PDA

View Full Version : Duke prof claims libertarians on autism spectrum

chuckman
02-13-18, 13:31
I wish this wasn't true. I went to Duke, I work at Duke, and 95% of the place is pretty good. I already emailed the chair of the history department.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10504

Diamondback
02-13-18, 13:49
Can I smack this loser silly, as an Autistic American? Most of the autism spectrum is what's called "high-functioning"--average or higher IQ's just a bit "different," really more like the differences between Windows vs MacOS--a different "operating system" with a different set of strengths and weaknesses. Jefferson appears to have been HFA/Asperger's, and Bill Gates is an uncanny dead-ringer for the profile.

And the spectrum's politics are as scattered and divergent as the details of our individual cases--for every hard-right among us there's an equally-hard-leftist.

Most libertarians, and most autistics, just wanna be left alone to mind our own business. As long as the bills are paid and responsibilities are met, what's wrong with that?

glocktogo
02-13-18, 13:50
She's right about one thing. I don't feel any solidarity with or empathy for her.

Big A
02-13-18, 13:58
Well if it wasn't for all the autistic members of 4Chan and Reddit we wouldn't have President Trump so.....

skywalkrNCSU
02-13-18, 14:16
I have a feeling that some of her fellow faculty members from the economics department would take offense to that if they are anything like the professors I had. Almost every Econ professor I had was leaning pretty hard in the libertarian direction.

chuckman
02-13-18, 14:19
I have a feeling that some of her fellow faculty members from the economics department would take offense to that if they are anything like the professors I had. Almost every Econ professor I had was leaning pretty hard in the libertarian direction.

I saw her faculty webpage, she's pretty out there. I have discretely asked around (I was in the grad program for health policy), the history department has hunkered down. Lots of people at the Board of Trustees wringing their hands. My sense is they are all hoping it just goes away.

Big A
02-13-18, 14:36
I saw her faculty webpage, she's pretty out there. I have discretely asked around (I was in the grad program for health policy), the history department has hunkered down. Lots of people at the Board of Trustees wringing their hands. My sense is they are all hoping it just goes away.

Keep beating the drum so that it doesn't. Use the left's tactics against them.

Diamondback
02-13-18, 15:05

Well, I know of ONE school that's off the list for finishing my BA and pressing on to my Masters... of course if their History Dept embraces douches like her their Mil History program probably sucks sweaty donkey balls.

SteyrAUG
02-13-18, 15:29
Meanwhile I'd put a lot of university professors one the schizophrenic and psychopathic spectrum.

Mr. Goodtimes
02-13-18, 16:04
I identify as libertarian and personally take this as a great compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inkslinger
02-13-18, 16:23
I resemble that comment!

Diamondback
02-13-18, 16:34
Meanwhile I'd put a lot of university professors one the schizophrenic and psychopathic spectrum.

Along with other mental disorders that have strong positive correlation to Radical Left ideology...

Whiskey_Bravo
02-13-18, 16:48
Maybe everyone should let her and the administration know how they feel.

Nancy Maclean
nancy.maclean@duke.edu

John Jeffries Martin - Chair of the Dept of History
john.j.martin@duke.edu

Milton Blackmon - Academic Dean
milton.blackmon@duke.edu

Diamondback
02-13-18, 17:09
Excellent point, WB. I'm already working up a nastygram about how "as an Autistic American, I don't feel that Duke's history department would be a safe space for my studies." LOL Can we game this together and try to figure out how many Proggie trigger buzzwords we can work in? :)

Outlander Systems
02-13-18, 17:19
Lulz.

Where do I sign up to take an Autism blood test?

JulyAZ
02-13-18, 17:26
I’ve been called worse by better people.

I’m ok with this one.

Diamondback
02-13-18, 17:29
Or maybe we should forward this to 4chan... let Duke U experience what "weaponized autism" can do firsthand. lol

LMT Shooter
02-13-18, 18:53
I’ve been called worse by better people.

I’m ok with this one.

Beat me to it.

Whiskey_Bravo
02-13-18, 19:29
Lulz.

Do you sometimes feel like there should be less government? Do you feel taxation is theft? Do you wish to be left alone and leave others alone? If so please call our Autism hotline here at Duke University. You may be one of millions suffering from libertarian autism. With our approved system we can have you feeling like government is the answer again.

Bubba FAL
02-13-18, 19:59
Well, in my opinion, there is a strong correlation between tenure and megalomaniacal mental illness. Perhaps I should apply for a research grant to further study this phenomenon...

SteyrAUG
02-13-18, 20:29
Lulz.

Honestly, I just want to know what kind of job preference I might be entitled to as a highly functional autistic person.

skywalkrNCSU
02-13-18, 20:43
Honestly, I just want to know what kind of job preference I might be entitled to as a highly functional autistic person.

Forensic accounting....

glocktogo
02-13-18, 20:54
Forensic accounting....

And assassinations, but Diamondback already mentioned weaponized autism.

Big A
02-13-18, 21:20
Or maybe we should forward this to 4chan... let Duke U experience what "weaponized autism" can do firsthand. lol...50490

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Diamondback
02-13-18, 22:44
And assassinations, but Diamondback already mentioned weaponized autism.
Mainly in context of 4chan's motto, which mainly refers to their Intel Wonkery pinning down Daesh camps and calling down airstrikes, but I'm exploring a theory for my Masters thesis that an earlier form of 'weaponized autism' may have been what made MacArthur tick.

SteyrAUG
02-13-18, 23:37
Forensic accounting....

But I'm looking for entitlement despite any lack of requisite skills. Basically I want to skip the line ahead of anyone else as a useless management type who delegates any actual work to low level functionaries, takes credit for their success and then pulls down a high power income complete with bonuses and benefits...because after all I have special needs.

Does Congress have any highly functional autistic persons? Because I might have to run for Congress. As a Democrat of course.

Ed L.
02-14-18, 00:54
Well if it wasn't for all the autistic members of 4Chan and Reddit we wouldn't have President Trump so.....

Exactly how many members of Reddit and 4Chan are there and how can you show how many voted for President Trump? Forgive me if that was a joke that I did not understand.

Outlander Systems
02-14-18, 08:01
Don't ask how the sausage is made, desu.

Exactly how many members of Reddit and 4Chan are there and how can you show how many voted for President Trump? Forgive me if that was a joke that I did not understand.

The_War_Wagon
02-14-18, 08:19
Duke prof claims libertarians on autism spectrum

The University of New Joisey at Durham came up with this? :rolleyes:

That's OK - most Tarheels are 95% sure, DOOK professors are deeply inhaling the galloping STOOPIDS.

chuckman
02-14-18, 09:37
The University of New Joisey at Durham came up with this? :rolleyes:

That's OK - most Tarheels are 95% sure, DOOK professors are deeply inhaling the galloping STOOPIDS.

You know Duke has more people from NC than any other state?

WillBrink
02-14-18, 09:52
I wish this wasn't true. I went to Duke, I work at Duke, and 95% of the place is pretty good. I already emailed the chair of the history department.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10504

She obviously does not have a clue what a Libertarian is, seems to think they are essentially the same as far right, and can go shit in her hat. Two, I'd rather be on the spectrum disorder than a psycho:

"Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians.

A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism."

https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/

WillBrink
02-14-18, 09:53
She's right about one thing. I don't feel any solidarity with or empathy for her.

Dat you?

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zqkbpxhD_Ns/V7oka_qc-MI/AAAAAAAAB3c/WYwu8Sjk5ZcMwAoJwvflljo8gyE6ltJYgCLcB/s1600/rain%2BMan%2B-%2B5.jpg

Bulletdog
02-14-18, 10:02
The false "racist", "misogynist", "xenophobe", "Mexican hater", etc… labels aren't working out for them anymore, so anyone who opposes them or wants to uphold the principals laid out in the Constitution that made this country great is now "on the autism spectrum".

