PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Model 1 or M&A?

saleen
10-17-08, 00:38
The price is right and both are available with 1/7 chrome lined bores / 5.56 NATO chambers, but has anyone here had any experience with them? I'm interested more in complete uppers instead of full kits.

Saleen

sonrider657
10-17-08, 20:59
No experience with Model 1 but M&A is good to go!

Storydude
10-18-08, 10:28
My Model 1 CAR is good to go.

1/9, Chrome lined, Quality is equal to my Friends' DPMS and Bushmaster. Perfect fit to my MEGA lower, Key staking could be better. That's REALLY the only downside I've seen. I got kmine, cleaned it and then promptly put 300 rounds downrange at a Class.

ONE FTE on the last round in my crappy USGI mags, consistent with that mag only.

I'm sure the Model 1 could use some tweaking to be 100% perfect, but for the prioce I'm UBER impressed.

C4IGrant
10-18-08, 10:43
The price is right and both are available with 1/7 chrome lined bores / 5.56 NATO chambers, but has anyone here had any experience with them? I'm interested more in complete uppers instead of full kits.

Saleen

I have no experience with M&A, but would say PASS on the Model 1 Sales stuff.

If you want quality, I would look at BCM. They are one of the best.

C4

Dace
10-19-08, 10:43
I bought a 20 inch 1/7 twist government profile barrel from them a couple of months ago. I would have gone with someone else but no one had anything in stock for a few months and it was getting old. So I bought the barrel from Model One sales. Its an ER Shaw and shoots great. I have had no problems with it.

TOrrock
10-19-08, 19:14
I saw two Model 1 uppers shit the bed in a recent Vickers class, both were sub 1K rounds down range.

I personally wouldn't waste my money.....I'd save it until I could buy top shelf, so that I would only have to buy once.

dcsansiraq
10-19-08, 20:58
I bought a Model 1 kit before I knew what was going on. They are not anything close to mil-spec.:mad: Go with BCM. The charging handle would hit the end plate, because it was to large. They couldn't even make that part right. Just my experience.

gringop
10-19-08, 21:52
Model 1 Sales is a "value priced" vendor. You get what you pay for.

I have 2 rifles that I built from M1S kits. My competition gun broke it's bolt at a match, taking me out of that match. I replaced the bolt with an MPI tested LMT bolt.

That being said, I still recommnded M1S for my brother's and my BIL's builds because of the price. The barrels are good quality, small parts work ok, just understand that it's a bargan bin gun.

Gringop