PDA

View Full Version : Best of Shot Show 2018?

TMS951
01-30-18, 13:20
What did people see who attended that they were really impressed by?

Game changers? Must have items? Incremental improvements still worth mention?

Caduceus
01-30-18, 21:34
There's a thread in GD, but it deteriorated to old guys reminiscing by page 3 or 4. That probably speaks volumes about the show.

VIP3R 237
01-30-18, 21:51
I was able to go to industry day for the first time and a few things stood out to me:

Tavor shotgun should be a huge winner.
Geissele Rem 700 triggers are great, especially the single stage. Their mk16 handguard is amazing and I hope and pray it becomes available separately.
The new OSS suppressors are heads and shoulders better than previous gens and are imo the nicest suppressor I was able to shoot at industry day.
The Archon Type B pistols are great and hopefully meet the hype.
The integrally suppressed AK has promise but was heavy and had bad gas blowback.
Everyone has a 6.5 creedmoor now.
The brownells retro rifles are a huge hit with everyone who saw them.

At Shot there wasn’t a ton on new things, but here’s a few highlights
I am impressed by LMT’s ambi lowers and mlok hanguards, as well as their new Pdw style stock that isn’t stupid like everyone else’s.
The nightforce 1-8x should be a winner, it’s smaller and lighter than I expected.
Bushnell has upped their game across the board, they have some very impressive optics.
Ets is coming out with mp5 mags which I’m excited for.
Oh and KAC is offering SR25 uppers in 6.5cm.

MistWolf
01-31-18, 01:56
Geissele 700 trigger was amazing. I like the two stage version.

They're bring back the 44 Automag, the sexiest "Super Pistol" ever made. The machine work is exquisite. Big Thunder lives!

Brownell's retro ARs are very cool.

Sig 365. A ten shot 9mm no bigger than a Glock 43. 12 shot extended mags optional. The most size efficient handgun in its category.

Large selection of night vision & thermal imaging optics looking better than ever.

Getting to meet some terrific people.

MistWolf
01-31-18, 02:06
Geissele 700 trigger was amazing. I like the two stage version.

They're bring back the 44 Automag, the sexiest "Super Pistol" ever made. The machine work is exquisite. Big Thunder lives!

Brownell's retro ARs are very cool.

Sig 365. A ten shot 9mm no bigger than a Glock 43. 12 shot extended mags optional. The most size efficient handgun in its category.

Large selection of night vision & thermal imaging optics looking better than ever.

Getting to meet some terrific people.

Tuukka
02-05-18, 05:29
The KAC LAMG was pretty smooth shooting.

Shot an Ultimax 100 several times 15+ years ago ago ( former employer had one )

So hard to compare exactly, but IIRC they had a man sized silhuette target at 100, really easy to keep it on that off hand.

Another name to keep in mind, True Velocity

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-05-18, 08:48
The KAC LAMG was pretty smooth shooting.

Shot an Ultimax 100 several times 15+ years ago ago ( former employer had one )

So hard to compare exactly, but IIRC they had a man sized silhuette target at 100, really easy to keep it on that off hand.

Another name to keep in mind, True Velocity

https://www.knightarmco.com/12627/shop/military/lamg

Is that how they had it set up? The rear sights seem too far back? Nice little concept.

longshot2000
02-11-18, 18:45
This was my first SHOTSHOW. Overwhelmed. Great experience, but literally, all work for 4 days, and walking and walking.

Two biggest observations:

1) .224 Valkyire. Everywhere. I did not know I needed one until I got to SHOT and every gun manufacturer wanted to talk about it.
2) Year of the short-dot. Some really great short range scopes: 1-4x, 1-6x, 1-8x, etc. The good scope makers had them on display, and some moderately priced as well. I liked what I saw.

Here is a few blog entries, if anyone reads that sort of stuff. For me, these were my first blogs, so I had fun.

https://charliescustomclones.com/blogs/shot-show

:cool:

Dragon01
02-20-18, 21:04
Did anyone happen to play with the 10mm Noveske PDW? I only saw one video mention it, and a few websites, but nothing notable. I have a Q Honey Badger in NFA jail, so the stock is familiar, and I love PCC's. I was just wondering what others thought of it. It is supposed to be released by end of Q1.

ginzomatic
03-05-18, 13:03
Did anyone happen to play with the 10mm Noveske PDW? I only saw one video mention it, and a few websites, but nothing notable. I have a Q Honey Badger in NFA jail, so the stock is familiar, and I love PCC's. I was just wondering what others thought of it. It is supposed to be released by end of Q1.

I like it a lot. I've been checking Noveske's site daily so I can order as soon as it populates

yoni
03-05-18, 16:06
Noveske in 9x25 would really be great. I have been looking to see if anyone makes one currently, that is how cool I think the idea is.

Dragon01
03-05-18, 17:23
I like it a lot. I've been checking Noveske's site daily so I can order as soon as it populates

I called a few weeks back and they said they were still in the R&D stage, but did have working firearms. The rep also said that the timeline was more likely late spring/ early summer for release. They also noted that at that time they had not decided if they will open for pre-order, or just dealer release. I am keeping my eye on it as well.

ginzomatic
03-05-18, 17:33
I called a few weeks back and they said they were still in the R&D stage, but did have working firearms. The rep also said that the timeline was more likely late spring/ early summer for release. They also noted that at that time they had not decided if they will open for pre-order, or just dealer release. I am keeping my eye on it as well.

Good to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longshot2000
03-18-18, 17:42
This was my first SHOTSHOW. Overwhelmed. Great experience, but literally, all work for 4 days, and walking and walking.

Two biggest observations:

1) .224 Valkyire. Everywhere. I did not know I needed one until I got to SHOT and every gun manufacturer wanted to talk about it.
2) Year of the short-dot. Some really great short range scopes: 1-4x, 1-6x, 1-8x, etc. The good scope makers had them on display, and some moderately priced as well. I liked what I saw.

Here is a few blog entries, if anyone reads that sort of stuff. For me, these were my first blogs, so I had fun.

https://charliescustomclones.com/blogs/shot-show

:cool:

I was going to add another entry, but we are too far beyond ShotShow. I think #1 and #2 are still true.

longshot2000
06-24-18, 21:47
Looking forward to SHOTSHOW 2019 already.

longshot2000
11-23-18, 21:49
already thinking of an update for 2019...

pipboy344
11-29-18, 15:00
already thinking of an update for 2019...

Thanks to some leaked listings & sneaky remarks from Brownells Arfcom account, looks like they’re bringing clones of the original trigger charging handle AR-15 prototype with 25 round straight magazines & the Colt 605 to the show to add to their retro line.

pipboy344
11-29-18, 15:06
605 is now up for pre-order with photos. Brownells says we won’t see the prototype clone until the show. https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/brn-605-5-56-prod124180.aspx?avad=avant&aid=41227&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom+Link&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine

ginzomatic
01-23-19, 17:14
Where the hell is Noveske?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk