PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned my G17, and now it won’t work, or come apart, WTF now

mstennes
02-08-18, 20:49
ok, this is the first time I’ve ever had this happen. I cleaned my G17, put it all back together, racked the slide, pulled the trigger and nothing, it won’t reset or fire. So I went and pulled the slide back so I could pull the slide release down, pulled the trigger as far as it would go and the slide refuses to come off. When I pull it back and forth you can feel it move the trigger, but it refuses to let the slide come off. Now what? How do I get it apart so I can see what I did wrong?
Thanks,
Mike

officerX
02-08-18, 20:54
Are all part back in it? Did you forget to put the RSA back in?

JulyAZ
02-08-18, 21:02
Pics?

Iraqgunz
02-08-18, 21:22
What do you mean by cleaned? Like you tore it all the way down and assembled it wrong clean? Or you simply removed the slide assembly from the frame and cleaned it?

mstennes
02-08-18, 21:27
Pulled the trigger pins out and removed the trigger assembly cleaned, cleaned. Never had this happen before, and I’ve done them many, many times. I’ve got 10 Glocks and tear them down when I shoot, but I forgot something this.

What do you mean by cleaned? Like you tore it all the way down and assembled it wrong clean? Or you simply removed the slide assembly from the frame and cleaned it?

officerX
02-08-18, 21:42
Got parts leftover?

bmwsoldatone
02-08-18, 21:51
Ouchy. You “reengineered” something.
Hope it works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iraqgunz
02-08-18, 21:59
Is it possible that the trigger bar and connector weren't put in correctly?

mstennes
02-08-18, 22:01
Is it possible that the trigger bar and connector weren't put in correctly?

I’m thinking it is very possible, once I figure out how to get it apart I’m going to take a look.

Got parts leftover?

No, not this time but the night is young.

davidjinks
02-08-18, 22:05
Lock the slide to the rear, pull the back plate off, remove striker.

Ride the slide forward and then attempt to remove the slide from the frame by pulling back on the slide as you normally would and pull down the slide take down lever.

SSGGlock
02-08-18, 22:12
This.

Lock the slide to the rear, pull the back plate off, remove striker.

Ride the slide forward and then attempt to remove the slide from the frame by pulling back on the slide as you normally would and pull down the slide take down lever.

MegademiC
02-09-18, 07:13
Post a pic of slide and barrel positions.
Make sure the barrel is locked in, (up) all the way.
As said, pull slide cover off if possible.

Shine a light in the back and see if the sear is holding the stiker.
Its possible the safety plunger is stuck as well. You can use a paper clip to try and push stuff around from the back.

1986s4
02-09-18, 07:48
Don't clean your gun.
"Future" problem solved.

usmcvet
02-09-18, 09:20
Don't clean your gun.
"Future" problem solved.

Don’t detail strip it as often. It’s not necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mstennes
02-09-18, 11:01
Don't clean your gun.
"Future" problem solved.
Works for me, problem is solved.

Don’t detail strip it as often. It’s not necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It has been a long time and it’s a truck gun so it gets pretty dirty and needs a good tear down to g the dust out from time to time, or else I would t.

usmcvet
02-09-18, 11:38
It has been a long time and it’s a truck gun so it gets pretty dirty and needs a good tear down to g the dust out from time to time, or else I would t.

I thought you were doing it after every range trip.

mstennes
02-09-18, 15:36
I thought you were doing it after every range trip.

Oh hell no, I’m to uninspired to be that anal. These are tools more or less keep pretty clean and luned where they need it.

Iraqgunz
02-13-18, 04:20
Update?

usmcvet
02-17-18, 18:18
What was the issue?