PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Cases by PPM

C4IGrant
10-26-06, 11:37
I am having PPM make me some pistol cases for my 1911's. So I am looking for feedback on what people like to see in a pistol case. All inputs are welcome.

C4

-Wes-
10-26-06, 11:48
I really dig i-Shot's "Range Rug" but they only come in LL Bean colors. :p

C4IGrant
10-26-06, 11:52
I really dig i-Shot's "Range Rug" but they only come in LL Bean colors. :p

I like that as well, but the colors are offensive to me. I also need something smaller.

C4

-Wes-
10-26-06, 12:25
Well in that case I'd keep it minimalistic.

Perhaps just a square shaped wallet in ranger green. OD and tan are pretty common. Square so it will fit with whatever light is attached. Maybe big enough to fit the bigger Wep lights like the SF Military light.

With a pocket, maybe make both pockets the same size and identical. Or maybe just a divider. No elastic for mags etc. That way a second pistol can be stowed or mags/batteries/bore-snake/tools etc. Plus it would make production easier perhaps?

I think most people will just transport it in it's holster, however it is a step up from a sock just to throw it in the range bag. (That's what I use the mag pouches in my i-Shot case for.)

Finally, have G&R Tactical or whatever model name you come up with embroidered on it, or a patch.

As an afterthought I had maybe something shaped like a holster. Over-sized flap with a fastex buckle? Makers mark on the flap. No zippers that way.

C4IGrant
10-26-06, 17:01
Well in that case I'd keep it minimalistic.

Perhaps just a square shaped wallet in ranger green. OD and tan are pretty common. Square so it will fit with whatever light is attached. Maybe big enough to fit the bigger Wep lights like the SF Military light.

With a pocket, maybe make both pockets the same size and identical. Or maybe just a divider. No elastic for mags etc. That way a second pistol can be stowed or mags/batteries/bore-snake/tools etc. Plus it would make production easier perhaps?

I think most people will just transport it in it's holster, however it is a step up from a sock just to throw it in the range bag. (That's what I use the mag pouches in my i-Shot case for.)

Finally, have G&R Tactical or whatever model name you come up with embroidered on it, or a patch.

As an afterthought I had maybe something shaped like a holster. Over-sized flap with a fastex buckle? Makers mark on the flap. No zippers that way.

Thanks!

C4

oaksalad
10-26-06, 23:31
Hi,I would like a case kinda on the style of the HK ones for the SOCOM.It would be maybe 2 layers deep with room and pockets for a pistol,mine is a Kimber CC Target, as well as the complete rimfire conversion kit,light,mags,and maybe a space for a cleaning kitand/or tools.Then the bottom compartment coud be open for whatever you wanted to put down there.I think what I am trying to describe is more like a case than a bag.That is what I want anyways.
Thanks,Frank

P.S. Nice board.

C4IGrant
10-27-06, 09:35
Hi,I would like a case kinda on the style of the HK ones for the SOCOM.It would be maybe 2 layers deep with room and pockets for a pistol,mine is a Kimber CC Target, as well as the complete rimfire conversion kit,light,mags,and maybe a space for a cleaning kitand/or tools.Then the bottom compartment coud be open for whatever you wanted to put down there.I think what I am trying to describe is more like a case than a bag.That is what I want anyways.
Thanks,Frank

P.S. Nice board.

Got any pics of it?

C4