Nice. What label is next?

Things would be so much better if we all stopped thinking about what is right, and instead just followed this lady's plan for us all. She clearly knows more than us, and can tell what is best for us all. I don't know why you guys want to challenge her superior intellect.

Diamondback
02-14-18, 10:05
Thanks for the rebuttal article, Will, and thanks all around for bringing this to my attention, guys--I needed something to lead this week's column with, and calling the voices of pissed-off Rightosphere down on raving psychotic seems just the thing.

Diamondback
02-14-18, 11:44
Just put out the word to the crowd at RedState... maybe we can leverage some of the #NeverTrumpCrazies to good use.
https://www.redstate.com/diary/diamondback/2018/02/14/465602/

SteyrAUG
02-14-18, 16:45
She obviously does not have a clue what a Libertarian is, seems to think they are essentially the same as far right, and can go shit in her hat. Two, I'd rather be on the spectrum disorder than a psycho:

"Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians.

A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism."

https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/

Hey look, I was actually right.

Bubba FAL
02-14-18, 20:24
The false "racist", "misogynist", "xenophobe", "Mexican hater", etc… labels aren't working out for them anymore, so anyone who opposes them or wants to uphold the principals laid out in the Constitution that made this country great is now "on the autism spectrum".

Nice. What label is next?

Things would be so much better if we all stopped thinking about what is right, and instead just followed this lady's plan for us all. She clearly knows more than us, and can tell what is best for us all. I don't know why you guys want to challenge her superior intellect.

Well, since there is a 99.95% probability that I rank higher than she intellectually, I believe that I'll be better off without her scatological thought process. And I'm kinda serious about there being a correlation between tenure and psychosis...

The_War_Wagon
02-14-18, 20:56
You know Duke has more people from NC than any other state?

WITH NC driver licenses? I doubt even that.

glocktogo
02-14-18, 22:14
Dat you?

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zqkbpxhD_Ns/V7oka_qc-MI/AAAAAAAAB3c/WYwu8Sjk5ZcMwAoJwvflljo8gyE6ltJYgCLcB/s1600/rain%2BMan%2B-%2B5.jpg

I'm an excellent driver. Ten minutes to Wapner!

Diamondback
02-14-18, 22:20
You know, we had a vile sort like her at my alma mater. One good Fartjar strike straightened Stinkerbelle out... granted, Admin was looking for a pretext to fire her so my generous little gift of a noseful of concentrated, refined assgas was just the excuse for her dismissal.

Ed L.
02-14-18, 23:04

Don't ask how the sausage is made, desu.

I am not close to understanding. I asked an honest question. I looked at 4Chan and it looked like disorganized one-liners. Do I need to take an online course to understand it and it plays in to anything?

WillBrink
02-15-18, 08:18
You know, we had a vile sort like her at my alma mater. One good Fartjar strike straightened Stinkerbelle out... granted, Admin was looking for a pretext to fire her so my generous little gift of a noseful of concentrated, refined assgas was just the excuse for her dismissal.

Did her views radically change after she was hired?

chuckman
02-15-18, 08:23
WITH NC driver licenses? I doubt even that.

Yes. 208 from NC. Next highest is Cali with 168. Since everyone has this thing about NJ, they have 80. This class' demographics are historically consistent.

http://admissions.duke.edu/images/uploads/process/ClassProfile2020web.pdf

Diamondback
02-16-18, 00:13
Did her views radically change after she was hired?

Will, she had a vile personality from Day One, and was hired in like a "Starter Job/Baby Prof's First Gig" position. Part-timer too, though part of her attitude was insisting on her shared office-space being treated as if it was hers full-time... among myriad other unpleasantries and Snowflakeness.

Did I mention that when Operation Fartjar was in prep, our chancellor himself joined in on the Taco Hell runs to keep my digestive distillery fueled? :eek: