PDA

View Full Version : Winter Olympics

rushca01
02-09-18, 19:51
I normally wouldn’t watch opening ceremonies but my little kids and wife are into it and being the good family man I am I’m watching with them.

In the dignitary box, not only is Mike Pence in the same box as Kim Yo-Jung, we have the parents of Otto Warmbier in the same box as well! Wow!

Vandal
02-09-18, 21:01
I normally wouldn’t watch opening ceremonies but my little kids and wife are into it and being the good family man I am I’m watching with them.

In the dignitary box, not only is Mike Pence in the same box as Kim Yo-Jung, we have the parents of Otto Warmbier in the same box as well! Wow!

I'm watching it a little behind on my DVR. Katie Couric even acknowledged the brutality of the NorKs. Having Otto Warmbier's parents there with Pence is a giant F-U to North Korea. I hope people talk shit to North Korea the entire time because F@#K those guys and the former Soviet Union.

Dist. Expert 26
02-09-18, 21:12
The former Soviet Union? Time to move on dude. By that standard we can just say "f**k the rest of the world".

Vandal
02-09-18, 21:27
Russia did continue with the Soviets long tradition of athlete doping and aren't formally recognized for it. So yes, by their actions it was reminiscent of the USSR's proud Olympic tradition.

Honu
02-09-18, 21:35
with the whole we made sure we had a diverse group praising the diversity so much idiotic I hope we get our butts pounded for that reason alone
but the upside is the diversity job is new and they are going to work harder to make our team more diverse (puke)

but yet they let sexual abuse happen and not report it till they were caught etc..

same as the whiny NFL crapping on our country

we have the largest team ever and often our 2nd or 3rd choice is better than other countries tops but that whole lets put focus on diversity

also the fact the opening ceremony issue of the one skater guy throwing a tantrum and not going to the opening cause some white girl got to carry the flag ? then tweeting basicallyt I should have gotten it #blackhistorymonth OK I would say fine then you are out of the games pack your bag !! it was a coin toss and he was so upset cause of that rather than supporting the other fellow athlete ? yeah and the others wanting to try to say trump has to resign or I wont participate or something idiotic like that ? but the same idiot wont train with his fellow athletes instead goes to Germany or Korea ? sorry no support for folks like that

sorry but I hope we get destroyed but chances are we will do well

TAZ
02-09-18, 22:06
The former Soviet Union? Time to move on dude. By that standard we can just say "f**k the rest of the world".

Well.... I’m good with that.

Dienekes
02-10-18, 08:39
Being raised in a Siberian climate, I used to have a little interest in the Winter Olympics. But nowadays everything is politicized.

I’d rather go out and shovel snow than watch TV anyway. Twisted, I know.

AKDoug
02-10-18, 11:59
Being raised in a Siberian climate, I used to have a little interest in the Winter Olympics. But nowadays everything is politicized.

I’d rather go out and shovel snow than watch TV anyway. Twisted, I know.

Me as well. I used to tune into sports to escape daily life. As soon as the SJW crowd got their teeth in it, I lost interest.

Bubba FAL
02-10-18, 13:17
I tried to watch the opening ceremony, but the running commentary from Stu Pedazzle & co. was annoying as hell. Once again NBC's coverage will consist of endless puff pieces with occasional coverage of an event.

By the way, I'm all for diversity if it means that biathlon gets as much coverage as figure skating, but somehow I don't think that's the kind of diversity NBC has in mind.

Oh yeah, Shani Davis can go suck eggs.

Sam
02-13-18, 13:00
https://i.imgur.com/ACRFRzx.jpg

ABC affiliate station somewhere in the US.

Renegade
02-13-18, 13:33

More than one WTF in that.

chuckman
02-13-18, 13:41

At ABC 7 affiliate office staff meeting:

Manager: "OK, guys, we all have to take a mandatory cultural diversity class next Tuesday....."

Sam
02-13-18, 13:47
Just for that, we're going to P.F. Chang's this weekend to celebrate the Chinese New Year !

rushca01
02-13-18, 14:02
What a sh1t show...the whole thing.

From coin tosses, to NK swooning, ice skating to work etc..

Moose-Knuckle
02-22-18, 17:47
And just like that the US men's curling team defeats the giants of Canada in the semi-finals to go on to play Sweden for the Gold!!!!

Stone-cold stunner: U.S. men's curlers vanquish Canada, will play for gold next
http://www.startribune.com/united-states-stuns-canada-in-men-s-curling-semifinal-gold-medal-match-in-next/474829353/#1

I was fortunate to watch the semi-final but missed the last of the game winning end do to dirty diaper detail.

Vandal
02-22-18, 22:08
Not to mention our women's hockey team beating Canada's in a shootout for gold. That was ridiculously fun to watch last night.

RazorBurn
02-22-18, 22:21
And just like that the US men's curling team defeats the giants of Canada in the semi-finals to go on to play Sweden for the Gold!!!!

Stone-cold stunner: U.S. men's curlers vanquish Canada, will play for gold next
http://www.startribune.com/united-states-stuns-canada-in-men-s-curling-semifinal-gold-medal-match-in-next/474829353/#1

I was fortunate to watch the semi-final but missed the last of the game winning end do to dirty diaper detail.

For some reason my son has been into watching curling, so that has me watching curling. I've never watched it before until this year. After Shuster's massive choke fest against Norway last weekend I would have laughed at anyone who would have said the US would defeat Canada not once but twice, and make it to the final. All I can say is holy sweet redemption. That's insane how they pulled back from the total brink.

On the other hand, the crashes in the ski half pipe final yesterday were friggin' insane!

Not to mention our women's hockey team beating Canada's in a shootout for gold. That was ridiculously fun to watch last night.

That was beast too!

Moose-Knuckle
02-22-18, 22:29
I missed the US women's hockey but plan on catching on YouTube or something.

Alpine events also catch my attention span, some gnarly injuries this go around.

Still can't believe we defeated Canada in men's curling!!!!