PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Pro chassis

C-grunt
01-15-18, 20:18
looks nice. I think it’s but ugly though. 5.4 pounds makes it a pretty good option for lighter weight builds. Hopefully the street price is a good bit lower than the 999 MSRP.

Video in the link

https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/buttstocks/pro-700

Alex V
01-15-18, 20:51
I started a threat about this on SnipersHide. Seems that this offers more adjustment than comperable chassis for a few hundred bucks less.

It is ugly, but if it work it works.

The grip angle is interesting for sure. Too bad they are only making it for the 700 action. Wish they made it for Tikka.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-15-18, 21:09
If they made a tikka action model I'd be interested. It's not too terribly ugly, but there are some really good chassis on the market for way under that price.

graffex
01-16-18, 06:42
To be fair most chassis are fugging ugly if you ask me. Function over form and this chassis does seem to have some very nice features. +1 on the Tikka action, I don’t know of anyone that even wastes there time with Remington actions anymore.

C4IGrant
01-16-18, 09:10
What are some good 700 receivers and barrels to use with this new Magpul chassis. Any got a favorite??

C4

Vegas
01-16-18, 12:33
Surgeon/Bartlein are popular with one of the local groups here.

I think this chassis looks interesting. I am wondering what street price will be.

C-grunt
01-16-18, 12:35
The Bergara should fit this right?

graffex
01-16-18, 14:17
The Bergara should fit this right?

It’s a modified m700 clone so yeah it should. Wish they would start making left-handed actions already, I’d be all over them.

.30kal
01-16-18, 23:10
5.4 pounds makes it a pretty good option for lighter weight builds.[/url]

Huh? 5.4 lb is really heavy for a chassis these days. Way better options for a lightweight build... KRG, MPA's lightweight chassis, XLR, etc.

tigershilone
01-17-18, 00:51
Looks an awful lot like KRG's aluminum backbone system to me. My first quick glance at this, I thought I was looking at another new KRG release before I read the rest of the article.

$1k, too high, there are other options for $200-300 less that I would do, MPA being high on that list with XLR pretty close behind. You are pretty much into Manners price range at this point. I have Magpul's hunter stock for R700, I do like it, especially for it's price. This one, not so much.

mark5pt56
01-17-18, 06:34
http://www.americanrifle.com/store/

Bighorn, Defiance and Surgeon will be your number one along with ARC above. It all depends on what you want, weight, features and intended use.

AI, Tikka and Bergara are good factory options. AI being on top price wise of course, the Tikka Tac offering is a good option. Of course there's the Ruger.

But, big question, will these color match the FDE of the Pro?

http://www.511tactical.com/511-tactical-pants-mens-cotton.html

03scgt
01-17-18, 07:01
1k dollars has to be some sort of a joke for that thing when you can buy an MPA or KRG chassis for the same or less(less in most cases).I like it but they are competing at the top of the price range with all metal chassis that weight the same

Hell I paid $775 for my MPA BA chassis brand new from a brick and mortar retail shop lol

https://image.ibb.co/cvYNGm/bergara.jpg

wilson1911
01-17-18, 09:36
I have shot several chassis. The MPA feels better than the KRG and XLR. After having several XLR's and messing with the stock and folder, I find it severely lacking. Having to remove the cheek piece for cleaning, and the lockup on the folder is not that good. The set screws never stay where you put them to keep it tight.

The mag entry and lock up is better on the MPA, along with the whole gun feeling more solid when shooting it.

The grip on the magpul is not that bad to my eyes. Most long range shooters use the side rest method, so gripping it like a regular gun is not even relevant. I only use my last 3 fingers on the grip,one on the side as a rest. This allows you to have a more perpendicular/correct angle for your trigger finger. Not inducing torque into the rifle for long shots.

The biggest difference between a chassis and something like a manners/mcmillan is how you get on the gun. A chassis will like to be driven a bit more aggressively...pulled into your shoulder pocket more firmly than a composite stock. And loading the bipod a bit more firmly. Most of my guns have a manners on them now, which are like driving a cadillac compared to a chassis.

Does the magpul rattle like their other one does ?

03scgt, that's a nice looking stick you:neo: have bud. What can do you have on it ?

6.5 Creedmoor 4tw !!

03scgt
01-17-18, 10:18
Just an sdn6.I have 2 of them and ironically I was worried about them causing me accuracy problems,but as is sits with the sdn6 and almost any ammo its pretty hard to not shoot half moa.I wish I was as consistent as it is lol

diving dave
01-17-18, 11:13
Its not too bad looking. I just purchased a MPA competition chassis, and got 10% off to boot by being a retired LEO..However with current options out there, why would you actually buy a Rem action? I know it was the gold standard for years but by the time you pay for getting the action trued you could have bought a better rig to begin with.

Vegas
01-17-18, 12:26
A lot will buy these because there are a billion R700 owners out there and the rise of long range shooting and comps won't hurt. Sure, most in the know would rather buy a Tikka these days for a factory action but that doesn't change how many R700's out there.

Dozer
01-17-18, 21:29
Hello all,

Thank you for the interest and comments on the Pro 700. From the earliest days of the Hunter 700 we knew we wanted to develop a high end, full feature chassis for the Remington 700 platform. We set forward with developing a purposeful list of features and attributes intended to optimize end user adjustability while ensuring we provide extremely rigid, ambidextrous chassis to ensure the shooter has total confidence in repeatable performance. The full machined aluminum chassis is covered with Magpul polymer skins to protect the mechanisms, prevent damage, improve ergonomics, features tool-less adjustment of LOP and CH, has an ambidextrous folding hinge that clears the bold handle, adjustable butt-pad for height and cant, adjustable cheek riser fore/aft & reversible, enlarged trigger well, adjustable grip for trigger reach, two different grips included, full M-LOK compatibility for the forend & stock, and will have an NVD mounting solution available. The Pro 700 provides the best value when set side by side to other comparable models currently in the market.

http://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/2/AADutcIOYEu_8c0JYftTc8B2gqkRePKXvsKoAywCSWTihw/12/83587228/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/MAG802%20Bare.jpg/ELKUikEYh_MbIAIoAg/wU43LwI6sLu2T7_OtxrVMKn659zISD-1fwFPjPq-xOA?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/2/AABgNw8uA5ufxKHc3i9a22-bbVCY24woKbOCDY2l9PS0uw/12/83587228/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/Pro%20700%20Right.jpg/ELKUikEYh_MbIAIoAg/5fMdYannn7xaiB18wvf5eQCCfrZoZx-NMC_VlxD7nf0?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-18-18, 06:49
It slices.... it dices....

It is a real nice looking option. I don’t think it is over priced, but Magpul often seems to be able to come in at prices under what I’d expect.

Kind of a crowded market space, but it definately looks like a winner.

Dozer, what chassis do you think this competes most closely with?

Dozer
01-18-18, 07:45
When you compare it to models from AICS, Cadex, KRG, and others with comparable features and see where MSRP is for them you see how much lower our's is. It's easy to get hung up on the price as this is the most expensive product Magpul has ever made, but you get a lot for your money.

For those going to SHOT, please feel free to stop by the Magpul booth and check it out and see what all the fuzz is about.

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/2/AAB-yMulKqlqiGOraehYp36oX6q1gaxrmbfd-yfj2GiCVw/12/83587228/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/DSC08430.jpg/EJD4tPQHGEkgAigC/Yxz6Z2X7hEJn1ClJ-1-ciau7m_Z9jDcVP40h9wJDUqI%2CnGsKImZRmV2PI3tuqVAB443daZhtvs57Go8PypYhxW4?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

C-grunt
01-18-18, 21:17
When you compare it to models from AICS, Cadex, KRG, and others with comparable features and see where MSRP is for them you see how much lower our's is. It's easy to get hung up on the price as this is the most expensive product Magpul has ever made, but you get a lot for your money.

For those going to SHOT, please feel free to stop by the Magpul booth and check it out and see what all the fuzz is about.

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/2/AAB-yMulKqlqiGOraehYp36oX6q1gaxrmbfd-yfj2GiCVw/12/83587228/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/DSC08430.jpg/EJD4tPQHGEkgAigC/Yxz6Z2X7hEJn1ClJ-1-ciau7m_Z9jDcVP40h9wJDUqI%2CnGsKImZRmV2PI3tuqVAB443daZhtvs57Go8PypYhxW4?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

I’ll stop by

MarshallDodge
01-19-18, 09:29
Some are calling it ugly or high priced. I think all chassis systems really lack in the beauty department but the Magpul has a clean look to me. When it comes to cost, only the buyer can say whether the price paid and the benefits received are worth it.

What are some good 700 receivers and barrels to use with this new Magpul chassis. Any got a favorite??

C4

I just used a Defiance Deviant (http://defiancemachine.com/deviant-tactical/), with a Hawke Hill barrel in 6x47L, for a build.

While my experience is limited, I have several trued Remington 700 actions and a Stiller TAC30 action. The Defiance was well worth the money spent.

hobojoe
01-19-18, 14:59
Some are calling it ugly or high priced. I think all chassis systems really lack in the beauty department but the Magpul has a clean look to me. When it comes to cost, only the buyer can say whether the price paid and the benefits received are worth it.

Yeah, I think it looks great. I was planning to sell my 700 SPS and build an AR10 for more options. This chassis with the 16.5" barrel will make a nice little package.

Dist. Expert 26
01-19-18, 22:21
For an already saturated market, introducing a relatively plain chassis with no unique features seems like a mistake to me. Especially at the 1k price point.

I'm interested in the grip though- will it be for sale separately?

RimfireSpider
01-20-18, 13:50
I was hoping to see a Hunter 700-like stock with a more vertical grip angle and the aluminum bedding block extended a bit further into the forend for stiffness. KRG hit the nail on the head with their Bravo stock.

sjoliat
01-21-18, 23:00

C4

I don't have one yet, but I know some guys that swear by Kelbly's Atlas Tactical. Price point is good and their shop is relatively close to yours.

graffex
01-22-18, 09:33
For an already saturated market, introducing a relatively plain chassis with no unique features seems like a mistake to me. Especially at the 1k price point.

I'm interested in the grip though- will it be for sale separately?

Lol it has plenty of unique features that no other chassis have at a even higher price point.

Dist. Expert 26
01-22-18, 12:42
Lol it has plenty of unique features that no other chassis have at a even higher price point.

Such as?

Alex V
01-22-18, 21:48

What are the chances of a Tikka T3 comparable version? The Remington 700 action is so yesterday. :-)

C-grunt
01-24-18, 13:53
Just left the Magpul booth. I’m sold. That is a really nice chassis.

shiv
02-03-18, 03:51
Such as?

Isn’t it adaptable for ambi use? Including the folding stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shiv
02-03-18, 04:03

C4

I would go Defiance Deviant. Smooth, reliable, and durable. I’ve had issues with Stillers.

As far as barrels, I’ve had awesome luck with Bartlein barrels (both on customs and on AINA barrels). What’s more important than maker of the barrel is the reamer and quality of the chamber job.

shiv
02-03-18, 04:04
1k dollars has to be some sort of a joke for that thing when you can buy an MPA or KRG chassis for the same or less(less in most cases).I like it but they are competing at the top of the price range with all metal chassis that weight the same

Hell I paid $775 for my MPA BA chassis brand new from a brick and mortar retail shop lol

https://image.ibb.co/cvYNGm/bergara.jpg

1k for folding. $900 for non-folding. I’d imagine steer price will be less. And the KRG W3 is more like $1200 for a folder, and yes, has lots of plastic.

glock21xxx
06-19-18, 10:58
Hello all,

Thank you for the interest and comments on the Pro 700. From the earliest days of the Hunter 700 we knew we wanted to develop a high end, full feature chassis for the Remington 700 platform. We set forward with developing a purposeful list of features and attributes intended to optimize end user adjustability while ensuring we provide extremely rigid, ambidextrous chassis to ensure the shooter has total confidence in repeatable performance. The full machined aluminum chassis is covered with Magpul polymer skins to protect the mechanisms, prevent damage, improve ergonomics, features tool-less adjustment of LOP and CH, has an ambidextrous folding hinge that clears the bold handle, adjustable butt-pad for height and cant, adjustable cheek riser fore/aft & reversible, enlarged trigger well, adjustable grip for trigger reach, two different grips included, full M-LOK compatibility for the forend & stock, and will have an NVD mounting solution available. The Pro 700 provides the best value when set side by side to other comparable models currently in the market.

http://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/2/AADutcIOYEu_8c0JYftTc8B2gqkRePKXvsKoAywCSWTihw/12/83587228/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/MAG802%20Bare.jpg/ELKUikEYh_MbIAIoAg/wU43LwI6sLu2T7_OtxrVMKn659zISD-1fwFPjPq-xOA?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/2/AABgNw8uA5ufxKHc3i9a22-bbVCY24woKbOCDY2l9PS0uw/12/83587228/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/Pro%20700%20Right.jpg/ELKUikEYh_MbIAIoAg/5fMdYannn7xaiB18wvf5eQCCfrZoZx-NMC_VlxD7nf0?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

Question: the FDE rifle chassis that you showcased at SOFIC and SHOT with the SF can on it; what was the barrel length on that particular setup?

elephantrider
06-21-18, 00:21
It's a 16" barrel.

glock21xxx
06-21-18, 09:16
It's a 16" barrel.

Thank you

hotrodder636
08-09-18, 23:32
Does anybody have one of these chassis put together and used?

titsonritz
08-10-18, 13:22
What are the chances of a Tikka T3 comparable version? The Remington 700 action is so yesterday. :-)

Yes please.

Does anybody have one of these chassis put together and used?

I'd be interested in any first hand information as well. While I've been looking at setting up a Tikka T3 it wouldn't take much to say screw it and pick up a Surgeon 591SA and go for broke.

C-grunt
08-12-18, 10:35
I don't have any usage experience with it but I handled it a lot at SHOT. I'm pretty sure the Magpul guys thought I was stalking them by the end of the week with how many times I stopped by.

It really is a well built chassis that is completely ambidextrous. The stock locked up solid enough to make it fell like a non folder. The stock was comfortable. Everything felt well made. I couldn't find anything it was missing.

The only downside could find is that it's not as "cool looking" as a Cadex, AI, etc... and that's a pretty weak negative.