PDA

View Full Version : CZ P07 VS Glock 19x

HeruMew
02-01-18, 08:44
Hello all, I am moderately intimidated posting this, as I am leaning one way already, and I am slightly confident I know many will advocate just getting a 19 or 17. The reality is, I am looking to buy something that comes with stock night sights, one way or the other.

Whichever I go with, I will ultimately be carrying EDC once it's vetted.

So, I am considering one of these two options:

CZ Urban Grey P07 (About $504.00)
Pros:
-Ergos
-Trigger
-DA/SA
-Decently Accurate by most standards
-Suppressor Ready and Night Sights
-15 Round Grip Profile

Cons:
-Need extra mags
-Need Compatible Holster
-Different shooting profile to get accustom to.

Glock 19X (About $594.00)
Pros:
-I EDC a 26 Gen4 now / Ergo Profile would be familiar.
-The holster I have works for this already.
-Same Capacity as the P07 extended mags, but will have a 19rd reload.
-Better grip length for meaty hands
-Have extra Gen4 17 rounders.
-Will have a similar profile to the Canik TP9 I carried IWB for a long time.
-Marksman Barrel (The glocks already outshoot me, so this is awesome in my mind.)

Cons:
-Not very tested at the moment
-Not suppressor ready (but made so very easily if I desire)
-Not compatible with my Striker Gadget (would be inclined to pre-order the Gen5 model that releases in February.)

So,

I wanted to try something different, but, now I am debating my choice. I am a youngin', and I have a lot of time to still find something else in the future.

As far as the Striker Gadget goes, I like the use of it as it replicates what I was trained on the most: DA/SA pistols. Oddly enough, I grew up on Hammer Fired, but when I reached gun owning age, I seemed to only acquire Striker Fired.

With that, I leave it to your input. Don't be rough with me, I only get this kind of a cash a couple times a year, and I know I wanted to upgrade to a longer barrel profile. I am confident I can carry both easily, just not 100% confident in which one I should go with. Figured I would ask for some knowledgeable input.

Seeing as a bunch of our members own one of these, or the other, I hope to get a good variance of input.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for putting up with my indecisiveness.

YVK
02-01-18, 09:15
If you already have a 26, it just makes more sense to me to get a Glock and have a two-gun setup for different circumstances. I have a 19X and I think it is the best Glock I ever had but I wouldn't carry it because of a grip size (but I would carry it over the 17 if 19x vs 17 was the question).

crusader377
02-01-18, 09:36
I would go with the Glock 19X because it is a platform you are more familiar with. Although many of us (Myself included) have multiple pistols across multiple platforms, it is more expensive to maintain a good level of proficiency across multiple platforms because of the different manual of arms.

ginzomatic
02-01-18, 09:40
If you already have a 26, it just makes more sense to me to get a Glock and have a two-gun setup for different circumstances. I have a 19X and I think it is the best Glock I ever had but I wouldn't carry it because of a grip size (but I would carry it over the 17 if 19x vs 17 was the question).

this plus one

Arik
02-01-18, 09:58
Both should be good guns. Your more familiar with DA/SA. You're going to have to buy mags anyway but CZ is a bit more expensive and not typically found in stores, if that's how you buy mags. Holsters are what....$60 +/-. I'd just buy one and stick with it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

whatthepuck
02-01-18, 13:47
Get the 19x or sell your g26 and buy 2 P07s. I’d go Glock since that’s what I personally prefer, but nothing wrong with a da/sa CZ if that’s what you prefer.

hopetonbrown
02-01-18, 16:30
The Gen 5 Glock 17 and 19s can come from the factory with the Ameriglo Agent sights, which are kinda like Trijicon HDs but better.

If the Gen 5 Gadget isn't out it should be soon.

I think most people struggle with a 10lb double action shot, which explains the popularity of striker guns.

You really need 2 similar guns. Really shouldn't be shooting your carry gun much after you've vetted it with your carry ammo. 1 to carry the other to shoot.

Chipper78
02-01-18, 16:45
If you went with the P-07 you could get a P-09 mag for your spare and have a 19 round reload. My bedside gun is a P-07 with a P-09 mag with a plus two for 21 total rounds, 22 if I topped off. It has been to the range extensively and works great. I went from a striker fired pistol to the CZ and it did take some practice to master, and takes practice to maintain. But for me the ergos are perfect. Either way you’ll have a good reliable gun. If you’re already invested in the Glock platform it might make sense to just stick with that.

shiv
02-01-18, 17:02
You point to the CZ being “suppressor ready”, but so you intend to suppress the gun?

If you do and would need a G19 barrel for the cab, add $150 to the price of the Glock. Then your sights are going to be short, so add another $80. That offsets magazine and holster costs.

