PDA

View Full Version : Shot Caller

LockenLoad
02-11-18, 09:58
Pretty good movie some might not have seen.
https://www.amazon.com/Shot-Caller-Nikolaj-Coster-Walau/dp/B074SZ1ZD3

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-11-18, 10:12
I thought it and the Riot in Cell Block 99 were both sub-par. Not horrible movies, but no Shawshank. Shot Caller was the better of the two. 99 just goes crazy at one point, but starts out strong. Shot Caller is beautifully put together. Good Saturday afternoon movies, but even with a Lanister and a Swinger in them my wife was meh...

Both had the Julie Roberts 'Hooker with a heart of gold', but this time it was a inmate.

LockenLoad
02-11-18, 10:16
I thought it and the Riot in Cell Block 99 were both sub-par. Not horrible movies, but no Shawshank. Shot Caller was the better of the two. 99 just goes crazy at one point, but starts out strong. Shot Caller is beautifully put together. Good Saturday afternoon movies, but even with a Lanister and a Swinger in them my wife was meh...

Both had the Julie Roberts 'Hooker with a heart of gold', but this time it was a inmate.

Yea it was not great by any means for sure.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-11-18, 19:55
I enjoyed it because Ive been tracking prison gangs for a long time. Beyond that it was so-so.

Kenneth
02-11-18, 20:21
I enjoyed it because Ive been tracking prison gangs for a long time. Beyond that it was so-so.

Why are you tracking prison gangs?

As someone who deals with them on a regular basis that movie is pretty dang accurate.

The concept of how someone comes into prison and ends up being a boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honu
02-11-18, 21:02
going to watch it :) thanks looks like it will be a fun flick from the preview maybe not seeing it just how many crimes you have to do to stay alive in prison and bringing out the animal in oneself ? what I got from the preview

could be one of those man I do not ever want to go to prison things :)

OK edit to say watched it :) liked it entertained etc.. dif then I thought but again thanks would have missed it :)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-13-18, 23:37
Why are you tracking prison gangs?

As someone who deals with them on a regular basis that movie is pretty dang accurate.

The concept of how someone comes into prison and ends up being a boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked amongst them for many years, sometimes in a tracking capacity.