PDA

View Full Version : Got a Crossbreed IWB holster for my M&P

maximus83
10-17-08, 03:03
Just received my Crossbreed Supertuck (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html) IWB, configured to my M&P full-size and compact pistols. This has to be the most comfortable IWB I have tried. Even with my full-sized M&P, I can easily run at a good rate of speed, bend clear over from the waist to pick something up from the floor, bend my upper body from side to side, sit down in a variety of types of chairs without getting jabbed, etc.

I got the horsehide option, and also tried the new approach with a velcro strip running clear around the inside, and velcro clips on the holster. The clips attach to your pants, the belt covers up the clips completely, and to top it off, you can tuck your shirt between the clips and the holster (as with all super tucks), so you get great concealment with these things. I'll have to see how well this velcro approach holds up over time, but initially, I like the way it conceals, and it seems to hold up just as strongly as regular clips. For guys that need total concealment and don't want any clips showing, this seems like a good option.

This pic isn't of my holster (mine is LH and has velcro clips), but is the natural horsehide version that I bought.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/husker_t/cross1.jpg

Spade
10-17-08, 13:04
I have a Crossbread Supertuck for my XD 45 service model. I'm pretty pleased with it all & all. I do not have the velcro let us know how you like it after you have had it for a while

givo08
10-17-08, 15:40
I have a crossbreed supertuck for my HK45c and love it. I have a comp-tac MTAC for my G19, which is not offered for the 45c, and wanted something similar. I would suggest getting the $5 modification to make it easier to grab the gun when drawing, as I ended up making this modification myself after getting the holster and i'm not really crafty with things like that.

My one complaint is that I am not a fan of the clips that come with the crossbreed. I actually ordered and extra set of clips from comp-tac and use those instead. I think that the supertuck is more comfortable than the MTAC though and easier to tuck a shirt in around it because the clips are spaced wider apart. The MTAC feels a bit more durable though with thicker kydex and double thick leather.

ToddG
10-20-08, 08:58
WRT the clips:

I had a very early Crossbreed holster for a SIG P229, and the clips bent into unusable shapes very quickly. They were completely unsuitable for any kind of weapons retention needs. My understanding is that the clips have been upgraded to a thicker and stronger material since then, but I personally won't use any gear relying on kydex clips anymore. I've had Comp-Tac and Ready-Tac clips break on holsters and mag pouches, too.

maximus83
10-20-08, 09:19
Something I forgot to add earlier is that the Crossbreed holsters are now offering a lifetime warranty, along with their opportunity to return the holster within the first 2 weeks if you're not satisfied. At first I was leaning slightly toward the Mtac, not for any particular reason. But then I noticed a couple of things that Crossbreed started offering that I had wanted: (1) the option to get the holster in horse hide rather than cow hide (Mtac is cow hide only), and (2) the lifetime warranty (Mtac only offers 1 year, I think). Also I was surprised to find that they included a second set of the velcro clips in the package for no extra cost.