I carry a G19 daily and have since 2011 with the exception of a six month period with a VP9. I actually owned a CZ75 P-07 Duty for a short spell and loved it, but magazine and holster cost as well as general logistics of keeping another platform up and running in my rotation made me sell it. I must say, I somewhat regret that decision and have been eye-balling picking up another P07 if one shows up locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
02-01-18, 17:40
I have been, as of today, looking at picking up a P07 for something different and because I have always liked them. Plus, this price;

https://www.preppergunshop.com/cz-75-pistol-cz-p-07-9mm-4-3-17rd-urban-gray-suppressor-ready?mc_cid=d9e9486b5c&mc_eid=de0279e7a9

BrigandTwoFour
02-01-18, 18:09
I've been in a similar dilemma, but between the P07 and some other options. I've never been a Glock fan, and have spent the most time shooting a Beretta 92A1 and carrying an FNS-9.

I understand the advice to stick within the Glock family, since you are already accustomed to it. That said, I've never seen an issue with trying other options and seeing if you like it better. The P-07 seems to be a solid option, and the one I'm going with as soon as some funds free up. However, that said, my understanding is that "night sights" that come on the P-07 are rather crappy. If you're looking for something good out of the box, or aren't willing to spend some money to get better sights, there are other places to look.

Bodhi
02-01-18, 18:53
Of those two, p07.

If I buy another Glock, I'll probably go back to a gen 3 19.

I do love my p07 though.

yoni
02-01-18, 19:06
My P07 has so impressed me that I will say hands down it is the best pistol I have ever owned regardless of price.

m4brian
02-01-18, 20:15
Despite sometimes having sucky triggers OTB, the P07 shoots VERY accurately and easily in most hands. The grip angle is just right and the way the pistol lends itself to high thumbs forward is great. And... it shoots soft.

MegademiC
02-01-18, 20:29
Is this a fun gun or for serious use?

If its for “real” use, what practical improvements are you looking to gain over what you already have(any pistols besides the g26 included)?
You list DA/SA as a benefit. Why?

Are you really going to silence it? If not, its not a benefit. If you are, as someone else mentioned, youll need a barrel. I disagree with sights though, std hight sights work fine in my experience, assuming they are night sights.

Leaveammoforme
02-01-18, 21:00
While both pistols are functional and reliable, I prefer the P07. I don't have anything against a G19 and I shoot both well (or poorly).

The grip, the single action trigger and the safety that is in a location reminiscent of a 1911 are what draws me in.

MSparks909
02-01-18, 21:55

Just do this. Simplest solution.

HeruMew
02-02-18, 07:36
Overall, WOW!

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone. I didn't really expect 2 full pages of awesome feedback.

I do have to say, I am more aligned in the middle, if not leaning towards P07, after a lot of the rhetoric.

Sounds like both will serve me very well. Overall, I would have never expected to have nearly 30 votes and be within a 10 percent difference between the two.

I am inclined to agree, this was the way I was leaning. Now I am more in the middle than ever after reading the input on this forum.

You point to the CZ being “suppressor ready”, but so you intend to suppress the gun?

If you do and would need a G19 barrel for the cab, add $150 to the price of the Glock. Then your sights are going to be short, so add another $80. That offsets magazine and holster costs.

I carry a G19 daily and have since 2011 with the exception of a six month period with a VP9. I actually owned a CZ75 P-07 Duty for a short spell and loved it, but magazine and holster cost as well as general logistics of keeping another platform up and running in my rotation made me sell it. I must say, I somewhat regret that decision and have been eye-balling picking up another P07 if one shows up locally.

I planned on Form 4 later this year. I know, ultimately, that it will be awhile for a suppressor. It being Suppressor ready is a pro, but not a deal breaker as it would be awhile before a can goes on it.

You do make a very very good point. It makes sense as well.

I have been, as of today, looking at picking up a P07 for something different and because I have always liked them. Plus, this price;

https://www.preppergunshop.com/cz-75-pistol-cz-p-07-9mm-4-3-17rd-urban-gray-suppressor-ready?mc_cid=d9e9486b5c&mc_eid=de0279e7a9

OOooooo;

I must admit, this does change a bit. 459 is a hell of a lot cheaper than it was when I last looked.

I've been in a similar dilemma, but between the P07 and some other options. I've never been a Glock fan, and have spent the most time shooting a Beretta 92A1 and carrying an FNS-9.

I understand the advice to stick within the Glock family, since you are already accustomed to it. That said, I've never seen an issue with trying other options and seeing if you like it better. The P-07 seems to be a solid option, and the one I'm going with as soon as some funds free up. However, that said, my understanding is that "night sights" that come on the P-07 are rather crappy. If you're looking for something good out of the box, or aren't willing to spend some money to get better sights, there are other places to look.

Hmm, I do wonder what the true quality of them is. I haven't heard that prior, but considering the price of the firearm, it's to be expected.

HeruMew
02-02-18, 07:54
Of those two, p07.

If I buy another Glock, I'll probably go back to a gen 3 19.

I do love my p07 though.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

My P07 has so impressed me that I will say hands down it is the best pistol I have ever owned regardless of price.

Well, damn. I do trust your input quite a bit around here as well. That resonates pretty dang well.

Despite sometimes having sucky triggers OTB, the P07 shoots VERY accurately and easily in most hands. The grip angle is just right and the way the pistol lends itself to high thumbs forward is great. And... it shoots soft.

Any suggestions on if this breaks in after a certain period, or do some just come with better triggers and some of the lesser ones need to be upgraded by CJW, etc? I didn't plan on doing anything CJW. I am from the school of running them stock and figuring out what work and doesn't.

Is this a fun gun or for serious use?

If its for “real” use, what practical improvements are you looking to gain over what you already have(any pistols besides the g26 included)?
You list DA/SA as a benefit. Why?

Are you really going to silence it? If not, its not a benefit. If you are, as someone else mentioned, youll need a barrel. I disagree with sights though, std hight sights work fine in my experience, assuming they are night sights.

I will be getting a can within the next 12-18 months (including NFA Jail time), and I wanted to have something to use it for. However, evaluating the comments about limiting my Carry Gun to just Carry is a much better option. Thanks for the input though, using the Tall Sights vs Standard Sights isn't something I have had to try with a can.

My biggest improvement is longer ranged accuracy. It takes to about 45 yards where I have troubles ringing the 8" plate with my G26. If I go REALLY slow, I can land most of them, but it's something I have wanted to try. I can shoot far better with my Zastava EZ9, but it's not a piece I am comfortable carrying (just some silly issues with it). I am hoping that moving to a longer platform, both with perceptibly better triggers than the Gen4 G26, will help with that longer range followup and speeds. From 7 yards though, I can plant shots easy with the 26. I just want to give myself more of that edge with my carry gun. I will admit though, working my strings with this sub-compact has been very educational and rewarding.

Ideally, I would like the opportunity to use a WML on my carry gun as well.

While both pistols are functional and reliable, I prefer the P07. I don't have anything against a G19 and I shoot both well (or poorly).

The grip, the single action trigger and the safety that is in a location reminiscent of a 1911 are what draws me in.

Sadly, I have only had a couple opportunities to shoot 1911s. But, I was a youngin when the guy my mother was cheating on my father with (yes, no joke here) brought me out and had me learning the Berretta 92. He was a Gulf War vet who took a 7.62 to the side and was discharged. For a few years the only guns I shot were Berretta. He had a Glock .45 GAP for his Wife, (again, no joke here) that I got to try a few times. My first instructor led training was paid for by him at 17, that's where the holster techniques came into play. It was all taught on a DA/SA. I took another couple classes after that at 18 and 19. When I turned 18 I was gifted a HiPoint (one of the best trainers for trigger control ever), at 20 I took my CCW Class with the same guy and my mother.

The level of Drama in my childhood was almost entertaining. Believe it or not, we all turned out moderately okay. Between my parents and us three kids.

02-02-18, 09:29
You already carry and shoot the 26 well. That's something to consider because the mag, holster, and training commonality streamlines your life quite a bit.

I'll go a different direction and recommend a Gen4 17 or 19 since it will be the closest to your 26. Trigger characteristics and most parts are the same.

I have a lot of time with TDA autos and comfortable with them but don't consider anything about 'em an advantage other than being able to thumb the hammer.

LDB
02-02-18, 10:54
I'll +1 with Glock since you are familiar and comfortable with it. And I'm going to search/research but what is a Striker Gadget?

HeruMew
02-02-18, 12:07
I'll +1 with Glock since you are familiar and comfortable with it. And I'm going to search/research but what is a Striker Gadget?

Tom Jones & Todd Green patented the design to add another layer of "safety" when holstering firearms.

I had a review up of it under the forums somewhere, but it replicates the push of a hammer coming back if something hits the trigger.

I've found I don't really need it, but it's an extra comfort and fits the manual of arms I've known.

Fits into the Niche of "Fixing a Problem that doesn't exist" which is why I am not too worried if I can't get one for a Gen5 right away. But, it's still tempting. Even though I keep telling myself: You don't need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgzRXi_0Guw

TROPICS
02-02-18, 14:08
19x and its not even close.

