PDA

View Full Version : Downed Russian pilot in Syria used machine pistol, grenade in last stand

khc3
02-09-18, 12:41
Downed Russian pilot in Syria used machine pistol, grenade in last stand (http://www.guns.com/2018/02/09/downed-russian-pilot-in-syria-used-machine-pistol-grenade-in-last-stand/)

The Sun, a tabloid in the UK, among others reported that, before his death, the 18-year veteran radioed to his base in Khmeimim that he had shot two insurgents and, before setting off the grenade that killed him, yelled, “This is for our guys.”

Sam
02-09-18, 12:47
You can't blame him for not wanting to have his head cut off by the ISIS rats.

chuckman
02-09-18, 12:48
Yeah, with what those pieces of shit do to prisoners, it was the only humane way out. No judgment here.

C-grunt
02-09-18, 12:51
I think there is video that I saw. The terrorists were closing in on him when he popped the grenade. Looks like he might have gotten a few with the frag too.

Firefly
02-09-18, 12:54
lolski

I saw that vid, a guy I knew sent it to me. It all happened so fast. Dude went out like a boss.

"This is for /Our Guys/, Tovarish! URAAA!" Ratatatat BOOM.

Vandal
02-09-18, 13:21
He took the best and only option in that situation. I'm glad he was able to choose his death and took out some of those shitheads out with him. Til Valhal!

Dist. Expert 26
02-09-18, 13:34
Went out like a boss. If he were an American he'd have a movie made about him.

hotrodder636
02-09-18, 13:46
Glad he was able to choose his way.

HeruMew
02-09-18, 13:59
Holy shite. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

MountainRaven
02-09-18, 14:26
Went out like a boss. If he were an American he'd have a movie made about him.

I'm sure the Russians are already making one and they'll give him a Putin fetish.

Kain
02-09-18, 14:51
One must respect a warrior, even if that warrior is not you own. Choosing your own death in the face of the enemy, refusing to surrender. I respect that.

I will have to toast him tonight with a glass of Vodka.

Sam
02-09-18, 15:12
I think there is video that I saw. The terrorists were closing in on him when he popped the grenade. Looks like he might have gotten a few with the frag too.

This video?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-russian-pilot-shot-down-captured-idlib-province-roman-filipov-a8195701.html

ABNAK
02-09-18, 18:17
You can't blame him for not wanting to have his head cut off by the ISIS rats.

Not to split hairs but it was Al Nusra, which IIRC is an Al Qaeda offshoot. Not that they're much better than ISIS.

Sam
02-09-18, 19:11
Thanks for setting me straight. Haven't kept up with all the bad actors in that area.

Averageman
02-09-18, 19:55
He went out like a good Soldier, good on him.

ABNAK
02-09-18, 20:38
He went out like a good Soldier, good on him.

Absolutely.

vicious_cb
02-09-18, 21:38
Russians die hard. I think early on in the war a russian combat air controller called an air strike on himself when he was surrounded.

I believe it was Otto Von Bismarck who said "Its not enough to kill a russian soldier, you have to march up and push him over as well."

Not sure why the Dems want to start Cold War 2.0 with #Russiacollusion when we should be teaming up to smash Islamic terrorists in the middle east.

Dist. Expert 26
02-09-18, 21:59
Russians die hard. I think early on in the war a russian combat air controller called an air strike on himself when he was surrounded.

I remember that. Metal as f**k. We should all be so lucky to die a true warrior's death.

user
02-09-18, 22:10
Strong ending....

Kain
02-09-18, 22:20

Not sure who said it first, but I think it is appropriate here.
"****ed going forward, ****ed going back. Might as well go forward and take as many of them with you as you can."

We should all be so lucky to die a true warrior's death.

Amen.

BoringGuy45
02-09-18, 22:32
Not sure why the Dems want to start Cold War 2.0 with #Russiacollusion when we should be teaming up to smash Islamic terrorists in the middle east.

Because they more boogiemen they can use for power consolidation, the better. They already have the masses convinced there are Neo-Nazis lurking behind every rock and tree in America. If they can project our old foes from 30 years ago as once again a dire threat, that's just more power they can take, and more liberties they can suspend in the name of "security".

Firefly
02-09-18, 23:26
Because they more boogiemen they can use for power consolidation, the better. They already have the masses convinced there are Neo-Nazis lurking behind every rock and tree in America. If they can project our old foes from 30 years ago as once again a dire threat, that's just more power they can take, and more liberties they can suspend in the name of "security".

This.

It keeps them awake at night that people might be independent and optimistic.

Like I told somebody over the whole "muh Russia" spiel:

When I see a Russian Paratrooper pulling a Red Dawn on me, then I will care. Otherwise I really DGAF.

But none of that strips this man of his pride.
Better to go out your own way than their way.

He's not the first guy to pull out a 'F you, Charlie (or Haji)' and wont be the last.

If that whole butthole of the world caught a Hiroshima; I wouldnt care.