PDA

View Full Version : link to M&P dis-assembly pictorial or vid?

30 cal slut
10-17-08, 12:42
i mean complete disassembly if there's one lying around.

no shortage of them for glocks, but my google-fu is weak for the M&P.

i can get the striker out (like a glock) but i'm stumped on the extractor.

haven't tried pulling out the frame innards yet, but would like to get in there and detail strip/clean/lube before my next class.

thanks!

-slut

ToddG
10-20-08, 08:52
You basically need a hydraulic press or both the strength of Samson and an adamantium punch to get the extractor pin out on the 9/40/357 guns. The 45's are easier but still not easy. FWIW, mine has gone over 50k rounds without a single problem, and my previous one went about 27k without trouble. It's pretty much a bullet proof design and doesn't seem to need replacement or detail strip cleaning. Just brush the hook once in a while.

Disassembling the frame is relatively easy. I'd say it's somewhat easier than a SIG but not nearly as easy as a Glock.

While I was shown how to do it, I've yet to take my sear housing block apart. It seems unnecessary from a maintenance standpoint.

Again FWIW, I didn't know how to detail strip mine until after the 50k point, and except for two 'maintenance' trips to a local armorer it never received more than a typical field strip cleaning.

YukonGlocker
10-21-08, 04:07
Once you know the trick for removing the extractor pin, it's easy.
But as Todd stated, it's not really necessary to remove it.

At some point, all M&Ps will ship with a roll pin for the extractor pin, like the .45s are now.

mike benedict
10-21-08, 08:20
Removing the extractor pin on and M&P is relatively easy but you will need a starter punch.
The pin is tightly fitted and will bend a normal 1/16" punch. So take a new 1/16 punch (or the one you just bent trying to get the pin to move) and cut it off so as to have 1/8" of punch left. Start the pin moving with the short punch which will not bend) and use a regular punch to complete the pin removal.

Mike

Caliber0
10-21-08, 11:17
I have been thinking about ordering this video (http://www.mp-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=235&osCsid=f7e94a26b9389851e42c032229ce15c6).

30 cal slut
10-21-08, 11:29
thx to all, guess i'll drop some coin on the video.

YukonGlocker
10-24-08, 08:18
That video doesn't show a detail (complete) disassembly.