LDB
02-02-18, 15:57
Interesting. Something I never knew I needed. Thanks. :)

ritepath
02-02-18, 17:28
P-07 and it's not even close.

WickedWillis
02-02-18, 17:49
P-07 and it's not even close.

I just really want to shoot one before buying because I don't want to regret one.

shiv
02-02-18, 18:32
I just really want to shoot one before buying because I don't want to regret one.

I’ve always struggled to shoot Glocks. I carry them for their simplicity and logistical advantages. It’s taken lots of training to get proficient with Glock. CZs are just more natural. There is lots of potential with the Omega trigger system. They aren’t as prolific as Glocks, so happening into one to try may be difficult. I recommend picking one up if you can afford it. If you don’t like it, used units sell fast.

TROPICS
02-02-18, 19:14
the CZ feels cheap compared to the glock.

m4brian
02-02-18, 19:28
Huh?

The polymer is solid. Internals are robust and well finished. Slide and barrel finish are quite durable. Machining is superb. Sights OTB are steel and quite useable. If you don’t like the plastic decocker, OK. But cheap? No.

Biggest drawback is the DA trigger which can be very gritty and stagey. But they are very easy to shoot accurately despite this.

shiv
02-02-18, 19:59

I question whether you have ever fired one. Way more machining goes into the CZ and it’s much cleaner than the Glock castings. The polymer moldings on the CZ are very precise and non-distorted vs your average flimsy Glock that has a bent dust cover.

shiv
02-02-18, 20:01
Biggest drawback is the DA trigger which can be very gritty and stagey. But they are very easy to shoot accurately despite this.

They really smooth out over a few thousand rounds. Also the Cajun guns are very nice. The one I had was second-hand and a little stagey at first but dryfire worked wonders.

Bodhi
02-02-18, 20:02

Quality garbage post.

TROPICS
02-02-18, 20:12
Does that include the p07s with bulged frames or no?

m4brian
02-02-18, 20:26
the CZ feels cheap compared to the glock.. That was a gen 1 problem. No more.

I question whether you have ever fired one. Way more machining goes into the CZ and it’s much cleaner than the Glock castings. The polymer moldings on the CZ are very precise and non-distorted vs your average flimsy Glock that has a bent dust cover.

TROPICS
02-02-18, 20:30
Well can't the same thing be said for bent dust covers on glocks since the 19xs don't have it or is that a no go?

shiv
02-02-18, 20:33
Well can't the same thing be said for bent dust covers on glocks since the 19xs don't have it or is that a no go?

I dunno about yours, but my new Gen 5 does.

HeruMew
02-03-18, 13:20
Currently, if the prices stay around the 450 range it is, I am tempted to go:
P07 with Black Rhino Concealment Holster and APLc.

The package would be about the same price as the 19x, and would suffice to try another type of carry.

Worst comes to worst, I can always trade up to a Glock 19.

Nonetheless, the input on this forum has been amazing. A lot of great suggestions, and a ton of personal anecdotal evidence to help make my decision.

I was leaning 19X, for many of the reasons provided.

I am sure I will purchase another Glock in the next couple years, but at least I have the 26 to fall back on in the meantime if it doesn't work out.

Haven't invested any monies yet, will be clicking purchase in the next week or so and will post up pictures of what I go with.

I appreciate and value all the input.

BrigandTwoFour
02-03-18, 16:05
Quality garbage post.

I'm not usually one to dig through prior post history, but the troll-like responses in this thread made me do it. Lots of CZ bashing and Glock love in his post history.

/shrug

seb5
02-03-18, 16:22
The best reason to buy a new pistol is because you want it. That's not the best reason to buy a new EDC pistol. Over the years I've carried many different types of pistols but for the last 18 years, 90% Glock. I'll ocassionally buy something new, like the 19X last week but I'm not replacing my carry guns with it. Carry what you're most competent and familiar with.

HeruMew
02-07-18, 10:07
http://image.ibb.co/czx2Yx/p07purchase.png

Should be hitting submit here in a few.

Just wanted to say thank you again to all of the input from everyone. I want to go through some of the leanings I had here:

I started off thinking 19X, because, it's Glock. I have spare mags, it's what I have carried regularly. But I knew the pricing and Gadget cost would put me at about 670-700 after fees.

Throughout the beginning of this post, the P07 and Glock were head to head with votes. But the posts, and rhetoric built, really leaned me away from Glock and put me right in the middle. At a point even harder to determine.

When I saw WickedWillis post the gun.deals find, I couldn't help but be a bit drawn to that.

So, through a lot of the anecdotal experience being shared about the P07, I couldn't ignore that a few prominent members discussed it being one of the best carry firearms to their liking.

