PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pin Glock 17

UNIT 6639
10-17-08, 11:04
I just got one in a trade, I believe it needs the upgrade but I really dont want to mailit off, did anyone keep their 2 pin and not send it in for the upgrade?

If so, did it break or give you any trouble?

nsabjg
10-17-08, 11:54
What upgrade? Did what brake? A two pin gun just means that there is one pin in the locking block. There are many 9mm with only one pin in the locking block, all first gen. all gen. 2's and some gen 3's. What are you asking?

deercop
10-17-08, 12:24
I think what you're asking about, is the firing pin system "upgrade". For a G17, this is from serial number prefixes AA through WF, if I remember correctly from my armorer's course several years back.

DM-SC
10-17-08, 14:47
It was definitely on the early guns.

Robb Jensen
10-17-08, 15:20
I highly suggest the upgrade, it's free if you send your gun to Glock Inc. If yours has the black internals and not silvery colored then it hasn't had the upgrade.

UNIT 6639
10-25-08, 04:40
I meant the locking block pin, my old 2nd gen Glock 22 police trade in as the 3rd pin (locking block) but my newer 3rd gen 17 does not have the 3rd pin.

I will have to check it for the silvery internals, thanks guys for replying.

Robb Jensen
10-25-08, 08:47
I meant the locking block pin, my old 2nd gen Glock 22 police trade in as the 3rd pin (locking block) but my newer 3rd gen 17 does not have the 3rd pin.

I will have to check it for the silvery internals, thanks guys for replying.

Sounds like you have an early 3rd gen (finger grooves an rail) Glock 17 these didn't have the locking block pin nor did any 9mm except for the G26. Later Glock made all 9mms use the same locking blocks since it was cheaper to manufacturer one size block for the G17/G17L/22/24/31/34/35 size frames as well as the smaller frames G19/23/25/32.......its just a cost savings thing as the 9mm never had a problem without the top locking block pin.

ST911
10-25-08, 12:58
I meant the locking block pin, my old 2nd gen Glock 22 police trade in as the 3rd pin (locking block) but my newer 3rd gen 17 does not have the 3rd pin. I will have to check it for the silvery internals, thanks guys for replying.

Color of internals is one indicator but not necessarily the best one. I've seen various OEM parts, in guns and as spares, with darker finish (for awhile, particularly the FP safety and connector). I believe I posted pics of them in another thread like this.

There are various reference pics online, searchable by "Glock six-part upgrade" or something like that.

When in doubt, take it to a factory certified and competent armorer for personal examination. Or send it home.

M4arc
10-25-08, 13:07
I would send it back to Glock. Call them up and tell them that you bought it used and want to be sure it's 100%. You will then send it back on your dime and they will go through it, replace every spring and anything that needs to be upgraded, test fire, clean it and send it back to you. It should cost you $50-60 to send it back overnight but it's well worth it in my opinion.

UNIT 6639
10-26-08, 06:30
Robb, can I have you guys shp it to glock, (at my expense of course) , I do not want to deal with UPS when they ask me what I am shipping.

Robb Jensen
10-26-08, 06:47
Robb, can I have you guys shp it to glock, (at my expense of course) , I do not want to deal with UPS when they ask me what I am shipping.

Yes we can.