PDA

View Full Version : Gun Stuff You Want a Manufacturer to Offer

Doc Safari
02-16-18, 12:55
I emailed Trijicon asking for a generous eye-relief ACOG type optic that can substitute for a battery-powered RDS. I asked it to have a simple reticle, be tritium and fiber optic powered (i.e., NO batteries required), and have at least the eye relief of their most eye-friendly optic the TA33.

(I noticed they made the TA45 but for some reason this optic is incredibly hard to find. Midway USA lists it as a "one time" run).

So what's on your list?

uffdaphil
02-16-18, 13:29
Long slide G26

LED TA33

officerX
02-16-18, 13:39
I emailed Trijicon asking for a generous eye-relief ACOG type optic that can substitute for a battery-powered RDS. I asked it to have a simple reticle, be tritium and fiber optic powered (i.e., NO batteries required), and have at least the eye relief of their most eye-friendly optic the TA33.

(I noticed they made the TA45 but for some reason this optic is incredibly hard to find. Midway USA lists it as a "one time" run).

So what's on your list?

https://www.amazon.com/Acog-Scope-Illuminated-Crosshair-Reticle/dp/B0038JCL20

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1124396-REG/trijicon_ta45_c_400156_15x24_acog_scope_red.html - listed as "special order" 6-10 weeks

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Trijicon-ACOG-1-5x24-Riflescope-Red-Crosshair-p/ta45-c-400157.htm

Whiskey_Bravo
02-16-18, 13:41
phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

Doc Safari
02-16-18, 13:42
https://www.armsunlimited.com/Trijicon-ACOG-1-5x24-Riflescope-Red-Crosshair-p/ta45-c-400157.htm

Interesting. I did not find that third one when I was doing my search. I'd prefer a simple red dot or horseshoe (maybe a chevron?), but a red crosshair might be okay.

Still not quite what I'm looking for but I may bite.

EDITED TO ADD: Nah, it's still not a "red dot." I want a tritium and fiber optic MRO / ACOG clone to put it simply.

SomeOtherGuy
02-16-18, 14:09
A prism sight (ACOG or whatever) that uses both fiber-optic and battery-LED for illumination, so you can have a bright reticle in daylight regardless of batteries, and have nighttime illumination at whatever brightness you want without the clock ticking on your tritium fill.

A variable, conventional scope 1-6x or 2-10x with the same dual illumination system.

An ACOG TA-11 or similar with a mil-scale reticle instead of a BDC, so I don't have to marry the $1k+ optic to one specific cartridge.

Trijicon, Browe, are you listening?

The entire .308-class AR industry to standardize on one, single dimensional standard that makes sense, and start having .308 ARs be mix-and-match like you can with AR-15s.

A Glock-compatible handgun with a serialized (the legal gun) steel chassis frame, non-serialized polymer grip modules, and everything else mix-and-match, and actually engineered and tested to work in all conditions. (Replacing OEM Glock parts with metal of the same dimension doesn't always turn out well.)

Doc Safari
02-16-18, 14:26
I wish Ruger would go back to making full grip frame .357 revolvers like the Security Six and Service Six.

I just can't love the abbreviated grip frame of the GP100.

JulyAZ
02-16-18, 14:41
A Colt Diamondback.

Barrels with proper spec’d or under spec’d gas ports for SBRs. Thank you Sionics, but I also need a 10.3 FSB.

Kain
02-16-18, 14:44
A propperly built and speced Magpul Masada in the price range that it was originally supposed to be.

elephant
02-16-18, 15:11
KAC CQB MOD 1 upper - currently discontinued

Civilian version Heckler & Koch G36c

Civilian version Heckler & Koch MP7

Jellybean
02-16-18, 17:04
The entire .308-class AR industry to standardize on one, single dimensional standard that makes sense, and start having .308 ARs be mix-and-match like you can with AR-15s...

FFS already! :rolleyes: I think we're at a point where there's a couple major companies who have proven the design enough to get to a place where things can start being standardized...But then I guess that would be the end of charging $2-3k for, in effect, an AR15 caliber swap...
Not to mention, just plain offering an ability get get spare parts more readily....

Joelski
02-16-18, 17:33
User serviceable tritium illumination.

HK 433

RetroRevolver77
02-16-18, 17:41
Standardized piston AR variant. Not interested in the "civilian" HK variant if they aren't going to offer a decent barrel for that price point. For now though I'm content with my AUG's and 106's to fill that "SHTF" 5.56NATO piston fed role but would prefer a more ergonomic solution.