With the cost of a holster factored in at 67 dollars for Black Rhino Concealment, and the $100 dollars for the APL, I will have a setup that I have been wanting to try for a very long time, but haven't.

In total, I am looking at around 620 total, for the entire setup. That's the biggest draw, to be honest. Worst comes to worst, I have an APL I can transition over. Best that happens, I find this setup to be wonderful and work well for me.

I am truly excited to finalize the package and provide a final photo. My guess is 3 weeks out due to lead time on the holster and shipping times for the light and pistol.

Best benefit out of this purchase? I found that the Old Timey Hardware store that is only a mile away actually does FFL transfers. I couldn't believe that. I knew they sold ammo, and they used to sell guns years back. But when they dropped the guns, I thought that was the end to their FFL. So, when it does come in, I no longer have to drive 30 minutes away to the guy who charges 20 bucks. I will pay the extra 5 to get it within 10 minutes of the phone call.

Most importantly, I know that with Glock being in the lead, my purchase is in contrary to that. But know that I still trust the evidence and statements provided about the Glock. Worst comes to worst, I trade into a Glock 19 and work with that.

Truly though, 54 votes later, 4 pages of comments, and I am grateful every day to have an awesome community to refer to for input.

LDB
02-07-18, 13:18
Good luck with it. Hopefully it will be everything you want it to be.

yoni
02-07-18, 14:22
Good luck with your P07.

I bought mine and had it sent straight to Cajun, as I have said it has become my favorite pistol in no time.

I have a P09 that will soon also go to cajun, but after a bunch of dry firing it really has smoothed out.

Potss
02-11-18, 10:37
I second getting it Cajunized ASAP, makes an already great gun beyond excellent.

HeruMew
02-13-18, 10:32
Well,

Aside from some customer service issues on the FFL side, I was able to get this in Today.

Shoulda been able to pick it up yesterday, but the FFL never called and the Delivery provider's tracking didn't even produce results until this AM. So, needless to say, I was a bit bitter about that.

I have it in my hands, nonetheless, and it's beautiful. Has a little bit of grittiness in the DA pull, but it's already started smoothing out in the dry fires.

I will be popping rounds off at the home range as soon as I can today. Around lunch or after work.

Will be running at least 200 through it. I also picked up an extra box of carry ammo to make sure I run 50 of those through before a deep cleaning and oiling for carry.

APL will be tomorrow, Black Rhino should be in sometime next week. Possibly Saturday if I am really lucky.

I am also very very happy I went this route. I can't believe the slides of the 26 and the P07 are almost exact same length, the beaver tail pushes it to a longer length, but I like the grip profile and length of the P07 quite a bit. My hand are just small enough to keep all my fingers on the grip but big enough that using the extension does give my pinky a tiny bit more purchase.

Mine, of course, did not come with the flush base plates. :( So I will be reaching out to CZ to see if they'll ship em out.

Now, to question: It seems there isn't much difference, but would there be an issue using the 16 flush fit mags versus the new 15 rounders? For magazine ejection and such, I mean. These extended mags shoot out of the magwell, absolutely impressed with that. I would rather have that then an extra round on a flush fit mag.

Thanks again to everyone for all their input and help.

https://image.ibb.co/ecyd1S/S0152113.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/mVUCT7/S0132110.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/knFmo7/S0162114.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/cuYBMS/S0172115_Copy.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/jV2VgS/S0122109.jpg

Chipper78
02-13-18, 13:29
No issues using 16 round mags at all. Just load them to fifteen and they work just fine. The only difference between the two are the holes and numbers in the sides. Crap just reread your post. Realized you wanted to load them to 16. I have loaded them to 16 and they functioned fine but it’s really hard to get the last round in. I guess that’s why CZ dropped the capacity from 16 to 15 between the P-07 duty and the P-07. Sorry I was distracted by your pictures.

WickedWillis
02-13-18, 13:47
Well,

Aside from some customer service issues on the FFL side, I was able to get this in Today.

Shoulda been able to pick it up yesterday, but the FFL never called and the Delivery provider's tracking didn't even produce results until this AM. So, needless to say, I was a bit bitter about that.

I have it in my hands, nonetheless, and it's beautiful. Has a little bit of grittiness in the DA pull, but it's already started smoothing out in the dry fires.

I will be popping rounds off at the home range as soon as I can today. Around lunch or after work.

Will be running at least 200 through it. I also picked up an extra box of carry ammo to make sure I run 50 of those through before a deep cleaning and oiling for carry.

APL will be tomorrow, Black Rhino should be in sometime next week. Possibly Saturday if I am really lucky.

