PDA

View Full Version : How 'exact' is your muzzle break?

jrcii
01-30-18, 16:27
Hello All,

I installed a SilencerCo muzzle break on a rifle recently. If I use a bubble level on the scope turret or the receiver rail, the bubble is exactly centred. If I then put the bubble level on the flat part of the muzzle break, it shifts slightly so that it almost touches on one of the lines. I'd say it's between 1 and 3 degrees off center.

Will this have an appreciable impact on this rifle? Is it worth ordering a new shim set, cleaning up the threads and trying again? This is on a 223 rifle and I'm not planning on 1000m shots or anything.

Thanks,

JRC

MegademiC
01-30-18, 16:46
Did you notice anything when you shot it?

No, it wont matter

jrcii
01-30-18, 17:00
Did you notice anything when you shot it?

No, it wont matter

I was hoping that was the case. I installed it last weekend and I thought I'd ask here before I wasted a range trip if it was going to screw things up. And, knowing me, I'd probably be able convince myself that it was something other than the break anyway :)

Thanks for the info.

JRC

gaijin
01-30-18, 19:12
Absolutely.

Don’t worry about it.

I’ll add; I’ve seen and shot guns that had intentionally “clocked” the Comp higher on the starboard side to attempt to counter the “up and right” muzzle hop of a right hand twist barrel.
It had no negative effect on function or accuracy.
I wouldn’t want to shoot one set up like this prone, in a the dirt however.

Grip
01-31-18, 15:10
looking at the front of the muzzle device/rail/gas block. My ASR brake is slightly tighter than being level. Makes no difference that I can feel.

I'm curious as to how many degrees out it would have to be to feel/see the difference.