PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Strikes Said to Kill Scores of Russia Fighters in Syria

Voodoochild
02-13-18, 08:13
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-13/u-s-strikes-said-to-kill-scores-of-russian-fighters-in-syria

More than 200 contract soldiers are said to have been killed
The casualties dwarf official Russian army death toll in Syria

duece71
02-13-18, 09:07
This has been a proxy war for a while now.......just wait until it’s no longer war by proxy

chuckman
02-13-18, 09:23
A couple thoughts. First, there are Russian fighters, then there are Russian fighters. Those were booger-eaters, mercs, not playing on Russia's dime. Russia doesn't seem too distraught over the event. Second, what country doesn't have some nationals over there fighting for someone? It may not be playing out with nation-states, but it is truly a "world war" given the dozens of countries with people over there in all sorts of capacities. Third, I love the pic of the Russians in the article: sporting a Punisher skull. I wonder if Marvel is going after them too for copyright infringement.

duece71
02-13-18, 09:25
Also, lots of money and money changing hands in this “war”. It will be a while unless the “proxy” fighting ends and the big players become fully involved.

Sry0fcr
02-13-18, 09:44
i still don't know WTF we're doing over there...

yoni
02-13-18, 11:01
Understand they were in Syria with the blessing and consent of Putin. But I don't see him getting all that worked up over this. On Saturday the IAF took out the majority of non Russian anti aircraft in Syria.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-13-18, 11:08
i still don't know WTF we're doing over there...

We are killing Russian Mercs, jeez, its in the title. :p

If it were just the Russians helping Syrians whack general jihadis, meh. Iran being there makes it a play to be a regional power from the Indian Ocean to the Med.

dwhitehorne
02-13-18, 15:44
It is interesting reading that a battalion sized force attacked with artillery support. It sounds like we handed them their asses. We haven't had a ground campaign in my life time with large opposing forces on the battle field. Desert Storm was one sided and nothing like a WWII operation. The Syrian's are dismayed at 200 KIA. Imagine the response if it was a thousand like a WWII battle. I wonder if any county in our time has the stomach for sustained intense conflict. David

scottryan
02-13-18, 16:10
Trump has lost control and the neo-cons are running the show.

Cagemonkey
02-13-18, 19:05
Trump has lost control and the neo-cons are running the show.Indeed. Dangerous Stuff. The NeoCons will be the death of us all.

turnburglar
02-14-18, 22:47
Indeed. Dangerous Stuff. The NeoCons will be the death of us all.

Shit.... whats a Neocon? Is that like a decepticon?

I need to know what to be afraid of.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-14-18, 23:03

Conservative Jews for the most part. By using the term 'neo-con' they can pack a lot of subtext in.

mack7.62
02-14-18, 23:35
Well this thread went South in a hurry.

scottryan
02-15-18, 09:11

A big government globalist establishment "conservative" hawk.

Outlander Systems
02-15-18, 09:39
A-soon-to-be-extinct Boomer with equal, but opposite, power to **** up the planet for future generations as the bleeding-heart flower power Boomer.

soulezoo
02-15-18, 11:51
You guys need to look up neo-con and see what it really was.

Hillary by original definition is a neo-con. Modern version of the term is exemplified by Wolfowitz.

26 Inf
02-15-18, 12:38

Hillary by original definition is a neo-con. Modern version of the term is exemplified by Wolfowitz.

On almost a daily basis something on this site prods me to learn more about a subject, in this case neo-cons.

I though I knew what the term meant, but it turns out just in the most peripheral sense.

Two statements I read got me to thinking, am I really a neocon?

1) In foreign policy, the neoconservatives' main concern is to prevent the development of a new rival

2) Neoconservative ideology stresses that while free markets do provide material goods in an efficient way, they lack the moral guidance human beings need to fulfill their needs.

I think I'm going to read a couple of the books and articles referenced to see if the cracks in my self image are real. :jester:

scottryan
02-15-18, 12:42

No I don't.

glocktogo
02-15-18, 15:46
No I don't.

Then perhaps you should stop using it. SecDef Mattis is NOT a neocon, and he controls what we do or do not do in Syria.

scottryan
02-15-18, 20:56
Then perhaps you should stop using it. SecDef Mattis is NOT a neocon, and he controls what we do or do not do in Syria.

Why are there US positions in Syria? Why is a US drone attacking a Syrian T-72?

War in Iraq
War in Afganistan
War in Syria
War in Libya
War with Russia
War with Iran
War with Venzuela
War with North Korea

If John Shitstain had it his way we would be having war in all these countries right now.

We have been at war since 2001. We have accomplished basically nothing under a futile ROE. We have not taken their oil and told them to straighten up, or you don't get it back. We have not threatened them with nuclear weapons.

Every time we get involved in a war with a country, it starts a chain migration of 3rd world shitbags into the United States from said target country.

After we have war with North Korea, where are all the staving North Koreans going to go?

They are going to come to the US and the deep state government will settle them in small to medium sized clean white mid-western towns with meat packing plants. So these 3rd world deadasses have a job, meanwhile they squirt out anchor babies by the litter and defile our once nice communities with crime, poverty, and general third world bullshit. Guess who gets their property taxes jack up after the local system needs to build a new school to educate all these 3rd world children who's parent pay little to no property tax.

I'm ****ing sick of it.

SteyrAUG
02-16-18, 01:37
Given that Russian fighters of any kind are hunting and killing ISIS, I probably feel bad for them even more than Putin does.

AndyLate
02-16-18, 07:17

War in Iraq
War in Afganistan
War in Syria
War in Libya
War with Russia
War with Iran
War with Venzuela
War with North Korea

If John Shitstain had it his way we would be having war in all these countries right now.