02-16-18, 17:41
Longslide PX4G, in both 9 and 40.

DA/SA in the form factor, or very slightly larger than, of a CW9. Basically I want a single stack 9 with a 3.5 in barrel that I can just barely get my whole hand on. 7 or 8 rnds. No safety, decocker only.

All future 92/96/M9 variants should have a replaceable front sight, and it should be the same type across all models. I especially want a 92 compact that I can put Triji HD’s on.

Triji HD and HD XR for Vertec/M9A3.

Triji HD XR for 92A1.

More 90/10 and 100/0 split holsters, in general. I hate 50/50 split.

More optics with reticles similar to the ACOG and Steiner P4xi.

14.7 in barrels in place of all non-clone 14.5’s.

Mags suitable for USPSA limited for the Beretta 96.

Canadian Colts.

SteyrAUG
02-16-18, 19:00
Quality RDS that will cowitness HK 90 series sights.

Krazykarl
02-16-18, 19:34
I long range hunting rifle with controlled feed in 338 Lapua, 33 nosler, or similar cartridge. Non existent offering outside of the expense of a custom made rifle.

docsherm
02-16-18, 20:04

Hey, just what you see pal.

Straight Shooter
02-16-18, 20:17
Id like Henry Rifles to start making side-gate loading rifles as an option.

Diamondback
02-16-18, 20:35
A gun that makes Bloomerdouche Grabberfascists literally shit themselves into empty skins at the sight of it. :)

Seriously, a Dolos compatible, ~12" handguard with Keymod or M-Lok on all sides, fat enough to go around a suppressor or blast-shield but still slim enough to be manageable, or just do it like DD did for 12.5" barrels with an ~11.75" HG. Bonus points for having a front-sight pocket.

And a better riser-system that lets you adjust optic height in like ~1/4" increments.

And I still want my Top Gun F-14 HUD=style holosight with range, windage/BDC, and round-count right on the glass... I'd even be OK with it having to use a Bluetooth connection and phone app for control, since you can get prepaid smartphones for cheap at Walmart. (Just need a rail-mount phone carrier/protector...)

BuzzinSATX
02-16-18, 21:46
I just want a 15-17 round G21 mag by Glock or Magpul...

Hank6046
02-16-18, 22:13
Some sort of standardization of the AR10 platform that allows a person to truly "build" a rifle
Edit: I now see that this was previously posted by another person on the board

elephant
02-16-18, 23:48

I'm gonna close early today, there's a 15 day wait on the handgun but the rifles you can take right now!

pingdork
02-17-18, 02:18
Aimpoint with diopter adjustment

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

ramairthree
02-17-18, 03:10
A Beretta 92 with an actual SS frame.
Competitive with CZ steel frame offerings,
Not their rare, limited specials.

Five_Point_Five_Six
02-17-18, 09:54

I'm gonna close early today, there's a 15 day wait on the handgun but the rifles you can take right now!

Just watched Terminator again the other night and it dawned on me that I haven't heard any old farts call someone pal since at least the early 90's.

Kain
02-17-18, 22:27
An Arisaka Tactical handheld in the SF executive vein. And sell extra pocket clips for when I break the Mofos.

And while on the handheld light vein. I'd like one with a programmable output setting, and or bezel rotation output adjustments. Like all the way on for high, backed off a click for low, ect, ect. And User configurable for the needs of the end users. While I'd like a nice high output for immediate use, being able to back it off to 100 or 200 for GP stuff but with a 10 hour run time, or 40 lumens for admin usage, would be bitching. Keep the package under $200 and make it slim, light(no pun intended) and durable and you should sell well.

Vgex2
02-17-18, 22:55
How about a Geissele 10-10.5" SMR.:mad:

Dienekes
02-18-18, 00:44

So what's on your list?

About 12 years ago (holy smoke, is it THAT long ago?!) I put a TA45/amber triangle on my AR. I got it for the exact same reason, lots of eye relief, wide FOV, etc. I liked it then and still do. If I ever have to send it in I may change to a red triangle; but it's been an outstanding optic. A few years later I sprung for a TA-33/red horseshoe on another AR which gives me 3X and still decent eye relief.

I could go for one of the TA44 red circle dots but I think I'm GTG with the above.

Diamondback
02-18-18, 00:45
How about a Geissele 10-10.5" SMR.:mad:

The new Mk 18 that has full M-Lok all-around in that length, please. :)

MountainRaven
02-20-18, 02:48
Reproduction Colt 601 sling.
Green and brown scales for the M7 bayonet (or a straight up retro M7 bayonet with green and/or brown scales and an M8A1 scabbard).
Reproduction pre-1964 USAF M16 magazine pouches.
Fakelite 601 furniture (not just the brown stuff, give it marbling).

BFG Retro VCAS (slings) - with hardware for M1s, M14s/M1As, M16s, XM177E1/XM177E2/GAU-5/A/As - in black (with black leather pull tab in LE form and OD#7 in regular production), OD#7 (with tan or russet leather pull tab in LE form and OD#3 in regular production), and OD#3 (with tan or russet leather pull tab in LE form and OD#7 in regular production form).

An unobtrusive method of mounting a SureFire Scout to an M16/M16A1 and other retro rifles and carbines.

ETA: I also wish BCM would bring back the pre-"gas buster" charging handles. Just so they look less "wrong" on a retro or homage rifle.

pinzgauer
02-20-18, 13:25
Colt M16A1 correct upper receiver with fwd assist, etc
Colt mfg M16A2 upper, same as above
Colt M16A1 semi not made by CE or CCC. Real colt, correct receiver & finish.Like a SP1 but without large pins, stupid bcg, etc. And not 3x the cost of current Colt ARs.

Decent lightweight & compact 1-6 LPV scope without electronics, turrets, etc. in the $400.500 range or less. Several get close, but are either heavy, more complicated, tacticool (I don't want turrets on a carbine scope), etc.

Already mentioned:
ACOGs with decent (normal) eye relief

Padded vcas type sling with sewn in QDs for reasonable price. BFG is close to $100 configured. Right now I make mine with surplus M60 slings. Should be something less than the price of a vcas plus $20 times two for QD's.

Big A
02-20-18, 13:53
The entire .308-class AR industry to standardize on one, single dimensional standard that makes sense, and start having .308 ARs be mix-and-match like you can with AR-15s.

A Glock-compatible handgun with a serialized (the legal gun) steel chassis frame, non-serialized polymer grip modules, and everything else mix-and-match, and actually engineered and tested to work in all conditions. (Replacing OEM Glock parts with metal of the same dimension doesn't always turn out well.)

Glock could just serialize the trigger bars and be done with it.

FFS already! :rolleyes: I think we're at a point where there's a couple major companies who have proven the design enough to get to a place where things can start being standardized...But then I guess that would be the end of charging $2-3k for, in effect, an AR15 caliber swap...
Not to mention, just plain offering an ability get get spare parts more readily....

Some sort of standardization of the AR10 platform that allows a person to truly "build" a rifle
Edit: I now see that this was previously posted by another person on the board

I'm with all 3 of ya on the standardized .308 AR. Seriously, gun makers, get your shit together already.

A Streamlight TLR-7 with the standard up/down toggle switch. Doesn't even have to be the TLR-7. Just a single battery, 400 or more lumens with TLR-7/APLc dimensions, but with the up/down switch.

Rogue556
02-20-18, 15:21
And sell extra pocket clips.

Those Surefire pocket clips seriously suck. They need to include like ten of them with each light.. even then I'd bet after a year I'd need to order more.

Now that you mention it, I do wish Surefire would make more weapon lights with the rotational bezel. An M600V dual fuel scout light with five settings: 1. 1200 Lumen with a tighter beam pattern 2. 600 Lumen with more spill 3. Off setting 4. IR with more spill 5. IR with a tighter pattern for extended range. It would also be nice if all their other non IR heads had two outputs using the rotational bezel, with an off setting in between.

I really wish Colt made a 14.5" and 16" SOCOM barrel with a mid-length gas system and no M203 cuts.

Colt 6720 OEM1 & OEM2

Colt 6960 CCU OEM

Aimpoint Nano that doesn't require the purchase of a B&T wonder pistol.

HK VP9/P30 factory 20 round mags

So far I really dig Scalarworks stuff, I'd bet a set of flip up irons from them would be nice.

A factory BCM .308/7.62 rifle in 14.5", 16", and 18" versions with an MSRP of $2200 or less.

I'm sure I could think of more, but those are the things I'd most likely purchase myself.