PDA

View Full Version : Movies That Have Fallen Off the Face of the Earth

ramairthree
01-19-18, 10:39
I am not talking about straight to video specials or obscure indies.

I mean serious productions.
Academy Award nominations, major actors or early appearances of ones that became big stars, etc.

What ones can you name?

A movie I saw in the early 90s during a college class comes to mind.
Looking For Mr. Goodbar

The lead actress is very famous. I never thought they were attractive or a great actress but they have a ton of prominent roles. Richard Gere. Tom Berenger, LeVar Burton, etc.
Yet there is no collector blu Ray, recent release, or anything along those lines.

Like many 70s movies it is a slap in the face to conventions, mores, and the American Dream. Unlike most, it shows what a mess that becomes.

I think it has fallen off the face of the earth for that reason. Black people deal drugs. Affluent New York Jews are decadent. Women doing a bunch of drugs and recreational sex with strangers and having abortions have messed up lives. The homosexual community is a mess of psyc issues and violence. Blowing off a Job and potential husband and your family may not be greener grass.

It, like other movies such as Two Lane Blacktop and Vanishing Point and others, are the slap in the face to convention types, but unlike a simple death or wrongly being done in by The Man, shows the backlash of that slap and the grim reality of being their own undoing vs at the hands of the man.

It had an Academy Award winning director. An ambitious soundtrack for the era. The box office was a success. The equivalent today would be something like a 100 million box office on a 10 million budget.

Strangely, the shocking events in the movie, are no longer the sole realm of the grim underbelly of a decaying pre-Giuliani New York City. They are a common city, suburban, and even rural series of events and behaviors.

My abnormal psychology class was taught by a professor emeritus and former department head. He had been president of the APA during the near 50/50 split in the era where homosexuality was narrowly deemed not a psychological disorder. He never stated his opinion on that. But once a week we got a movie highlighting a psychological diagnosis or personality disorder. The movie was shown to depict the lead as a Borderline Personality Disorder.

In an American where everyone has become accustomed to doing whatever they want with no shame and no consequences, the harsh, politically incorrect consequences of this movie seem to make it a third rail nobody wants to touch. While some movies famously have no blu ray or recent dvd due to various costs, reluctance of the director, etc. I think this one is just too harsh.

Off the top of my head,
I can’t name another movie with so many prominent associated individuals being left on the back burner.

Doc Safari
01-19-18, 11:08
Secret of the Incas: Charlton Heston in the movie that may very well have been the main inspiration for Indiana Jones. It's only available on a foreign DVD

Fantasia: on again off again available on DVD (right now Amazon appears to only have this on the secondary market from alternate sellers). On Blu Ray you have to get a foreign release but luckily it's in English and it plays just fine on a Region One player.

The theatrical edit of Last of the Mohicans

Supposedly the theatrical version is preferred by fans over the director's cut, partly due to the inclusion of the Clannad song that is not in the director's version. The only version that may be currently available is the director's cut. The Blu Ray is definitely the director's cut and I've always read that the DVD is also, but this could have changed in the years since I purchased it. I personally don't think there is a dime's worth of difference between the two versions.

Let It Be

Supposedly the two surviving Beatles are blocking a "restored" version of this that would have incorporated scenes not in the original. It seems these two "legacy minded" (cough) remaining Beatles are concerned that some of the scenes show some rancorous bickering that might sully their long-term image.

I could name a slew of others that either never made it to Blu Ray or the Blu Ray is a rare collectible. Among the movies only available on DVD and fading fast are The Ghost and the Darkness, Uncommon Valor, Public Enemies.....

But the winner is:

Song of the South

Supposedly even Disney's CEO hates this one because of racial stereotypes.

I suspect this movie will cease to exist in any form and all memories of it will be wiped from history.

VARIABLE9
01-19-18, 11:42
There’s apparently a Directors Edition Of TOMBSTONE, with something like ten extra minutes of footage. May have been DVD only and never released on BluRay. However I can never seem to find it. Also there’s a DE of HEAT however now I can’t seem to get the non-DE copy on BluRay.

Firefly
01-19-18, 13:32
The New Centurions Probably the most realistic police movie even today but made in the 1970s. It doesn't shy from ghetto life. Police suicide. A corrupt system. The white police leaves his boring Stacey wife for a black chick because he finally got awoken to the world. His FTO dies, he drifts from his academy buddies, he sees how bullshit everything is. It's a classic. Had Stacy Keach and George Scott.

The Young Warriors
It was like Platoon but set in WWII on a shoestring and had a lot of stolen foitige from To Hell and Back but it could only have existed in that weird part of the 1960s.

Carbine Williams Jimmy Stewart as A convicted white felon building a semi auto rifle in prison? Can't have that.

The Sniper A disaffected homosexual Korean War vet who shoots women because of his frustration? That's a no-no.

Birth of a Nation hoo boy they tried to shut this one down SO HARD. Yep it has the KKK in it, but is also one of the more realistic depictions of the Civil War because they used live ammo, surplus uniforms from that war, and had guys still young enough playing older soldiers of their respective armies.

Everybody has an opinion about the movie but hasn't ever really watched it despite it being on Youtube (before it gets shut down again)

ETA Honorable Mention

Paradise People thought it was a Blue Lagoon rip off. NEWP. It showed the Muslims as none too friendly. It also showed Phoebe Cates as naked as the day God made her. Anytime they show it on TV a lot gets cut even on cable. So to those who still have it on VHS.....

Naxet1959
01-19-18, 15:46
Carbine Williams Jimmy Stewart as A convicted white felon building a semi auto rifle in prison? Can't have that.

This was just shown on ME t.v. last week :)

26 Inf
01-19-18, 17:08
I saw Carbine Williams about 3 months ago on a cable channel, don't remember which one.

Firefly
01-19-18, 18:09
Oooh that grinds my gears. I watch the old fart channels regular and am upset I missed Carbine Williams. I saw it as a lad and didnt believe it was a true story but it WAS. Carbine Williams even came up with this Buck Rogers looking beltfed .22lr machine gun that IIRC saw like super limited field testing in Vietnam. I read about it in Small Arms Review like 14 years ago.

ETA found a pic

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/img_1732-tfb.jpg

That might clear a hooch or two....

SteyrAUG
01-19-18, 18:25
I have all of these except Paradise, I can't seem to find a decent copy anywhere.

Even more difficult are original version pre codes, in 1934 most of them got chopped up forever.

SteyrAUG
01-19-18, 18:27
Oooh that grinds my gears. I watch the old fart channels regular and am upset I missed Carbine Williams. I saw it as a lad and didnt believe it was a true story but it WAS. Carbine Williams even came up with this Buck Rogers looking beltfed .22lr machine gun that IIRC saw like super limited field testing in Vietnam. I read about it in Small Arms Review like 14 years ago.

ETA found a pic

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/img_1732-tfb.jpg

That might clear a hooch or two....

Here you go. A lot of the other films you listed are also available.

https://www.amazon.com/Carbine-Williams-Jimmy-Stewart/dp/B0026AZULQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516408004&sr=8-1&keywords=carbine+williams+dvd

Bubba FAL
01-19-18, 18:43
Yeah, Grit ran Carbine Williams at least twice this week. It must be in their rotation this month.

I had Song of the South on DVD until the tornado hit our house in 2011. It's ironic that the movie that gave us 'Zip a Dee Doo Dah' is buried by Disney.

LoboTBL
01-19-18, 23:06
But the winner is:

Song of the South

Supposedly even Disney's CEO hates this one because of racial stereotypes.

I suspect this movie will cease to exist in any form and all memories of it will be wiped from history.

That one was almost impossible to find on VHS. I was able to get a copy and would love to find it on DVD. I will probably have to get my VHS tape put on a DVD though.

Firefly
01-20-18, 00:10
Belieb it or not we actually got to watch Song of the South for movie day in like 2nd grade. Zipadee do dah, Uncle Remus, and Brer Rabbit and all.

Nobody thought it was racist. Like none of the black kids or anybody. I just figured he was an old dude who sang songs and hung out showing cartoons. Never thought he was a slave.

Kids dont care about social justice, just cartoons and catchy songs.

ETA but Secret of NIMH kinda messed me up. And An American Tail kinda struck me as dark once I caught it on TV as a college kid. It never really occurred to me that Fievel was a Russian Jew mouse escaping a pogrom. I just thought it was about how in America the streets were paved with cheese.

Also screw Bambi's mom. Littlefoot's mom dying was no shit traumatizing.

Bubba FAL
01-27-18, 19:15
If anyone is interested, Grit is showing Carbine Williams tonight. 8:30 central time.

Peshawar
01-27-18, 19:45
X rated version of Soldier Blue. I saw it as a little kid on cable. Terrified me. I think it’s basically impossible to find.

OH58D
01-27-18, 23:13
I just had an epiphany and remembered three obscure films, all by director David Lynch:

Eraserhead - 1977
Blue Velvet - 1986
Wild at Heart - 1990

All three are considered "art films", but they are weird...especially Eraserhead and Wild at Heart.

ramairthree
01-27-18, 23:50
I just had an epiphany and remembered three obscure films, all by director David Lynch:

Eraserhead - 1977
Blue Velvet - 1986
Wild at Heart - 1990

All three are considered "art films", but they are weird...especially Eraserhead and Wild at Heart.

Obscure Firefly and Steryaug can do in their sleep.
I was getting more along the lines of bigger, popular films that disappeared. Or had famous people, etc.

Like, I would like to watch the original Vanishing Point, followed by the Vigo Mortessin one, but despite having a renown actor it is not easy to find vs the other ones.

SteyrAUG
01-28-18, 01:17
I was getting more along the lines of bigger, popular films that disappeared. Or had famous people, etc.

Like, I would like to watch the original Vanishing Point, followed by the Vigo Mortessin one, but despite having a renown actor it is not easy to find vs the other ones.

Try and find "Secrets" with Jacqueline Bisset. Lots of early "show some skin" films featuring actresses who made it big are kept out of print.

Firefly
01-28-18, 02:57
The original Gone in Sixty Seconds.

Not the lame Nicolas Cage one but the original.

The point wasn't that Eleanor was super rare, but that there was so much heat on that getting a 71 Mach One Fastback when they were relatively ubiquitous proved difficult.

No CGI, no lame people. All the cars were real as were the wrecks.

Five_Point_Five_Six
01-28-18, 11:18

The point wasn't that Eleanor was super rare, but that there was so much heat on that getting a 71 Mach One Fastback when they were relatively ubiquitous proved difficult.

I came across the original in a pawn shop last summer on DVD for $2. The chase at the end never gets old.

OH58D
01-28-18, 11:38

Blue Velvet (1986) included Laura Dern, Dennis Hopper, Hope Lange, Dean Stockwell, Isabella Rossellini (Ingrid Bergman's daughter).

Wild at Heart (1990) starred: Nicholas Cage, Laura Dern, Willem Dafoe, Diane Ladd, Harry Dean Stanton, Isabella Rossellini

Some of the previously listed films in this thread were never huge box office successes, but did have some big name actors.

One Clint Eastwood film that isn't seen too often is Play Misty for Me (1971) and was Eastwood's first film he directed.

Another film not seen too often is Dennis Weaver's Duel from 1971, directed by Steven Spielberg (I think his first major film). It was considered a loser by the studio and released in Europe first. After success there, it was released in the US as a TV movie of the week. A blooper in that film is when Dennis Weaver is in a phone booth. You can see the reflection of a young Spielberg in the background.

ramairthree
01-28-18, 12:08
My point with a Blue Velvet or a Wild at Heart is you can get on Amazon and watch them on prime or buy the DVD or Blu Ray for ten of fifteen bucks.
They have not exactly fallen off the face of the earth.

Looking for Mr Goodbar is not available on prime, I think has only bootleg DVDs, or VHS or laser disc to hunt down. I find it very odd for a film with multiple academy award nominations and a handful of famous actors in early roles.

Again, I am not talking about little known films, hidden gems, obscure works, etc.

Those are cool to talk about and all,
But I was more getting along the lines of films with famous actors, a big box office, awards, renown, etc. that you can’t watch on Netflix or prime, have a ten dollar DVD in your mail box in a few days, or have to grab a bootleg of. And why.

SteyrAUG
01-28-18, 13:41
My point with a Blue Velvet or a Wild at Heart is you can get on Amazon and watch them on prime or buy the DVD or Blu Ray for ten of fifteen bucks.
They have not exactly fallen off the face of the earth.

Looking for Mr Goodbar is not available on prime, I think has only bootleg DVDs, or VHS or laser disc to hunt down. I find it very odd for a film with multiple academy award nominations and a handful of famous actors in early roles.

Again, I am not talking about little known films, hidden gems, obscure works, etc.

Those are cool to talk about and all,
But I was more getting along the lines of films with famous actors, a big box office, awards, renown, etc. that you can’t watch on Netflix or prime, have a ten dollar DVD in your mail box in a few days, or have to grab a bootleg of. And why.

Only way I got my copy was when TCM aired it and I recorded it on a stand alone DVD recorder.

TexHill
01-28-18, 14:46

Dude! I have the collector's edition of the original "Gone in 60 Seconds". The plot and acting are goofy, but the chase scenes are awesome. https://i.imgur.com/MyVAQEt.jpg

I just looked and you can watch the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" free if you have Amazon Prime.

"Benji" is another movie that I have that you don't see much anymore even though it's a family friendly story.
https://i.imgur.com/PoWRmdO.jpg

SteyrAUG
01-28-18, 20:31
What amazes me more than anything is that "Taxi Driver" is still readily available and regularly shows on premium channels and even TCM.

If there is one movie I'd have thought everyone would want to bury forever it would be that one. I remember watching that one around 79 in the early days of cable TV and having my mind blown. And like any brilliant novel or film, every time I revisit it, I notice something that I missed previously or understand something else at a deeper level. Don't want to try and say "greatest movie ever made" or elevate it beyond anything it actually is, but it's still an amazing film.

Firefly
01-28-18, 20:42
Even the writer of Taxi Driver said he sorta wished it was buried due to the infamy. Travis coulda snagged ol Cybil if he just played it cool. She was into him. I dont care how shellshocked somebody is, you dont take a broad to a dirty movie on a first date where dudes are rubbing one in the back row.

Geez ya let her see her sissy movie, nod and smile, make a few wry comments, gently tease her then seal the deal. Not hard. 3/4 of the work was already done. Rob Deniro in a field jacket and jeans vs Al Brooks in his Sunday best. How didja mess that one up?!

As for Hinkley's attempt on Reagan, I draw from the poetic wisdom of Bill Hicks(PBUH):

"I wouldn't run a red light for Jodie Foster but Phoebe Cates....I'd get an UZI and kick the door down to a crowded building and say 'For you, Phoebe...' BRRRRRRRRRRRT!!"

Doc Safari
01-29-18, 09:33
I always thought Taxi Driver was one of those sick 70's movies where the anti-hero is worshipped. That an obvious psycho could end up saving the day still disturbs me. (It's been about thirty years since I saw it so I hope I'm remembering the ending correctly).

Firefly
01-29-18, 10:10
I always thought Taxi Driver was one of those sick 70's movies where the anti-hero is worshipped. That an obvious psycho could end up saving the day still disturbs me. (It's been about thirty years since I saw it so I hope I'm remembering the ending correctly).

He didn't "save the day" he just shot up a brothel because it was easier than shooting up a political rally.

