PDA

View Full Version : CNN Reporter: Banning Guns Would Impress Euros

Honu
10-14-08, 23:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad4t8GDji9k

my reply was to be more like euro so we can have bombings instead !

or this fact

* England: According to the BBC News, handgun crime in the United Kingdom rose by 40% in the two years after it passed its draconian gun ban in 1997.4

sorry but there is a reason we broke away the first time :)

and there is a reason my wifes parents fled england years ago

we will ship you all our illegals and all our far lefters who want to change this country can you please take them europe :)

Business_Casual
10-15-08, 08:18
Little problem with that - only the UK banned guns. You can own guns in all the European states and in Switzerland you are required to keep a military weapon and a tin of ammo in your home.

Second problem, they may have "signed up" to the Kyoto Protocol but none of them have enacted it in any way that would damage their economies.

They just want to see us do stupid things so we won't be as competitive with their economic union.

M_P

mmike87
10-15-08, 08:42
The last thing I am interested in is impressing ANYONE.

LOKNLOD
10-15-08, 09:36
What a coincidence. If they put a giant hose in Europe, and gave Earth an enema, the US would be impressed.

buzz_knox
10-15-08, 09:47
Putting troublesome reporters in prison would impress the majority of the world, as the US would finally come around to their way of doing business. So, why don't we start there and see how far such impressions get us?

CarlosDJackal
10-15-08, 09:54
Little problem with that - only the UK banned guns. You can own guns in all the European states and in Switzerland you are required to keep a military weapon and a tin of ammo in your home.

Second problem, they may have "signed up" to the Kyoto Protocol but none of them have enacted it in any way that would damage their economies.

They just want to see us do stupid things so we won't be as competitive with their economic union.

M_P

I think you forgot the biggest problem of all: BY THEIR VERY DEFINITION, CRIMINALS DO NOT FEEL ANY OBLIGATION TO FOLLOW LAW OR MORAL STANDARDS.

Wolfgang
10-15-08, 10:11
If you'll notice, that news "report" was nothing but pure commentary presented to look factual and authoritative. CNNs source of authority is itself.
Also cleverly left out was the fact that many of these shootings were stopped by people with guns!
Laws, rules, policies don't stop bad people with guns........good people with guns do!

5POINT56
10-15-08, 11:18
And partially adopting Sharia law would impress some of them too I bet.

Safetyhit
10-15-08, 11:42
:rolleyes:

There are few in the world that I could care less about impressing than the lost to liberalism Europeans. In fact, if we do actually do something that impresses them as they are today, that would be a dismal sign indeed.

JBnTX
10-15-08, 12:33
Us impress the Europeans???

They should be trying to impress us!!!

We've come farther in 250 years than they have
in a couple thousand years.

skyugo
10-15-08, 19:56
the second amendment IS progressive.

funny how the words conservative and progressive got switched in meaning.

i think most of us here are committed to the "progressive" ideas of freedom that our forefathers fought for.

i can't help but notice europe can't seem to go more than a couple generations without a bloody takeover by some nutcase. :rolleyes: