PDA

View Full Version : So I been watching the new X-Files...

Firefly
01-17-18, 21:44
No spoilers but aside from a super lame first ep that answers the equally lame cliffhanger; I like it.

Sure, Mulder and Scully are old and past mandatory retirement age and like it's kinda lame seeing them still right back where they started (albeit in a refreshing way) but it feels like the magic is back. They finally acknowledge that they have something going on and all.

I sorta wish they would've followed I Want To Believe's lead and had Scully and Mulder as civilians/retirees who just get caught up in wacky adventures.

Gillian Anderson has an Amber Waves from Boogie Nights thing going on.

I openly admit I watch because I ship them and I like weird stuff.

It also feels like they have this weird Lethal Weapon "Too Old For This Shit", post coital Moonlighting, DGAF that people know we F vibe that is refreshing.

This show was my life as a youth.

SteyrAUG
01-17-18, 22:35
You really do know how to speak my language.

Will check it out.

Honu
01-17-18, 22:42
wife and I used to watch this all the time looking forward to seeing what its like thanks for the review :)

austinN4
01-18-18, 06:48
Sure, Mulder and Scully are old and past mandatory retirement age and like it's kinda lame seeing them still right back where they started (albeit in a refreshing way) but it feels like the magic is back.

But still hot! Have you watched The Fall?

Alex V
01-18-18, 08:46
X-Files was and still is my all time favorite show. Other than the second movie, which was shit, they can do no wrong for me. I am excited to see where they go this season. Scully said she is done with X-Files, sad, but it will be interesting to see if they can wrap everything up.

Doc Safari
01-18-18, 08:50
In the 1990's I couldn't miss an episode. Now I just want the series to come to a good, satisfying, memorable end, and let the show go into fondly-remembered TV history along with Star Trek, The Night Stalker, etc.

Firefly
01-24-18, 19:31
Tonights episode is literally about Conspiracies and Feet......

Not complaining

flenna
01-24-18, 20:03
My two favorite original episodes were "Musings of a cigarette smoking man" and the Men in Black episode with Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebeck. I may have to check out the new ones and try not to think about how disappointing the last episodes of the originals without Mulder were.

VARIABLE9
01-24-18, 23:23
My two favorite original episodes were "Musings of a cigarette smoking man" and the Men in Black episode with Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebeck. I may have to check out the new ones and try not to think about how disappointing the last episodes of the originals without Mulder were.

Obviously those were good, but IMO the best episode is ‘Pusher’.

Campbell
01-24-18, 23:37
Obviously those were good, but IMO the best episode is ‘Pusher’.

Pusher was top five in my book for sure

Firefly
01-25-18, 00:01
Post Modern Prometheus because I like Cher and I ship Mulder and Scully.

I saw Home the night it came on and it messed me up. Inbred Hillbillies give me the willies. I saw Hills Have Eyes only once.

And FPS. It is gay now, but in the day it was cool because it coasted off the Matrix, had the chick from Emmanuelle in Space, and Scully looked pretty studly in tge game suit.

VARIABLE9
01-25-18, 00:29
Pusher was top five in my book for sure

Don’t forget ‘Paper Hearts’.

Doc Safari
01-25-18, 09:22
I saw last night's episode as the "farewell to the fans" episode. It was almost blatantly promoting "remember the show for what it was knowing this is the end."

Good episode...full of subtle humor. They should have sneaked sweet potato pie into it somewhere.

flenna
01-25-18, 17:19
Post Modern Prometheus because I like Cher and I ship Mulder and Scully.

I saw Home the night it came on and it messed me up. Inbred Hillbillies give me the willies. I saw Hills Have Eyes only once.

Thanks for reminding me of that highly disturbing episode.... It took me a while to recover from it the first time I saw it. Conspiracy episodes were always my favorites, hence why Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man is at the top of my list.

sundance435
01-26-18, 07:09
I saw last night's episode as the "farewell to the fans" episode. It was almost blatantly promoting "remember the show for what it was knowing this is the end."

Good episode...full of subtle humor. They should have sneaked sweet potato pie into it somewhere.

Yeah, I liked last night's episode. I like the new, more apathetic Mulder - it's almost like new Mulder is trolling himself. I still don't quite get the raison d'etre for the first new season, compared to this one - I'm not a big fan of "it was all a dream" explanations, even if it is the X-Files.

Also, I liked "I Want to Believe" - I like that movie style - detective movie set in harsh conditions.

Doc Safari
01-26-18, 08:52
Also, I liked "I Want to Believe" - I like that movie style - detective movie set in harsh conditions.

Funny you should mention "detective". I'm thinking the perfect way to end the series is for Scully and Mulder to finally retire from the FBI but decide to pursue the X-Files independently (they would have Federal retirement so wouldn't need to charge their clients anything but expenses).

Too bad it's too late. If the previews for next week mean anything, it sounds like the series may go out with a bang--literally.

Business_Casual
01-26-18, 20:35
She is tiny, they don’t go to the same lengths to hide it that they used to.

‘Where are they taking Reggie?”