He wasn't an "obvious" psycho. Had he waited another year or two his mohawk and army jacket would have had him swimmin' im women because that would have been when punk sold out and cashed in and lotsa girls in fishnets and nazi armbands with weird hair woulda snatched him up like the last chopper outta Saigon. ESPECIALLY in New York. Driving a cab would have added to his punk cred.

Even if he knew like one guitar chord and screeched a song about heroin or "The Man", all the better.

But he was just too square

SteyrAUG
01-29-18, 18:10
Even the writer of Taxi Driver said he sorta wished it was buried due to the infamy. Travis coulda snagged ol Cybil if he just played it cool. She was into him. I dont care how shellshocked somebody is, you dont take a broad to a dirty movie on a first date where dudes are rubbing one in the back row.

Geez ya let her see her sissy movie, nod and smile, make a few wry comments, gently tease her then seal the deal. Not hard. 3/4 of the work was already done. Rob Deniro in a field jacket and jeans vs Al Brooks in his Sunday best. How didja mess that one up?!

As for Hinkley's attempt on Reagan, I draw from the poetic wisdom of Bill Hicks(PBUH):

"I wouldn't run a red light for Jodie Foster but Phoebe Cates....I'd get an UZI and kick the door down to a crowded building and say 'For you, Phoebe...' BRRRRRRRRRRRT!!"

You seem to forget, he got her in the end. What I love best is even Travis didn't know what he was gonna do next. On the turn of a dime and circumstance he went from assassin to hero.

Firefly
01-29-18, 18:14
You seem to forget, he got her in the end. What I love best is even Travis didn't know what he was gonna do next. On the turn of a dime and circumstance he went from assassin to hero.

How so? She was nice to him at the end but unless I missed something, she had moved on

SteyrAUG
01-29-18, 18:18
How so? She was nice to him at the end but unless I missed something, she had moved on

She was hot for him, not only did he prove himself by rescuing the little girl from the pimps and mafia (proving he's not really a pervert) he had the stones to take her to a dirty movie (which with her new perspective made him come off as matter of fact and confident.) He was also being a little aloof with her which made her want him even more.

Girls like bad boys.

Firefly
01-29-18, 18:22
Are you implying that he completes his Hero's Journey, marries his chick, and lives happily ever after in the country?

Because I like that more than the popular "ticking time bomb Nam vet" consensus

SteyrAUG
01-29-18, 18:23
He didn't "save the day" he just shot up a brothel because it was easier than shooting up a political rally.

He didn't know what he was gonna do until he did it, he just knew it was going to be something big. He had the whole duality of man thing going on, he might act on some of his "bad ideas in my head" or he might go with the "hero fantasy" he had been writing his parents about.

It really depended upon how the ball bounced, and in this instance he became "the hero who risked life and limb to save a little girl."

26 Inf
01-29-18, 20:05
Why do you guys have to screw up good movies by going all 'narrative literature through film' on them and ascribing all kinds of lofty motives?

Jeez, sometimes it's just that you miss your sled.

SteyrAUG
01-29-18, 20:10
Are you implying that he completes his Hero's Journey, marries his chick, and lives happily ever after in the country?

Because I like that more than the popular "ticking time bomb Nam vet" consensus

Yep, that's also in there. One huge wild card. I think he gets the girl, then girl eventually finds out her "imagination" Travis isn't the same as "reality" Travis, which is kind of the point of the entire movie.

Why do you guys have to screw up good movies by going all 'narrative literature through film' on them and ascribing all kinds of lofty motives?

Jeez, sometimes it's just that you miss your sled.

It makes us feel special.

Firefly
01-29-18, 20:15
So now your saying she DOES get with him but realizes he's a dodgy hick and isn't content?

Screw it. Travis eventually gets sick of NY and goes to work for DC Cab

OH58D
01-29-18, 21:15
Your discussions of Taxi Driver (Robert De Niro) reminds me of another film that meets the definition for this thread, gets little play these days, mostly forgotten....and was an Academy Award Winner:

"Dog Day Afternoon" (1975) with Al Pacino.
This film popped into my head because I met the screenplay writer for this film, Frank Pierson. He also did the screenplay for "Cool Hand Luke".

Just to provide a little more trivia, the TV Series from the 1960's with Elizabeth Montgomery titled "Bewitched" was based on a 1942 film with Fredric March and the sultry Veronica Lake titled: "I Married a Witch". Both March and Lake were top stars during the 40's. This film was only available for years in Europe on DVD.

SteyrAUG
01-29-18, 23:17
So now your saying she DOES get with him but realizes he's a dodgy hick and isn't content?

Screw it. Travis eventually gets sick of NY and goes to work for DC Cab

He gets the girl, but there is no way in hell she doesn't eventually arrive at the fact that he's a dangerous psychopath and not the selfless hero she imagined him to be.

Travis would be awesome with DC Cab.

Your discussions of Taxi Driver (Robert De Niro) reminds me of another film that meets the definition for this thread, gets little play these days, mostly forgotten....and was an Academy Award Winner:

"Dog Day Afternoon" (1975) with Al Pacino.
This film popped into my head because I met the screenplay writer for this film, Frank Pierson. He also did the screenplay for "Cool Hand Luke".

Just to provide a little more trivia, the TV Series from the 1960's with Elizabeth Montgomery titled "Bewitched" was based on a 1942 film with Fredric March and the sultry Veronica Lake titled: "I Married a Witch". Both March and Lake were top stars during the 40's. This film was only available for years in Europe on DVD.

Both Dog Day an I Married A Witch have been on DVD for years. I have Region one official releases of both.

https://www.amazon.com/I-Married-Witch-Criterion-Collection/dp/B00DZP1BVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517289398&sr=8-1&keywords=I+Married+A+Witch+dvd

ramairthree
01-30-18, 10:09
The real shame, in this day and age,
Is that I cannot search and instantly stream the results of that search.

For example,
All movies with a role played by Tawny Kitaen,
Sorted by a combination of screen time and nudity,
And instantly be able to watch for a reasonable fee.

OH58D
01-30-18, 19:06
The real shame, in this day and age,
Is that I cannot search and instantly stream the results of that search.

For example,
All movies with a role played by Tawny Kitaen,
Sorted by a combination of screen time and nudity,
And instantly be able to watch for a reasonable fee.
That is a name I had forgotten. I remember her from a mid 80's film titled "Witchboard".

In the horror genre, I have always been a fan of the Hammer Seven Arts films directed by Terence Fisher, sometimes starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. One film from ca. 1970 was Scream and Scream Again. Was visiting some cousins in San Diego and they lived close to a Drive-In. We'd crawl over the fence, turn up some of the speakers at unused stalls and watch the movie just outside the fence. That was one of them. I was 10 at the time.

Firefly
01-30-18, 19:15
Tawny Kitaen?!

Aside from being the Whitesnake girl, didnt OJ famously GHBTP and declare "This is mine! This is where my babies come from!"

Thanks but no thanks.

Now the Cherry Pie girl....is like 50 now but still...

SteyrAUG
01-30-18, 23:40
That is a name I had forgotten. I remember her from a mid 80's film titled "Witchboard".

In the horror genre, I have always been a fan of the Hammer Seven Arts films directed by Terence Fisher, sometimes starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. One film from ca. 1970 was Scream and Scream Again. Was visiting some cousins in San Diego and they lived close to a Drive-In. We'd crawl over the fence, turn up some of the speakers at unused stalls and watch the movie just outside the fence. That was one of them. I was 10 at the time.

Huge Hammer fan. Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter starring Caroline Munro is among my favorites. Love the feel of Hammer films, they really nailed the gothic horror thing that hadn't been seen since the 1930s Universal originals.

OH58D
01-31-18, 08:30
Huge Hammer fan. Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter starring Caroline Munro is among my favorites. Love the feel of Hammer films, they really nailed the gothic horror thing that hadn't been seen since the 1930s Universal originals.
Nice to run into another connoisseur of Hammer Seven Arts films. They just had that look with production value you'd see only in higher budget films.

As you are most likely aware, at the same time during the early to mid-60's, the US was churning out their own horror films, but not on the same level. These were released by American International Pictures, sometimes directed by Roger Corman and sometimes starring Vincent Price. Fun to watch, but not the same feel. Many times a film version of an Edgar Allen Poe work.

By 1968 a British production house called Tigon attracted Vincent Price to do a film titled "Witchfinder General", renamed "The Conqueror Worm". Had the same look and feel of the Hammer films, shot in England and released by American International Pictures. They did a series of films including the previously mentioned "Scream and Scream Again" from 1970.

I collect rare movie posters and have a handful from the Hammer productions.

chuckman
01-31-18, 12:08
Another film not seen too often is Dennis Weaver's Duel from 1971, directed by Steven Spielberg (I think his first major film). It was considered a loser by the studio and released in Europe first. After success there, it was released in the US as a TV movie of the week. A blooper in that film is when Dennis Weaver is in a phone booth. You can see the reflection of a young Spielberg in the background.

A cult movie, on TV from time to time, but they still show it at film festivals.

Firefly
01-31-18, 17:49
All this Taxi Driver talk....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq8_KKAsQak

SteyrAUG
01-31-18, 18:19
All this Taxi Driver talk....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq8_KKAsQak

Crap, now I have to watch it again. One of the few films I've watched as much as The Godfather, Game of Death (Bruce Lee fan), The Exterminator, Die Hard and Heat. Never really gets old. Funny how that trailer makes it seem like a completely different film.

mstennes
02-03-18, 17:53
How about McQ or or the 1984 classic Repo Man, we used to watch them all the time and now no one even knows about Repo Man and allot ha e not heard of McQ or seen it.

SteyrAUG
02-03-18, 19:08
How about McQ or or the 1984 classic Repo Man, we used to watch them all the time and now no one even knows about Repo Man and allot ha e not heard of McQ or seen it.

Repo Man kinda sucked, it was a strange 80s movie and not in a good "Night of the Comet" kind of way. McQ was great, especially with the early appearance of the Ingram M-10, it kinda got eclipsed by Rockford Files.

Firefly
02-03-18, 19:35
"Daddy would have gotten us UZIs"

SteyrAUG
02-03-18, 23:10

This man has studied the sutras.

mstennes
02-04-18, 01:56
Repo Man kinda sucked, it was a strange 80s movie and not in a good "Night of the Comet" kind of way. McQ was great, especially with the early appearance of the Ingram M-10, it kinda got eclipsed by Rockford Files.

I’ve forgotten all about Night of the Comet. To be honest it’s been along time since I’ve seen Repo Man, I do remember thinking WTF on the ending, and I may or may not have been drinking when I saw it, if your talking strange, what about Buckaroo Bonzai?

mstennes
02-04-18, 02:03

Lol, that reminds me of Robert Downey JR to Mel Gibson in Air America, “Excuse Me, Is That A UZI?” “

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8R2xjLKLLHg

SteyrAUG
02-04-18, 03:15
I’ve forgotten all about Night of the Comet. To be honest it’s been along time since I’ve seen Repo Man, I do remember thinking WTF on the ending, and I may or may not have been drinking when I saw it, if your talking strange, what about Buckaroo Bonzai?

Yeah, but Buckaroo Banzai, Big Trouble in Little China and Time Bandits...you KNEW you were in for something very, very different.

mstennes
02-04-18, 11:14
Yeah, but Buckaroo Banzai, Big Trouble in Little China and Time Bandits...you KNEW you were in for something very, very different.

Good point.

Doc Safari
02-05-18, 09:13
I liked Repo Man, but then again I was "that age" when it came out and I certainly identified with the main character's "F everybody" attitude.

"The life of a Repo man is always intense."