PDA

View Full Version : Calling all movie buffs: Steve McQueen in "The Hunter"

The_War_Wagon
01-30-18, 14:47
FINALLY got around to watching this one all the way through; presuming the bad guy is wielding an SP-1, before he gets blown up at the end of the movie. But what kind of Starlight(?) scope does he have mounted to it though? It's one big honkin' piece o' kit!

chuckman
01-30-18, 15:03
Good question. I don't think it was a Starlight; but then, it's been years since I have seen the movie. If I recall, the scope was big, but not Starlight big. I do remember some sweet 1911 action and Winchester Model 70s, too.

Moose-Knuckle
01-30-18, 15:30
FINALLY got around to watching this one all the way through; presuming the bad guy is wielding an SP-1, before he gets blown up at the end of the movie. But what kind of Starlight(?) scope does he have mounted to it though? It's one big honkin' piece o' kit!

The rifle was an M16A1, I believe the optic was a AN/PVS-1 (Starlight Scope Gen I).

Pic here:
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Hunter,_The_(1980)

SteyrAUG
01-30-18, 16:26
The rifle was an M16A1, I believe the optic was a AN/PVS-1 (Starlight Scope Gen I).

Pic here:
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Hunter,_The_(1980)

Yep, I remember buying those from WhatACountry about 15 years ago.

Moose-Knuckle
01-30-18, 16:55
Yep, I remember buying those from WhatACountry about 15 years ago.

I miss their $5 E German Bakelites.

SteyrAUG
01-30-18, 18:51
I miss their $5 E German Bakelites.

I miss NIW 4 packs of E. German Bakelites in the pouch for $24.95 from CDNN. Had I only known...

Moose-Knuckle
01-31-18, 12:44
I miss NIW 4 packs of E. German Bakelites in the pouch for $24.95 from CDNN. Had I only known...

Hah, missed those deals but I cleaned up with Ohio Ordinance back when they were running new Bulgarian (Circle 21) Black, Firebrick Red, Brown, etc. '74 polymer mags for the paltry sum of $16 per four pack in canvas pouches. I still have unopened boxes of mags.

Some of the those colors are not found now and the black ones fetch $45 retail. I need to get around to seeing what the brown and red ones go for now days, I might be able to pad my retirement.