and what are trying to say?

I think he's trying to say, "buy stuff from my internet store, y'all."

C4IGrant
07-15-14, 07:26

No, they really aren't.

What is funny is when you look at the pics of their BCG's, the copied BCM EXACTLY with the name placements on the carrier and such. I can also tell in the pics that the gas key is poorly staked. No mention of HPT either and if they are doing any of the testing in house or farming it out.

C4

markm
07-15-14, 08:30
I think he's trying to say, "buy stuff from my internet store, y'all."

He said "decent price point". So I'm in!!!

TXAG45
07-16-14, 21:13
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!!! Ban Him!!! :nono:

discreet
07-17-14, 00:38

You know... with that 9310 bolt and all...:rolleyes:

discreet
07-17-14, 00:40
No, they really aren't.

What is funny is when you look at the pics of their BCG's, the copied BCM EXACTLY with the name placements on the carrier and such. I can also tell in the pics that the gas key is poorly staked. No mention of HPT either and if they are doing any of the testing in house or farming it out.

C4

LOL, the pics at TOS prove you to be correct about the staking, or lack thereof. Rearward staking barely even touches bolt. Front staking on one side looks like they missed and swiped the side of the key. The AIM bcg looks operator grade compared to these guys.

Of course the guy who picked one up and posted the pics has a biohazard spikes dust cover, kns pins, and a pepr scope mount, so they are obviously selling to their targeted audience.:happy:

To add... they even say they reverse engineer on their website. theehee. Basically blantantly admitting to copying other designs. The guy who made this post in thisnthread from the same state as SCT so assuming he's an employee going off his post.