We have been at war since 2001. We have accomplished basically nothing under a futile ROE. We have not taken their oil and told them to straighten up, or you don't get it back. We have not threatened them with nuclear weapons.

Every time we get involved in a war with a country, it starts a chain migration of 3rd world shitbags into the United States from said target country.

After we have war with North Korea, where are all the staving North Koreans going to go?

They are going to come to the US and the deep state government will settle them in small to medium sized clean white mid-western towns with meat packing plants. So these 3rd world deadasses have a job, meanwhile they squirt out anchor babies by the litter and defile our once nice communities with crime, poverty, and general third world bullshit. Guess who gets their property taxes jack up after the local system needs to build a new school to educate all these 3rd world children who's parent pay little to no property tax.

I'm ****ing sick of it.

I dunno who Joe shitstain is, but the rest is horrifically spot-on.

Andy

glocktogo
02-16-18, 11:56

War in Iraq
War in Afganistan
War in Syria
War in Libya
War with Russia
War with Iran
War with Venzuela
War with North Korea

I'm ****ing sick of it.

Setting aside the racism in your post, we are at war in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. That's it. We're at war with ISIS in Syria and Iraq, which I'm OK with and wish Assad and Putin would stop getting in the way of that. I could care less whether Putin keeps his exclusive lock on the European natural gas market. I don't think Trump much cares either, which is another reason why the Eurotrash leaders like Merkel despise him.

We should be out of Afghanistan by now I agree. We punished them for longer than necessary due to dithering policies under Bush and Obama. If the leftists would get off Trump's crank for half an hour, perhaps he'd get some more things done. It's kinda hard to focus on real world priorities when slobbering fanatics are biting your junk 24/7/365.

I don't have a clue why you think we're going to war with the Norks, unless you hang on every word Wolf Blitzer says? Stop buying into the hysteria and leftist pandering, and stop worrying more about your property values than our nation.

I have no clue who John Shitstain is, unless you're talking about McCain? If so, I don't have a clue why you'd listen to that dottering old fool. :(

RetroRevolver77
02-16-18, 20:29
So McCain and Obama armed and trained ISIS whom are fighting the Russians, Syrians, Kurds and Turks. Turks are also fighting Kurds. Who are we fighting for then?

glocktogo
02-16-18, 20:45
So McCain and Obama armed and trained ISIS whom are fighting the Russians, Syrians, Kurds and Turks. Turks are also fighting Kurds. Who are we fighting for then?

The only thing we absolutely know for a certainty, is that McCain and Obama backed the wrong team.

mack7.62
02-17-18, 08:22
Some more info on this attack, likely Russians testing US resolve.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-mercenaries-testing-us-lost-300-troops-reports-2018-2

And the group US is supporting is the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) an alliance of Kurdish etc. and Armenian militias mainly fighting against ISIS and other Jihadist groups in the Syrian Civil War.

So Russia is using mercs to hide Russian losses, a battalion sized combined arms attack (with no air support) against a known US position met with US air strikes and USMC arty = 300 or so dead ??? number of Russians.

RetroRevolver77
02-17-18, 12:41
So we're backing the "Syrian Rebel Alliance", which is primarily Al Qaeda or ISIS.

Didn't we just spend 17 some years fighting Al Qaeda and now we're all friends?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/al-qaeda-is-eating-us-syrian-rebels-are-losing-out-to-extremists/2017/02/23/f9c6d1d4-f885-11e6-aa1e-5f735ee31334_story.html?utm_term=.515d70ba4214

AndyLate
02-17-18, 15:10
Setting aside the racism in your post, :(

Is it racist to point out that the previous administration had a strong propensity to place middle eastern refugees in parts of America where the majority of people are caucasion?

The reason is simple, its cheaper to settle people in Boise ID than Los Angeles.

Andy

glocktogo
02-17-18, 15:27
Some more info on this attack, likely Russians testing US resolve.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-mercenaries-testing-us-lost-300-troops-reports-2018-2

And the group US is supporting is the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) an alliance of Kurdish etc. and Armenian militias mainly fighting against ISIS and other Jihadist groups in the Syrian Civil War.

So Russia is using mercs to hide Russian losses, a battalion sized combined arms attack (with no air support) against a known US position met with US air strikes and USMC arty = 300 or so dead ??? number of Russians.

Well they got their answer didn't they! Care to guess what would've happened under CiC Obama? :rolleyes:

So we're backing the "Syrian Rebel Alliance", which is primarily Al Qaeda or ISIS.

Didn't we just spend 17 some years fighting Al Qaeda and now we're all friends?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/al-qaeda-is-eating-us-syrian-rebels-are-losing-out-to-extremists/2017/02/23/f9c6d1d4-f885-11e6-aa1e-5f735ee31334_story.html?utm_term=.515d70ba4214

Why are you relying on a terribly outdated article from a propaganda outlet for your viewpoint? :confused:

I already posted that McCain and Obama backed the wrong team, but Trump and Mattis damned sure aren't! LOL

Is it racist to point out that the previous administration had a strong propensity to place middle eastern refugees in parts of America where the majority of people are caucasion?

The reason is simple, its cheaper to settle people in Boise ID than Los Angeles.

Andy

Technically it may not be racist. It may just be bigoted and NIMBY style intolerance, dressed up as racism. :(

scottryan
02-18-18, 11:39
Technically it may not be racist. It may just be bigoted and NIMBY style intolerance, dressed up as racism. :(

So when I have to pay money to clean off graffiti from one of my properties or pay $8000 a year in property taxes on a 2200 sq ft house and I am not happy about this, is this racism?