I am also very very happy I went this route. I can't believe the slides of the 26 and the P07 are almost exact same length, the beaver tail pushes it to a longer length, but I like the grip profile and length of the P07 quite a bit. My hand are just small enough to keep all my fingers on the grip but big enough that using the extension does give my pinky a tiny bit more purchase.

Mine, of course, did not come with the flush base plates. :( So I will be reaching out to CZ to see if they'll ship em out.

Now, to question: It seems there isn't much difference, but would there be an issue using the 16 flush fit mags versus the new 15 rounders? For magazine ejection and such, I mean. These extended mags shoot out of the magwell, absolutely impressed with that. I would rather have that then an extra round on a flush fit mag.

Thanks again to everyone for all their input and help.

https://image.ibb.co/ecyd1S/S0152113.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/mVUCT7/S0132110.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/knFmo7/S0162114.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/cuYBMS/S0172115_Copy.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/jV2VgS/S0122109.jpg

You're making me regret not ordering it the other day, damnit I think I will have to do it after taxes roll in.

HeruMew
02-13-18, 16:01
200 rounds, I can't feel my fingers as I type this, but: I am certainly in love.

I was ringing that plate very easy out to quite a ways. The whole recoil impulse is different on it. Very flat shooting. I was surprised at how fast I was able to get back on target.

While I am happy I got to train for so long on trigger control and sight control, this is beautiful in regards to how well it shoots.

Excited to mount the light and get some carry time with this.

yoni
02-13-18, 16:04

I wish I could find such a holster for my P07 with a TLR1.

Sam
02-13-18, 16:17

Not exactly like that but some options:

http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/light-mounted/

yoni
02-13-18, 18:22
Sam the reason I like the holster I posted is how narrow it is compared to most kydex holsters. The holster I like is not a range holster, but a carry holster and I have one of these for Glock and love it.

Everybody I turned on to this holster loves it.

m4brian
02-14-18, 05:49
Congrats - glad you like it - just picked up one myself. Overall a great gun with super features and a very cool color scheme. I get tired of FDE, and this thing looks grey, tan, beige or FDE depending on lighting - CZ nailed it.

One thing I really DON'T get is all the vid reviews out there that tout how smooth the Omega trigger system is. It ain't. Unless all the reviewers get hand picked guns, ALL that I handle have some grit, and 50% are very gritty, stagey, and what I'd call sticky OTB.

I have two now that are slick as all getout with polishing Cajun parts and hundreds of rounds and thousands of dry fires, but they didn't start that way. My UG edition is fairly 'sitcky' and stagey - even after dry firing and a couple hundred rounds. Its probably worse now than when I bought it. So no - the Omega system is not smoother than the regular dual trigger bar 75 series system.

If you've worked on them and talked to CGW, the Omega is QC problems because of the way its manufactured. Plenty of grit to go around.

HOWEVER, they do get VERY nice - but it takes work. Enjoy.

MegademiC
02-14-18, 06:47

Why does it not work with the cz? People say they use the x300 version with p07s.

yoni
02-14-18, 10:00
It will not fit the P07 different sized trigger guard plus a different flashlight.

HeruMew
02-14-18, 20:16
After surprising the wife with the day off for.valentine's day, I was ecstatic to get the APL in from OpticsPlanet today.

I also did my first deep cleaning on it and am absolutely fascinated with how the trigger mechanism and hammer work.

I cleaned up the surfaces of the hammer and the... Sear Plate? And gave them a light oiling with slip 2k.

The trigger is now TOTALLY different.

The single action is smooth and crisp, the stageyness in the double action is pretty much gone and I am excited to get another 200 rounds through it with the slip2k to help break the double action in more.

Absolutely ecstatic to finish vetting and carry this. I've truly enjoyed the shootability I have with this gun.

Plus, that APL is pretty damn aesthetically pleasing.

https://image.ibb.co/fddvY7/IMG_20180214_200850.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/n6w4RS/IMG_20180214_200643.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/bRRhD7/20180214_192224.jpg

WickedWillis
02-15-18, 11:00
After surprising the wife with the day off for.valentine's day, I was ecstatic to get the APL in from OpticsPlanet today.

I also did my first deep cleaning on it and am absolutely fascinated with how the trigger mechanism and hammer work.

I cleaned up the surfaces of the hammer and the... Sear Plate? And gave them a light oiling with slip 2k.

The single action is smooth and crisp, the stageyness in the double action is pretty much gone and I am excited to get another 200 rounds through it with the slip2k to help break the double action in more.

Absolutely ecstatic to finish vetting and carry this. I've truly enjoyed the shootability I have with this gun.

Looks great! I am glad you are so happy with it thus far.

m4brian
02-16-18, 06:13

If you go to the Polymer section of the CZ Forum and look at the sticky thread (first one) you will find content that is pretty essential to P series owners on how to clean up and smooth the action. Stick to pages 1,2 and 7 for starters - the rest is a bunch of comments and miscellaneous stuff.

I just took a UG P07 and made the trigger smoother than a Legion by polishing the trigger pin, trigger bar, sear pin, hammer strut, and installing a SR kit and 15 LB spring. P07s come with poorly finished internal parts which make the trigger very gritty. As you've seen, much can be improved and if you follow the thread (not all the junk content) you can get an amazing trigger pull - not just a good one.

Its funny. The old 75s came with poorly machined slides and frames (internals), but their trigger pulls were awesome and their accuracy and reliability were second to none. The new P guns have poorly finished internals and immaculately machined slides and frame inserts.

HeruMew
02-16-18, 07:20
If you go to the Polymer section of the CZ Forum and look at the sticky thread (first one) you will find content that is pretty essential to P series owners on how to clean up and smooth the action. Stick to pages 1,2 and 7 for starters - the rest is a bunch of comments and miscellaneous stuff.

I just took a UG P07 and made the trigger smoother than a Legion by polishing the trigger pin, trigger bar, sear pin, hammer strut, and installing a SR kit and 15 LB spring. P07s come with poorly finished internal parts which make the trigger very gritty. As you've seen, much can be improved and if you follow the thread (not all the junk content) you can get an amazing trigger pull - not just a good one.

Its funny. The old 75s came with poorly machined slides and frames (internals), but their trigger pulls were awesome and their accuracy and reliability were second to none. The new P guns have poorly finished internals and immaculately machined slides and frame inserts.

Thanks for these vital details!

I also saw, on CZForums, the the triggerbar support spring is usually over tensioned and can be relaxed. Going to order a second spring, just in case, before I consider any modification.

After watching a detail strip, and seeing how much internal grit in the oil that's used at the factory, I would like to do so and clean all the parts and replace a few springs and hold onto the OEMs for replacement. Considering the CGW RP-FPB spring, the reduced power trigger return spring, and I am not sure if it's worth it: the sear tuning kit, while I plan to get at least 500 rounds down the pipe before making any mods like that, I am tempted to have spare parts.

Its 22 dollars in springs, but 8 dollars shipping.

m4brian
02-16-18, 07:52
Roger - the trigger bar spring is in the thread. When I have the whole deal out, I take the spring OUT and also polish it at the sharp end - no need for sharp edges in a gun. My GUESS is that you could follow the polishing regimen and have a good DA and leave all stock. I have not done that, but wouldn't mind doing it as an experiment. (Again, the trigger bar and mainspring strut alone can be crude enough to ruin a trigger in DA on these guns).

Replacing the trigger return spring is almost essential in these guns anyway. The CGW spring is lighter and lasts 2-3 times longer.

If you want to run a lighter DA, you need to replace the firing pin with the longer Cajun one. Also good at that point to replace the plunger and FP spring.

You should then get the 15 AND 18 LB springs for the mainspring because the 15 MAY not light the hardest primers. I personally think that the 15 is good for ANY carry/defense ammo you would use.

That is why I generally get the Short Rest Kit (comes WITH the extended FP, better roll pin, with plunger spring and FP spring) as well as some very nicely made parts to shorten reset (not essential). I also get the 15/18 LB springs, AND the CGW sear springs which are better because they make the sear engagement more positive.

But the urban grey on this frame is 'sick' as they say. It is truly a cool color. Also, I am finding the tall sights fine for general use - need to do more shooting though. the extended mags are also a nice contrast and change the feel of the grip. Excellent gun.

HeruMew
02-16-18, 08:02
Looks great! I am glad you are so happy with it thus far.

Thanks WW.

Until the Black Rhino Holster comes in, I am pictured out. Haha.

m4brian
02-16-18, 08:44
I should also add that the roller on the FPB cam can be a source of problem for the DA pull. Put it on a thin BRASS punch and run a felt tip from a dremel on it, and make it smooth and more uniform - this also helps a bunch. If it is the right size you can also buy another CGW part that is near perfect and can help the DA pull.

HeruMew
02-16-18, 10:21
Roger - the trigger bar spring is in the thread. When I have the whole deal out, I take the spring OUT and also polish it at the sharp end - no need for sharp edges in a gun. My GUESS is that you could follow the polishing regimen and have a good DA and leave all stock. I have not done that, but wouldn't mind doing it as an experiment. (Again, the trigger bar and mainspring strut alone can be crude enough to ruin a trigger in DA on these guns).

Replacing the trigger return spring is almost essential in these guns anyway. The CGW spring is lighter and lasts 2-3 times longer.

If you want to run a lighter DA, you need to replace the firing pin with the longer Cajun one. Also good at that point to replace the plunger and FP spring.

You should then get the 15 AND 18 LB springs for the mainspring because the 15 MAY not light the hardest primers. I personally think that the 15 is good for ANY carry/defense ammo you would use.

That is why I generally get the Short Rest Kit (comes WITH the extended FP, better roll pin, with plunger spring and FP spring) as well as some very nicely made parts to shorten reset (not essential). I also get the 15/18 LB springs, AND the CGW sear springs which are better because they make the sear engagement more positive.

But the urban grey on this frame is 'sick' as they say. It is truly a cool color. Also, I am finding the tall sights fine for general use - need to do more shooting though. the extended mags are also a nice contrast and change the feel of the grip. Excellent gun.

I should also add that the roller on the FPB cam can be a source of problem for the DA pull. Put it on a thin BRASS punch and run a felt tip from a dremel on it, and make it smooth and more uniform - this also helps a bunch. If it is the right size you can also buy another CGW part that is near perfect and can help the DA pull.

Truly a gold mine of information on these parts.

I saw the extended firing pin, and had heard the important piece with that was to not use the stock hammer/mainspring. Your details/information really sum it all up very well. If I get the itch and decide to go full on CZ Fanboy, I will have to invest the extra funds to try out those pieces of the kit. Otherwise, I can always start with the springs now, add the main springs and extended firing pins in a couple months when I got extra funds to burn.

In regards to the idea of keeping it mostly stock and trying to tune it to a better trigger, that would be the ideal way. But, I also know I am very interested in having replacement/spare parts for all of my firearms, and especially carry guns. For my glocks, I always went OEM as I know it was easy to stray into garbage. Just based on the community, sounds like you can't really go wrong with the products from CGW, if you want to invest the money.

Part of the cart I had at CGW was their improved trigger return spring and an OEM one, based on a lot of the input, the OEMs are a little on the weak side for longevity. But I figured 2 bucks was a good investment to have another OEM on hand along with the 7 dollar CGW.

Thanks for the input about the sear springs and the polishing on the FPB. Great info that answered my big questions/concerns about those two areas.

Overall, I will admit that it's the type of triggers I enjoy, I shoot it pretty damn well already in comparison to a lot of the handguns I own, at least for now. The next really warm day we get I have to break out the sight pusher. It's to the left by about 1.5 inches at 20-25 yards; which matches pretty closely to the POI target they provided. Will give it some good bench rested shooting and get it sighted in out to 25 yards, double check its within man sized out to 50.

m4brian
02-16-18, 12:43
There is just something about HOW the grip, wide frame that covers the slide allowing your hands to get all over the gun, and angle of the grip that all work together to make it easy to shoot accurately. Couple that with solid barrel lockup, stiff/stout CHF barrels, and USEABLE triggers, and you have a great combo. OTB SIG, Berretta, and in my mind, HK all have better/smoother DA pulls. But the CZ trigger stroke is a tad shorter, and will smooth over time (or polishing) to make it excellent. And, OTB, the Omega trigger gives you a more distinct break in SA.

Improvements to the Gen 3? Decocker that operates like the P01 and makes it out of the way (or like the HK). Longer slide release that is easy to use for all hands. A little swell to the grip like the P10C. And, if they were really alert, a paddle mag release - the BEST ambi system available - like the P99. (But the last one would never happen).

HeruMew
02-24-18, 22:21
Started carrying it today.

After 500 rounds, 100 in carry ammo, I am confident with it. Quite.

Black Rhino just came in and it's extremely comfortable. I can't believe that size comparison, it is smaller than my N82 Glock Holster.

Weight comparison between the glock, loaded and full mag, and holsters:

Glock 26 + 12 Rounds + N82 Tac Pro Tandem = 35.10 oz
CZ P-07 + 17 Rounds + Black Rhino Concealment + Inforce APL Gen3 = 44.05 oz.

I don't really notice a difference, but the holster is amazing in it's draw. Due to the 90/10 design, the geometry isn't bad in regards to the trigger guard being open.

It holds everything nicely, accommodates the threaded barrel, night sights, and light wonderfully.

http://image.ibb.co/bHU65x/S0182117.jpg
http://image.ibb.co/c9BxCc/S0192118.jpg
http://image.ibb.co/dXrjax/S0222124.jpg
http://image.ibb.co/eDzFhc/S0232125.jpg
http://image.ibb.co/hffAFx/S0242126.jpg
http://image.ibb.co/n2fXTH/S0252127.jpg

m4brian
02-25-18, 17:50
Looks good. Nice compact package for what it is. When I held the P09 in the same format, I felt like I had a crew served weapon in my hands. Good stuff.